Start by marking “Deceived (The Animus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deceived (The Animus, #1)

Deceived

(The Animus #1)

Living on a luxury yacht on the Southern California coast, after years of surviving on the streets, is a dream come true for Kaia. Being in the revenge business pays well, and Kaia has no problem exposing the greed, infidelity, and murderous intent of society’s worst humans through her own private channels, especially if it keeps her surrounded by surf, sun, and gorgeous m ...more
Published September 10th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Deceived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceived

Start your review of Deceived (The Animus, #1)
Paula
Sep 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reverseharem, dnf
DNF @20%

I can't anymore. I tried, really, I promise. But I can't with the writing. I can't get into it. I don't understand why there aren't more reviews like this. There's something weird with the book.
PS
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deceived by Jules Hunter is Book 1 in The Animus Series and what a great start it is. Jules Hunter delivers an action packed book that leaves you wondering what is going to happen next. Kaia is a very strong, likeable MC whose life changes very quickly, throw in a special op team for protection, a team full of very hot professional men and well it’s a winning combination. You will have trouble recognising that this is the debut book for the author. Relationships are smoking hot, emotions are hon ...more
Joy Whiteside
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this was an amazing read. I finished it in one evening as I could not put it down.

It moves along at the perfect reading pace, not to fast nor to slow just at the perfect comfortable pace. From the moment that you start reading you will be hooked and not able to put it down.

The characters are amazing. You feel as though you know each of them personally and you want to know them better and no matter what you want to see them succeed.

I would definitly recommend this book. You will not be sorry
Crystal North
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Should this book be on your tbr list? Absolutely not. You NEED to buy this book and dive straight in! Don’t leave it festering on a shelf somewhere to be forgotten about. If like me, you’re going to die with a ‘to be read’ pile that’s longer than your coffin, you need to prioritise reading this book, because it is THAT good. I was hooked from the start.

The story is intriguing and perfectly paced. I loved the multiple POV chapters as they gave excellent insight into the guys’ thoughts and feelin
Daisy Sauceda
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**** I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy ****

Deceived by Jules Hunter- well Jules Hunter, I am so glad that I stumbled across your book. I am not one to read about military romance but this one surprised me. I swear I was drowning in your words as I read this book. It is freaking amazing.

So if you like thrilling, excitement, steamy scenes, and witty comebacks than this is a must read for you. Kaia is the FMC of the book and lets just say you will go on a crazy ride as you re
Amelia K Oliver
Within the first few pages I was hooked on this story!

The book hangover is real. I couldn't put it down! Its been a long time since a book gripped me so tightly, to the point where I even hid from my kid so that I could read. I just had to know what happened next, and that ending... I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night!
The authors writing style, world building and characters leave me begging for more. The sexy scene's - Holy mother have mercy. On. Fire.
Its safe to say that I am now a hu
Courtney
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I Received ARC from Author for Honest Review
I Give this Book a 3.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 3.

I want to give this book a 4, but I didn’t have a bit of trouble sticking with the book and had a touch time getting into it.

HEA(?): Not Yet :)
Cliffhanger(?): Yes
Heat: 4ish/5, can’t rate it a full 5/5, I don’t know why, to me some of the scenes just felt overly wordy for some reason.
Romance: 3/5
Suspense: 4/5
Drama: 5/5

I’m looking forward to reading Book 2, I Would definitely like to see what’ll happen n
Jessica Mastrangelo
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good, fast burn that doesn’t disappoint later on in the book. While I love having an author who can write from multiple character perspectives, I think there were too many in this book. That is my only criticism because I didn’t get to fully connect with any one or two of the characters. The plot and story are intriguing and I can’t wait to find out what happens in book 2.
Noemi
I just finished reading Deceived, and I still can't decide if I like it or not.

Pro:
- It's a reverse harem story with a bratty heroine and 5 swoon worthy alpha males with kinks who all want her.
- Kaia is badass. She created a business by herself based on taking revenge on cheaters and scammers. She knows what she wants and she's not afraid to get it.
- Kaia's family dynamics with Vicente, Fi and Lorena are amazing. They love and support each other.

