Start by marking “War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers” as Want to Read:
War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

“Hilarious, morbid, and sometimes oddly touching, War and Peas is amongst the best of the best in modern comics. You’ll be laughing out loud.” — Sarah Andersen, creator of Sarah's Scribbles

"One of the most exciting and funniest webcomics in the world," — Bored Panda

From the creators of the hugely popular Instagram comic War and Peas, this offbeat four-panel comic features
Published March 3rd 2020 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about War and Peas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about War and Peas

Start your review of War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
MischaS_
Dec 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
***Advance Review Copy generously provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.***

Okay, this book had the unlucky fate that I read this right after the Awkward Yeti which is a very tough competition and this book just could not compete.

I actually did not realise I knew this artist before but while reading this I realised that I knew so many of the strips which was not very good. (I stated several times before that I do prefer if these online arts to a book have more new content th
Chad
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some oft-kilter, 4 panel comics that may make you smile. There's nothing earth shattering here but I did find some humor. This is probably for a teen or older audience. There is some cursing and adult themes. The comics mainly revolve around a reoccurring cast of a robot, a dog, the Grim Reaper, a slutty witch (She refers to herself as such), a gay couple, and a kid ghost.

Received a review copy from Andrews McMeel Publishing and NetGalley. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the
Charlie
I really enjoyed this!

I'm not usually a huge graphic novel fan but I do enjoy short panel comics so I thought I'd give this a go. Specifically, I really enjoy the comics by these creators. I've been following them on Instagram for a while and I enjoy their content.

This collection was really fun. I particularly enjoyed the slutty witch and sentient robot panels, I'd love more of them. The slutty witch is my spirit animal!

The art style is simple but the comedy is great. Overall, I thoroughly enjo
Chesca (thecrownedpages)
An ARC was provided by Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for a review.

Whether you’re single, in a relationship, pining over someone, or just feeling dead inside, Jonathan Kunz and Elizabeth Pich’s War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers is the romantic humor for people who find reasons to laugh in the dark.

Maybe you’ll find yourself in the witch or the vampire she’s dating. Maybe you’ll relate to a robot’s unrequited love for its creator. Maybe you’re just a ghost looking f
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
2.5 Stars

I was really excited for this one, but didn't really find myself laughing hardly at all and found a lot of it quite boring.

Copy received from author in exchange for review. All opinions here are expressly my own.
La Coccinelle
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley, adult, comic
I've never seen the webcomic, so these comics were all completely new to me. Despite the subtitle, they aren't all that raunchy. There are only a few that wouldn't be appropriate for younger readers (most teens have probably seen worse, anyway).

I enjoyed some of the recurring characters such as the slutty witch, the two Bobs, the little ghost boy, and the robot. None of the comics were laugh-out-loud funny (at least, not in my opinion), but they are amusing.

I might have to check out the online v
Amber
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This was hilarious! I found myself laughing so hard at some of the comics in here! It’s a fun and sometimes morbid tromp into humanity and it was awesome.

The only reason why it isn’t a full five stars is because of all the suicide jokes which could be deemed harmful to some people. This contains a lot of dark humor, so if that isn’t your sort of thing then I wouldn’t recommend it to you.

For all those who like dark humor and don’t take it too seriously you will probably really enjoy this and fi
Annie
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog Nonstop Reader.

War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers is a collection of webcomics produced by Jonathan Kunz and Elizabeth Pich. Originally published on their webcomic War and Peas, this collection, due out 3rd March 2020 is 160 pages and will be available in paperback format.

The art is deceptively simple. The single page comics are in 4 panel format, with many recurring characters (Death shows up quite often, for example). The humor is ever so slightly off-k
San
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I enjoyed these comics so much - these made me laugh a lot. The humor in them is a little dark and twisted mixed with a little nerdy and feminism things and I absolutely love it!
I would highly recommend it for anyone with a dark sense of humor - they won't be dissappointed!
Resh (The Book Satchel)
This was a hilarious read; a fast one too. I came to know of the creators of these comics through Twitter. Later I found out how big they were! War and Peas is well worth the hype. These don't make you giggle, they make you laugh out loud, scream in laughter. I like how the characters reappear after some pages—it was a nice touch. Morbid, dark, wickedly funny. There are vampires, the Grim reaper, a witch trying online dating, ghost, robots, scientists—a mad, funny cast that are guaranteed to mak ...more
Maddie O.
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an arc of this book via NetGalley.

Some of this was super funny and some of it was kinda meh but overall it was enjoyable! I especially liked the use of recurring characters spread out through the comics. Would recommend if you have a darker/drier sense of humor.
If you familiar with the web comic War and Peas, then you know the humor here, a very dark, oddly funny four panels, with the kicker in the second and last panel. The main characters are Death, a witch, a dog, a robot and ghost. There are a few others, but those appear to be the ones used the most often.

I didn't find myself laughing out loud to any, though I did find them amusing.

It is the sort of book you would give as a joke, to people with the same dark humor as the authors.

Obviously, people
ℳacarena
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, comics
~This ARC has been gently provided in exchange for an honest review~

Comics with a dark and morbid humor. Quite original and funny.
There are several characters with their own strips, such as the Grim Reaper, a dog, a robot, and a witch (those are my favourites).
All the comics in the book are new, in case you follow War and Peas on instagram.

description

description

Etienne
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, absurd and dark humor in a web comic cartoons style. Very light for sure but it had me laughing a couple of time so no waste. Small piece of entertainment! Enjoyable!
Isaiah
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
To see more reviews check them out here.

