Start by marking “Neutral Grounds (French Quarter Collection #3)” as Want to Read:
Neutral Grounds (French Quarter Collection #3)

Neutral Grounds

(French Quarter Collection #3)

First comes marriage, then comes...love? Divorce? Let’s pretend this never happened ...

They say opposites attract and that couldn’t be truer when it comes to CeCe and Shep. But what happens when the two most anti-marriage people in the French Quarter start enjoying the act?

CeCe

I never planned on getting married. After my dad deserted my family the day before my tenth bi
Kindle Edition
Published October 10th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Neutral Grounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neutral Grounds

Start your review of Neutral Grounds (French Quarter Collection #3)
Jiffy Kate
Sep 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
NEUTRAL GROUNDS IS LIVE!!!!

Y'all, it's so crazy, but CeCe's story has been in our hearts for years! For those of you who don't know, she started out as Cami Benoit-Landry's friend in Chasing Castles. We always intended for her to have her own story, but the timing was never right. Until now.

We LOVE CeCe and Shep and we hope y'all do too!

Two people with a past?
Check.
A marriage of convenience?
Check.
Set in our beloved French Quarter?

COMING OCTOBER 10!!
lazybookconqueror
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forced-proximity
Neutral Grounds is like sunshine on a cloudy day.

A sweet interesting Contemporary Romance that brings you a delicious combination of two tropes: marriage-of-convenience and second-chance-romance. The result is a fun and light story.

I really enjoyed the French Quarter setting. It gives an extra layer to this romance and the supporting cast is delightful. You can really get the vibe of the town, and it feels populated, vibrant and exciting.

Cece is a great heroine. She's independent, resourceful
Cassandra Martin
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for CeCe's book since I met her in Come Again (yes I read the first two books out of order - both were still amazing!).

In order to gain Shep's inheritance, Shep and CeCe enter in a fake marriage with very not fake chemistry! Wow! Shep's views on marriage was purely that of a transaction, since that's how he grew up in his family, while CeCe's was protecting herself from getting left again.

It was very heartwarming to see Shep start to recognize his feelings, and even reach out
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Neutral Grounds by Jiffy Kate

#Review #MarriageOfConvenience

‘Turning toward CeCe, who up until this moment has remained absolutely quiet, I quirk an eyebrow at her, daring her to repeat it a third time.

“I will,” she says with a nod. “I’ll marry you.”

There is something so fascinating, captivating and provocative about romance stories that balance on the precipice of a marriage of convenience plot, because we all know that there isn’t going to be anything convenient about it at all. And in Neutral
Izzie d
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
In the prologue the couple have a ONS then the book starts 2 years later.

The Hero doesn't do relationships.

During separation heroine is celibate. The Hero isn't.
"I’ve thought about kissing CeCe again for the past two years. Her lips have haunted me as I’ve tried to erase her from my memory, replacing it with random women who never compared."

Other woman drama in the form of women his mother wants him to marry, one in particular, he's not interested.

No intimate scenes with anyone other than the He
Shannon
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Neutral Grounds is another highly engaging read from the duo Jiffy Kate. It is set in New Orleans and brings us back to some of the amazing places and characters we have met in previous books including Carys and Maverick, Avery and Shaw and of course Jules.

This book focuses mostly on the relationship between Shep and CeCe. They had a fling in the past which left CeCe feeling somewhat jilted, but now Shep is back and after his grandfather passes away, they find themselves in an unconventional ar
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Wildfire Marketing PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Neutral Grounds by Jiffy Kate dropped on my kindle at exactly the right time; just when I needed a little light – hearted book to counteract the heavy fantasy and thriller reads!

Shep and Cece’s connection is instantaneous; and they spend an amazing weekend togethe
Jenifer Briggs
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book landed on my kindle yesterday afternoon and I completely DEVOURED it!! I love the fake romance trope, and this was no exception!!

Shep and CeCe have such powerful chemistry, that I felt it radiating off the page! Two years ago, these two has an amazing weekend together, but the way CeCe made Shep feel spooked him, and he ghosted her. Ever since then, the two of them have been avoiding each other until Shep is faced with a predicament: he needs to get married before he can have access to
Polly Smith
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite writing duo, Jiffy Kate, brings us another beautiful book from the French Quarter of New Orleans in Neutral Grounds. In this wonderfully descriptive book, they tell the story of CeCe and Shep. From the first page this steamy couple fight their feelings for each other. Always in control, CeCe has had to take care of everyone else in her life and can’t let down her guard to find love. There’s always a exit plan, always a reason to keep her feelings from getting in the way. Shep was bor ...more
Caroline F
Love love love!

