Start by marking “Fractures (Echoes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fractures (Echoes, #2)

Fractures

(Echoes #2)

They survived a plane crash.
They survived life on a deserted island.
They survived being hunted.
Now they must survive the truth—they are not who they think they are.

One minute they’re in Poland, subjected to gruesome tests they keep failing. No friends to support them. No family to claim them. No hope of ever living a normal life again.

Then suddenly, they’re trapped on an a
Published June 2nd 2020 by Entangled: Teen (first published June 1st 2020)

Start your review of Fractures (Echoes, #2)
Danielle's
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was infatuated with Echoes and was really excited to see news about Fractures. This is the sequel and the second part of a continuous story. Fractures continues the mystery I came to love in Echoes but we have a new world. There are more questions to be answered and working out the truth is hard.

Echoes was told from Fiona’s point of view whereas our new narrator is Miles. They still need to work together even though they think they’re heading home. All is not as it seem as the mind muddle cont
Meigan
Echoes was such a delight and certainly one of the very few books I urged people to avoid any and all reviews for. Any little tiny tidbit, even the smallest detail, could spoil that story and readers should be as aloof going into it as I was. Normally with second books, I don’t try to be as careful with the details, but I will do the same thing I did with ECHOES and give barely anything away.

FRACTURES picks up right where ECHOES left off, with Miles and Fiona being rescued and hopefully filled
Isela
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for sending me an Advanced Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Fractures continues with Fiona and Miles’ story where Echoes left off.

Fiona and Miles thought they would leave the island behind and start their new lives in California with new identities. However, their nightmare is just beginning.

After being "rescued" by Agent McCarty, Fiona and Miles hop in a plane to California. They soon fi
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

I really enjoyed reading Echoes, and was pretty excited to get to its follow up! This book picks up right where Echoes ends, and it ends on quite the cliffhanger, so it's going to be hard to not spoil anything from the first book. I'll do my best to keep it vague though! I am just going to break down everything I enjoyed about the book!

►We learn so much more about the characters! In
chloe ♡
Nov 02, 2020 rated it liked it
a bit underwhelming following the masterpiece that is echoes :(
this wasn't bad, but wasn't super good either
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

If you were around my blog in the summer of 2018, then you know I became positively OBSESSED with Alice Reeds’ Echoes! It was a bizarre read with a truly spine-gripping puzzle and mystery to it that I devoured that book and waited endlessly for news of a sequel and finally the day came when Fractures was announced and I pounced on the chance to read it early!

Fiona a
Sara Oxton
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fractures by Alice Reeds a fractured four-star read. I didn’t realise that this was number two in the Echoes series and I probably should have gone back and read number one but I didn’t have the chance, this was well written and had a great plot that will keep you hooked but I did feel like I missed some of the story not having read number one. There was alternating chapters and that got a little brain foggy at times, but I am not my nest at the moment so it could have just been me. I do plan on ...more
Lindsay
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
While Echoes is written from Fiona's point of view, Fractures is written from Miles. I didn't know this book was the second in the series when I requested the ARC so I had to read Echoes before delving into this one. The jump in narration was confusing since I kept thinking it was Fiona instead of Miles, but then again that is on me since I jumped from Echoes straight into Fractures.

Fractures takes place where Echoes left off. Fiona and Miles think they are going back to the US where they will l
Véronique Laplante Grenier
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to received an arc of this book from Netgalley and the publisher. Of course before reading this book, after having realize it was a sequel, I have read Echoes and really like it so I was happy to already have Fractures in my kindle.

Miles and Fiona have survive a plane crash, a deserted island and being hunted. But now they will need to survive the truth. They are not who they think they are.

