Start by marking “Married by Midnight (Cowboys and Angels, #48)” as Want to Read:
Married by Midnight (Cowboys and Angels, #48)

Married by Midnight

(Cowboys and Angels #48)

A woman fighting to keep her family's farm. A man hiding from the guilt that consumes him. The two angels determined to show each of them the power of forgiveness.

Sarah Abrahams hears the whispers around town and knows that no man would consider marrying her. Alone after her family's death, she is now in danger of losing the farm and the only life she has known in Cree

Published October 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Married by Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married by Midnight

Start your review of Married by Midnight (Cowboys and Angels, #48)
Sharon
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Ian- jumping trains to get away from trouble in NY and to start fresh.
Sarah- trying to keep her family's farm
I enjoyed reading this captivating story that is fantastically written with lovable characters. Their story has a sweet HEA!
Mary Jane McLeod
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Series loved it

Another great book in a great series. I'm really enjoying this series and all the characters in Creed and Bachelor. I loved Ian and Sarah's story and look forward to more books in the series.
Janet Simmons
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Story of Ian and Sarah, and we find out more about Charlie's story. Really good story. Ties up more loose ends. #48in a series of 49.
Connie D. Paben
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good story

This was a good story! The H and h found their way to each other. The only critic I would make is steers can not have calves, because they are castrated bull calves. Only cows or heifers (female calves) can have babies. The author, Christine, did a good job explaining about hobos and catalog homes, but just wanted her to know about her steers could not have calves.
Lea & Sandra
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

Angels guidance steer this couple in the right direction. A bit of intervention is necessary to being two troubled people together.
Lisa Eastman
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was a great book!
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Married by Midnight is the 48th title in the Cowboys and Angels series and reunites us, just a bit, with characters we met in Beauty and the Baker (#39 – Georgina & Charlie) as well as that matchmaking guardian angel couple, the Pennyworths.

Ian is Charlie’s friend and went through most of the horrible terrors with Charlie back East. Now he’s free and traveling the rails as a train jumper heading West when he is encouraged to make a side trip to Creede, Colorado by his
Barbara
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Code for live

The Pennworthies are at it again. When Ian jumps from the train outside Creede he has no idea he will reconnect with his best friend and meet the love of his life. Sarah is in mourning. She has lost her entire family to a road accident with a wagon. Now she will lose the farm. Her neighbor is detestable and the man who jumped from the train has few recollections. This adventurous love story includes some awesome history about the train jumpers. Loved it thoroughly.
Debbie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Cowboys and Angel's bring together a strong love.

A young woman with too much on her plate. A young man with nightmares when he sleeps. When finally they meet it is with Ian unconscious. Sarah helps nurse him back to health but discovered he has lost his memory. Together can they fight all demons. Can Sarah keep the family farm? A great story. Read straight through because it was too hard to put down.
Pat  Comer
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Book.

Sarah lost her parents and sister in a wagon wreck, Ian was a train jumper/Hobo. Trying to make his way to California, He jumped the train Creede, almost Drown in a creek by Sarah's farm. Her farm hand found Ian and brought him to Sarah. They got him his memory back and Ian and Sarah tell in love. Thanks Christine Sterling.
Margie
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love that Christine Sterling brought back the Pennyworths as the guardian angels for Ian and Sarah. Recovering from the sudden deaths of her parents and sister, Sarah needs Io be able to turn her mind to nursing Ian back to health following an injury. Good men do exist and Ian is a perfect example. I recommend this book.
Dana Dobias
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice Story!

This is the 49th book in the Cowboys and Angels series. We find out what happened to Ian, the friend of Charlie (Beauty and the Baker, number 39). Ian ends up on the farm of a woman who has suddenly inherited her family farm and is coping with the loss of her parents and sister. The story has a good plot and no added drama.I enjoy this series.
Carol
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Married by Midnight

Sarah is grieving the loss of her parents and sister, when she is told she will be losing her home farm due to back taxes that she has no money to pay. Ian was moving west by hopping trains when he shows up at Sarah's farm needing help. Can Ian help her as she helps him?
Cindy Edwards
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like when Mr and Mrs Pennyworth team up together to help a couple realize they belong together. Ian is a train jumper on his way to Creede to reconnect with his best friend. Sarah has lost her family in a freak accident and is about to lose her farm. Will the Pennyworths be able to help this couple before its too late? This book leaves you guessing until right near the end.
Kim D. Wright
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story!

