Start by marking “Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences” as Want to Read:
Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences

Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences

THE DUKE'S SURPRISE by Meara Platt... Cheyne Lyon, Duke of Mar isn’t surprised when his wastrel brother dumps a wife and baby on his doorstep, but Jennifer is intelligent, nurturing, and sweet, just the sort Cheyne could love, if only she wasn’t already taken. When unsavory strangers come around looking for a runaway young lady, Cheyne realizes Jennifer isn’t who she claim ...more
Published March 17th 2020 (first published March 14th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Lords, Ladies and Babies, please sign up.
Scarlett Scott It's connected to the Winter series, but it's more like book 6.5. Book 7, Adele and Dominic's story, will be releasing in September. :)…moreIt's connected to the Winter series, but it's more like book 6.5. Book 7, Adele and Dominic's story, will be releasing in September. :)(less)

Start your review of Lords, Ladies and Babies: A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences
Elodie
Lords, Ladies and Babies
A Regency Romance Set with Little Consequences
with stories by
Meara Platt, Tabetha Waite, Tammy Andresen,
Annabelle Anders, Merry Farmer, Scarlett Scott

#LordsLadiesAndBabies

Love doesn’t always go as planned and sometimes it results in adorable little consequences! Six tales of Regency love, each including a bundle of joy. Don’t miss this very special set of books written by your favorite Historical Romance authors!
Meara Platt, Tabetha Waite, Tammy Andresen, Annabelle
Serial Romance Librarian
This is a great boxed set to help get your mind of COVID-19. Secret babies are one of my favorite tropes so I was hoping this set would give me my fix and it did.

THE DUKE'S SURPRISE by Meara Platt... Wow, I’m a fan of the name Cheyne now! This is a relationship based on deception. Jennifer is dumped on Cheyne’s doorstep with a baby. But is she who she really says she is? I enjoyed this story very much. Very funny!

THE SCOT'S BAIRN by Tabetha Waite... Damaris Honeywell ruins herself to try to esca
Maggie Whitworth

Meara Platt
The Dukes Suprise

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋
Eek.
A beautiful novella with a passionate and gruff Duke, who has such a soft centre.

He’s Lyon, a Scot, a Duke, a brother ,an uncle, and a great holder of tradition, but more than that ,to Jenny he’s the man she loves on first sight.
Believing she is married to his brother is what keeps them apart, but so do the lies she told him.

His green eyed selki bewitched him from the beginning, but what he feels is wrong, immoral and he tries so hard to stay away.
Jen
Alvina
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
The Duke’s Surprise 2/5 - Plot hinged on a dumb secret
The Scott’s Bairn 2/5 - Heroine is TSTL
Earl of Sin 1/5 - Completely lost the plot with this one
The Perfect Little Marquess 4/5 - would have loved if this was a full length novel
The Substitute Lover 2/5 - Asinine storyline
Wooed in Winter 3/5 - Second chance romance after a plethora of misunderstandings that were solved with a single conversation
Estela
The Duke’s Surprise by Meara Platt
4 1/2 stars
Starring Cheyne Lyon, Duke of Mar and Jenny Bramwell. Heroine in disguise trope.

I really loved this novella. Cheyne believes Jenny and baby belong to his brother... Jenny knows that once he discovers the truth, Cheyne will ask her to leave. I know, right?! I love the tension as they fight off their attraction for one another. But when Cheyne and Jenny do finally got together, it’s very sweet and totally made me smile. Definitely gave me all the feels
Traci
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun collection of stories from six great romance authors. I loved the common theme of surprise babies. The lords were not expecting to fall in love and have a baby already on the way! The stories were well written and had wonderful characters. Even though they were short stories with the same plots they were each unique to the author and their style of writing. This is certainly the perfect book if you are looking for some quick romance stories that vary in style and heat level!
I volu
Sandra
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great boxset from six very talented story tellers!

Six stories bursting with simmering desire, suspense and the gift of instant family. Born from desperation, need and a burning palpable connection, that just plain refuses to be denied, draws you in and keeps you invested in each couple's happy every after. Some tales maybe linked to other serieses but each has the power to captivate and shine as a standalone.

