Start by marking “Ivan the Bold (Dokiri Brides, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ivan the Bold (Dokiri Brides, #3)

Ivan the Bold

(Dokiri Brides #3)

She’d walk through fire to save their world. To claim her, he’d let it all burn.

Her widowed heart freshly healed, Lavinia wants nothing more than to bind herself to Ivan, the man who adores her fatherless sons almost as much as he loves her. Then duty calls her to risk their future and return to a life she’d fled — to a man who wants her as much as she fears him.

Tasked wi
Published September 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Ivan the Bold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ivan the Bold

Start your review of Ivan the Bold (Dokiri Brides, #3)
booksnpenguins
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
She couldn't allow this to truly happen. Not yet. Not when the future was still chaos. She wouldn't risk Ivan like that. His one chance at happiness.
She reached for the blade. Ivan caught her wrist, blocking her.
She flicked a pleading look up at him and started to speak. He cut her off, his voice soothing.
"Trust me."
She would.

I made it!

Almost a month late and a bit heartbroken, but I finally finished my third book of this amazing series (fourth, if you count the gem that was the prequel
Stacie
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, arc, dragons
3 1/2 "Sacrifice" Stars!

Well... what can I say... for this one I felt somber, and a bit hopeless for a very large part of the book. There was a lot of strife. And once again, Denali Day threw me for another loop with the Dokiri Warriors being off the mountain and all that that exposed them to.

The story kicked off almost just where the last book ended. The Dokiri Clans were facing a threat they could not have imagined. Lavinia, a Dokiri bride that had been widowed may know of a weapon that can h
AvidReader
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
An amazingly written book!
The series is progressing fantastically and in this a new country (and culture) that is completely different from Na Dokkiri is introduced.

I loved the hero Ivan the bold. I loved that chapter with the same name too. He was strong, rash, impulsive, but loving stepdad.
Heroine, not so much. Because she made a mess of things. But I cannot pinpoint what. She has my respect and I loved how she transformed from a stutter stark to an eagle.
The characters were all complex and
Betül
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

- 4.5 stars -

This series is very refreshing and original. I absolutely love the Dokiri and their way of life. The main characters of this book are Ivan and Lavinia. Lavinia is a widow and has two sons but has been growing closer to Ivan, who was her late husband's best friend. Ivan is very protective of Lavinia and her boys. There is danger and an upcoming war for which they'll need allies. One of them are the Ebronians from Ebron, from where Lavi
Izzie d
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-etc, arc
Aizlynne
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the most pleasing aspects of this series is how individual each story is. It is so easy in this type of series to allow each couple's story to be formulaic. Thus far, each installment has been anything but. Ms. Day has infused this series with such creativity and heart, what's not to love?

Ivan and Lavinia's road is not an easy one and is often filled with anxiety and heartache, but it is one that I was glad to traverse. What a great treatise on the meaning of love this is. On showing what
Kathleen Harris
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great title in this series. This quiet woman is a secret badass. I loved these guys together.
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Laura Elizabeth
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Boy this series is something else. Huge hit, miss, huge hit, sorta miss..... This installment was no fun. Good writing, story is good but.....angst from first to the last page all the way through. I wasn’t a huge Lavinia fan from seeing her in previous books and felt like Ivan deserved to find his own wife, not his friends widow. But the next book looks to be a great fiery couple with Magnus and Nadine. 🤞🤞🤞 Overall this is a good series.
Riley
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Each story in the Dokiri Brides series is unique. Rather than follow a template, the author gives us a truly singular adventure and romance in each book. Though the heroes of the stories are siblings, each brother follows his own particular path.

In this third installment of the series, the Dokiri leave their mountain in order to try to form an alliance with the Ebronians to defeat the Soul Theives. Both Ivan and Lavinia are part of the party that travels to the desert.

To me, Ivan is the least li
Lana
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Denali Day does it again! She wrote a book which kept me totally engrossed in the story with my stomach clenched in fear for Lavinia, and more so for Ivan as this is their story. Lavinia was a gritu who had 2 sons and had lost her beloved husband Soren in battle, and who stuttered because of her lack of self confidence yet when the time came to show her worth, and to do what was necessary for those she loved and for Bedmeg she took the fearful plunge. The veligiri were becoming a massive threat ...more
Yael Shalom
Sep 16, 2020 rated it liked it
The book is well written, but it is not my favorite so far.
On the one hand, I liked that the story went out of the usual format of the series and turned in a new, fresh and interesting direction - both in terms of the development of the connection between Lavinia and Ivan and in terms of the events that happened around.
I usually don't like a story taking place within the walls of palaces and prefer more open and wild landscapes, but that suited the story and it was diverse so it was fine .
The ma
Nic
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lavinia is a Queen!

