Start by marking “The Lost Link (Power of Fae, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Link (Power of Fae, #1)

The Lost Link

(Power of Fae #1)

I die every night in my dreams.

Add to that the hallucinations of people I've never met and creatures that don't exist, and you can see why I don’t let anyone in. People don't take well to weirdos that can't tell reality from illusion.

That all changed the day a dragon attacked. Yup, that’s right. A real-life, smoke-breathing dragon hunted me down in the middle of a school
Published March 23rd 2020 by Harris Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Link, please sign up.
Michelle Bryan It does have a few swear words. Not much. No inappropriate scenes 😀

Start your review of The Lost Link (Power of Fae, #1)
N.N. Light
Jette has been dealing with nightmares and visions since she was little. Now in high school, she's a tough young woman who can hold her own. But all that changes when she sees a dragon appear in the skies. Frightened out of her wits, she escapes school grounds to her mentor Bishop's shop. He grabs her hand and together they enter a world she never thought existed via a portal. This magical world is filled with creatures only written in fairy tales and one sexy fae prince. She discovers she's got ...more
Rachel
Mar 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Note: I received this book from the author and I voluntarily give this review, it is my honest opinion.

Lost Link was a quick and fun read, that I really enjoyed. It's centered on my favorite type of supernatural, the fae, has a snarky female character who has a sense of humor, a hot fae prince (like there is any kind) and elemental magic, all of which help make Lost Link a good read.

Bridjette is the main character and she is one of those characters who at first has a questionable mental state. W
Susan Faw
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Bryan's The Lost Link is a sassy, fae themed urban fantasy novel, that is so gripping, it will leave you breathless. Jette's attraction to the son of the fae queen brings an intense dynamic seen in only the best of the genre fiction. An easy five stars. ...more
Jellybean70
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Fae, Monster, Magic, and a bit of romance! Loved the banter between Main Characters Jette and Starke was entertaining.

First time reading this author, will definitely continue n with this series.
Katherine Paschal
I loved the world building in this story, it is nothing like anything else I have read before. There were many different kinds of world to travel into, all different but dangerous in it's own way. There was lots of kinds of magic and magic users and species, be it humans, elementals and fey- and shape shifting animals. As well as mystery and an epic evil queen and her wolf/dragon hybrid monsters. I loved all the twists in the plot, everything kept me guessing.

My problem with the story was the m
Lene Blackthorn
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes it's difficult to accept who you are. Take Jette for example.
First, coming to terms among humans with her hallucinations and odd visage. Then accepting magic is real and she has elemental powers. Not really fitting anywhere, not having a grip on either life. And if it was not enough, there is the little fact the world is on the brink of apocalypse, tyranny, and destruction, and the burden of stopping the disaster is on her shoulders. No pressure, right?
Coming to terms with Jette is d
Bethany
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jette suffers from hallucinations, at least that's what the doctors tell her. However, as they take on the shape of dragons, she can't deny how real they feel. Then, her teacher and only friend wisks her away to a whole different world. It's a world where creatures like the fae exist and Jette learns that she isn't an ordinary person. Everyone looks to her like she's some powerful being, but she doesn't feel it. Instead, she feels magic-less.

In this world, she meets Starke. He's cocky, arrogant,
Kendoll
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and intriguing introduction to a new series about a girl who discovers she has magical powers, and gets transported to a new world which needs her help. If that sounds like something you enjoy I think this may be for you.

I liked the magic system, and the world building was great! I also really enjoyed how realistic this was, particularly concerning Jette (heroine). Her reactions and thoughts are exactly what I would be thinking if I found out about magic and new worlds.

While ini
Jennifer Mullins
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once I started, I could not put this book down! Jette is a strong female character who has awesome taste in music:

“Flipping through my phone, I found my favorite playlist of eighties music. Yeah, eighties stuff was what everyone’s wrinkly old parents reminisced about as they tried to recapture their youth, but shit, it was damn good music. There was nothing like hearing Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” or Prince’s “Purple Pain” thumping through your head. Scrolling through the list, I decided to st
Mike Lewis
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an extraordinary urban fantasy story that started off with a troubled young woman living in a foster home. She had nightmares was going to therapy and that she was just going crazy. Her only goal was to pass her social studies test. Then the world changed and she realize maybe she’s not going crazy. A combination of urban fantasy and sci-fi thrown in together. If you remember the TV show sliders where they traveled to the same earth but different dimensions and everything was different. ...more
Kimi
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really interesting story!

