Start by marking “The Dare (North Woods University, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dare (North Woods University, #2)

The Dare

(North Woods University #2)

He was more than my bully, he was what living nightmares were made of

I dare you It started as a childish game played between two friends, that ended in heartbreak.

I knew him once. A long time ago you may have even called us friends. That was before I moved away before my mother married his father before my entire life fell apart.

I lost everything, my friends, my
Published June 28th 2019 (first published June 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dare

Start your review of The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
I loved it despite the fact that it contained one of my pet peeves.

I Just cant get enough of these hate to love stories (or bully romances which are basically hate to love stories set in high school or college). This one was great even though it contained one of my big pet peeves which is when the blurb says, you cant break something thats already broken. Then the bully goes on to completely break the girl that was supposedly already broken.

I like the few where either the bully realizes how
mel

The .5 is for the grovelling cuz it was actually pretty good but the Hs actions were unforgivable (calling her a slut, manhandling her, using OW for bj cuz he wants h blah blah blah, you know the usual) and the h was just... ughhh, well, she was a doormat who forgives too easily, cries a lot, gives in too easily cuz duh shes horny, and doesnt really fight back and I really hate that. Buuut she was aight at the end, though, cant really forget how much of a dumbass she was for the first
Nikitasbookreviews
Beta reader

You guys Im not even playing! If you loved the bet as much as i did and still do then youll love the dare! You will freaking ugly cry like i did! Im still not over this book! It was so damn good!
I seriously had a love/hate relationship with Vance throughout this book which was leaning towards hate for the most part lol
if i could physically go into this book I would! just to freaking throat punch him and crush his nuts!!
My emotions were freaking all over the place with this one! I
Dora Koutsoukou
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-amazing-stars
5 ❤💔❤💔❤💥🤩💥🤩💥🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣

Its one of the rare moments where the second book is even better than the previous one!!!!
Vance carries so much hatred for Ava during the last 5 years. Now that she appears back into his life, Vance will finally get his payback!!

Im going to break her, destroy her. Ill send her back to wherever the fuck she came from crying, and shell think twice before crossing paths with me again. Vance

The storyline was amazing, the writing was superb, fast paced, dual pov and the characters
Tzelina
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a 4.5 stars for me !! Definitely it was better than the first book!!! Vance was so cruel and Ava so sweet! Overall I really liked it ..Can't wait for next one ..Clarks story !!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Jenna, 4 stars

Another terrific story to follow up from the first one. This follows the intriguing story of Vance and newcomer Ava. Vance is another hurt male who you will probably hate through most of the story. But his broken heart and emotions will win you over. Ava was definitely loveable and actually quite a strong heroine in my eyes. The story was emotional, angsty but also steamy and flowed really nicely. The end leaves you wanting the next as well.
Jessica
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Insane-Stars! ★★★★★
Refreshing, bitter-sweet and oh-so good. From the first paragraph I was hooked! And it kept getting better and better. Vance and Avas relation is rollercoaster ride on crack! The ups and downs kept me glued to the pages.

Vance was a grade-A dick but some how I still ended up rooting for them to end up together. The writing was superb! I am a fan of J.L. Beck after this book. I am reading all the books by this author because this was not just a book. This was Art!

I read this
BLuvsBooks
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to own her fear, her hate, her anger.
Wow. Another great bully, enemies to lovers read by these authors.
You will feel the pain and anger. Many Secrets and lies.
Can they find forgiveness and love after all the hurt?

Lets chat books.
Avidez Literaria
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Stepsister or not, shes dead to me.
She was dead to me the night she lied about me to her father.