She may not literally be a queen but she is to me. She has overcome soooo much throughout this series. She may have a vice but so what, so many do now a days. Her willingness to get up and care for her family and tribe just speak to the strength of her heart and character. She doesn’t let her stutter deter her from living her life to the fullest and the fact that the tribe depend on her so much more proof of how great she is.

She had me internally applauding and cheering for h
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The writing and editing of the ARC version of the manuscript was clean, with no typos and pretty sentences. I will admit that I enjoyed the previous novel in this series more than I did this one. The world building was excellent, with me getting a vivid picture of the heroine's home culture and nation, which was really interesting in many ways. I liked how there were so many seeming contradictions in this culture. The characterization was excellent, with both hero and heroine being sympathetic, ...more
Christina Morley
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ivan the Bold by Denali Day is the third book in the Dokiri Brides series. I could hardly put this book down! It's my favorite book in the series so far. The things that Ivan and Lavinia have to wrestle with are hard! Do they choose love or survival of the clan? Will Lavinia be the brave eagle that Ivan sees her as or remain the timid stutter-stark that others see? This story is a page-turner with all the feels, good and bad. The ending left me craving more! I can't wait to read the story of Mag ...more
Pam
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth Denali Day book I’ve read in the Dokiri Brides series (the first is the free prologue) and I was really wondering how it could possibly be different from the other three. And I was so happy and excited to see the setting change, and move to where Lavinia grew up!

I also loved how Lavinia was a widow who Ivan actually knew and formed a friendship with first; much different than the other books where the Dokiri men kidnap their brides.

This is actually the perfect book series to t
Debbie Eyre
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So this is book three in this great series and our main characters are Ivan and Lavinia and what a great story it is! With an intriguing and intense storyline I found myself once again lost in this amazIng world that the author has created and just did not want it to end! It’s action packed and very emotional and yep I shed a few tears but it’s also a romance with a hea for our hero and heroine and I loved it!
Sue
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading about Ivan and Lavinia. I enjoyed the strength and selflessness Lavinia showed. I also enjoyed the surety of Ivan's feeling. I also liked reading more about the Dokiri and the Ebronians and the plotline. The story does continue off of the first 2 books so I would recommend reading them first. While Lavinia and Ivan were not my favorite couple in the series, I think the plot in this was just as exciting.
Jennifer Lil'n  Dunski
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best of the series

Absolutely amazing! A roller coaster of emotions, action-packed and some sweet romance.
I absolutely adore the relationship between Ivan and Lavinia. Every couple in this series is amazing but there's just something about these 2 that makes you not want to put down your kindle.
I can't wait for the next book!
Bigred6126
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. It's a whole new world compared to the other books. The Dokiri don't get lost by any means but this integrates a whole new culture and way of life. I wanted to crawl inside this book and kill some Ebronian's, that's for sure. They are a bunch of stuck up know it all's. I really loved watching Ivan and Lavinia's relationship bloom. Not to mention it was action packed. I loved it.
Alex (AlexInariBooks)
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book: Ivan the Bold (Denali Day)
Rating: 4⭐️

Summary: The darkness is rising. Na Dokiri need the help of the Ebronian armies to beat back the enemy. And there is one woman that can help them get what they need - but the price is higher than nearly any of them are willing to pay...

Favourite character: Ivan. Sweet baby dragons, give this guy a medal! I for sure couldn’t have waited for that long!!🔥

To whom: To lovers of Maas, Armentrout, ToG, the Vikings, romance, and epic fantasy.

Additional notes:
I
Rebecca Bauer
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
There are several different moments where a character in this book has a second chance. Watching the character growth from book to book is amazing. Tying in the new characters in a way that they get a second chance as well as the returning. I enjoyed this book and watching internal struggles be overcome and love out weigh duty. Great third book in the series!
Tam
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book drew me in and held me delightfully-captive from beginning to end. The plot keeps you engaged, the characters are realistic, likable and identifiable and the scenery is described in such a way as to make you feel that you are an actual bystander in every scene. Once I started reading this story, the desperate need for sleep is the only thing that made me put my Kindle down. I am SO excited to move on to the next book in the series!