Now in Poland, they are being told that their past live was never real. Miles and Fiona don't
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult / Suspense
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Fractures is the second installment in author Alice Reeds Echoes Duology. The story takes place where Echoes left off. As the story opens, Fiona Wolf and Miles Echo think they are going back to the US where they will live in California with different names while under the protection of an FBI agent named McCarley. Their joy derails when they end up in Poland and back into the hands of Briola Biotech. They are, after all, pro
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
This book was a continuation of Echoes, which gripped me and didn’t let me go.
Fractures was a different experience for me. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but the plot felt like there were so many things going on that it became difficult to keep up with what was truly happening.
I also liked the characters more in book 1. The dynamic between them almost seemed to flip on it head here and created an atmosphere for their relationship that wasn’t totally believable.
The upsides to this book were tha
Nerdy Chic
Fractures by Alice Reeds is the second book and a continuation of Echoes, where we are introduced to Miles and Fiona who's plane crash-lands on a deserted island and are forced to rely on each other to survive. I'd highly recommend that anyone wanting to pick this one up to read Echoes first as everything that happens, and characters introduced in the first book will effect the story.

See my full review on my website: http://nerdychic.net/fractures-echoes...
Lolamartinezmein.Gmx
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Was fun :-)
Terry Self
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A most enjoyable read.Kept you guessing right to the end would recommend to anyone who likes mystery novels.
Nikole Clow
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fractures takes off right way Echoes left off. The two two main characters, Fiona and Miles, are rescued from the island they were trapped on. But the shocker is what they thought was a rescue mission was actually a completely different operation, one that proves to be more sinister and filled with more secrets. And instead of going back home to their parents and their lives, they’re sent somewhere else, living completely different lives with memories they don’t recall having. Fractures is a mys ...more
Sharon
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait to read book 2 of the Echoes series and find out how Fiona and Miles adjust to their promised new lives in the witness protection program, but unfortunately, their luck went from bad to worse.

Fiona and Miles are part of some kind of experiment promoted by greed and power. After they thought they were rescued from their first harrowing trip to Berlin and a remote island, they were tricked and sent to a place called the Villa that holds other teenagers. However, they are also on an
Katherine Paschal
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, suspense, teen
**3.5 Stars**
I had no idea how this story would play out after how Echoes ended- keep in mind that this is the second book in the series and it HAS to be read in order. I found it really interesting that the author switched perspectives in this sequel. In the first book, Echoes, the story is narrated by Fiona but in Fractures, the story is completely told through Miles' eyes. I was thrown a little off by the twist, uncertain how I felt about the change when the story started. I did like getting
Lozzie
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fractures continue from the first book, Echoes. It is told from the perspective of the male protagonist, Miles and we get to see more mind trips in their world as well as seeing Miles and Fiona's personal relationship develops.

This read has a slightly darker and more mysterious element to it. It is action-packed and you still feel the element of illusion from the first book. You get to see a different side to Miles and Fiona, and the pressures of their world fall onto them. Everything is questi
Olivia
Apr 18, 2020 rated it liked it
FRACTURES follows up ECHOES with a similar adventure and eventually leading to the answers we sought in the first book. Miles and Fiona have escaped from the island and although they thought they were being rescued, they have now been transported to Poland, where they are being told none of their past lives happened. They are told that they are named Kellie and Oscar, and Fiona and Miles never existed. They are unsure what to believe, but they do believe in their own memories.

Along the same line
Have Coffee Need Books
Augh. Miles? Fiona? What is happening? I love it. I hate it. I can't deal.

If you read Echoes, you know what to expect going into Fractures, and Alice Reeds does not disappoint! As a matter of fact, she doubles up!

Miles and Fiona are off the Island; the hunt is not on, but they are still in the clutches of the Briola Bio-Tech peeps. The dark corporation takes a more insidious turn this book as Alice Reeds cracks open the bad apple and takes us into the Garden of Evil. The new mind fracture has t
Lelia Taylor
Jun 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: full-reviews

When I read Echoes, the first book, I was immediately drawn in by the two protagonists and by the alternate timeline aspect of the plot. The timeline thing and the characters still appeal to me in Fractures now that they are off the island but, if Fiona and Miles thought they were in trouble before, they could have had no idea what was to come.