Truth or dare? A regular and innocent game between two friends, Ava and Vance, has unimaginable consequences when Ava decides to choose dare for the first time. In pursuit of her mission, she ends up seeing a scene that will destroy her family as well as her friend's family. And especially the friendship between them. Ava will not see him again. Vance will hate her.
A few years later, their lives
Jeeves Reads Romance
Sort of like watching a car crash, its impossible to tear your eyes away from this book once you get into it - no matter how much you may want to. I still cant decide if I loved or hated this book; it straddled the line between the two too many times to count. And thats a good description of the romance in this book as a whole - there is a fine line between love and hate, which Vance and Ava know all too well. The story follows childhood friends who are separated after a mysterious event that is ...more
Born To Read
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Some years ago, Vance and Ava were friends. But one night playing truth or dare changes everything. Because his dad and her mom were having an affair. And even though Ava and her parents moved to another place, they ended up getting a divorce.
Now, five years later Ava's mom is married to Vance's dad. And she is moving to live with them. But, Vance hates her now. And Ava doesn't understand why.
Two versions of the same story...
This second book is better than the first one. It's full of love,
σψεδζααδι Μαριάμ
1-WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH Y'ALL?-STAR!

OH MY GOD. DNF @ 50....oh i can't fucking ...i just can't.
SHE SUFFERS, HE SUFFERS..BLAMES HER, SHE IS SUCH A FUCKING DOORMAT...AND OH ..WHA THE HELL ....EVEN AT 50% SHE SAYS, DO YOUR WORST??? IN A LOVEY DOVEY VOICE...I HATE EVERYONE WHO URNS THIS INTO ROMANCE...
Adriana
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book
Melody
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vance and Ava story polls you in from the start it's heart-wrenching you never know what's this going to happen with this Duo very intriguing I thought it was a fabulous book it definitely keeps you on your toes this was 1 heart stopping keep you on your turning the pages makes you want to cry laughing scream love this book five star read I definitely recommend this book

Thank you for your review.
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
4.5/5 Stars

Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the publisher and/or author. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This duo of authors has such a knack for creating stories that capture your attention straight from the beginning. This is the second book that I have read from these co-authors and I am liking the current trend.

What this book boasts, as did the first book in this series, is characters that imprint on you immediately. These
E Loprete
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by JL Beck and C. Hallman of two young people whose lives get shattered by playing a game of Dare. Neither Vance or Ava would ever realize that the cause of this action would lead to heartbreak and change lives forever. This story will shatter you, pull you in as you follow the path of destruction that follows Ava, five years later her Father is in rehab and they lost everything by her Mother's selfish actions. Now she is faced with being homeless and when her Mother reaches ...more
moonie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
- No Spoilers in this review!
Okay. So. This book was pretty good, minus a couple of things.

The Good:
- AMAZING groveling. Like, totally worth reading. I cannot read bully romances that have no groveling or shame. This one had the perfect amount, and a little extra kick! The hero's inner dialogue was perfect and it's SO rare that we see this in a bully book. It was refreshing knowing that he showed so much regret for what happened. Usually in these types of stories, the inner dialogue is like
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vance Preston is an asshole plain and simple. However, there is a reason he is the way he is. Life is not always fair, especially when your family is lying to you, but there is no way to know that until your ex-best friend comes back into town.

Ava is such a sweet and lovely girl that has been dealt with some horrible cards all because she saw something she shouldn't have. Everyone seems to be against her and Vance who used to be her best friend is making her life a living hell. However, no
Courtney
Received ARC for Honest Review

I Give this book 4.5 out of a 5 Start Rating, but will list as 4.

I definitely plan on buying this book as soon as it becomes available!

Romance: 4/5
Heat: 4/5
Emotional Roller Coaster(?): 5/5
Drama: 5/5
Suspense: 4.5/5
HEA(?): YES!

