Start by marking “Third One (Those Other Books #3)” as Want to Read:
Third One (Those Other Books #3)

Third One

(Those Other Books #3)

It could have been just an innocent crush. Something guiltless and fleeting. But Luke spends every day with Marcus; they talk, touch and dance together, they create and perform together. They know each other inside out. As a consequence, Luke has been in love with his very much taken choreographer for years. Seeing Marcus and his partner Liam together has become increasing ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st, 173 pages
Published March 30th 2020 by Roe Horvat (first published March 26th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Third One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third One

Start your review of Third One (Those Other Books #3)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I love Roe Horvat and everything that he writes, and Third One was just as scorching hot as I was hoping it would be.

Historically, I have a much harder time with poly romance books than romance books with only two people in a relationship, though some of my favorite books feature a poly romance. However, they tend to be the exception. While I thoroughly enjoyed Third One, the actual romance of it wasn't as strong for me as in the first two books in the series.

The sex was there and the book was
Sheri
I love Roe.
I love Roe's books.
I wanted to love this book.
And...the world really must be ending because I didn't. *sob*
I liked it. I liked it just fine! But the love was missing for me here and quite frankly, I'm devastated.
I'll disclaim straightaway that I am VERY particular about the poly books that I read.
I recently read another "3 in the bed" romance by a favorite author that totally missed the mark with me.
This wasn't a miss but it wasn't a bullseye either.
Why?
I didn't feel the cohes
Cadiva
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Unashamedly sexual and sensual, Third One is a pitch perfect demonstration of how to write erotica packed full of emotional vulnerability.

With this tale, Roe shows how two can become three when all parties involved have the same desire - to make each other happy.

It's incendiary level hot, the way Luke is enveloped inside Marcus and Liam's relationship oozes with sexual chemistry.

But there's so more than just the sex. Luke gives Liam the impetus to slow his workaholic ways, for Marcus, he's som
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I want a Liam of my own. Where can I find one?

All I have to say is that Marcus is one lucky bastard because Liam, in all his broody, intense glory, is magnificent. No wonder Marcus adores him.

But Marcus, sweet and vulnerable, is in love with Luke too, and Luke pines after Marcus. The men have worked together (Luke as a dancer, Marcus as a choreographer) side by side for years, but Luke knows Marcus has a partner.

Luke and Marcus are miserable denying their love. Luke's internal monologues
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Well this was HOT. I'll certainly give it that. And so I'll round up to 4 stars.

But honestly, this wasn't that believable. I felt a bit lost, especially at the beginning. Like we were dropped in the middle of a story. So a bit more lead-up and development would have been nice.

Yeah, the three of them exploded off of the pages sexually, but that's about it. We didn't get enough story for me to believe that they were all in love with each other. Especially Luke and Liam. Luke and Marcus
Exina
3.5-4 stars
Lovely! Review later.
Ele
May 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, menage
*3.5 stars*

An angsty threesome where the third comes into an established relationship is my favorite kind of menage. I do think, though, that the sex was too much and relationship development was too little.
Vanna
4 Loved-It-Stars!!!! 😍💕 I love Roe's books 🤩, he writes erotica like no one I know. On top of that; a ménage à trois is one of my favorite story tropes, so I was super excited to check this one out.
Marcus and Liam are in a long-term relationship for almost a decade and are very much in love and quite content in their life. But a true test of their love comes when Luke (a dancer in Marcus's dance troupe) falls for Marcus and it seems like Marcus starts to reciprocate those feelings. This is just
Ariana
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-hot-hot, ku, lgbtq, m-m-m
I think I have been waxing lyrics about the beauty and sensuality of Roe’s writing with virtually every book he’s written. And it's not any different here.

I loved Liam and Marcus. I loved Marcus and Luke. I loved Luke and Liam.
Particularly once they get together and create enough steam to cause a thermal explosion.
But, as always with Roe, it’s never just steam without substance. It isn’t something many authors can achieve, namely that …

“Sex wasn’t just a basis for their relationship but an outle
Zaza
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Third one was my most anticipated reading of 2020, even if I'm not confortable with M/M/M books. But see, Roe Horvat wrote this one, so, I was really looking forward to read it, especially after this emotional scene in One in Between.

