Start by marking “Awakened (The Oracle Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Awakened (The Oracle Chronicles #1)

Awakened

(The Oracle Chronicles #1)

Secret lineage, a ruthless vampire, and forbidden love.

Willow Stevens dreams of stardom are eclipsed by the real nightmares of a sinister man haunting her dreams. Unbeknownst to her, Eli Walker, her hot but snobbish co-worker, may know the reason nightmares plague her, but their history shows he is more prone to reject her, than help her.

Then Willow passes out at work onl
Published July 9th 2019 by Love Snacks Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Awakened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakened

Start your review of Awakened (The Oracle Chronicles #1)
Riley
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
this was such a fun romance and exactly what i was looking for to give me all the witchy magical vibes
Bree Hill
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: woc-romance, romance
I hardly ever read books as fast as I did Awakened. I was hooked, had to know WHAT THE HELL, WHY THE HELL and HOW THE HELL! It’s really good!
heabooktubes
Sep 30, 2020 rated it liked it
My least favorite type of angst. And the story never really gripped me.
Angela
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: para
Give me more! This was a fabulous kickoff to the Oracle Chronicles. Willow has a lot of quirky charm and spunk as she learns about the world of magic and her role in it. Her love interest, Eli is super sexy in a refined, duty before pleasure, sort of way. This is definitely a slow burn romance leading to some steamy scenes worth waiting for. I especially love some of the secondary characters and their relationships. Moni Boyce wrote an intriguing story with a creative premise. It drew me in, hel ...more
Sadie Forsythe
Not very good, not totally horrendous, but not great either. The book has an interesting world and premise and an absolutely gorgeous cover, but it needs more editing, the writing is amateurish at times, and the transitions are often clunky. Plus, I had some serious suspension of disbelief issues with the plot and I found both Willow and Eli unlikable. She's 26 and he's even older, but they both act like children, and she's especially self-centered, bratty, and easily manipulated.

As for the pro
LaKisha Dunn
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start 👍👍👍

I really don't like cliffhangers but this was worth it. This is a great start to a new series and I cannot wait for the next installment. I hope the wait between books is not long and the author continues to deliver. I will leave a more detailed review after book 2.
Jill
Oct 16, 2020 added it
I won’t rate this as I didn’t end up finishing it but just noting down that i didn’t finish it because the transitions between scenes felt clunky and difficult to follow . The characters weren’t likable and relatable so I stopped at about 30%
Jessica
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5! I really enjoy all of the characters and finding more out about Willow. I think the author could have elaborated more and made the first book longer. I will be reading the second book soon! I love Kindle because it helps me find indie authors to support!
J.V. Speyer
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-reads
I hosted a spot on the blitz tour a few weeks ago for Awakened, and the book sparked my interest. Let’s be real, this one has a lot of the things that call out to me, right? There’s murder – or at least, there are some murder-adjacent activities taking place. (Does it count if they’re vampires?) There are all kinds of supernatural and paranormal happenings, and the people come from a variety of backgrounds. (I have to wonder about books where everyone looks the same. Don’t they worry about letha ...more
Jessica Roope
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully crafted, Awakened by Moni Boyce is sure to be a favorite in anyone's library. I was immediately captivated by the wide range, but never boring cast of characters and their mission. Willow and Eli dominated the story with a relationship that had me cheering for them from the start. With Willow's strong attitude and Eli's sense of duty and honor, I was enthralled to watch their story unfold as they took to the road.

If you love a killer storyline with a sweet romance and a splash of am
Zakiyyah
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome! I just finished reading. There are so many layers involved! Beyond the romantic element (which I probably enjoyed reading a little too much), it's also about a journey of self-discovery, which is why I find the main character, Willow, to be so relatable. I also love how this story is woven into actual historical events that make it feel real. I'm looking forward to what Moni Boyce produces next! No spoilers obviously but....I have questions that need answers! Moni has a tal ...more
Danielle Lynn
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first paranormal romance I read in a long time and I wasn’t disappointed. Willow is a young woman who finds out she’s an oracle while on the run from a centuries old vampire. To make matters worse, visions of death haunt her dreams.

Willow is someone that I found myself rooting for. I loved all the characters and I can’t wait for book two. This fast paced, quick read ends with a satisfyingly steaming climax.
Carla Smith
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by this author! Just like her previous release, Redemption of the Heart, it left me wanting more. Can’t wait for the next in this series!
Piper
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good mix

Good mix of suspense and mystery. Noni is trying to find her way in a world she knows nothing about. Eli is coming in as a great super hero character.
Kelly
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
So this is my first 2 star rating using CAWPILE. I didn't really connect to the characters. I didn't understand where the connection between Eli and (wow I just read this and have completely forgotten the main character's name. I think that tells you just how much I didn't connect with the characters.) the main character came from. As far as they explain it they both fall in love with the other person without ever having spoken to each other. Like what is that? Also, the writing just was serious ...more
Bethany Bliss
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for me
I got this book by attending a “meet the author” party hosted by Moni Boyce, and I was pumped to try her work!
I won a couple books following interracial couples and strong black female leads which got me very excited. Since it had been so long since I read a supernatural/paranormal romance I started with Awakened.
I’m pretty picky when it comes to supernatural books. Things can get pretty limitless pretty fast but I found Awakened to be a fast paced, easy read.
This story follows
Angel Graham
Nov 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-books
I enjoyed this, even though it ended with a cliffhanger. Normally, that's the kiss of death.