This time, the point of view comes from Miles and there’s a difference in the level of urgency that they felt on the island but the mystery of wh
Lelia Taylor

Kera (featherboundbooks)
I was emailed a while back recommending this book to me based on my reading tastes. NOWHERE in any of that email, on NetGalley when I requested this title, or on Goodreads when I looked this up (around the same time) did it say that this was a sequel. So I went into this book having no clue that it was a book two. That played a huge factor in my enjoyment of this book.

That being said, this was still a good read. We have Miles and Fiona who survived a plane crash and are deposited in this new pla
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fractures is the second book in the Echoes series, and it picks up right where Echoes (Book 1) left off, which means YOU MUST READ ECHOES FIRST! I found it an interesting concept that Alice Reeds did with Fractures being told from Miles POV as Echoes was from Fiona's POV. Since the major point of this series is suspense/mystery, I'm not inclined to give details away when it comes to the happenings. I can say this, there are many f-bomb worthy twists, with all kinds of questions being answered, h ...more
Eva Scalzo
reading echoes was a mind-trip, and fractures basically continues apace. this time we're in miles's perspective, and he and fiona must deal with shifting realities and dual timelines and figuring out what the heck is going on.

honestly i recommend a refresher read of echoes before diving into fractures, the books are decidedly not standalones. not being in fiona's head this time makes for a slightly disconcerting experience when you first pick the book up, but it quickly fades once you are thrust
Bookish Heidi
Jun 05, 2020 rated it liked it
What would you do if you woke up stranded on an island? That's what happened to Miles and Fiona. They were stranded on an island and then woke up stuck on a cargo ship with no recollection of how they got there. Next thing they know, the FBI rescues them and everything changes.

They're told they can't go home. That they're now in witness protection and have new names and identities. While Miles and Fiona are making peace with this, they get taken to a Villa in Europe where everyone seems to know
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a continuation of Echoes, which gripped me and didn’t let me go.
The upsides to this book were tha
Meaghan Hurn
May 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
Fractures follows up the first book, Echos, with a similar adventure and leading to the answers we wanted from the first book. This is not a stand-alone novel, so you'd need to read Echos to understand where you're at.

The POV has shifted and may take some getting used to. This is Miles' perspective and will throw you off if you're not ready for it. If you're not good at following a story with different time frames and characters having multiple names and places, you might find yourself confused
Sara Strand
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving this one a 4.5 rounded up to 5. Although I had some issues with Fiona being a pain and it was such a character change from the first book, overall I really enjoyed this one. I love how it doesn't stick in the dystopian lane but in brings in the mystery, suspense, a little thriller, a little romance, and gives us a well rounded story. This is one I'd definitely recommend to YA fans. You can read my whole review on Stranded in Chaos.

A huge thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Teen for
Tracey
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was super awesome. After Reading Echo I couldn't wait to dive into this book. 2 teenagers Fiona and Miles survived a plane crash having no memory . I was hooked following these characters as they embark on a journey to discover the truth and to find a way back home. The story plot was entertaining to read I couldn't put the book down. This is a scifi thriller that will leave you in suspense I really enjoyed this book. No spoilers here I voluntarily review this book for my honest opinio ...more

• Teen Killers Club
  • Roaring
  • Magic Dark and Strange
  • How to Quit Your Crush
  • You Don't Know My Name (The Black Angel Chronicles #1)
  • Five Total Strangers
  • Last Girls
  • Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)
  • Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring
  • Trojan (Andrew Harvey, #1)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella, #1)
  • Awful Intentions (Celestial Bodies #2)
  • #MNGirl (Midwest Boys, #1)
  • The Invention of Sophie Carter
  • Ride (B.A.D. Inc #2)
  • Kiss To Conquer (Blairwood University #1)
  • The Essence of Evil (D.I. Dani Stephens, #1)
  • Mission Three: The Enemy (Chris Ryan Extreme: Night Strike #3)
Alice Reeds was born in a small town in Germany but spent her first eight years in Florida, USA. Later on, she moved back to Europe, where her family moved around a lot. She was raised trilingual and has a basic understanding of Russian, read and spoken. After getting her International Baccalaureate Diploma, Alice is studying English Language and Literature at University. In her free time Alice mo ...more

Echoes (2 books)