*I received a complimentary ARC of this book in order
Kim
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Lavinia is recently widowed with a secret past. Ivan loves her and wants to marry - do they get their happy ending?

I love this couple and the hurdles they have to overcome in order to be together. Ivan and Lavinia are fierce in overcoming the obstacles placed before them. Wild tribal culture vs. the tame and boring veneer of civilization - which will triumph?

This is not the first book in this series but I completely enjoyed it as a stand-alone. Don't miss this! I'm on my way to acquire the rest
Annette Aguilar
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second book of this series is as awesome as the first. Full of suspense, surprises, secrets, sacrifice, danger, evil, and betrayal. They are in a fight for their survival, with or without the help they seek. No one believed them, until it was too late. Now the battle rages from mountain to desert, no one is safe, the evil, magical creatures have arrived. If they survive, everyone’s lives will be changed, they must unite if they have a chance to conquer the evil! Refusing to give up on their ...more
Carolyn MacKay
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from this fantastic series! Makes you want to drop everything and read read read
Cant wait for the next installment
Hollee Mands
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Another beautiful, unique fantasy romance by Denali Day featuring starcrossed lovers and angst to the nth degree, with a swoony end. The series just keeps getting better!
Courtney
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(Mostly spoiler-free)

If you haven't read the first 3 books in the Dokiri Brides series check them out first!
(Reading Order: Sven the Collector, Hollen the Soulless, Erik the Tempered, then Ivan the Bold.)

A second chance romance Dokiri style!

Ivan and Lavinia are both passionate and intense people, their story is also intense and may feel a little more akin to Hollen the Soulless to readers. That being said, I was a huge fan of Hollen the Soulless and I loved getting to see them fight—sometimes qu
Jessika
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A heartwrenching tale of second chance love

After reading Hollen the Souless, I was drawn to Lavinia and Ivan's characters. They were so intriguing in their backstories and personalities in general. This book did not let me down in the slightest. Lavinia is such a loyal, devoted, and beautiful woman. Even through all of her trials, those she loves are at the forefront in her mind. She willingly sacrifices her own happiness at several turns and endures ridicule because of her speech impediment.
Iv
Crystal
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I didn't think I would really like this series but when I picked up Hollen and started reading I really got into the story. The men are primal but they have such honor and dignity. The women are the ones who should get named. They are so varied. Not just because of where they come from but how they take to being a hamma to these "barbaric" men.
If you are looking for graphic love scenes full of steam these books aren't for you. The storyline is a slow burn with passion but not g
Leanne Bryson
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ivan and Lavinia story is my absolute favorite! Since his best friend was killed, Ivan has protected and fallen is love with his widow Lavinia, and she has done the same. When the clan is in danger from veligiri, Livinia knows what she needs to do and fears the consequences of that. When she travels back to her homeland to secure the weapon all hope will destroy the veligiri, neither Ivan or his clan members are prepared for what happens. The love, compassion, selflessness Ivan and Livinia show ...more

• Serpentine (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #26)
  • Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)
  • King of the Mountains (Seasons of Fae #1)
  • Incubus Caged (The Incubus, #1)
  • Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners, #3)
  • A Trio of 90 Minute Escapes
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Strategic Vulnerability (Immortal Ops #4)
  • Bite (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #8.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #5.1; Undead, #2.5; Mageverse, #1.5)
  • Cade (The Boundarylands, #8)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • Shifter Challenge (Shifters Hunt #3)
  • Shifters Uproar (Shifters Hunt, #1)
  • Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #20)
  • Matched (Garrison Earth #2)
  • Amber (Jewels Cafe: Amber, #1)
  • The Holiday Shorts: a collection
  • After All (Romancing Manhattan, #3)
When Denali Day was trying to figure out “what to be when she grew up” she noticed all her written stories featured a scene where the beautiful heroine patched up the wounds of a gallant hero. So she decided to become a nurse. Twelve years and two degrees later, she realized all she ever really wanted was to be a writer.

Now she lives in the midwest with her adoring husband, a real life gallant he

Dokiri Brides (1 books)
  • Hollen the Soulless (Dokiri Brides, #1)