Meara Platt's A Duke's Surprise:
Cheyne and Jenny's tale is immeasurably lovely, both
Janet
The Duke's Surprise by Meara Platt 4.5 Stars
Cheyne Lyon, Duke of Mar isn’t surprised when his wastrel brother John dumps a wife and baby on his doorstep, but Jennifer is intelligent, nurturing, and sweet, just the sort Cheyne could love, if only she wasn’t already taken. When unsavoury strangers come around looking for a runaway young lady, Cheyne realizes Jennifer isn’t who she claims to be, and he isn’t about to give her up. A lovely story of misunderstandings & secrets that I read in one sitt
Amy Alvis
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
THE DUKE'S SURPRISE by Meara Platt - 4 stars

When his brother's bride and son show up on his doorstep, Cheyne couldn't be more surprised. But what is even more surprising is that he has falling for the woman.

What Cheyne doesn't know is that Jennifer is not his brother's bride, she is the woman's best friend. When the couple leave town, Jennifer was left taking care of their baby. With an unwanted marriage in her future, she goes to the only place that can keep the baby safe. She knows that she sh
Angela
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wooed in Winter - Scarlett Scott
Another great Wicked Winters story. I love the enemies (I hate you, but I want you) to lovers trope. Their back and forth in this manner is so delightful to read. But you can feel that they cannot keep their hands off each other. The tension is right there to touch. Whew, I wish this were a longer story. But what happened to Adele? Guess we have wait to find out.

The Substitute Lover - Merry Farmer
Oh Benedict…he is totally swoon-worthy. Yes, he said he was in love
Laney
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very clever compilation of novellas with children (born and not yet born!) as major plot devices. Each author has their own spin on the trope and this is a delightful read. My spoiler-free thoughts on each story follow:

The Duke’s Surprise by Meara Platt: The best thing about this particular story is Cheyne - he’s just a lovely hero. I can imagine most people being able to picture falling in love with him. I also think that Meara paints a beautiful picture of where this book takes place
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
The Duke's Surprise by Meara Platt
5 stars
Meara is among my favorite HistRom authors, so I had high hopes for this one - and she didn't disappoint. Cheyne and Jenny's story was perfect. I do wish she'd clarified baby Johnny's age a little better for my own mental images. Hoping she takes the world further with the other Lyon brothers' stories!

The Scot's Bairn by Tabetha Waite
This was the first book I've read by Tabetha. I liked the plot, but toward the end it felt more rushed than neces
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
All of these fall into what I would call 'fantasy regency' they all have elements that aren't really that historically accurate and often a lot of Americanisms. That's not to say that I don't enjoy them, but I'm reading for escapism and romance rather than accuracy.

THE DUKE'S SURPRISE by Meara Platt
This is a nice story, with a slightly disney view of Scotland, but I'll let that slide as overall I enjoyed the story and the romance. The hero and heroine both work well as a couple and I enjoyed r
Hanah
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
OnceUponATime
Wooed in Winter
This series is a collection of works by some of my favorite authors. They are the type of authors who immediately lure you into their stories, hold you captive, and cause you to neglect your family 😂 But seriously, they do an amazing job of transporting you into their worlds & making you wish the stories would never end. I sighed, hoped, laughed, and teared-up at times. I’ve had the pleasure of reading 3 of these stories (reviewing one here) & can’t wait to read the rest!

Wooed in
Lana Birky
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE DUKE'S SURPRISE - Meara Platt never fails to provide her readers with absolutely the most fantastic heroes & Cheyne Lyon, Duke of Mar is another notch in her computer keyboard! Jenny Bramwell shows up, unannounced, to Cheyne's castle with a baby & a letter in tow. The letter from his wastrul brother, John, stating she is his wife & the baby is Cheyne's nephew. Something is not right about all of this - Cheyne & Jenny are attracted to each other but honor will keep them from acting on their f ...more
Rosemary
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a collection of 6 Authors which I was very excited to read. Normally when you get a collection book there is an author or two which you have never read before, but not this book, I have read and enjoyed books by each of these authors. At this time I have only read 3 of the books in the collection, but I will be reading the rest as soon as possible.
The Duke’s Surprise by Meara Platt – a nice love story between Cheyne (Lyon) and Jennie. They meet when Jennie brings Cheyne’s nephew to
BROWN2
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book of entertaining stories💜💜💜

A collection of some of my favorite authors brought together in one entertaining book.

Meara Platt, brings a special story of a big, broken hearted Scott who falls for the right Jenny. I loved this story. I hope we hear more of Lyon's brothers.

The Scott's Bairn by Tabatha Waite
A lovely story where a chance encounter changes two lives forever. Beautifully written.

Earl of Sin by Tammy Andresen
This is part of an entertaining series "Lords of Scandal" which I high
Vicki L.
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wooed in Winter, by Scarlett Scott: I received an ARC of this book by Scarlett and this is my honest review. This was a beautiful story of lost, but not forgotten, love. I loved everything about this book, the love/hate relationship, the shared past, the dialogue ...it was great! While it was a short story, you still get Scarlett’s beautiful narrative, great love scenes and it doesn’t feel rushed. I could not put this one down.