Cons:
- Everything happened so quickly, and I don
Charlotte
*Spoiler Alert*
Kaia's (the MFC in this book) hasnt had a great start in her life. Being that her father was murdered and she ended up living on streets for four years. The only upside is her finding a family with her uncle Vicente, her friend Sofie and Rafe, Oh and she has a online business that is based on revenge or retribution depending on how you look at it. Aminus is a game where folks bet on the outcome of scenarios that shady people have been nominated to be in by their victims. Although
E
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book took a second to get into, but it was steamy once I did.

The book ends on a hell of a Cliffhanger. Hence 4 stars.

However, the character development is smooth. The FMC is a bit bratty, but she isn't stupid. She might pull stupid stunts in the beginning when she doesn't understand the full extent of what is going on, but once she knows details she isn't so bad.

I enjoyed this book a whole hell of a lot more than I expected and I can't wait to for the sex scenes with Wolf in them. They are
Danyelle Williams
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Off to a good start

Rating 3.5 stars

The MC kaia is trying to get her life on back together after breaking up with he fiance. She takes comfort in her uncle and best friend. But a old problem keeps resurfacing, and it forces her uncle to hire a tram to watch her. She has to figure out if she can trust this team and if they can keep or safe. Or does she need to rely only on herself like she's use too.

Loved the guys in this book, I was even rooting for the guy I didn't meet. I like that the FMC coul
Jodi
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More twists than a roller coaster!!! 😱

Completely intriguing story! I love the idea of Animus and hope there is more of it in future books. I do have maybe some bad news. I don’t like DM. At. All. Lol. It’s going to take some superior writing in future books to make me change my mind about him. I figured out who the bad guy was very early in the story so I’m not sure if that means there’s going to be a twist to upend the reader? Who knows? I love the characters (well most lol), even the bad guys.
Cassandra Trussell
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found it a little hard to get into the book, but that’s because I have a busy lifestyle and most my reading is from audible now, but I loved the book!
Highly recommend to those who love RH. I especially love the “real world” element to the book, because most of the RH that I’ve read have been supernatural or fantasy genre. The MC (Kaia) is by far my favorite character, but the mother figure (Lorena) comes a close second because she reminds me of my mom.
Holy crow did it bring the steam! It hit
Eileen Troemel
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this as an arc. The writing is good, the story line is interesting but perhaps a bit too convoluted, the sex is good. The book does not have a HEA and ends in a cliffhanger. Kaia is a strong woman surrounded by hot guys who all want to be with her. The concept of the book is really good. My biggest problem with it is in the middle of the climax it ends. There's no conclusion to the story arc. I'm not a fan of first person present and this writing team does a good job with that. It's d ...more
Leanne Stuart
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely spectacular!! It’s book 1 in The Animus series and quite frankly I’m dying for book 2!! Kaia was a fabulous FMC she was tough, strong but also intelligent, who had a hard start to her childhood and teenage years. The men in this book all have there own unique personalities all shown through the book which is also helped with the multiple POV. I’m looking forward to see where the relationships lead and what happens in book 2. This book had action, suspense, deceit and hot ...more
Kelly Bugler
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this. Some parts seem a little jumpy like i was missing some backstory or a little over the top but on the whole i really enjoyed reading this.
Kaia has made the best of her life, her parents are dead and her past life sucked but she has made the best of what she has and has a budding career in getting her own back on bullies and getting revenge. this book is exciting and i was never sure where it was going to end up and the ending took me by surprise. I did really enjoy
Carol Rupprecht
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was such a page turner. I really enjoyed the balance between the storyline/ action and the actual steamy bits of the story. Kaia is such a strong main character and I adore her witty banter even if she does act childish at times. Her relationships with each guy (the ones she has connected with so far) are unique in their own way and each guy gives her a little bit of something that she needs. I can't wait to read the next book to see what happens (such a cliffhan ...more
Melody Calder
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from the start. It has mystery, suspense, action, steamy scenes, and fascinating characters. It's a story line that I have not read in an RH book before. I love the different POVs and felt like the characters were different enough that it wasn't too confusing and I didn't have to check back as to who it was very often (My own personal issue, not the authors).

Fantastic debut from Jules Hunter! I look forward to reading more from this author.
Janet Villareal
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaia had a rough start at life but it’s made her tough & smart. She’s definitely the type of woman who can stand on her own. The guys all bring their own dynamic and personality to the story. The story is told in multiple POVs. And that cliffhanger has me needed book 2 like yesterday!

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. Jules Hunter did an excellent. It has action, suspense, & really hot sex scenes.
Lacey
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I love Kaia she is likable and strong willed. I mean come on she started up a revenge company in high school. Wish I thought of that there were some ppl that would’ve deserved it for sure.
The story was great as it was to fast or to slow. It keeps you hooked from the beginning. Her special ops team is Hot and your feel like you get to know the characters throughout the book. I need more please send more!!!
Christina
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed rh mystery

Kaia is a strong mc that isn't afraid to kick some butt. Her life is in danger and she has a team assigned to her for protection. Everyone is trying to figure out where the treat is coming from so Kaia can get her life back. Things heat up between Kaia and her protection team. This was a fast burn romance with an interesting plot. I was easily sucked in and couldn't get enough. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Audrey
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast burn, good story

Kiara's life has had many twists and turns, and now someone is ramping up their search of a flash drive belonging to her long dead father. Enter an ex, a long lost love, and several other new love interests, all focused on keeping her safe.

This book kept me interested from the start. It was super fast burn, but has a story line that keeps it from being pure erotica. I am excited for the next book and see where this story goes.
Katie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It was fast paced, gripping and had the perfect rollercoaster of emotions. The hot scenes were... wow. And the storyline was strong even without them. I loved the strong MFC and her relationships with all the guys. The cliffhanger at the end has me begging for book two!
Hannah
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc for an honest review
Wow! Just wow this was amazing it’s one of those books you can’t put down and you become so invested in the characters and what happens the MC doesn’t need a man but she gets 5 because that’s how she rolls an amazing book from first time author cannot wait to find out what happens next...
Charlotte
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great debut!

I couldn't believe that this was Jules Hunter's first book!
I loved the fmc Kaia. She's feisty and not afraid to stand for herself and despite the rough life she's had she doesn't spend time whining about it. The men were hot and the smexy times were hotter... I'm looking forward to the next instalment!
Kimberley Youngblood
Fresh

Brats rule here ! But the cliff hanger stinks. I loved the characters and want more! The problem is the book ends in the middle of a huge fight scene with the bad guys in the loose, the heroin in danger and my fractals hunk in trouble! What kind of cheap is that when I can't find the part two? Feed me seamore!!!
Aimee
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a series! From the moment you start you can’t put it down until you’ve read every delicious and intriguing detail. Chock full of under, mystery, revenge, strong male and female characters and sexy times.
Cheryl Sedman
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book is fast paced and full of action that will keep you gripped until the ending which is epically written to blow your mind. Lots of HOT action with several hot men and more as potential to keep your eyes on the page. I can't wait to read more
Katie Jane
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant book

Unlike anything I’ve read before. Loved the plot, loved the characters, loved it all. One of them books you can’t put down and now I will mourn the wait for book 2.

• The Queen of Carnage (Underestimated #1)
  • Blaze: A Dystopian, Reverse Harem, Paranormal Romance Novel
  • Never Ever (The Everly Davis Chronicles Book 1)
  • Delinquent (Academy of Misfits, #1)
  • Four Ever
  • Vengeance (Vengeance, #1)
  • The Vow: A Student-Teacher Romance
  • Deafening Silence (Manhunter #1)
  • Compel Me (The Last Vocari, #1)
  • The Princess of Chaos (Underestimated #2)
  • When Rivals Fall (Bayshore Rivals #1)
  • Broken Pieces (Leaving You, Finding Them #1)
  • The Rejection of Amarli Wolfe (The Centrum Trilogy, #1)
  • Peyton's Path: Fighting Fate (Peyton's Path #2)
  • Uppercut Princess (The Heights Crew, #1)
  • The Wolf At My Door (Pack Heat, #1)
  • Infernally Mine (The Infernal Blade, #1)
  • Their Saint (Hell's Rebels' MC #2)