Start by marking “The Viking's Cursed Bride (Brothers of Thunder, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Viking's Cursed Bride (Brothers of Thunder, #1)

The Viking's Cursed Bride

(Brothers of Thunder #1)

Half Briton, half Pict, Aoife has been an outsider all her life. Rejected by her family, despite saving them from the Norse raid on Alt Clut, she is forced to marry one of the invaders to ensure her family’s safety and rid them of a cursed daughter, while putting her own life at risk.

Jarl Tormod intends to settle on the Clyde and to marry a Briton. One as high-born as Aoif
ebook
Published October 23rd 2019 by Tirgearr Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Viking's Cursed Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viking's Cursed Bride

Start your review of The Viking's Cursed Bride (Brothers of Thunder, #1)
Marguerite Kaye
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first Viking romance, and I was immediately drawn in to the world that Mairibeth MacMillan created. She paints an enthralling picture of Strathclyde in the 9th Century, making me look at the view from my window onto that same river in a very different way. Some things haven’t changed – it still rains a lot, we still don’t have decent summers, crops are hard to grow – and those parallels made me smile. But the battles fought for the lands and control of the various sea lochs, those wer ...more
Cathy Geha
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Viking’s Cursed Bride by Maribeth MacMillan
The Brothers of Thunder #1

A bit of Cinderella with the ugly stepsisters and horrible stepmother but so much more that that fairytale with a marriage of convenience, a bit of clairvoyance, a few unhealthy doses of treachery, battles to be fought, secrets guarded then shared, a bit of romance and a series that I can’t wait to read the next book of.

Aiofe is a woman that was mistreated, maligned and miserable only hoping for a place to belong. Being gi
Jennifer Young
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Viking’s Cursed Bride is the first in a series set in the ancient kingdom of Strathclyde — now west-central Scotland — and I can’t wait to read the next.

High-born Aoife has fallen foul of her jealous and controlling stepmother, who dominates her father. When the opportunity arises she’s married off to Tormod, a Viking leader, as part of a peace treaty. Aoife knows her position is perilous and that her father has no concern for her welfare, and matters are made worse by what she’s always bee
Kathy
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cursed but loved

I love a story about two people who have troubles in their lives but try hard to rise above it and become better people. Tormod made some mistakes as Jarl. Aoife is considered cursed by her people. Tormod tries to do what is right but is tormented by his past. Aoife can't trust because of her curse. There are friends and enemies. Friends sometimes have a hard time trusting. Some of the enemies are family. But Tormod and Aoife learn to trust one another. Good read.
Hannah Hansen
Apr 14, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not good

I decided to go with a one star rating because it just felt like someone wrote it as an essay. It was just bad. I'm hurting that I paid money for this book. Hopefully other books by the author will be better, but I won't purchase any of them.
Nadia
Constance J.Hootman
Feb 26, 2020
Heaven
Nov 05, 2020

• The Warlord's Wife (Sons of the North, #1)
  • Own It: (Burning Bastards MC Book 4)
  • The Corpse Played Dead
  • The Daily Telegraph Dictionary of Tommies' Songs and Slang, 1914 - 1918
  • Queen of My Hart (Headstrong Harts, #2)
  • Lord Darkness (Beastly Lords, #4)
  • The Spinster and the Rake (Never a Wallflower, #1)
  • The First Proposal (The Dunne Family, #2)
  • On the Plain of Snakes: A Mexican Journey
  • Duke of Renown (Dukes of Distinction #1)
  • Kitty Peck and the Parliament of Shadows
  • Entranced by the Earl (The Perks of Being an Heiress, #2)
  • The Duke of St. Giles (Rookery Rakes, #1)
  • Relish: The Extraordinary Life of Alexis Soyer, Victorian Celebrity Chef
  • Duke of Disrepute (Dukes of Distinction, #3)
  • Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3)
  • The Zombie Room
  • The Wrong Prince (Heirs of Cornwall, #1)

Brothers of Thunder (2 books)
  • The Viking's Warrior Bride (Brothers of Thunder, #2)

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...