Start by marking “Park Avenue Player (A Series of Standalone Novels)” as Want to Read:
Park Avenue Player (A Series of Standalone Novels)

Park Avenue Player (A Series of Standalone Novels)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  16,099 ratings  ·  1,509 reviews
From New York Times bestselling authors Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland comes a new standalone novel.

It started out like any normal day.

Then the fender bender happened.

The guy I collided with drove an expensive car and was drop-dead gorgeous. Too bad he was also a total jerk. We argued over whose fault it was and any other thing that came out of his condescending mouth.

Event
Published September 22nd 2019 by C. Scott Publishing

·  16,099 ratings  ·  1,509 reviews

Start your review of Park Avenue Player (A Series of Standalone Novels)
Jamie
Sep 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Vi Keeland
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait for you to meet Hollis and Elodie!

PARK AVENUE PLAYER IS LIVE AND FREE TO READ IN KU!

Ebook ➜https://fave.co/2NurkHL

Amazon print ➜ https://fave.co/2ZjnGpE
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Authors}

”There are some people who come into our lives and take a little piece of our hearts when they go. So they’ll always have that love with them. But the heart is resilient and will eventually heal itself. Though the new heart isn’t the same as the old heart, and that’s why we never love two people the same way.”

I always love reading the collaborative works of Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland. These two have written some of my most favorite ro
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh I'm on the pink clouds right now. :)

Dilek VT
Sep 23, 2019 marked it as nope
Penelope Ward
Sep 23, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
PARK AVENUE PLAYER, my newest standalone written with Vi Keeland, is live! You can either purchase on limited-time release sale for $3.99 or borrow FREE in Kindle Unlimited! An emotional, sexy STANDALONE! Can’t wait for you to meet Hollis and Elodie!
Amazon: https://fave.co/30Icf7F
Amazon UK: https://fave.co/32WIi5m
Audio ➜ https://www.audible.com/pd/B07WQYDQJW...
Paperback ➜ https://fave.co/2ZjnGpE
naz
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers -

All my reviews seem to be just of the ramblings of a sleep deprived mad woman so here we fucking go again.

Everything was going well, I was honestly enjoyed reading the first half even with Hollis' point of views of the past which was all about Anna (ex). It didn’t bother me because it was over and he was trying to move on. BUT OBVIOUSLY, these authors had to go with this trope. I knew half way through that Bree was Anna. I’m tired. Again, with the exes? It wasn’t enough exes were the m
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
❤️5 STARS❤️

What a great read, it was sweet, sexy,fun and full of emotions.I loved the story a lot, the way the characters were met was fun!It was fast paced, with great characters and an addictive story!

Elodie and Hollis stole my heart, they have a great connection and they have some fun and intense moments!There is sexual tension and angst between them and this make every moment they have together entertained!

If you are looking for a great romance with the perfect amount of angst , some emotio
Diana
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grabbed this book a while ago because I like this writing duo, definitely not because of the cover 😉 . Although, the title of the book is kind of deceptive. I never thought the H was a player at all.

I did like both the h/H. Elodie was spunky and didn't take crap from anyone. There were a few eye rolling moments, but they fit in with the story. Hollis was also likeable, most of the time. Part of his storyline was a little overplayed, but again, fit in with the overall story.

The big surprise w
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 🤔😔⭐️s

This story was written with almost all the prerequisites to grip the readers.
Unfortunately I was not of of them. As soon as I read the last page I was left indifferent. The writing and the plot didn’t manage to captivate me or bring out emotions.
Regarding the twist towards the end, I found it very exaggerated, as another prerequisite to effect emotionally and create impressions.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description
(Would've been 4.9, but one of my romance hard limits made me take away .9 stars from my rating! ↓)

Elodie and Hollis.

She was on her way to him for a job interview. But instead she kinda crashed into his car. What she didn't know then was ... that he was possibly her new boss.

Of course she didn't get the job. At least not on that first day. But she tried again - and because Hollis is super overwhelmed since his 11 year old niece moved in with him two months ago - Elodie got the job!

And things are
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars ✨
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Elodie Atlier needed a new job. But a mishap before her interview nearly jeopardized her chance as an employee of Hollis LaCroix. Now she must prove her worth, but it’s getting harder as attraction sparked between them.

This book was not what I expected in a good way. It reminded me of the authors’ older works which I love.

Hollis had been playing a game with me. And I’d used it as evidence that things might have bee
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy, shelly
Y'all.

I. Am. Wrecked.

I did not even see this emotion explosion coming. I did not anticipate all the ways this story was going to touch my heart. I didn't expect to cry so much! And I didn't know my heart would fill to bursting in this delightful, joyful, glorious way.

From the amusingly spirited meet-cute, I knew I was in for a treat with Hollis and Elodie. Their chemistry sparked immediately and as their banter slowly heated - turning from antagonistic to flirty and sexy - it quickly became cl
Nova B
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Confession I read this duo to see if Chance makes a cameo. And he did in this one with my fave goat Yay!!! Oh it would have been great if he kept making that cameo it would have saved the book. I’m sorry but I don’t want to read about the hero still so much in love with his ex. She was his everything and he never really got over her. The man was going to marry her. This duo loves this trope and I’m actually tired of it. But again that darn cameo is why I put myself thru it.
Please stop it cause
Auntee
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All romance readers
Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland are magic together!

And so are Hollis and Elodie! It's rare for me to love BOTH the hero and heroine, but these two were utter bliss. The teasing, the snark, the sassiness, the underlying HEAT, the 'I hate that I want you but I do', the insurmountable walls around the heart....everything that led up to Elodie and Hollis becoming a couple had me on the edge of my seat.