I love this knight in shining armor type story with a twist. Ian isn't your typical knight, but he comes thru with flying colors. I do wish Dell would have lived to see Sarah settled and happy.
Janet Swiftbird
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Matchmaker Angels

What a wonderful storyline and such interesting characters.
Sarah needs a husband to keep the land she lives on.
Ian lost his memory when he feel in a mudslide.
Can these two find what they need?
D'anah
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

I enjoyed this book. A bit frustrated with Sarah, but the story was well written. I appreciate books which - not only entertain, but inform. This book is one of them. Would have liked a bit more character development. Apart from that, was really good.
Shelby Young
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Married by Midnight was a fantastic story! I really liked the characters and was happy to hear a bit about New York after Charlie left.
Cindy
Another wonderful installment in a great multi author series.
Wilma K. Campbell
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book.
jayne hay
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another cowboy and angels story

This is Ian and Sarah's story who not only find love they manage to get there angles together too Mr and Mrs pennyworth
Babs Wenk
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ian and Sarah

About to lose her farm Sarah is desperate and marries the train jumper that is Charlie’s friend to save it. - Babs
Anita Rohn
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Trying to save her farm yet willing to help strangers. Guardian angels lead two hurting people together to find their way.
Donna
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

I loved this book, author and series. I highly recommend this book, author and series. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series.
Diamondgirl2634
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I loved the characters and the story. Made me laugh and cry. Kept me engaged beginning to end. Highly recommend this book and this series.
Cyndi
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Digging for the future

Good read. Glad to see the farmer finding the one by midnight. The towns should fence that road that's danger to drive. Maybe in another book.
Judith Stamper
Oct 06, 2019
Ry
Oct 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Healing His Heart (Cowboys and Angels, #49)
  • Two-Step with Tess (The Matchmaker's Ball, #1)
  • Allemande with Angel (The Matchmaker's Ball, #2)
  • Moonlight with Alice (The Matchmaker's Ball, #3)
  • Last Dance with Letha (The Matchmaker's Ball #4)
  • Promenade with Penelope (The Matchmaker's Ball #5)
  • A Penny for His Heart (The Matchmaker's Ball #7)
  • Dear Mr. Diamond (Mail-Order Bride Ink, #10)
  • Cupid Takes a Wife (Holliday Islands Resort, #6)
  • Wild Card (Black Aces, #3)
  • Nugget Nate: The Penny Calling
  • Christmas with the Cookes (Matchmakers in Time, #1)
  • Dallas (Bachelors and Babies #5)
  • Trace (Bachelors and Babies #1)
  • An Agent for Alexina (The Pinkerton Matchmaking #42)
  • An Agent for Adelaide (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #48)
  • A Bride for Tobias (Proxy Brides, #26)
  • An Agent for Danielle (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #55)

Christine Sterling lives in a pre-civil war farmhouse with her husband, three dogs - Morgan, Brandi and Samson, and about a dozen rescued barn cats. She has been writing since she was eight years old when her grandparents gave her a Sears & Roebuck typewriter with a hard plastic cover for Christmas in 1977.

She spent her teen years crafting stories to include

Cowboys and Angels (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Beatrice the Bride (Cowboys and Angels, #1)
  • Lucky in Love (Cowboys and Angels, #2)
  • Rescuing the Rancher (Cowboys and Angels, #3)
  • Taming the Trainer (Cowboys and Angels Book 4)
  • Mail Order Merchant (Cowboys and Angels, #5)
  • Waiting on Waylon (Cowboys and Angels, #6)
  • Hannah the Healer (Cowboys and Angels, #7)
  • Wooing the Widow (Cowboys and Angels Book 8)
  • Bribing the Blacksmith (Cowboys and Angels, #9)
  • Bargain for Baby (Cowboys and Angels, #10)

News & Interviews