"If ever there was a woman I could see myself tied to, it would be her."

Two years ago Shepard Rhys-Jones and Cece Calhoun had a hot weekend together. Then commitment-phobe Shep basically ghosted her. She's never forgiven him, nor has she ever really gotten him out of her system. Now, Shep needs a wife in order to gain his inheritance. In a drunken moment, Cece volunteers herself. I mean, how hard can it be to be in a fake marriage with him for just a year?

As it turns out, it can
Avery Scott
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another hit by JiffyKate.

I was so excited to get a chance to read a pre-release copy of “Neutral Grounds”. This book contains many of the same characters from their other French Quarter novels, but can be read as a stand alone.

There are so many things to love about this book. First off, the concept is one of my all-time faves: forced marriage (in this case, Shep has to marry in order to collect an inheritance). I haven’t seen is done well in a contemporary setting until now. It works because She
Frances Hernandez
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate has taken us back to the french quarter in New Orleans with Neutral Grounds. I feel like I have returned home to family with this book. This writing duo knows how to pull you in with their characters and story lines so that you feel as if you are one of family of friends their stories are about. In this book we get to know these two wonderfully flawed characters - Shep and CeCe, both are strong and independent and find it hard to rely on others until CeCe offers to marry Shep, and the ...more
Nicole Guerrero
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cece and Shep spent a weekend with each other two years ago. They didn't leave it on good terms. Now Shep is back and he needs a wife to inherit. Cece drunkenly volunteers. Shep thinks of this as an sort of business agreement since he has strong feelings about not getting married. Cece's trying to protect her heart and has a fear of getting left again. It was great to watch Shep recognize his feelings and to watch their chemistry leap off the pages. This was a story I've been waiting for and it ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shep and CeCe spent one fantastic weekend together, then he ghosted her. Always feeling a little sting of disappointment when he's around she does her best to ignore him never quite having recovered from the weekend or the ghosting. Two years later Shep's moved to town, he was never able to completely forget CeCe but did his best to pretend to move on. In order to inherit his grandfather's money, Shep must be married for at least a year, stunned when CeCe volunteers to be his wife he snatches up ...more
Michelle
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. I am a fan of the “Marriage of Convenience” trope, but it is rarely done as well as in this book. Cece and Shep are dedicated to remaining single, until fate steps in and provides incentive for them to think otherwise.

It’s so common for these fake marriage stories to turn into insta-love, but that doesn’t happen here. You feel their connection early on, but see how they fight it when they are thrown together again. However, as they show us, some connections are hard to deny.

“What’s
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Somewhat of an enemies-to-lovers vibe! CeCe and Shep meet through the relationship of their mutual friends, and after chemistry continues to build up one visit, they feed into the temptation and spend a weekend with each other. Two years later, Shep has relocated to the same town CeCe lives in, and even though the pair haven’t been on the best of terms since that weekend, end up at the same party. When his grandfather unexpectedly dies, he returns home to find out that he is the only one in his ...more
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
Y’all I was sooo excited that CeCe's got her own book after I read about her in Come Again!! I freaking love when my favorite characters get their own spin offs!!!

"Do not pay attention to how he says your name. This man is a snake charmer, that's all"

Ohhh myyy Gahhhh, Y'all, I fell head over heels over Jiffy Kate's newest book Neutral Grounds. I had some laugh out loud moments, some swoony moments and some, OMG I am about to throw my kindle across the room moments!! Lol

Question: Would you consid
Debbie
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite author duo ha done it again! I love how Jiffy Kate writes a series that is entwined but could also be read as stand alones!

We've already met CeCe & Shep, But Neutral Grounds is THEIR story. They have a bit of a history. One hot weekend that went nowhere. And now things are a bit awkward. Their best friends' are engaged, so avoiding each other is basically out of the question.

CeCe is a strong, independent woman who has had to care for herself since childhood. Shep. Well Shep is a Rhys
Michelle Groover
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Need a caffeine fix? This is the book for you! CeCe makes a mean espresso and works hard at the business of making coffee and pastries for her customers.

Was great to catch up with CeCe and her friends. Though she was upset with Shep for ghosting her after their initial encounter, when he needed help obtaining his inheritance from his grandfather she selfishly stepped up, though at the time she was a bit tipsy.

