Start by marking “The Violent Fae” as Want to Read:
The Violent Fae

The Violent Fae

They hid among us, until she exposed them.

They'll destroy everything to be hidden again.

Pax is discovering that the smallest mistakes can have the deadliest impact. To protect her city, she's uncovered monstrous truths and involved terrible people. The consequences are coming for her.

The Sunken City is unstable. The Fae are armed for war.

Can Pax stop the coming disaster?

In
Published November 5th 2019 by Rumian Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Violent Fae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Violent Fae

Start your review of The Violent Fae
Steph Warren
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

The Violent Fae is the explosive (literally) climax to the Ordshaw Sunken City trilogy – an urban fantasy action thriller series with some underlying horror.

I definitely recommend reading Under Ordshaw and Blue Angel first, in that order, as Phil Williams has created an entirely new world with its own monsters and rules, and the character development that occurs as the series unfold
Phil Parker
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know from experience that writing a trilogy is not only a massive undertaking, worse than that, it is equivalent to weaving a tapestry. A story made up of different threads that need to come together in just the right way so as to make sense to the reader. Plus, ensure it provides the right amount of satisfaction to reward the reader for sticking with the narrative.
It is not easy. But Phil Williams manages it. And does so with panache. He even makes it look easy. A crime, for which, I will nev
Maddalena
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review: my thanks for this opportunity.

The long-developing, all-out conflict brewing in Ordshaw is about to flare up, and nobody is inclined to take prisoners. This could very well sum up the situation in the third and final installment of Phil Williams’ Ordshaw trilogy. And to think that it all started, quite prosaically, with the theft of some money…

Pax Kuranes used to be a gifted poker player, moving from seedy venue to seedy venu
Hayley
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly satisfying end to a very entertaining trilogy. It brings together all the big loose ends and leaves some room for possible follow-ups. But if this were the last of it, I could personally feel satisfied. A definite recommendation for some alternative urban fantasy.
S.J. Higbee
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, if you haven’t yet had the pleasure of reading at least one of the previous books, then my firm advice is to put this one back on the shelf and go and track down Under Ordshaw. This one hits the ground running and we are in the middle of a complicated situation within an urban fantasy landscape that is both layered and nuanced. You certainly won’t get an appreciation of the stakes involved if you try crashing midway into this series.

That said, it’s hard to overstate the hurdles facing b
Alana Bloom
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an intense end to a great trilogy! If you haven't read the previous two books, then I highly suggest you pop on over to wherever you buy books.

The Violent Fae is one of those books where I was yelling "Seriously, Phil?!" then desperately reading on to see what else he would inflict on my favorite unbalanced characters. There is so much going on during this book and yet Williams managed to juggle multiple POVs expertly and manipulating that tension as competing interests collide. I was
Billie
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They hid among us, until she exposed them.
They'll destroy everything to be hidden again.
The Sunken City is unstable. The Fae are armed for war.
Can Pax stop the coming disaster?
In this closing chapter of the Sunken City trilogy, Williams weaves the complex strands of Pax's misadventure into a truly thri
Ami
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Violent Fae, believe it or not, actually surpasses the previous books in The Ordshaw series. And that, dear readers, is saying a lot. It is well-written, tension-filled and brimming with action and suspense. I loved every second of the roller-coaster ride it is. I highly recommend it and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this ebook from the author and this is my honest and freely given opinion.
Janice Drake
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Third book in the series of Ordshaw and quite a show stopper. Pax is on a non-stop action-packed ride along with crazy fairies, monsters, and devious humans. Williams has created a wonderful world in Ordshaw and I wonder how many other strange cities he will visit. Each one of the books has gotten better. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend the series.
Phle
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the Ordshaw world. This installment is fast paced and packed with action, suspense and intrigue from start to finish and continues to develop the characters we know and love really well. I want a booze swilling, pistol wielding, Fae bestie as well! Producers heads up, this would adapt well to the big screens!
Bill
Feb 29, 2020
Alex Williams
Apr 30, 2020
Phil Williams
Sep 23, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jon Auerbach
is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2020

• Sand (Sand, #1-5)
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1)
  • Tyche's Ghosts (Tyche's Progeny #2)
  • Termination Shock (Interstellar Enforcement Agency, #1)
  • The Deep
  • Darkness Beckons (Kat Drummond, #5)
  • Dawn of the Deadly Fang (Lycanthrope Trilogy, #2)
  • Hunt for Justice (Bram Carver #2)
  • P is for Pluto
  • Navigating the Stars (Sentinels of the Galaxy #1)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Lady Gold Investigates Volume 3
  • Aurora
  • The Gilda Stories
  • Shanghai Sparrow (Gears of Empire, #1)
  • Lost Huntress (Kat Drummond, #6)
  • Body Tourists
Phil Williams writes contemporary fantasy and dystopian fiction and non-fiction grammar guides. His novels include the interconnected Ordshaw urban fantasy thrillers, the post-apocalyptic Estalia saga and the action-packed Faergrowe series. He also runs the website English Lessons Brighton, and writes reference books to help foreign learners master the nuances of English.

Phil lives with his wife