Start by marking “Thrilling Adventure Yarns” as Want to Read:
Thrilling Adventure Yarns

Thrilling Adventure Yarns

The pulp magazine era was bristling with brawny men and statuesque women globetrotting, getting into and out of danger. Their exploits quickened the pulses of their readers, young and old alike. They gave rise to some of the most enduring heroes known the world-round.

To honor and celebrate a bygone era, Crazy 8 Press has assembled a stellar line-up of writers – Derek Tyl
Published July 13th 2019 by Crazy 8 Press

To ask other readers questions about Thrilling Adventure Yarns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrilling Adventure Yarns

Start your review of Thrilling Adventure Yarns
Eric Mesa
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crowd-funded
I participated in the Kickstarter for this anthology because of meeting Crazy 8 author Mary Fan at Farpoint. I'm quite glad I did because nearly all of these knocked it out of the park! And those that didn't were still good stories that I enjoyed reading.

I've been into pulp fiction ever since picking up the Big Pulp series at Baltimore Comic-Con nearly a decade ago. There's something really fun that can come from allowing a story to go whereever it goes - even if that ends up being a prurient p
Pamela Shropshire
This book has stories from many different genres - fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, gothic and even romance! There were a couple that I didn’t really care for, but most of them were engaging and enjoyable. The accompanying artwork adds to the stories.

I particularly liked Opium Dreams (historical), Girl Running from House (romance with gothic vibes), Hate Hop, (the Lester Dent story), and Not Just an Intern (a straight-up romance). I would give all those stories a solid 4 stars.

One factor that lowered
Ryan Permison
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a collection of short stories written by several different authors. Some I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. There is something for everyone in this book. It covers a multitude of genres. So take a look and go on an adventure.
Matthew Rex
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable read. Collection of short stories. The stories are just the right length. Takes about 15-20 minutes to read one of them. They cover a wide range of genres from horror to suspense to action. Definitely has that old pulp story feel with a tinge of a modern feel as well. A+
Paul Kienzle
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Anthology! Stories that were all enjoyable. Definitely glad that I got this book on the Kickstarter!
Mike Crate
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Never has a book been so perfectly titled thanks to the wildly varying mixture of stories chosen for inclusion all of which meet the requirements of having that certain something that grips the imagination yet remains just a little off balance. Pirates, Private Eyes, Mask wearing crime fighters, Alien Invasions, Magic, Ghosts, Gunslingers and so much more delight and entertain in this excellent anthology. Highly recommended for something a little bit different on your reading list.
Luke
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to give this book five stars. I thought the stories were a lot of fun, and this kind of anthology is right up my alley. Unfortunately, I couldn't give it that high a rating because it was not edited or proofread nearly as well as it should be. There were numerous typos, run-on sentences, missing punctuation, and even stray pieces of sentences that weren't completely deleted during rewrites. Sadly, these errors kept me from becoming as immersed in the book as I would have liked.
Jim
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A mixed bag of stories from different genres. Overall a good read, but as expected with a short story collection, not all the stories fit my tastes. The best thing I can say about the collection is that I backed it on Kickstarter a few months ago, and I’m glad that I did.
Michael Bourgon
Jan 19, 2020
Simon Treeton
Sep 05, 2019
Russ Colchamiro
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Craig Shackelford
Timothy Hosek
Aug 30, 2019
E.A.C. Klemann
Oct 03, 2019

• The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Fortress of Solitude (Doc Savage, #23)
  • Rebellion (Omega Force #11)
  • Endeavour (The Sleeping Gods, #1)
  • The Last Stand (Blood on the Stars #14)
  • The Black Mountain
  • Prisoner's Base (Nero Wolfe, #21)
  • Spartan Gold (Fargo Adventure, #1)
  • Three Witnesses (Nero Wolfe, #26)
  • Before Midnight (Nero Wolfe #25)
  • Podkayne of Mars
  • Sol Arbiter (Sol Arbiter #1)
  • Tarzan the Untamed (Tarzan, #7)
  • Ghost Story
  • If Death Ever Slept (Nero Wolfe, #29)
  • Life at the Dakota: New York's Most Unusual Address
  • Champagne for One (Nero Wolfe, #31)
  • Three for the Chair (Nero Wolfe, #28)

News & Interviews