Like I said, I'm not really confortable when it comes to M/M/M books, and I haven't read many of them. I'm skittish because I always fear that one of them will be left behind, will be the "third one" or the fifth wheel and nothing more. So, with this one, I was out
Sophia Soames
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Roe Horvat is an automatic buy for me, his stories are never disappointing, and always contain that epic ultimate love story. Having these Other Books set in Sweden is a massive bonus for us Scandinavians, but doesn't take away from the story or make the reader feel lost. Luke is lost though, heartbroken from falling too hard for the man he knows he can't have. Marcus is torn apart with the sad broken man who longs for him and might ultimately leave him behind and Liam is just looking to make ev ...more
Denise H.
Book #4 in this amazing, super sexy series ! I love this author, Roe Horvat.
This story is about a menage relationship in the Netherlands for our threesome, Liam and Marcus, already established, adding dancer, Luke.

Liam, 46, a tall silver fox, businessman

is in a relationship with his love, Marcus, 37,

with dark curly hair and bright green eyes, a choreographer/dancer.

It is beautiful, expressive dancer Luke, 34, blonde and blue-eyed, who draws the attention of both men.

Luke is insecure and a
Rachel Emily
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Luke has been in love with Marcus for years. But Marcus is married to Liam, and even though Marcus might want Luke, Luke refuses to be the Third One - the odd man out, when Marcus and Liam have been together for a decade.

Roe Horvat is such a great writer. The flow of the words, the descriptive writing, it's just so, so very good. And while this series is VERY high on the heat factor - very sensual, erotic writing - there is also so much emotion and descriptions within the writing. Basically, I
True Loveislovereview
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, poly, lgbtq
Liam, Marcus, and Luke.

A sky-high intensity. My iPad melted in my hand. Not just a now and then intense, oh no, every line was an experience of overwhelming consuming intensity.

Liam and Marcus are partners like forever but since years Marcus heart also loves Luke, his beautiful unique dancer.
Luke is shattered, his eyes and heart follow Marcus everywhere, he loves him deeply but can never be with him. Luke is confused, every time his eyes meets Liam’s, Liam’s eyes are burning too. He has to dis
Zuzu
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Roberta Blablanski
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pardon me while I gulp down this giant glass of ice water.

The heat in Third One is off the flipping charts. The three guys are perfectly in sync.

Liam starts off as a difficult one to crack. I loved getting inside his head and watching him fall for Luke.

Luke is a tortured soul. His love for Marcus puts him at odds with Liam. His restraint and longing are what torture him. The build up is worth it when he lets go and allows the two men to welcome him into their arms.

Marcus is the sensitive one. H
Jewel
“What are we doing?”
“I don’t know. We might be falling in love.”

Loved it.
AGandyGirl
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
One word...

LIAM

Chris
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable read... intense heat and a building connection - almost there for me❤️
Alex
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I've alpha and proof-read this book :)

I've adored both previous books in Those Other Books, for slightly different reasons. I mean it's hard to have same reaction to Tyler&Joel and Christoffer&Adam. And I loved this one too! I've read it several times and I just... It's still hard to express how much I love it without it just getting into *flailing* territory.
I am always careful with erotica because the few times I gave it a try without knowing the author, I often found misogynisti
Joyfully Jay
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Third One is the third book in Roe Horvat’s sexy Those Other Books series. While Adam and Christoffer from Adam Only do play a side role here, this story stands alone and you could jump in here without having read the other books.

The story is interesting in that we jump in partway through the journey. Liam and Marcus are an established couple and their connection is very strong and clear. While Marcus and Luke are still dancing around each other, it is also obvio
dammit, liz
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-as-fuck
I’m a huge fan of this series and Roe’s writing in general, and this was exactly what I hoped. There’s a complicated dynamic between Luke, Marcus, and Liam. They have insecurities to work through, and Luke has his world turned upside down.