I Have Not Read Book 1 yet, but I will now!
When I saw The Dare was available to read, I took the chance and jumped right in, knowing nothing. This is such a good read and so glad I got the chance! Im sorry I cannot give any spoiler except this
Amanda Grooms
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an impulse rental after checking out another KU book about stepbrother drama (something Im a sucker for). This was okay, but much lower on the totem pole compared to the other stepbrother/bully romance I read before it. Vance was a total dick, and didnt have much to say of any consequence. Why he wouldve blamed Ava, a child, for what happened to his family (he was super butt-hurt about what happened to his mom, yet we never see her in the book and Vance is living with his super rich ...more
LaToya Toney
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading The Bet I was looking forward to Vance's book. Vance and Ava were best friends as kids. They liked to play truth or dare. After a dare gone wrong they don't see each other again for five years. Vance blames Ava for his parent's divorce and he wants to make her suffer. He is not pleased when he finds out his dad is marrying Ava's mom and that Ava is moving in with them. Poor Ava thinks that they are going to pick up right where they left off in their friendship. Vance is determined ...more
Millie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Vance is even more stupid than Remmy.
Why these boys hold gruges from their childhood ? The fuck is wrong with them ?
Don't get me started on the parents who are sociopaths. Parents are bad > boys become bully and manwhores / girls are weak, shy as mouses and have daddy issues. What a clever plot TO WRITE IN TWO BOOKS.
The heroine is pathetic and the authors are playing a dangerous and irresponsible game: writing that the girls from this series find pleasure when the boys forced themselves on
Vinessa Wooten
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gosh this story is full of fight.
Ava and Vance broke each other years ago.
Lies betrayal and hate fuel this book. I just wanted to punch Vance he is pure hatred. Avs just wants her mothers approval or at lesst just some attention.
Things get out of hand when Vance taked his hatred to far and just about ruin his chance to find out the truth about what happened all those years ago. He needs a good swift kick to the head by a bull. This story is long and engaging. I listened to the book through text
Bookbytch5 janet Gray
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG you think The Bet was good hold on tight The Dare is off the hook. Vance and Ava were childhood friends on till a Dare. This story full of truths, lies and dares, love, passion, hate and drama. Want to no how there story plays out well you just have to wait till release day, A must read, I definitely recommend this story, I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced readers copy, Love it J.L & CASSANDRA.

Purchase Links:

AMAZON US: http://bit.ly/DAREUS
AMAZON UK: http://bit.ly/DAREUK
AMAZON
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author.

17hawesc238
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: n
AcherontaMovebo
Jul 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Is it possible to be level Vance of stupid ?
Amber
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dare has completely upped the level and intensity of this fantastic new series! Just when I thought it couldnt get any better, I was proven so very wrong. Beck and Hallman know how to totally wreck my heart while leaving me a sliver of hope to keep me moving and dreaming. Nothing is as good as devouring one of their stunningly, out of this world stories!! They are life-changing and heart reforming, and I wouldnt change a single thing about them! What a fabulous rush that will keep you going ...more
Jyoti
The Dare by J.L. Beck, Cassandra Hallmanan is second the book in North Woods University series. It's a step-brother, bully romance. It was intense, emotional, angsty, and steamy.

Vance and Ava were friends when they were growing up. They liked to play truth or dare a lot. Then one night Ava chose dare, and she saw something she was never supposed to see, and it changed their lives forever.

Now five years later, Ava's mother is getting married to Vance's father and she moving in to live with
Heidi
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMFG!! If you loved The Bet, you will love atheist Dare. Vance and Ava were best friends when they were younger and one night changes everything. I had a love/hate relationship with Vance. There were so many times I wanted to throttle him and more. Ava has no idea why Vance hates her so much. My emotions were all over the place. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what Vance would do to Ava next. He was even worse than Remy was in The Bet and that is saying a lot. This book gave me all ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Cruel Boy
  • I Hate You
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Burnout
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • Treacherous
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • The Help (Kings of Linwood Academy, #1)
  • The Lie (Kings of Linwood Academy #2)
  • Surviving Carson
  • Bad Guy (Providence Prep High School #1)
Heyya! Author JL Beck! Do you love my books? Please check out the links below to keep up to date with all things J.L. Beck. If you have any questions please feel free to send an email.

Email: jobeck0813@gmail.com
Newsletter: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/k4ordpbhzu
Join Smut Queens: http://bit.ly/2sWljZG
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJLBeck/
Twitter: :https://twitter.com/AuthorJLBeck
Pinterest:

North Woods University (4 books)
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
  • The Secret (North Woods University #3)
  • The Vow: A Student-Teacher Romance