I found myself reading non stop until the end. That’s how interesting it was. I really like the main Character Jette. She’s straightforward and speaks her mind. And is kickass too! I might have a slight crush on Starke as well. Those two are perfect for eachother!

I definitely would love to find out what happens next.

There’s no way I was able to guess what would happen in this story. Everything seems so new and different to me. I’ve read other books about Fae and magic
Lara Joy
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mysti
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I don’t know where to start!?!? First, I’m not a fan of this genre BUT I am a HUGE fan of the author so I decided to give it a try. I’m so glad that I did! I can say this is one of my favorite reads for the past few years!

I couldn’t put it down. I read it in one sitting even though I sacrificed most of my sleep and I went to work thinking about these characters and this world she’s created.

The cliffhanger at the end is epic if you have read her other series.... that’s all I’ll say to avoi
LooseBoots
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes i find it difficult to write a review, that’s why I read instead. I don’t like to use spoilers which doesn’t help me. But I can say that this is the start of a great exciting fantasy adventure that was totally entertaining and enjoyable. The twists and turns made me want to keep reading as long as I could. Unfortunately, even in lockdown, life gets in the way.
The main characters Jette and Starke certainly kept the adrenaline going.
Magic and power, love and hate all mixed up to bring
SheReads
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the books this author has written before. I can't talk enough about how much I loved this variation on fae. It's so different from others, so unique, that it sucked me into the story and I read it in two sittings.

Jette has had a super rough life in the human realm and it's not about to get easier now that she went into the fae realm. She may not have had parents that loved her, but at least no one tried to abduct her. Now, she has an evil queen after her, a reluctant alliance w
Amber
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Iove this book! Jette made me laugh out loud many times. I love how she just says how she feel. I loved Starke from the start. Cant wait to see where this story take Jette and Starke. I really enjoyed this world and had a hard time putting this book down. I cant wait for the next book in the series.
Vicki Cawley
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant start to a series. I was hooked from the opening. It does include some swearing, but I would suggest this to 12 years plus and possible mature younger readers. Jette (My brain pronounces this is several different ways) is a wonderful character with sass, humour and girl power. She is an excellent role model. Love this book and fully recommend, looking forward to book 2.
Tammy
Jul 06, 2020 rated it liked it
The first half of the book was slow and lacked dialogue. Dialogue is important to me. The second half was better. If I had to break it down the first half was a 2 and the second a 4 so that gives it a 3 rating. I did like Jette and Starke together in the second part. There was some action in the second part also.
Tamara Steck
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved more than I anticipated!

The Lost Link was recommended by an author friend of mine so I decided to give it a read. Adding Michelle Bryan to my loved authors!!! I recommend this book to anyone looking for fantasy world travel and action coupled we ish adventure and partnership. Give it a read!
Brianna
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First things first, I need the second book! This book captured me from the very beginning and kept me hooked. The story is interesting and fun and so cool. I love Jette and her journey and all the people she meets.
Sheila Ryals
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
😻

That was weird, good but very weird. The whole world hopping thing is out there but kinda cool. Can’t wait on the next book!
Jess Boaden
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was honestly surprised by this books. The first half of the first chapter had me feeling like I was going to read a typical “my parents sacrificed themselves for me, and now I have to relive it again and again” book. Except the second half came and completely threw me off that course!
I was so pleasantly surprised that I have been hooked to this book since. The contrast of language and how real the main characters reactions are is great! I loved the concept and how Michelle wrote each character
Nikki
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it
2.75

I read this with kindle unlimited

I don’t know, I just didn’t care for the main character Jette. It may be the boatloads of teen angst but Jette whined way too much for me- she reminded me of a 12 year old but with less respect.