I enjoyed the story overall, but some parts, just...

If the Protectors all knew she would one day need to know combat skills, meditation skills, and such; why didn't they use all that time to teach her. They didn't have to tell her she was an Oracle to have the neighbor (A protector) suggest taking Self Defense, or Mixed Martial Arts classes together. Maybe Yoga/Tai Chi...things to help learn to empty the
Kirsty McCracken
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
3* from me.

This is a series I MAY come back to at some point in the future. It's a quick read and a fun premise but I didn't fall in love with it, so I feel no immediately rush to finish it immediately.

Witches, werewolves, vampires - an urban fantasy with a sprinkling of smut - this should have ticked all my boxes, but I think I always want these things a bit darker and angsty-er than they end up being.

This is a captivating read for a couple of hours of your day, I just wish it had thrilled m
Stacey Rankin
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic edge of seat read. Loved the unique story and the characters, especially the forbidden love between Willow and Eli. The book is filled with action, adventure, suspense, mystery and forbidden romance ending in a massive cliffhanger ready for the next story. I cannot wait to find out what happens next.

Deborah
Oct 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya-fiction
I didn't realize this novel was a YA urban fantasy until I started reading it. I got about 8% in and couldn't keep going. The characters are incredibly flat and I can already tell that I will hate the forced romance. The writing is something I might have done myself in highschool. That isn't something I want to be reminded of. I didn't finish this one.

The plus is that the front cover looked really good. So props to the cover artist for an amazing job. It's why I picked up the book.
Lisa
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a fun start to the series! I really liked the characters and their dynamics and I did enjoy reading from Willow's perspective. The action scenes were written well and engaging. I just wish it had been around 100 pages longer. The beginning was really quick, introduced a lot of different elements and didn't leave enough room for the characters to react appropriately. Still, I found it quite easy to get a grasp of this world and I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the books. ...more
Janelle Dazzlepants
This was fun to begin with and reminded me of why I used to love paranormal romance so much, but over time the writing really grated on my nerves. It feels very amateur and fanfiction-y, and I couldn't fully engage with the story because I'd read a sentence and the editing side of my brain would think about how I'd rewrite it to be punchier.

This was so short but it really felt like a chore to get through. Sadly it wasn't the paranormal for me and I probably won't carry on with the series.
Bri
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I thought Willow was a very interesting character. The author did as n amazing job writing this book. You were able to see the characters and as ll the details in your head as you read the book.

Kristen Casey
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I loved the world-building in this terrific series starter, as well as the well-developed cast of characters! The plot was interesting, and the action kept me invested from the very first page. I wish I'd read the book description more carefully, so I was prepared for the cliffhanger ending (my fault) but I'm looking forward to seeing where Ms. Boyce takes this story and these characters in subsequent books! ...more
Julie Christiansen
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid storytelling

I liked everything about this book. The weaving of the story, the descriptions of characters, the action scenes, and the emotional expressions. I don't like books with cliffhangers, but this story has peaked my interest enough that I will keep reading the series.
Natasha M. Lott
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Starr
Jan 30, 2020 added it
This is an urban fantasy that has a nice spin on the genre. Willow Stevens is living her life in Nashville, TN, working in a call center during the day and singing in various venues at night. Despite all of the accolades she seems to get, she still hasn’t caught the attention of any of the people in the music industry. One day at work she passes out and when she comes to she is in her co-worker’s apartment along with other people that she has interacted with or befriended in her daily life. It t ...more
Heather Bane
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good read. I found the story interesting and characters as well. It kept my attention throughout. I recommend reading.

Kylie
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great start to.a.series, this is a paranormal romance, hooked straight away, will be reading book two when its available, highly reccommend

Dawn Milligan
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read! The story is fantastic and the characters are well written a real page turner and I think will be a fabulous series!😍

• Sacrifice (Bloodline Vampires #1)
  • Shadows and Souls (Eve Williams #3)
  • Seduced by Moonlight (Love Death and Magic #1)
  • Bound to Darkness (Shadow Bound, #1)
  • Quiet Chaos (The Chaos, #2)
  • Truth or Dare
  • Ghosts of Christmas
  • Bramble and Blood (Eve Williams #1)
  • Barista and the Bear (Oak Fast Fated Mates #1)
  • Her Sweet Alpha
  • Redemption
  • Birdsong and Bone (Eve Williams #2)
  • Lunchtime Chronicles, Issue 5: Whipped
  • Can't Block My Love (Hockey Gods #1)
  • Chatting with a Vampire
  • Say Something
  • His Nymph
  • Sir Loin of Beef (Grade-A Beefcakes #1)
Moni Boyce is an award-winning author of contemporary and paranormal romance, a filmmaker and a poet. She spent fifteen years working in the film industry and now creates characters of her own, bringing to life on the page. She considers herself a bookworm, film buff, foodie, music lover and an avid world traveler having visited 33 countries, 5 continents and 27 US states so far. She currently liv ...more

The Oracle Chronicles (4 books)
  • Enlightened (The Oracle Chronicles #2)
  • Empowered (The Oracle Chronicles, #3)
  • Divined (The Oracle Chronicles #4)