Start by marking “Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences” as Want to Read:
Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences

Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences

THE DUKE'S SURPRISE by Meara Platt... Cheyne Lyon, Duke of Mar isnt surprised when his wastrel brother dumps a wife and baby on his doorstep, but Jennifer is intelligent, nurturing, and sweet, just the sort Cheyne could love, if only she wasnt already taken. When unsavory strangers come around looking for a runaway young lady, Cheyne realizes Jennifer isnt who she claims ...more
Published March 17th 2020 (first published March 14th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Lords, Ladies and Babies, please sign up.
Scarlett Scott It's connected to the Winter series, but it's more like book 6.5. Book 7, Adele and Dominic's story, will be releasing in September. :)

Start your review of Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences
Elodie
Lords, Ladies and Babies
A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences
with stories by
Meara Platt, Tabetha Waite, Tammy Andresen,
Annabelle Anders, Merry Farmer, Scarlett Scott

#LordsLadiesAndBabies

Love doesnt always go as planned and sometimes it results in adorable little consequences! Six tales of Regency love, each including a bundle of joy. Dont miss this very special set of books written by your favorite Historical Romance authors!
Meara Platt, Tabetha Waite, Tammy Andresen, Annabelle
Maggie Whitworth
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ive reviewed 3 of the books in this compilation , but all of them, as you can see, are of the highest quality.
Dont miss reading them.

The Dukes Suprise
Meara Platt
❤❤❤❤❤
💋
Eek.
A beautiful novella with a passionate and gruff Duke, who has such a soft centre.

Hes Lyon, a Scot, a Duke, a brother ,an uncle, and a great holder of tradition, but more than that ,to Jenny hes the man she loves on first sight.
Believing she is married to his brother is what keeps them apart, but so do the lies she told him.

His
Horsegirl1985
This is a great boxed set to help get your mind of COVID-19. Secret babies are one of my favorite tropes so I was hoping this set would give me my fix and it did.

THE DUKE'S SURPRISE by Meara Platt... Wow, Im a fan of the name Cheyne now! This is a relationship based on deception. Jennifer is dumped on Cheynes doorstep with a baby. But is she who she really says she is? I enjoyed this story very much. Very funny!

THE SCOT'S BAIRN by Tabetha Waite... Damaris Honeywell ruins herself to try to escape
Estela
The Dukes Surprise by Meara Platt
4 1/2 stars
Starring Cheyne Lyon, Duke of Mar and Jenny Bramwell. Heroine in disguise trope.

I really loved this novella. Cheyne believes Jenny and baby belong to his brother... Jenny knows that once he discovers the truth, Cheyne will ask her to leave. I know, right?! I love the tension as they fight off their attraction for one another. But when Cheyne and Jenny do finally got together, its very sweet and totally made me smile. Definitely gave me all the feels.
Traci
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun collection of stories from six great romance authors. I loved the common theme of surprise babies. The lords were not expecting to fall in love and have a baby already on the way! The stories were well written and had wonderful characters. Even though they were short stories with the same plots they were each unique to the author and their style of writing. This is certainly the perfect book if you are looking for some quick romance stories that vary in style and heat level!
I
Janet
The Duke's Surprise by Meara Platt 4.5 Stars
Cheyne Lyon, Duke of Mar isnt surprised when his wastrel brother John dumps a wife and baby on his doorstep, but Jennifer is intelligent, nurturing, and sweet, just the sort Cheyne could love, if only she wasnt already taken. When unsavoury strangers come around looking for a runaway young lady, Cheyne realizes Jennifer isnt who she claims to be, and he isnt about to give her up. A lovely story of misunderstandings & secrets that I read in one
Amy Alvis
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
THE DUKE'S SURPRISE by Meara Platt - 4 stars

When his brother's bride and son show up on his doorstep, Cheyne couldn't be more surprised. But what is even more surprising is that he has falling for the woman.