What begins as a business deal starts to bloom into something more...something neithe
Danielle S.
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shepard “Shep” Rhys-Jones is mine. I need it known, that he’s all mine. He’s everything I love about a man wrapped into one fine specimen. Loving, caring, possessive, vulnerable, sexy, arrogant, commanding...I could keep going on and on.

CeCe Calhoun hasn’t had the best life but she’s worked really, freaking hard for everything she does have and she’ll be damned if she allows some stranger to take it all from her.

So, when she hears Shep saying he needs a wife to get his inheritance she offers h
Brooke between_the_pages_of_romance
This book was everything! Funny, emotional, gut wrenching, and swoon worthy. What started out as a business arrangement became so much more. Mr. I’ll Never Get Married was brought to his knees and he didn’t even see it coming. CeCe snuck into his heart just by being herself. Those are my favorite kinds of love stories. CeCe is Ms. Independent and doesn’t know how to lean on others. She has always been the one to let people lean on her. She has supported herself and others for so long, she doesn’ ...more
Rach
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate can just keep on writing, please. They know how to take a well-known trope and build on it, making the relationships deep and meaningful and the emotions they feel resonate.

Not quite enemies-to-lovers, but definitely different-sides-of-the-track, Shep and Cece bond over their differences and one another's drive. The sexual tension is off the charts, the chemistry is fun and spicy, and Cece is definitely not a "damsel in distress."

With two strong personalities, you get a ton of fiery
Stacey Gomez
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ah so our characters from the French Quarters are back and we are introduced to Cece and Shep. A fake marriage that slowly feels real. I loved the banter between Cece and Shep. I wanted to throw my kindle against the wall for the reluctance of feelings Cece and Shep were having for one another. I want to read the other books again to remember Maverick, Carys, Jules, Shaw and Avery. I love the family feel of these characters of friends. I love the writing style of these writing duos. I can’t wait ...more
LianaReads blog
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely story for some great characters that I’ we met in the previous book Come Again.
Fake marriage becomes friendship with benefits and of course life won’t let them just be.
I loved to go back in NOLA and visit old characters as well as making new acquaintances.
The writing is rich as always and gets you in the story without even realising.
The heart wants what it wants despite what the brain may think it’s better to do.

“If you love it, set it free.”

“Whoever said being in love was easy was a
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
CeCe and Shep right from the start had this chemistry that just made me excited to read this story. Once I understood what happened in the past, I just knew that Shep was gonna have his hands full with CeCe. But little did I know, CeCe was gonna be my favorite. Such a strong, fierce young woman.
Stefanie
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fake marriage, hot chemistry!

So many thoughts and feelings right now. I started this book and couldn’t put it down. This book was fantastic!! I loved Cece and Shep. The chemistry. The fake marriage. His powerful demeanor. Her sassy take no drama attitude. Seeing our favorite characters from previous stories, a wonderful surprise. I just loved everything about this book.
Andrea
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate has once again sent me straight to the internet to shop flights to New Orleans. Neutral Grounds is the perfect addition to this series and Shep -- oh Shep. He's pretty fantastic. I found myself relating to CeCe in so many ways and cheering her and Shep on as they maneuvered their way through each of their pasts, family drama, and feelings. ...more
Jen
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Jiffy Kate! This storyline had me turning the pages, could not put this book down.
Southern romance at it’s best.
I’m ready for the sequel letting us know what happens with CeCe & Shep!
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

This book hits you like five shots of espresso! So basically, it hits you with an extreme jolt.
This is CeCe and Shep’s book. We first met them both in Blue Bayou. Shep is Mavericks business partner and best friend from Dallas, Texas.

CeCe is the owner and operator of Neutral Grounds. She also happens to be BFF’s with Carys from Blue Bayou and Avery whom we met in Come Again. I love this series and honestly hope we continue to see it grow.

Shep and CeCe origina
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Heart Smart (Work For It #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Love at First Sight, #2)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • The One That I Want (Scorned Women's Society #3)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Marriage of Convenience (The Raven Brothers #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Love at First Sight, #1)
Subscribe to Jiffy Kate's Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/c_JFaX

Jiffy Kate is the joint pen name for Jiff Simpson and Jenny Kate Altman. They're co-writing besties who share a brain and a love of cute boys, good coffee, and fun times.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jiffykate
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jiffykatewr...

French Quarter Collection (4 books)
  • Blue Bayou
  • Come Again
  • Good Times (French Quarter Collection #4)