The other stories in this novels are also a great read. These short
Diane DuBenske
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful, charming, wonderful, unique, laugh out loud are just some of the many positive words that describe this Regency Romance Set. Each story is unique and loaded with wonderful characters you will never forget. One that sticks in my mind was 'Lady Chemistry'. These stories were a true delight and so enjoyable. The stories have just the right amount of romance and steam. I will be rereading these stories again and again. These authors are super at delivering stories you will fall in love w ...more
Alyssa
Fabulous series!
Loved this box set. Original stories, great characters, all different but all wonderful...some new authors I haven’t read before that I’ve fallen in love with. Each story was great in its own right and not too long that you could get through them in one sitting. Especially loved Wooed in Winter by Scarlett Scott. This book was on 🔥. Great addition to the Wicked Winter series. Dying for Adele’s story to come out. Well worth the read and a fabulous box set I will revisit time and a
Shelby Scott
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These are all very interesting books! The first set in Scotland, the Duke thinks his younger, reckless brother sent his wife and sone to him to take care of while he’s gone. The second is also set in Scotland but very different. The other are set in England and one in the Caribbean and eventually England! Worth reading for a good diversion.

Kathy
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable collection of romances

This anthology provides hours of delightful reading enjoyment. A mixed bag of stories, some poignant, others a bit predictable, but all interesting. The authors’ styles are also of varying degrees of prowess, but each brings their unique stamp to the stories.
Merle
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a good group of stories, with a common thread of an unexpected baby. The authors take different paths, from Scotland to Antigua, from all parts of England. Each story contains a noble, a lady and a baby in some way. The ladies may be desperate, or they may be willing, but there will be a baby somwhere. Even when an heir is needed and a girl arrives instead it's still a happy occasion. ...more
Lisa C
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful group of authors (all auto buys for me) with wonderful stories from each. Read together or once in a while as a quick read - they all have a common theme but are quite unalike as well. Highly recommend.
Bridget Lewis
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love and babies

Enthralling tales as diverse as the authors! Beautiful page turners as friends to lovers, strangers to lovers, suspense and drama from some of the very best in historical romance! Swoon worthy love finds away always!!! A must read!!!!
Diane
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished, historical
This is a fun collection of different stories of Lord and babies. Some babies show up on doorsteps, some have yet to be conceived. The most fun are the rough, scary scottish lords who melt like a marshmallows when babies come into the picture.
Wende
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some very good and some not

Most of the books were terrific and I enjoyed them but a few were readable. I read this book because of the authors I have enjoyed before and found new authors I will be checking their book out now.
Katherine Evans
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good selection

The drawings were quite cute. The stories were well-written with a different twist. These are some of my favorite authors and I enjoyed finding out what happened to certain characters such as the Duke of Sin.
Gabrielle
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful set of stories!

Some of my favorite writers together in one volume. Annie go wrong with this compilation. And babies, babies, babies!! Plus HEAs!

• Duke of Debauchery (Sins and Scoundrels #5)
  • Fearless Duke (League of Dukes Book 6)
  • Wishes in Winter (The Wicked Winters, #3.5)
  • Her Missing Marquess (Wicked Husbands Book 5)
  • What Happens in Piccadilly (The Hellion Club, #3)
  • Inventing the Viscount (The Bluestocking Scandals, #2)
  • Wild in Winter (The Wicked Winters #6)
  • Wagered in Winter (The Wicked Winters, #5)
  • Winter's Whispers (The Wicked Winters, #10)
  • Lady Wallflower (Notorious Ladies of London, #2)
  • Lady Ruthless (Notorious Ladies of London, #1)
  • Winter's Wallflower (The Wicked Winters, #8)
  • Always the Chaperone (Never the Bride, #2)
  • To Trust a Duke (Soldiers and Soulmates #3)
  • Winter's Warrior (The Wicked Winters Book 13)
  • To Be Wicked With You (League of Unweddable Gentlemen #4)
  • Winter's Woman (The Wicked Winters, #9)
  • Her Virtuous Viscount (Wicked Husbands, #6)
Meara Platt is happily married to her Russell Crowe look-alike husband, and they have two terrific children. She lives in one of the many great towns on Long Island, New York, and loves it, except for the traffic. She has traveled extensively, occasionally lectures and finds time to write. Her favorite place in all the world is England’s Lake District, which may not come as a surprise since many o ...more

News & Interviews