Start by marking “Jesse (The Suttons: An American Legacy #1)” as Want to Read:
Jesse (The Suttons: An American Legacy #1)

Jesse

(The Suttons: An American Legacy #1)

** When Published, this book will be at least 180 pages of Romance - enjoy!**

Since 1925, the Suttons have helped create movie magic on their ranch in Central California. Now its time for a new generation to take over.

Jesse Sutton holds the reins on the newest movie project, but hes more than aware that hes just filling the shoes of his brother who was lost in Vietnam.
Published February 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Jesse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesse

Start your review of Jesse (The Suttons: An American Legacy #1)
Courtney
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I must admit I was hesitant to read this book solely based on the time period. I have a love/hate relationship with romances from the 50s-70s due to the way women were treated. Yes I know it was worse in earlier times, but for some reason this time span annoys me more lol. This has nothing to do with the author's ability to write a good story and more about me wanting to run some of these cavemen over with my car. That being said, I enjoyed this book and look forward to the series continuing.
Debra Smith
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The start of the Sutton's.

Such a great read. Well written with wonderful characters. Jesse is the son of Caroline and Holy who lost his older brother in Vietnam. They have a big ranch and rent it out to movie companies. Etta has had enough of her father's high handed-ness and is ready for a change.
She's a sweet innocent young lady that is a little naive about some ways of the world.
Sweet love story with just enough meanness to keep you on your toes and just imagine how vile some actors probably
Sherry Koch
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think this was the first romance novel I've read that took place in the 70's. Jesse has taken over the Sutton family Ranch, that serves as a backdrop for countless Hollywood western productions. Originally, his brother was supposed to take over running the ranch, but Vietnam changed that. The loss of his brother left a scar on the family Sutton, and his absence ist still felt intensely. Etta, has decided to run from her own scarred family. After her mother died, her father has done less than a ...more
Faith W
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jesse is A Breath of Fresh Air!

Beautifully sweet love story with all the drama, mystery and HEA ending! The man on the cover fit the male lead in this story to a T! Strong male who has a gentle side and big living heart who naturally is the protective type. Female lead is sweet, unpretentious character who has left a volatile and restrictive past and unexpectedly found a bright, loving future! Well worth the read!!
Crystal Brown
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is set in the 70's. Jesse's brother died in the Vietnam War and the whole family is trying to move on. Jesse's family owns a ranch where they built a western town so Hollywood can make western movies. Jessie is in charge to help one actor learn how to ride a horse who is rude and lazy. Etta left home to start a new life away from her father who just wants her to stay home but she wants to be part of his companies. Her father throws a party where he get drunk and slaps her. She decided ...more
Cali Jewel
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Action packed, emotionally thrilling and hard to put down adventure filled with exciting and engaging charters, witty dialog, heart racing twists and undeniable passion. Was a great read from beginning to end, really enjoyed the journey!
JoAnne
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A heartfelt and sweet romance story interweaved with drama and suspense. Excellently told with some really interesting characters in a time period that will have in completely immersed in the story and lives of the characters.
A definite page turner and great beginning to a new series.
Sherry Chinn
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!

This was a great book! I really enjoyed it! A great ending. A sweet romance

I really enjoyed reading this story. It was a sweet romance with a good ending. I can't ask for anything better!
Kaylee Nizza
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great new series. Jesse and Etta's story has it all. Their story kept me on my toes and has me sighing the next. Reina Torres has definitely left this reader wanting more.
Michele Del Rey
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great romance read. This author really has a way with words. I enjoyed every word and every scene.
SOMDReigel
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet romance between a cowboy and a naïve young woman who has been shelter in life. It has a western theme, set in 1970s on a movie location. Wasnt crazy about the lead female character and I found it odd that she left home/ran away during the night and nothing was ever written about her father trying to find his only child. Other than that, enjoyable read and the series has promise to be another hit by Reina Torres. Lots of emotions and sweet ending. ...more
Helen Diedericks
Slow sweet romance.....

Jesse is under pressure to manage the ranch and everything for the movie that is to be filmed on the ranch and with that he has to deal with a douche actor who think he is all that...

Etta is a sweet young woman finding herself and learning that she can do anything she puts her mind to. Having a domineering father who kept her on a short leash, she leaves home and ends up in a small town laundromat and meets Jesse and the owner Bettie.

This is a sweet story with some
Terri
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, street-team-book
This book took place in the Vietnam era, but took place in a western setting--very interesting. I have enjoyed everything I've ever read by Ms. Torres and this was no exception.
Etta was a unique character in that she had played a prominent part in her father's business social settings, yet she was actually very stilted in many of life's necessities and normal happenings.
Jesse was a true gentleman and a very likable character. From the moment they met, he set out to help Etta in her "new life"
J Williams
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Set in the 1970s, this book is a fantastic start to a new series by Reina Torres.

Jesse and Etta share a really unique bond and I loved watching them grow closer. There were plenty of twists and turns here with a bad guy, sweet romance and lots of family drama.

I can't wait for more in this series!!
Lynn Kantor
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you are a Ms Reina fan this is a must read. It's always so much fun to read the first book of a new series. Getting to learn about about new families and what makes them tick, watching a romance blossom and overcome odds to get to their HAE is such a great thing. Me Reina really bring the characters to life with her words, it makes me want to go visit the ranch. I can't wait to see where this series goes. How long before the next one....hopefully soon. Just a little fyi....this is a sweet ...more
Michelle
Shelves: 5-star-read, arc, 2020
Jesse is a man on a mission, to keep the family ranch going and Etta is trying to make it on her own. Set in the 1970s this sweet love story is filled with drama, angst, misunderstandings, romance and a great ending. I look forward to reading the next book in the series. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Jill
Love me a cowboy

Jesse Sutton is trying to keep his families legacy alive but it is a struggle. Jesse meets Henrietta one night and helps the young lady out Henrietta or Etta as she is soon known as is looking to prove herself and she meets Jesse that first night. She ends up working for his family. There is an instant but sweet attraction. Unfortunately there is also a bad guy we meet. Can Etta and Jesse push aside the problems and find a way to make it work. This book was so great.
Sunny
Sweet...Sexy...Hot...Fabulous!!!

