Jump to ratings and reviews
United Earth casts a long shadow of memory across its residents, and those memories are renewed through every enlightened AI Host who carries them. This haunts some, encourages fear in others and confirms devotion in many. United Earth, as an idea, gave life to freedoms previously unknown to humanity, but when the General’s war devastated that trust, and an alien bent on destruction came to annihilate their civilization, the populace began to question their place in this fallen utopia. Now, six months removed from the most recent conflict which overwhelmed the people; recognizing they are not alone in the universe, they seek purpose in their existence more than ever. The lottery would afford them that, offering hope, one of the most essential requirements in an individual’s arsenal for survival. But when that hope turns to dread, what is left to accomplish but survival?

218 pages, Paperback

Published August 20, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Michael Poeltl

16 books219 followers
Killing karma is the latest Thriller from Michael Poeltl - A series of killings has cast a reign of terror over Detroit, and even the seasoned Detective Harlow has no idea what to make of them. As a cop, he understands revenge killings, but these homicides are taking the concept of payback to new heights. If you like a little noir with your crime fiction, this book is for you!

Killing Karma Reviews:
FIVE STARS "Loved it! Was immersed from the very beginning and couldn’t wait to see how it would play out." Rita from Goodreads
FIVE STARS "From the opening paragraph to the last sentence I was captivated; at times I found myself holding my breath…" David from Goodreads
FOUR STARS "A highly gripping tale that builds a believable world full of unexpected twists and turns." Madame from Goodreads
FOUR STARS "Such an interesting and fresh take on serial killers... absolutely loved the way the author intertwined the whole concept of past lives into the main plot. Every detail really added more to the story." Chanelle from Goodreads

The Blind Affect launched on June 22nd, 2021 to some great advanced reviews:
FIVE STARS “... a sometimes disturbing but always profound look at three characters whose lives take haunting courses... 'The Blind Affect' will leave you with a lot to think about.”
FOUR STARS “[Poeltl] doesn’t tell us, he shows us the lives of these characters. He shows readers what trauma looks like and what is healing. It’s a timely story...”

Other book reviews:
"A well-built fantasy world with likable characters." - A.I. Insurrection - The General's War - Goodreads
"The characters are 3-dimensional and realistic, with believable flaws, motivations and goals, doubts and beliefs.." - A.I. Insurrection - The General's War - Goodreads
"A great read for anyone who enjoys extensively built worlds." - A.I. Insurrection - The General's War - Goodreads
"The immense interest provided by the world, technology, action and characters kept me reading happily" - A.I. Insurrection - The General's War - Goodreads
"Very well done and I am looking forward to reading book 2." - A.I. Insurrection - The General's War - Goodreads
"Reading Michael Poeltl’s A.I. Insurrection is like watching a master’s level chess tournament." - A.I. Insurrection - Armageddon - Goodreads
"If you like book one like I did, you'll like book 2 even more. " - The Judas Syndrome - Book One - Goodreads
"As someone who writes myself, I can honestly say I'm jealous over that ending. I wish I'd written it." - The Judas Syndrome - Book One - Goodreads
"I had trouble putting it down the first night and finished it in one day." - The Judas Syndrome - Book One - Goodreads
"I would absolutely recommend this novel to anyone, and I can not wait to read more from this author." - The Judas Syndrome - Book One - Goodreads
"I loved that the stories were of varying lengths because it made it easy to read a quick story while taking a break. I definitely recommend giving this collection a read." - Waning Metaphorically - Goodreads

By 2022 I’ll have published 14 books ranging in genres, with two trilogies, a series, and many standalone books. It has been my absolute joy to rediscover the love of writing. To revisit those childhood freedoms where you can do anything and be anyone. I’ve also merged my love of visual arts with writing, including illustrations in a few of my young-reader books.

Discovering your purpose is a massive step in realizing your best life. Gifting myself the right to be an author has afforded me incredible growth as an artist and as a human being. I write with a renewed devotion to offer stories that inspire and entertain, stories with depth of emotion and original plots.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
2 (18%)
1 star
1 (9%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.