Start by marking “Crystal Caged (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Caged (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #5)

Crystal Caged

(Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles #5)

The highly anticipated and breathtaking finale of Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles by USA Today bestselling author Elise Kova.

One way or another... she will be the end of the world.

With powers that weren't supposed to be touched by mortal hands, Vi Solaris is determined to free herself and the world from the deadly vortex it's trapped in. This mission has taken her to

Published March 11th 2020 by Silver Wing Press

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Caged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crystal Caged

Start your review of Crystal Caged (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #5)
Elise Kova
Mar 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The epic finale of Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles is here

It's been seven long years of work and planning that's led up to this moment... CRYSTAL CAGED is out in the world and the greater story arc that started all the way back in Air Awakens will be wrapped up with the end of Vi's journey.

This is so near an dear to my heart and I want to thank everyone who's read, reading, or will read this labor of love.

REMINDER: You don't need to read the original Air Awakens series to read Vortex Chronicles!
Victoria Booklover
Were going to call this my initial thoughts instead of a full-fledged review because Im a little bit in denial of how I felt.

And the truth is...I didnt love it...oh how that hurts 😭.

I think up until book 3 I was entirely INVESTED, and I just didnt enjoy the path the series followed after that.

Spoilers from this point on.

When the entire time-reset situation occurred and Vi found out she was actually Vi #93 I was intrigued but wary, because I dont really enjoy time-loops book that much. The last
L.R.W. Lee
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

Warning, spoilers included...

This was the perfect ending of a great series that only Kova could have imagined. I don't read much time travel fiction so I'd never seen the whole concept of a continuous loop of reincarnations of the same character but once I understood that Vi was the same person like a video game on repeat, I was more invested and enjoyed the story.

That said, like many, I never fell in love with Vi and Taavin and that didn't change in this final book although I did
Alexandra
Shelves: 2020
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found on *Milky Way of Books*

An explosive ending people! After reading the Air Awakens series and now having finished this one nothing will ever be the same! Vi and Taavin have time to save the world from both nefarious villains and a vengeful god...or do they?

As they travel through time slowly trying to find the relics and also outpace their enemies, Vi will discover more new people and also meet old loved
Emmie
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, arcs, kindle
Every stand from these three collective series woven together masterfully to create the perfect finale to the Solaris' adventures.

First, I want to say look at this cover. It is amazing. Honestly, the whole reason I picked up Air Awakens was that I fell in love with the cover. Every book in this series has had a beautiful cover, but this one just perfect.

On to the review. If you have not read any of the Vortex Chronicle books read at your own risk, there will probably be spoilers for the previous
cassberrie
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I'm stunned. What a book.

The number of times I had to stop and silently scream because oh my god.

I might have cried at the end of Chapter 33. I also might have cried at the end of Chapter 35. I definitely did not cry at the end of Chapter 40 or anything.

Y'all, this was the first time I've used post-its for a book to mark down all the places that made me shriek in delight/horror. There are at least 50 little post-it tabs in this sucker.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go dry my tears and
Silvia
I was sent this book as an advanced copy for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

This book was mostly fine, but I think it suffered a lot because of how it was structured. Potential spoilers below I guess?

The frequent time skips were its weakest point, starting from the fact that it starts a number of years after the end of the previous book. There were also months and years skipped here and there throughout the book and while I understand it was necessary it also made for a read
Cecily Wolfe
I don't know how Kova does it, but she pulled everything together in a spectacular end to this series, which has made me so happy as I'm a big fan of Air Awakens. From world building to character development, this story had kept me not just entertained, but engaged with the details and wondering what could possibly happen next. I am sorry this has come to an end, but can count on the author to have more fantastic fantasy to give us in the future.
Brittany Rios
Masterpiece

This last book was beautiful. We get the final battle between yargen and raspian. Vis vow for this to be the last time the vortex turns! We learn of stones in the river that cannot be changed in any life. Baldair, as much as I love to see him and miss him, he is a stone in the river. This book pieces together all the mysteries of previous books of the traveler that helped all our favorite characters. And it all makes sense now. It was beautiful and Perfect and i just cant express
Katelyn Anderson
Elise Kova has a real talent for breaking hearts and making readers cry. I bawled. A lot. Reading this masterpiece.

Air Awakens holds a very special place in my heart. It was the series that got me back into reading. So when Elise announced a sequel.... I died.

This final book in the series was everything. It was such an incredible experience to see what happened behind the scenes of Air Awakens. Everything ties in perfectly.

Elise is such a talented author and I can't wait to see what she brings
TheBookLion
Dec 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
description

JUST IN TIME FOR MY BIRTHDAY ON THE 15TH!
Kim
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angie
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful ending for a wonderful series
[Warning, spoilers ahead]
this universe made myself invested since the beginning, i loved the fact that we explored new magic and a whole new continent, them traveling around it was one of the biggest plus for me, (but i can't deny i would have loved to have the physical copy so i could just go and check the maps once in a while because i messed up the names)
Vi and Taavyn romance had me crying a lot of times through out these book series, I don't know if i
Amy Braun
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another epic series concluded by Elise Kova! This one was definitely ambitious and not what I was expecting. That said, fans of the original series and its prequels will enjoy this traipse through time, seeing old faces and new, and watching Vi literally bend time itself to defeat evil.