What Cheyne doesn't know is that Jennifer is not his brother's bride, she is the woman's best friend. When the couple leave town, Jennifer was left taking care of their baby. With an unwanted marriage in her future, she goes to the only place that can keep the baby safe. She knows that she
Angela
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wooed in Winter - Scarlett Scott
Another great Wicked Winters story. I love the enemies (I hate you, but I want you) to lovers trope. Their back and forth in this manner is so delightful to read. But you can feel that they cannot keep their hands off each other. The tension is right there to touch. Whew, I wish this were a longer story. But what happened to Adele? Guess we have wait to find out.

The Substitute Lover - Merry Farmer
Oh Benedicthe is totally swoon-worthy. Yes, he said he was in love
Laney
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very clever compilation of novellas with children (born and not yet born!) as major plot devices. Each author has their own spin on the trope and this is a delightful read. My spoiler-free thoughts on each story follow:

The Dukes Surprise by Meara Platt: The best thing about this particular story is Cheyne - hes just a lovely hero. I can imagine most people being able to picture falling in love with him. I also think that Meara paints a beautiful picture of where this book takes place.
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
All of these fall into what I would call 'fantasy regency' they all have elements that aren't really that historically accurate and often a lot of Americanisms. That's not to say that I don't enjoy them, but I'm reading for escapism and romance rather than accuracy.

THE DUKE'S SURPRISE by Meara Platt
This is a nice story, with a slightly disney view of Scotland, but I'll let that slide as overall I enjoyed the story and the romance. The hero and heroine both work well as a couple and I enjoyed
OnceUponATime
Wooed in Winter
This series is a collection of works by some of my favorite authors. They are the type of authors who immediately lure you into their stories, hold you captive, and cause you to neglect your family 😂 But seriously, they do an amazing job of transporting you into their worlds & making you wish the stories would never end. I sighed, hoped, laughed, and teared-up at times. Ive had the pleasure of reading 3 of these stories (reviewing one here) & cant wait to read the rest!

Lana Birky
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE DUKE'S SURPRISE - Meara Platt never fails to provide her readers with absolutely the most fantastic heroes & Cheyne Lyon, Duke of Mar is another notch in her computer keyboard! Jenny Bramwell shows up, unannounced, to Cheyne's castle with a baby & a letter in tow. The letter from his wastrul brother, John, stating she is his wife & the baby is Cheyne's nephew. Something is not right about all of this - Cheyne & Jenny are attracted to each other but honor will keep them from ...more
Rosemary
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a collection of 6 Authors which I was very excited to read. Normally when you get a collection book there is an author or two which you have never read before, but not this book, I have read and enjoyed books by each of these authors. At this time I have only read 3 of the books in the collection, but I will be reading the rest as soon as possible.
The Dukes Surprise by Meara Platt a nice love story between Cheyne (Lyon) and Jennie. They meet when Jennie brings Cheynes nephew to him
Brown2
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book of entertaining stories💜💜💜

A collection of some of my favorite authors brought together in one entertaining book.

Meara Platt, brings a special story of a big, broken hearted Scott who falls for the right Jenny. I loved this story. I hope we hear more of Lyon's brothers.

The Scott's Bairn by Tabatha Waite
A lovely story where a chance encounter changes two lives forever. Beautifully written.

Earl of Sin by Tammy Andresen
This is part of an entertaining series "Lords of Scandal" which I
Lori D
Bliss. Total Bliss. Five of my truly favorite authors all together in one set. It really does not get any better!!

The Duke's Surprise by Meara Platt
She was soaked to the skin and holding the wee bairn that she claimed was his brother's. He had yet to determine if he believed her. But there was an ethereal quality about her with her enormous green eyes, the color of the Irish Sea. Cheyne took the letter from Jenny and as their fingers touched he felt a spark.. Of yes a very romantic story, even
Debbie Glenn Brown
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett Scott's book "Wooed in Winter"
The Marquess of Haven has decided to attend the Devereaux Winters family festivities and start searching for a wife. Across the ballroom h see the one lady who broke his heart, and he still loves the Hannah the Countess of Fawkesbury. Hannah is panicked when she sees Haven at the party, shes here to be a chaperone for her sisters not renew old acquaintances. She feels he betrayed her, he never loved her and did not answer her call for help when she needed
Vicki L.
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wooed in Winter, by Scarlett Scott: I received an ARC of this book by Scarlett and this is my honest review. This was a beautiful story of lost, but not forgotten, love. I loved everything about this book, the love/hate relationship, the shared past, the dialogue ...it was great! While it was a short story, you still get Scarletts beautiful narrative, great love scenes and it doesnt feel rushed. I could not put this one down.

