Start by marking “Omni Legends - The Commander: Guardian of Utopia (Omni Legends #1)” as Want to Read:
Omni Legends - The Commander: Guardian of Utopia (Omni Legends #1)

Omni Legends - The Commander: Guardian of Utopia (Omni Legends #1)

The young privileged son Carter Sanders, who grew up on the human colony Utopia Beta, is drafted for military service. Together with new comrades, he learns to be a soldier in the following two years.
In the military base Osilon he learns close combat, the handling of weapons, new technologies and strategic basics.

Utopia is a militarily organized and corporate planet at
Published August 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Omni Legends - The Commander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Omni Legends - The Commander

Start your review of Omni Legends - The Commander: Guardian of Utopia (Omni Legends #1)
cyanus
Thanks to Netgalley again for making this available. Unfortunately I have to mark this one with DNF. I reached chapter 4 and decided not to continue, because I really couldn't get into it. I don't think I was the correct target audience for this book; it's supposed to be New Adult but it reads as if it were written for a way younger audience. I found the writing dry and unengaging, and there were a lot of sexist and racist undertones in the chapters that I read. There were quite a few intiriguin ...more
Dave Milbrandt
Dec 31, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book for an honest evaluation of its merits. While the time break between the prologue and the first chapter was ill-defined and threw off my self of the overall timeline, the rest of the structure worked fine. I liked the development of the military training, but the hot young people sleeping with hot young people seems a bit cliched from my point of view. It was a bit of a mixed bag.
C. Gonzales
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I loved this book! There is a lot between these covers. I loved the way the author stayed true to the Sci-Fi genre, but managed to incorporates thrills, drama, and even some laughs.

This is a book worth reading if you enjoy a good sci-fi ride. It is an adult oriented book that will take you on a quest and leave you wanting more.
Ed
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher for an advance copy in exchange for honest review.
I thought this was a fun read. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline. Son of an elite government employee drafted into the military and forced to grow up, meeting challenges he never dreamed of. Good story!
Amanda
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. I could not finish this book. The writing was too juvenile for me. And the MC just wasn’t very personable.
Ron Baumer
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great start for a new series. Good action, plot, and characters to keep your interest. A must read for Sci-fi fans.
Lindsey Roberts
Nov 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Full Review Here

The Commander is the first in a series by Kevin Groh. Originally written in German, the books have recently been translated, which is how I was able to request an English version from Netgalley. The book is due out tomorrow.

I thought the premise sounded great. I love books where a naïve individual must find themselves, and discover what they are truly capable of while being thrown into impossible situations. Unfortunately, it didn’t deliver.

Carter is the son of a wealthy and infl
Anna-Lena Bremer
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sci-Fi at its best

Carter Sanders has all the makings for a great protagonist: He has strengths, weaknesses, mysterious skills he doesn’t even know why he has them and he is very likeable. Seeing him growing closer to the other recruits while they live through their military training has been a lot of fun for me.
I especially love the universe the author has created, because there are so many aliens and planets that are ready for exploration in future books. I have read book 2 in German already an
Charlie D
Aug 16, 2019
Marc Hofer
Oct 02, 2019
Mnita
rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2020
Kevin Groh
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
walter l. coley jr.
Michael mcgruder
Nov 17, 2019
Sebastian
Nov 22, 2019

• Wolf Girl (Wolf Girl, #1)
  • The Last Human
  • The Henry Gallant Saga - Books 1-4
  • Lieutenant Henry Gallant (The Henry Gallant Saga, #2)
  • We, Robots
  • Wintersong (Wintersong, #1)
  • The Watchmaker of Dachau
  • Captain Henry Gallant (The Henry Gallant Saga Book 5)
  • Midshipman Henry Gallant in Space  (The Henry Gallant Saga, #1)
  • Haunted by Shadows (Demons of New Chicago, #2)
  • The Crown in Crisis: Countdown to the Abdication
  • Day Zero
  • Contact Front (Drop Trooper #1)
  • The Murders That Made Us: How Vigilantes, Hoodlums, Mob Bosses, Serial Killers and Cult Leaders Built the San Francisco Bay Area
  • Against Dark Tides (Beneath Black Sails # 2)
  • Orb and Arrow: Book I: Exploration