I got an ARC of this book.

I  have seen this comic around for a while, but I couldn't have told you the name of it until now. The main ones I had seen were of Death and Slutty Witch. So it was really nice to read more than a comic every few weeks.

There is no cohesive plot through the comics. So reading straight through the collection is not necessary. You can read this any way that you like. You can skip to all the Death comics and just enjoy Death doing w
Marta
This silly volume collects the panels of the War and Peas web comic. There are several running themes, my favorite was the skateboarding death who loves his (her?) job. The humor is rather dark. Some jokes are dirty, others slapstick, some are just silly. I found it mildly amusing, neither too great nor too bad.
Rod Brown
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Amusing cartoons full of dark humor with several recurring characters whose slowly developing storylines occasionally cross over. In addition to Slutty Witch and the Grim Reaper on the cover, there are the seemingly immortal gay couple Bob and Bob, the very mortal Penny and her husband, the professor and her sentient robot, Good Boy the dog, and Gary the boy ghost. Worth a look if your taste in humor is a bit twisted.
BookCupid
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
I follow them on Instagram and just had to see what this book was all about.
Sabrina
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So, so funny. What else can I say?
Ella
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm what you'd call a "strict reviewer" and I rarely give out five star reviews, but when I turned the last e-page there were no doubts about how I'd rate this collection. Obviously, when it comes to humor what really matters is what kind of stuff you find funny, but to get a better sense of what's going on here I'll try to summarize for you:

All comics have four panels, and most are gathered on one page each, topped with a fitting (and often funny) title. A few comics are split on two separate p
Ken Yuen
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yeah this comic strip is a lot of fun. If you're not sure, just go read the webcomic then check out the book if you're hooked.
Anandi Puritipati
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating - 3.5 stars

I come across the War and Peas comics once in a while when I'm goofing around on the Internet, so I was excited when this ARC was available on Netgalley! I really enjoyed this collection. The humour is a little dry and dark, so probably not all of it is for everyone. But it's still entertaining! The art style is unique and accessible and despite the book being a collection of single page comics, there was some narrative there which was pretty cool! Would definitely recommend if
Raven Terry
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks NetGalley for this ARC, in exchange for an honest review. Ok, so I already love War and Peas, and clearly I have need of this wonderful book in both my personal and our libraries collection. Dark, twisted, witty comics that will have you chuckling out-loud. Yes, you will indeed chuckle aloud when reading this, beware, I realize this is almost a dead notion. How dare we express joy and agreement? I truly can't wait to get our copy so that I can read it, chuckle aloud in our somewhat peacef ...more
Irena
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
/I read this as an arc on NetGalley./

I was reading this comic on Tapas so when I saw there is an arc I had to read their comics again.
This is full of dark humor, witches, death, doggos.
This isn't for everyone and not all will find this funny. But for all readers out there with a dark sense of humor, this is the book for you.

But at the same time, some of the topics are drawn from everyday life and hard-hitting.
& She Reads
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was provided and ARC of this Via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Honestly this was absolutely freaking hilarious lol The art is super cute and if you love dry humor
this is 100% for you

I definitely want to own this book and go through it whenever I'm having a bad day lol

I won't give anything away (although im not sure if spoilers for something like this actually matters?)
but a certain Witch is my favorite character
Amber
Apr 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphics
some were funnier than others, but it would have been nice if they were organized into some sort of theme or by categories.
Vendea
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've received ARC from publisher via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers by Jonathan Kunz and Elizabeth Pich is a physical book version of War and Peas webcomic series that's still being published on authors' website. It's coming out in March 2020 in paperback form. Just as webcomic, it's in 4 panel format. It's totally not a read for everyone. I'd advise not to read it if you are under age of 18. It shows a very specific dark humour that might be
Alex Sarll
A collection of four-panel gag comics which at first appear to stand alone, but gradually stitch together into something more. Not only do characters such as the first sentient robot, the dog who's tired of being a good boy, the grim reaper and the slutty witch recur, but their next appearance will build on the punchline of their previous one, and occasionally they even cross over. Who knew the mania for shared universes would run so far? And it is definitely something closer to that than the us ...more
Katelyn
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is great for those who are already fans of the War and Peas comics as well as those who love dark humor mixed with nerdy and feminist humor for adults. For those who don't enjoy such humor, this wouldn't be a good fit. The book is a quick read but very fun.
Jess Smiley
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOL, LMAO, and ROFLOL. This collection of wonderfully wry comics celebrates everything I love about War and Peas. The grim gallows humor coupled with brightly-colored, endearing illustrations makes for an enjoyable wink at humanity. Thank you,War and Peas, and thank you Andrews McMeel!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Small Hours: A Mrs. Frollein Collection
  • The Awkward Yeti Presents: How I Broke Up with My Colon: Fascinating, Bizarre, and True Health Stories
  • Success Is 90% Spite: (The Pigeon Gazette Webcomic Book, Funny Web Comic Gift by @thepigeongazette)
  • Happily Ever After & Everything In Between
  • Poorlier Drawn Lines (Poorly Drawn Lines, #3)
  • I Left The House Today!
  • Bird Brain: Comics About Mental Health, Starring Pigeons
  • Fangs
  • That Can Be Arranged: A Muslim Love Story
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend