Start by marking “The Evolved Ones (Awakening #1)” as Want to Read:
The Evolved Ones (Awakening #1)

The Evolved Ones (Awakening #1)

In a world where humans are evolving, people are more curious than afraid. They look for answers from a handful of scientists who try to uncover why some develop abilities yet the vast majority to do. For most humans, it’s an exciting time, but for EOs— the evolved ones—it’s a game of hide and seek that ends with far too many of their kind disappearing, permanently.

Rox awo
Published August 22nd 2019 by Marshall Cavendish International

To ask other readers questions about The Evolved Ones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Evolved Ones

Start your review of The Evolved Ones (Awakening #1)
Karen Hugg
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awakening is a wonderfully wild, action-packed story for those who like X-Men and/or military-type thrillers. Rox is a woman who can heal quickly (similar to Wolverine) but has no memory of her life before being rescued from a research facility. At the opening of the book, she’s on the run to Halo, another facility that may have answers about her past. But to get answers she must agree to go on a mission. That mission leads to another mission and even another until Rox discovers way more than sh ...more
Diane
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of fantasy fiction, really enjoyed this first book. It was action packed with a little romance thrown in, and real life complications and choices. Looking forward to seeing what happens next. ...more
AD
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first installment in The Evolved Ones trilogy, Awakening was an engaging read. The book’s female protaganist, Rox, takes us on a fast paced trail of discovery. Intriguing characters and twists, Awakening was real page turner. Looking forward to book 2 in this urban fantasy series!
Justina K.
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bought this book at a bookstore in Singapore. I find it has a great storyline and the EO’s abilities are fascinating and complex that kept me interested. Engaging with actions from one event to the next. The ending left you wanting to follow Rox to the next book.
George Miller
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This exciting thrill ride of a novel kept me riveted to the end. The lead character is a charismatic and strong female character who defends herself in the beautifully and detailed world created by the author. A very compelling narrative focused on the lead character seeking the truth about her past. Kudos to author Oliver in this first of a series. I’m looking forward to reading the next adventure.
Marquita Wen
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the author’s debut novel but it reads like she’s a seasoned author. I experience all of the motions with Rox - fear, anger, pain, and confusion. I can’t wait for the next book! I highly recommend awakening!!
Fatima Jackson
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read! A true page tuner! The author left nothing on the table! I’d rate 5 star for sure!!
Bronwyn
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
This one's for readers who like action novels or thrillers. Really like that there's some depth here - flawed characters and deeper themes - but you can skim over them and just enjoy the story if that's more what you're into.

The EO abilities made for an interesting cast. Overall, great reading. Will look out for book #2.
Zuzanna
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Awakening. Action packed fantasy, humans with super powers, romance from the past and present. It’s like Hunger Games met X-men but with heroes being age 30 and over, which made this book even a better read. I can’t wait for a second book, this one stopped me from doing lots of working mamma chores and got me totally lost in its story.
Natasha Ellis
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I laughed, I ugly cried, I fell inlove with Rox and her story. I found myself wanting to turn the pages so quickly to see what happened, but had to force myself to slow down as I never wanted the book to end. One of the best I’ve read in years.
Can’t wait for the second instalment!
Nabila Zahur
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, action thriler meets urban fantasy. This book was a great read from start to finish, loved all the characters and how they interacted with each other, and can't wait to see more of them in book #2 ...more
S.C. Jensen
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-sf-f
An absolutely fantastic debut novel, fast-paced action, great characters. I couldn’t put it down! Can’t wait to read the next one!
Marisa Low
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a page-turned right from the start. The characters had depth, and they drew me in, each one compelling in their own ways. Really looking forward to book 2!
LibraryLass
Jerome Rondeau
Nov 23, 2020
Natasha Oliver
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Martyna Najmrocka
Mar 25, 2020
Larissa
Aug 09, 2020
Suzanne Toruk
Oct 25, 2020
Newt Scamander
rated it did not like it
May 09, 2021
Jan 31, 2020
Ask the Reader 1 1 Apr 16, 2020 09:09AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book cover 5 24 Aug 14, 2019 07:29AM

• The Fadian Experiment
  • Battered: A Whipped and Sipped Mystery (Whipped and Sipped Mysteries Book 1)
  • Bastard of the Apocalypse: The Earth Died Screaming
  • How to Survive a Throat Punch: A Memoir of Love, Learning, and the Fight for What Matters Most
  • Something Wicked (Something Wicked, #1)
  • The Secret Library (Magian, #2)
  • The High Window (Philip Marlowe #3)
  • Thick as Thieves
  • Hideaway
  • Shadows in Death (In Death, #51)
  • Launch to Market: Easy Marketing For Authors (Write Faster, Write Smarter, #4)
  • Dust (Heirs of Neverland, #1)
  • The Princess Will Save You (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky, #1)
  • Memoirs of a Geisha