This is a shorter book and definitely focuses on the erotica aspect, but it’s Roe so you know you’re going to get deep feelings too. While Marcus already had a deep connection with both men, Luke and Liam are still discovering theirs. They’re all in very diffe
Tracy
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-m
Really enjoyable. Hot and sweet with just the right amount of sex. Everything about Liams character is sexy AF. Lost a star because these guys are supposed to be in their mid thirties and forties but Marcus and Luke come across as early twenties at the oldest.
Mandy Silman-Herbert
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
By now I’m pretty sure Roe Horvat is magical. I don’t know how else to explain how he can intermingle romance and the filthiest dirtiest smut so perfectly that it leaves you both swooning and fanning yourself.
If that wasn’t enough he threw in a snippet that made me cry ( no I’m not telling you, go read this fabulous book ).
M/M/M needs to be written properly to work and Roe did so perfectly, ( as I said, magical ).
I adored the small bit we got of Adam and Christoffer and am hoping to see Tyler
Mónica BQ
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm not loving these books. They are definitely erotic, but just with not much substance to them. And by book 3, not providing anything new.

Fancy, pretty lines don't make a plot.

If you are looking for incredible sex scenes, one after the other, go ahead with this one. 10/10 would recommend. But if you are looking for any type of relationship development, run away from this.
Anna
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It suppose to be erotica book, and it is. However I didn't expect those feels especially at the beginning of the book. This book broke me in beautiful way. You could feel the struggles, the longing ,the love between main characters . Sex was amazing. Roe's books are one of the best books I ever read . Amazing read. ...more
A.M. Leibowitz
Disclaimer #1: I was one of the editors, so my opinion is heavily biased by the fact that I usually take on editing jobs for books I know I will enjoy. Take that as you will.

Disclaimer #2: I am not a reader of erotica. So I can’t really evaluate this story on how well it fits with the expectations of the genre. I can only talk about it the context of my enjoyment of the story, the characters, and the series.

I should know by now that I can go into any book in this series without hesitation. The t
Staci
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got an ARC for the Third One and was so excited since I love this series! Luke was Adam's roommate and is also a dancer. He's had a crush on Marcus forever. But since Marcus has been with Liam for years, there was never any hope of a future. Until..... both Marcus and Liam fall for Luke. Luke has always been so lonely.

This was just as hot as Those Other Books and I really enjoyed it. This would make a great audio! 4.5 stars
Hasini
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spoilers

I read this book overnight.. I just couldn't stop reading lol🙈the way Luke pines after Marcus was like catnip to me. I loved the how the connection between Luke and Liam slowly developed.. From Luke not accepting to himself that Marcus and Liam wanted him to be a part of them permanently to slowly realizing he and Liam had a connection and then realising he doesn't want Marcus alone but Needed Liam too and then falling in love with Liam..I just loved Luke's side of the story..
Dawn Sister
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the absolute pleasure of beta reading this lovely story.

I love Roe’s books and when he started Those Other Books series I jumped at the chance to help with beta reading and arcs. Of course, it was his intention to write only one book to prove he could. Third One is the third novel in this series (there are shorts in between the other books). It is also, cleverly, about a third person joining an established relationship.
As with the other “Other Books”, there is plenty of hot, messy sex, be
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Third One, by Roe Horvat 1 5 Jun 25, 2020 09:02AM

• We Have Till Monday
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • The Redemption of River (Sex in Seattle, #4)
  • Spring Strings
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Angels in the City
  • Merry Measure
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Risk Takers (Off Limits #0.5)
  • Brighton Rock (Close Proximity, #2.5)
  • Happy Place (Rainbow Place, #5)
  • Show Me (Extracurricular Activities #3)
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Rule Breakers (Off Limits, #1)
  • Micah
Queer fiction author Roe Horvat was born in the former Czechoslovakia. Equipped with a dark sense of sarcasm and a penchant for Czech beer, Roe traveled Europe and finally settled in Sweden. He came out as transgender in 2017 and has been fabulous since. He loves Jane Austen, Douglas Adams, bad action movies, stand-up comedy, pale ale, and daiquiri, with equal passion. When not hiding in the studi ...more

Those Other Books (4 books)
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Beautiful Beast (Those Other Books, #4)

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....