Did enjoy one quote “Wow. Please tell me everyone around here doesn’t treat you like that.” “Like what?” He truly seemed puzzled at my statement. “Like you fart roses and butterflies.”
Oksana
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've never read any books by this author before. The Lost Link was a great introduction to her writing. It's an adventurous story about a girl who suddenly discovers that she has magical powers and her world is turned upside down. The Lost Link was impossible to put down. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series. ...more
Aimee
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've had the pleasure of ARC reading for this author, and like all of her other works, this one had me page turning like crazy!
It's a bit different from her previous styles of writing (New Blood trilogy.. if you haven't yet go read it!), But still FLOWS with her original style.

Bridjette is a fresh new character with a whole new set of things going on in her life,
Gone are the zombies and leeches from Michelle's other works (or are they?), And enter a whole new realm of creatures and ideas to kee
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Jette has lived in foster care all her life without a mother or father that she knows of. Jetta has no friends she pushes people away keeping them on the outside never letting anyone get close enough to be on the inside.

Jette has terrible nightmare almost every night. She has hallucinations of people she’s never met oh and let’s not forget about the creatures she sees that are not real. One day at her school Jette is chased down by one of those creatures that don’t exist, a dragon. Jette is sav
Yoneidis
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jette tries to deal with her abandonment issues, she was left in an orphanage when she was 5 years old. Her classmates call her Albino Freak, and she also has to take pills bc she suffers hallucinations. Until one day when she visits her sensei Bishop something incredible happens, she takes her to another world, to Endova, where she discovers that she was not hallucinating, that the creatures she saw were real, that magic is real, that there are dragons, ogres, fairies, and that she also has pow ...more
L.J. Higgins
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve loved every book I’ve ever read by Michelle Bryan and The Lost Link didn’t disappoint.
Jette has been plagued by nightmares and hallucinations from a young age and that’s all she believed them to be until the day a dragon appeared in the skies. That’s when her trusted friend and mentor Bishop whisks her off to a new world where her amazing adventure begins. A sexy fae male, an evil fae queen who is hunting her down, oh and Jette discovers she has magic too. She just has to work out how to us
Aizlynne
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a great first book in a series! I love it when authors can take something I love, fae, and write them in a new and exciting way. I also really appreciate when the MC reacts realistically to bizarre, new situations. Jette (by the way, cutest short version of Bridjette ever!) does not just go with the flow of her new reality. Her responses ring true to her personality and, frankly, anyone faced with this level of change would be freaking out. I loved it and want the next installment now.
Vintagebooklvr
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
A fairly typical fantasy/urban fantasy of this type. I like sass but the female lead gets a bit annoying. Particularly when she keeps on using idioms and referencing things that people from a parallel world would know nothing about. It makes sense that some would slip in but all the time? Don't you want people to actually understand you? ...more
New Adult Book Club: #46/20 ~ The Lost Link by Michelle Bryan 9 30 Oct 04, 2020 12:48PM

• Fae's Deception (Queens of the Fae Book 1)
  • Fae's Destruction (Queens of the Fae Book 3)
  • The Winter Sacrifice (Rise of the Dark Fae #1)
  • To Carve a Fae Heart (The Fair Isle Trilogy, #1)
  • Fae's Defiance (Queens of the Fae Book 2)
  • Wandering Queen (Lost Fae, #1)
  • Blood of the High Court (Rise of the Dark Fae #2)
  • Of Dreams and Sorcery (Royal Fae Guardians, #1)
  • Bloodline Academy (Bloodline Academy, #1)
  • Fallen Queen (Lost Fae, #2)
  • Bloodshed Academy: Year One (Bloodshed Academy, #1)
  • Kiss of the Damned (Fallen Cities: Elisium, #1)
  • Reaping Havoc (The Grimm Brotherhood, #2)
  • Prince of Never (Black Blood Fae, #1)
  • Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lord of Winter (Fae of Darkness, #1)
  • The Moonfire Bride (Of Candlelight and Shadows #1)
  • Spring (Evermore Academy, #2)

Power of Fae (3 books)
  • The Lost Magic (Power of Fae Book 2)
  • The Lost Prince (Power of Fae #3)