I've read a lot of good romances lately, but this one was a cut above. This was one of those unputdow
Carol
great cover.....not sure whether I will read yet.......will wait for friend reviews that I trust.......as I never TRUST the "blurb" for books by these authors.....have been burned before......i.e. crazy OW drama...or a secret child....dead or alive exes that suddenly appear out of NOWHERE.......
*******************
2 stars ⭐⭐
Well I thought I would give this a go, while I still had my kindle unlimited membership and wouldn't you know - not only does the hero have an ex that he has never really got
Elizabeth
Sep 25, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope
Spoilers

I am so tired of this recent trend of heros who already have a love of a lifetime, and then authors expect me to swoon over a relationship with the heroine who is obviously second best, why do heros get TWO great loves, and a heroine only gets a sloppy seconds type of love as their great love? It's so frustrating that women write this crap. Yes. It happens in real life but this is a ROMANCE BOOK, that plot does not work in a romance book, and I seriously side eye any author who th
Cami
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-authors
4.5 Stars!

This writing duo is ALWAYS a slam dunk for me. The storylines are interesting and the books are sexy. This is definitely one of their best ones together.

I will say I figured something out early on but it didn’t take away from the story. I’m sure for the people who didn’t see it, it is possible they found this book even better than I did.

Hollis & Elodie’s love story is funny & sweet. There are some other aspects of the story that are very sad so you might want to be ready to go on a
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Another great, meet-cute, contemporary Penelope Ward/Vi Keeland collaboration!
Stacey is Sassy
I didn't see that coming...

I finished Park Avenue Player emotionally rung out and convinced this was the best Penelope Ward/Vi Keeland story I've ever read/listened to. I was on a high, feeling the love and completely mushy gushy. My review was going to be EPIC because I needed to share all of my feels.

Then, the high wore off and I started to think...

Why are the characters always so bloody beautiful and perfect? He's gorgeous with lots of money and a great job. She's beautiful, quirky and strong
Leigh
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it

Since I'm in the minority with this book I have decided to keep this review short and to the point. The first 50% of this book was 5 stars and exactly the fun and sexiness I love from this author duo. The second half 2 stars sorry but I didn't enjoy it at all and I couldn't wait to be finished. The hot and cold behavior of Hollis became tedious and I was done with him. The twist was awesome because I never saw that coming but it ruined their relationship for me and then it took a turn t
Rejane
Oct 02, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose
ROTFLMAO 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣
I know there’s second best... but being a left over is just not cool. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Read the comments in this review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

There’s a response from an author for one of reader’s questions. Just pathetic as the book. They underestimate our intelligence.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This story is another fantastic addition to the cocky men stories. Elodie and Hollis’ paths collide - literally - when they crash into each other whilst parallel parking. Who is at fault depends on whose version of events you believe but all Elodie knows is that this was not a great start to her day. However, an arrogant, self-righteous man will not get in the way of her making it to her interview on time. Except it turns out that he is the man interviewing her - whoops. Do first impressions rea ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ⭐'s

I just have to start off by saying that this book has the MOTHER of all twists that I totally did not see coming. HOLY COW...that was incredible.

Hollis and Elodie "meet" when they have a minor fender bender and neither of them are willing to take the blame. Things escalate when he finds out she is interviewing for the nanny he needs to hire. Obviously, he's not amendable but Elodie works her magic and with a little help from her charge.

The relationship between Elodie and Hailey was rea
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Love finds us all in different ways' Stars!

Wow, wow, wow! Well done Penelope and Vi, you keep surprising us with these brilliant collaborations so please don't stop, ever! Park Avenue Player is definitely one of the most emotional novels I've read by them and the one that has surprised me the most with its twist. I was not expecting that AT ALL and it made this novel such a wonderful read for me.

I loved Holis, Elodie and Hailey, how the story developed, the sexiness and those feels! My God
Funda Demir
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
The heroine is second best throughout the whole book. 🤦🏻‍♀️ literally the last sentence in the epilogue still has his ex’s name in it. Writers need to stop with this crap 😒
The Magical World of Reading
A hot mind-blowing tale of love and loss that will consume you right from the beginning and try to drown you in a sea of sorrow, but elevate you to the seventh heaven as well.
This is the story of Elodie and Hollis. The guy with the tough exterior, but endearing sol and the girl with good heart, sweet and sassy at the same time. She needed a job, he had the perfect one to offer, but can they forget the fender bender? Of course, he became her boss, she became his niece’s nanny. Banging the nanny,
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Reviewer✦
5 STARS!

Pics-Art-09-23-03-48-30

Park Avenue Player by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland was magical! Another phenomenal story by this dynamic duo!

Hollis LaCroix is a brooding, uptight jerk. And he had to be drop dead sexy, right? Indeed! However, life has thrown him lots of punches. Now, he's the guardian of his 11 year-old niece, Hailey (love her).

Elodie Atlier is smart, sassy, funny, and blunt. She balances Hollis' and his many different moods. She's also the nanny to Hailey. The pair develop a special bond and friend
Anna
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 stars
I went blind, didn't read others reviews.
So, I quite like this one.
Well, there is an ex, and she did a number on him... I think this duo don't know how write a story without any ex.
Hero was celibate for some time before meeting heroine. But I ripped off some stars because he almost had sex with other woman (to bleach heroine from his mind with other woman, tsk tsk tsk) and heroine was almost a witness.
Suddenly he was an uncle living with his 11 years old niece. He didn't bring different

• Dirty Letters
  • Mister Moneybags
  • Inappropriate
  • Stuck-Up Suit
  • Happily Letter After
  • The Invitation
  • The Rivals
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • All Grown Up
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Italian
  • Beautiful Mistake
  • Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)
  • Forever and All the Afters
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • Accidental Rebel
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beau