This book has it all! A handsome, sexy as all get out hero, a beautiful, innocent, sweet heroin, a vile villain, mystery, drama, suspense, romance with a hot scene for dessert with a cherry on top ending...to be continued in Book Two. I loved everything about the characters, the story and the venue. Ms. Torres does not disappoint! I cant wait for book two in this series. Its one for the nightstand to be read again and again. Thank you, Reina Torres, for the
Rachael Bromley
I loved Jesse and Etta

Jesse hold the reins to his families future and to the further of the movie being filmed on his families land. After his brothers death its up to him to raise money for his mom and dad. Etta has had enough of her father after her mother left and after he slaps her she decides her future is elsewhere. She meets Jesse and things go great until a Hollywood actor gets involved and Etta ends up in hospital. Can Jesse be the man of the family and carry on what his brother was
Michele
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fabulous way to start a new series. You will fall in love with the Suttons and this couple - Etta and Jesse -could not put it down! Check it out. I am voluntarily leaving my review after reading an advance reader copy of the book from the author. ...more
Teresa
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jesse and Etta find each other and just like real life nothing is easy or taken for granted - Reina has a great start to her new series with this book - love her westerns! I received a beta version and my thoughts and review are my own and freely given
Elinda Moody
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book on the condition that I write an honest review. Jesse feels like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. He's trying his best to keep the ranch his family owns afloat. Etta has a controlling father who criticizes her at every turn and dictates every move she makes. One night, he hits her. When he storms out of the house, she packs her clothes and leaves. Jesse and Etta meet at a laundromat. The road to their HEA is anything but easy. There will be laughter, ...more
Jo West
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very good read! This is a story of love, family, and friends..Jesse and Etta are so good together. You have a hero who is so totally charming and easy going and good looking, and a heroine who is adorable and so determined to find her way, there are twists and turns this book is set in the 1970s and made me yearn for the good old days, I would certainly read the next one.
Michelle
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I fell in love with this book and never wanted it to end. Great story teller! I want more... this story just had me from the beginning and kept getting better. There is no cookie cutter story telling here.
Anna Hartt
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are very believable. This book does bring up possible feelings of mental abuse as well as sexual abuse. It makes me feel good to know that Etta would not be hurt again by Randy.

I can see this is the beginning of a great series. The stage is set!!
Princess Thuy
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great intro to a wonderful family that I can't wait to read more about. Set in the 1970's on a ranch in California, I loved that it was a mixture of western cowboy with a contemporary movie/Hollywood type theme. Jesse and his family live on a real ranch that they built a western town on so that Hollywood producers can film their western movies or shows there. Such a cute concept. I've never read anything like that before so this was such a fun story for me. Jesse and Etta were absolutely ...more
Courtney Kinder
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series! Set in the 1970s in California, the hero Jesse Sutton and his family work to make their ranch prosperous again. Henrietta 'Etta' Bradford leaves her home to find a better life. Could her stop in a new town lead to her happily ever after? I loved the instant chemistry between Jesse and Etta! His family and friends were such caring people. I can't wait for the next book.
Ruiz Kim
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series. The characters and supporting characters are all great. A unique storyline, with the timeframe and setting. Both Etta and Jesse have something's to work through, put that with some twist makes for a story that will keep you reading. Looking forward to seeing what is coming next. I received a free copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a review
Maureen
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A totally enjoyable book to read, and i loved it to be sure. A tale of Jesse Sutton and Etta a sweet romance between a cowboy and a princess.
Jesses character, well what can one say about this wonderful and gorgeous man, he is totally a gentleman with wonderful values.
Etta, hasnt had any experience with men at all, she had been living with her father, till she decided it was time she wasnt there any more to make her own way.
There Romance is slow and the chemistry is definately there. After
Ginny Pearson
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a total different direction than I have read from this author but loved it.
Jesse is a cowboy and Etta is a true princess. A sweet romance with a few misunderstandings through the way. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
I received a free copy and chose to review.

• Maximus (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Gold Team Book 4)
  • Alec's Dream (Gemini Group Book 4)
  • Her Tempting Protector (Night Storm #2)
  • Rescuing Katherine (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Bravo RISC Team, #2)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Keeping Quinn (The Next Generation #6)
  • Fatal Connection (Phoenix Agency Universe #15)
  • SEAL's Vow (Iron Horse Legacy Book 4)
  • Fatal Desires (The Phoenix Agency Kindle Worlds Novella; G.E.A. Files Book 1)
  • Guarding Lauren: Brotherhood Protectors World (Texas Guardians, #1)
  • Rescuing Gracelynn (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #1)
  • Theirs To Treasure (Fate Harbor, #1)
  • Saving Love (Brotherhood Protectors World; Saving #1)
  • SEALed At Sunset: In Love With His Best Friend's Girl (Sunset SEALs Book 1)
  • Shadow of Doubt (Sanctuary, #3)
  • Protecting Tina (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Guardians of Hope Book 7)
  • A Triple C Ranch Christmas Wedding (Brotherhood Protectors World)
  • Best Laid Plans (Sanctuary #2)

News & Interviews