Start by marking “The Night's Dawn Trilogy (Night's Dawn, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Night's Dawn Trilogy (Night's Dawn, #1-3)

The Night's Dawn Trilogy (Night's Dawn #1-3)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  820 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The Reality Dysfunction and The Neutronium Alchemist chronicled an epic, far-future struggle set in a universe of thrilling complexity. Multiple worlds, alien races, two types of future humanity, and uncountable forms of fascinating future technology make up the universe created by Peter F. Hamilton. The "reality dysfunction" is a break in the fabric of reality that allows ...more
Published (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Night's Dawn Trilogy, please sign up.

travelgirlut
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I read the first book in this trilogy on it's own, then picked up this combo to read the last two. It is a loooooong series. After reading the first I wasn't sure I wanted to continue reading because it gets pretty harsh and gory in places, but I really wanted to find out how everything got resolved. So I pressed on. And while there was still more nasty depravity in the second and third books, the story just kept me going. There were parts, pretty much anything having to do with Quinn Dexter, th ...more
Farès
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great ride and I enjoyed every page of these substantial books, (thousands upon thousands of pages that took me two and a half month to read). The characters were well developed and fun, the world was incredible, and the plot wonderful... The only downside was the ending, it was not very logical, but hey! at least all loose ends were tied.
John Boettcher
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my first dip into the works of Peter F. Hamilton and let me say it was a good one. From the first couple of pages until the final pages on the last page of "The Naked God", this series was great!

Hamilton incorporates so many elements into his books that it is refreshing to see so many different aspects brought together into something that works.

The three books are long. Really long. We are talking well over a thousand, small typed pages apiece, but the books are incredibly easy to read
Brendan
Jul 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the largest cohesive work of fiction I've read. It's larger than a lot of 10 book fantasy series out there. So although I started in May and didn't finish until September, I don't feel that bad about it. It's really 3 books anyway (hence, "trilogy") but it's really more like 7 because in the printed version the books were too big to make as single volumes, so they had to be split up.

Anyway, I was daunted by the size before I started. This was the last thing sitting unread on my
James Riley
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Best motherfucken series EVAH.
Tim
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A spectacular 3000 pages; vast-spanning sci-fi epic with a fascinating take on the afterlife. The ending may be (view spoiler).
Fantastic read. I already miss this universe.
Lee Belbin
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This would have to be the longest book I have ever read. At 3,000 pages (more than twice War and Peace!) it is truly a saga of epic proportions. I give it 4-stars as the ideas presented are interesting/novel and the interweaving stories make it hard to put down and as I like to say, an E for effort. It is blend of science fiction, religion and philosophy. Set a few centuries into the future, many of the technical advances sound plausible. It lost a point and got me frustrated in some blatant inc ...more
Edward B.
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, space-opera
Drew Schott
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be the best and longest hard sci-fi trilogy I've read. It kept my interest up the entire time.

Totaling over 3,600 pages, in the end, I wish it would have kept going.

Peter F Hamilton's view in this universe he created is amazingly large and thorough.

This was an awesome mix of space action, hard sci-fi, bad boy/good boy space captains, space zombies, super ships, weaponry, and cyborg like humans.

One of my favorite concepts in it, though not a large part of the story, is a man who h
M. K.
Jan 09, 2017 added it
maybe i'm the only guy, maybe i'm the chief weirdass in here but this book read like it had been edited to death near the end
i felt like i just hadn't had enough time to get to know any of the characters arriving later in the book and it was difficult to care for the arcs introduced after the first book or honestly a lot of the arcs in the first book
there's a state of mind where one could theoretically argue that this was an intentional attempt to convey the scale/speed of the events occurring i
Troy
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Short review, LOOOOONG read :) I read all three back to back, sheeze by the time I finished the last book I was ready for it to be over with. Very good writing style, storyline kept me turning pages and staying up way late just to see what was going to happen next. Well developed characters although there were so many I did find myself a little confused as to who was who. Very enjoyable read.
Jim
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like Hamilton's other works, it is dense and filled with BIG IDEAS. Also like Hamilton's other works, it's space opera so if you like that type of science fiction or you've read other titles by Hamilton, you'll like this. I still have the Void trilogy to read but I enjoyed this nearly as much as the Commonwealth (Pandora's Star/Judas Unchained) duology.
Aleph
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Dupa semnificatia notarii, trei stele inseamna ca mi-a placut. Imaginatia autorului a fost greu de tinut in frau, de aceea trilogia e greu de citit. Traducerea in limba romana a ultimei parti, "Zeul adormit" e absolut mizerabila.
Ian Kester-haney
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have ever read. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in a cultural science fiction book. After reading this book, I got completely hooked on Peter F. Hamilton and have subsequently read every book he has written.
Culinaria Daniela
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Best sci fi book I have ever read
Mykolas Mankevicius
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My most favorite sci-fi books!
Leon
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Zombies in space... What's not to like?
Alice
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
I finished reading the first book. It it well written, but it takes forever until something actually starts happening. I will definately read the two oher books.
Dan
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Epic, and awesome. Space opera at its finest.
Jessica
Jul 05, 2014
Alexey Popov
Sep 26, 2014
HUGE ebook 1 14 Jan 29, 2010 05:25PM
  • The Ecologic Envoy (Ecolitan Matter, #3)
  • The Thousand Emperors
  • Starfarers
  • Deep Future
  • War in Heaven (Veteran, #2)
  • The Technician
  • Expectation (Ghost Targets, #2)
  • Uncharted Territory
  • The Secret History of The Last Colony
  • Skylark Three
  • Exodus (Starfire, #5)
  • Merlin's Gun
  • The Shiva Option (Starfire, #4)
  • An Honorable Defense (Crisis of Empire, #1)
  • Hidden in Sight (Web Shifters, # 3)
  • The Golden Transcendence (Golden Age, #3)
  • Distress (Subjective Cosmology #3)
Peter F. Hamilton is a British science fiction author. He is best known for writing space opera. As of the publication of his tenth novel in 2004, his works had sold over two million copies worldwide, making him Britain's biggest-selling science fiction author.
More about Peter F. Hamilton...

Night's Dawn (3 books)
  • The Reality Dysfunction (Night's Dawn, #1)
  • The Neutronium Alchemist (Night's Dawn, #2)
  • The Naked God (Night's Dawn, #3)