The other stories in this novels are also a great read. These short
Diane DuBenske
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful, charming, wonderful, unique, laugh out loud are just some of the many positive words that describe this Regency Romance Set. Each story is unique and loaded with wonderful characters you will never forget. One that sticks in my mind was 'Lady Chemistry'. These stories were a true delight and so enjoyable. The stories have just the right amount of romance and steam. I will be rereading these stories again and again. These authors are super at delivering stories you will fall in love ...more
Alyssa
Fabulous series!
Loved this box set. Original stories, great characters, all different but all wonderful...some new authors I havent read before that Ive fallen in love with. Each story was great in its own right and not too long that you could get through them in one sitting. Especially loved Wooed in Winter by Scarlett Scott. This book was on 🔥. Great addition to the Wicked Winter series. Dying for Adeles story to come out. Well worth the read and a fabulous box set I will revisit time and
Lisa C
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful group of authors (all auto buys for me) with wonderful stories from each. Read together or once in a while as a quick read - they all have a common theme but are quite unalike as well. Highly recommend.
Bridget Lewis
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love and babies

Enthralling tales as diverse as the authors! Beautiful page turners as friends to lovers, strangers to lovers, suspense and drama from some of the very best in historical romance! Swoon worthy love finds away always!!! A must read!!!!
Diane
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished, historical
This is a fun collection of different stories of Lord and babies. Some babies show up on doorsteps, some have yet to be conceived. The most fun are the rough, scary scottish lords who melt like a marshmallows when babies come into the picture.
Gabrielle
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful set of stories!

Some of my favorite writers together in one volume. Annie go wrong with this compilation. And babies, babies, babies!! Plus HEAs!
Susan F
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful steamy set of historical romances. Enjoyed all of them.
Sharon
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the 1st story of Jenny and Cheyne , excellent plot/storyline , great characters and they had a wonderfully sweet HEA
the others didn't grab my interest I might get back to reading them later
Pam Bereznak
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute short stories but leave it to one of my favorite authors to write the best story with the best written sex scenes. Scarlett Scott knows how to write that's for damn sure.
Bronagh
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Each story had me captured. Absolutely loved this!!!!!
Susan
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed the stories of each and every one of these writers.
Sweet Read 💙💕💙
Vlk
Mar 22, 2020
Adele Beaumont
Mar 22, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Wild in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 6)
  • Duke of Debauchery (Sins and Scoundrels #5)
  • Wagered in Winter
  • A Counterfeit Courtesan (The Shelley Sisters Book 3)
  • Scandalous Duke (League of Dukes Book 5)
  • Marquess of Malice (Lords of Scandal #2)
  • Wanton in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 3)
  • To Heal an Earl (Soldiers & Soulmates Book 1)
  • Inventing the Viscount (The Bluestocking Scandals, #2)
  • Wedded in Winter (The Wicked Winters, #2)
  • Willful in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 4)
  • Always the Bridesmaid (Never the Bride #1)
  • Earl of Every Sin (Sins and Scoundrels Book 4)
  • Hell's Wedding Bells (Devilish Debutantes, #3.5)
  • How to Climb a Lady's Tower (Happy Ever Regency, #3)
  • Tamed by a Duke (Wilful Wallflowers #1)
  • All You Need is a Duke (The Duke Hunters Club, #1)
  • Triana's Spring Seduction (Season of the Spinster, #1)
Meara Platt is happily married to her Russell Crowe look-alike husband, and they have two terrific children. She lives in one of the many great towns on Long Island, New York, and loves it, except for the traffic. She has traveled extensively, occasionally lectures and finds time to write. Her favorite place in all the world is Englands Lake District, which may not come as a surprise since many of ...more