Start by marking “Dex (HC Heroes #3)” as Want to Read:
Dex (HC Heroes #3)

(HC Heroes #3)

Too stubborn not to butt heads…too attracted to each other not to fall into bed.

Dexter “Dex” Wright is never wrong. It’s not an ego thing, it’s a fact reflected by a drawer full of military medals and commendations. He’s great at protecting people, and even better at guarding his heart—skills honed by a stint in Delta Force and from growing up in the system. But daily co
Published September 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dex

Start your review of Dex (HC Heroes #3)
Ginny Pearson
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rylee is tired of being hindered by her family and her brother's friends. They all treat her like she is made of glass.
Dex has always had Rylee's back especially with Gabe. Gabe is her brother and way over protective since her accident.
Rylee wants to be an investigator. A case has come up and she has convinced Mac to give her a chance. Dex will be her backup. She is still mad at Dex for breaking up her engagement.
Things heat up between Dex and Rylee. When Rylee finds out the case she was help
Katherine Horvath
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
DEX: I like how Dex went with the flow between his job and his reaction to Rylee. I loved Lexi the bird he was a trip but got everyones attention. Fantastic writing and gret addition to the series. I loved bond between the military brothers. They all work well together and care about each other as family. Even though Dex swore of women in relationships but he can't flick the sparks that he has for Rylee. I really enjoy this story and the relationship between Rylee and Dex. ...more
CYNTHIA
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Yay for Rylee

I love these characters with their smart mouths, brave hearts, quick wits and laughable sense of humor. The next story can't come fast enough. Please keep them coming.
The Redhead
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing hero/heroine to love. The chemistry, push/pull between Dex and Rylee keeps me reading with a need to know how they will finally figure out they are exactly what the other needs. Donna Michaels writes my favorite HEA's.
I love the way Ms. Michaels laces the heat with humour. Lex the cockatoo is hilarious with his inappropriate words and comments. He's an original character who connects each of the books in the HC Heros series with laughter.
Stacy J.
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.

Dex has been interested in his buddies little sister Rylee but he has kept it to himself. Not wanting to ruin the bro code. However he has been supporting her behind the scenes since he met her.

Rylee was injured as a teenager and since then her family has wrapped her in a bubble. Desperate to break out she moves away and starts a new job that she hopes that will progress to something more. They only thing that makes her unsure is Dex and her longstanding issue with him
Trudy Dowling
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harland County here I come. Donna Michaels has the ability to write amazing characters. These are people you want to get to know and accidentally bump into in real life. You, okay I want to belong to this great group of supportive accepting friends.

Rylie has come to Harland County to escape her over protective parents. Of course she still has to deal with her hovering over protective brother, Sheriff Gabe. She also gets to deal with Dex.

Dex works for Mac in the security firm that Rylie is comin
Debbie Collins
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Dex" is the third book in the Harland County Heroes series and it is a great little read. Dexter has wanted Rylee for a lot of years, but she is the sister of one of his military buddies, so that means hands off. Rylee is sexy, independent and just wants to prove that she has what it takes to be an agent, she doesn't want to just sit at a desk. But all her family feels like she needs protecting and wants her to find a safe job, but Rylee doesn't like to be coddled.
This book is filled with roma
Eileen McCall
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third in the HC Heroes books and this one may be my favorite. Dex and Rylee have a history, though there is much more to it than Rylee knows. Dex has wanted her for years, but won’t act because she is Gabe’s sister. Rylee finally talks Mac into letting her do some investigation to help the company as long as there is no danger involved. But, Mac sends Dex in also to ensure Rylee stays safe. The chemistry between these two characters is explosive. I thoroughly enjoyed Dex with its’ talkative ...more
Emily
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Dex" (Harland County Heroes Book 3) by Donna Michaels is a fantastic read. I loved Dex and Rylee's story. I enjoyed catching up with Mac, Stef, Carter, Mel, and Abby. Lex cracked me up. This story is full of hunky military men, romance, passion, interesting characters, close friends, family, humor, and more. I can't wait to see what happens next with this entertaining group of characters. Highly recommend to all fans of romance, military, and series. ...more
Sandy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story

The author portrays the feelings of both the hero and heroin very well. Rather you are being protected when you feel you don't need it or protecting someone you love when you are told, even when you feel you shouldn't, you have to put yourself in the other person's place to know why they feel as they do.
Melinda Swaine
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loooove Donna Michaels romances.

I loooove Donna Michaels romances. Everything about them is just right! She creates a fantastic world and as a reader I want a thousand books in each of those worlds! Dex has all of that! Wow! Pick this series and book! So satisfying. Trust me you won’t be sorry!! Happy reading!!
Terry Kemmitz
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dex

I really am enjoying Donna Michaels HC Heroes series. Dex and Rylee have many hurdles to overcome including friends, relatives and even work, in order to find their HEA. Throughly enjoyed Dex and Rylee!
Pamela
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

Rylee a women who wanted her independence
Dex a man who has loved a women half a decade. Loved this book, the characters yes even the bird. The emotions leaves you breathless and with teary eyes. I cant wait to read more. Well written journey you will enjoy
Nancy Mathias
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dex

This is a book that gets you from the start. Did not put it down til I finished. Sweet,sexy and hot.
Colleen Van Buskirk
Sep 05, 2019
Sharon
Sep 25, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Clay (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #8)
  • Shielding Jayme (Delta Team Two, #4)
  • Ryker (Hope City, #6)
  • Tate (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #6)
  • Levi (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #7)
  • Blake (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #5)
  • Our Time (Baytown Boys #11)
  • SEAL at Sunrise (Silver SEALs #12)
  • Destiny's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Delta Team Three #2)
  • Shielding Aspen (Delta Team Two, #3)
  • Sweet Rose (Baytown Boys #10)
  • Ivy's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Delta Team Three #4)
  • Breaking Silence (Delta Force Strong #1)
  • Kyle (Hope City, #5)
  • Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes Book 15)
  • Rory (Hope City, #7)
  • Shielding Kinley (Delta Team Two, #2)
  • Drew (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #4)
Hi there. Thank you for checking out my profile.

I live in Northeast Pa where we experience all four seasons, although, I wouldn’t mind hanging onto summer a bit more and winter a bit less. I’m married to a career military man; we have four wonderful children, and an assortment of rescued cats. Never a dull moment in my household!

I'm excited to say I'm an award winning, NYT & USA Today Bestselling

HC Heroes (8 books)
  • Mac (HC Heroes #1)
  • Carter (HC Heroes #2)
  • Gabe (HC Heroes Series Book 4)
  • Cooper (HC Heroes Series Book 5)
  • Dean (HC Heroes Series Book 6)
  • RJ (HC Heroes Series Book 7)
  • Hunter (HC Heroes Series Book 8)

News & Interviews