The story moved at a quick pace and had tons of action from famous scenes in the previous novels. It led to some tense moments, as well as some dark character arcs for Vi. To be honest I didn't expect her to act
Kelsea
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS OVER!!! Honestly this journey has been so long in the making and I loved every moment of it. When I started Vi's journey I had no idea the intricacies and giant web Elise was weaving. But she surpassed all expectations with this incredible conclusion. Reading this book was like stepping back in time to everything that had occurred in previous books and beyond. I loved connecting back to the original series and the revelations that came to light. If you haven't read the ...more
Eileen (BookCatPin)
It's hard to believe we're at the end of the Vortex Chronicles. It feels like just yesterday I was cracking open the first page of Vortex Visions. Now with great satisfaction I close up the final page of Crystal Caged.

I had all my fingers and toes crossed for Vi and her mission in Crystal Caged. Her path was full of obstacles and curve balls but she hurdled and destroyed each one with determination and precision. I rooted hard for her to succeed and most definitely survive.

One character I grew
Yazmin
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, e-book, 2020-read
I'd like to give you a choice...

And I knew that in that moment my hearth would shatter, I loved this series, the adventure of Vi through her lives, throug time, to finally meet her end.

I loved every single word in this book, Elise could'nt have written a better end for this beloved characters, and I'm already eager to continue the journey in Solaris in the next book of this beatuful world.

FRTC
Bookish Serendipity Shannon williamson
So many emotions

This series, the while Air Awakens world, has been a big part of my life. Ive followed these books from the beginning and I have grown to love these characters like family. Elise has built a crazy beautiful, stunningly intricate world that I will never get enough of. This book is beyond words. It was so intense and emotional. Elise, only one other author has made me cry during a book, you are now the second. There was a point in time while reading this I was bawling my eyes out,
Amber  Christiansen
Epic conclusion

This book concludes Vi's thrilling journey in her efforts to stop the vortex and save the world. Once I started reading, I couldn't put the book down. The revelations are mind blowing. I can't think of much else I can say without spoiling anything, but this book, the entire series really, was completely mind blowing!
Jan farnworth
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing conclusion to a story that has been interwoven between not just the original air awakens series, but the golden guard as well as the vortex visions. Vortex visions is not one you have to read right after the others you can start with it and then go back and read the others. I for one felt a lot more heart ache in this series cause i had the info from the first series so i was a lot more invested in the older characters and the fates that had been laid out for them.

If you felt
Verónica Pombo
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited for the conclusion to the second series in one of my favorite universes, that I jumped at the chance for an ARC. Know that while I was given a copy ahead of time, all the opinions are entirely my own.

I was surprised by how much Id forgotten with the intervals between books, which was why the quick summary of each book at the beginning was incredibly helpful. Moving past that, the very first thing that hit me hard was returning to Solarin. The capital had been absent for the
Becca
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved this series from Air Awakens and this ended was so amazing! Elise Kova is an amzing author and I can not wait for her next book. The way everything intertwines form both series is just beautiful.
Karynn Campbell
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the wait!

This final installment of the Vortex Chronicles was as well thought out and eloquently spun as the rest of the series. I thoroughly enjoyed it all the way to the end!
Michelle Fritz PA
What a sobbing mess this made me!! I cried massively several times throughout this!! Some of the scene were just so poignant and emotional! I love, love, love this universe. It doesn't have the same vibes as Air Awakens and doesn't quite feel like the same world building. It's wholly unique! Seeing old characters and events taking shape with Vi having such a direct hand was a phenomenal aspect!! The inner struggle of Vi trying to keep in mind that these are not the loved ones that she knows is ...more
Nicola
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was not a book that was so captivating that I couldn't put it down, but it was poetic and insightful and a really lovely conclusion to both this series and Air Awakens
Sophie
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now, it's over! 😭Someone hug me!
Cassandra Reed
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth the wait

Wow. I consumed this booked greedily.
A worthy end to a wonderful series that had sucked me in from the beginning.
Thea Sanford
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved how this series wrapped up. There could have been a tiny bit more closure for the main characters, but then there wouldn't be room for more appearances by them in the next set of books in this universe. The one thing I wasn't crazy about in this book was the quick passage of time. In the space of a page years have passed, and it wasn't always obvious until I re-read the page. It makes sense with how the nature of the main character changed at the end of the last book.
Michelle Goode
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing, I read the whole book in one day because i had been waiting for it to come out. This was a perfect end to the story. I thought this series was a perfect way to write an adventure that expanded enough upon the past novel but also seemed to give us a whole new world.

While I do have to admit I liked the Air Awakens series a little bit more, This series was also amazing. I loved the way everything in this book was wrapped up and some questions from The Air Awakens series were
Vivian
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And now I see Vi as Vivian. On cloud 9,000!!!

First Review in Vortex Visions: I'm half Meru (ethnic community in Kenya) and my name in short is Vi too. What are the odds. Got palpitations when Meru was mentioned.

Ps. Great series. I can wait for more, but I do not want to!

• King Maker (Kingdom of Runes, #3)
  • Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)
  • Wicked Court (Noblesse Oblige Duet #1)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance, #1)
  • Tears of Dust (The Venatrix Chronicles, #5)
  • Visions of Fate (The Venatrix Chronicles #2)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Strength (Curse of the Gods, #4)
  • Seduction (Curse of the Gods #3)
  • Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2)
  • The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • Starbreak (Rise to Omniscience, #2)
Elise Kova is the USA Today bestselling author of stories filled with magic.

In her past lives, she has graduated from an MBA program, lived in Japan for a bit, and worked for a Fortune 500 technology company. However, she finds herself much happier in her current reincarnation as full-time author. When not writing, she can usually be found playing video games, drawing, watching anime, or talking

Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles (5 books)
  • Vortex Visions (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #1)
  • Chosen Champion (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #2)
  • Failed Future (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #3)
  • Sovereign Sacrifice (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #4)