Start by marking “Can't Fight This Feeling (Indigo Royal Resort, #1)” as Want to Read:
Can't Fight This Feeling (Indigo Royal Resort, #1)

Can't Fight This Feeling

(Indigo Royal Resort #1)

Watching another man hit on the woman he loves was the final straw.
Kyle was over being relegated to the friend zone.
For five long years, he has worked alongside Drea, his best friend, and the woman he can't live without.
He may live on a resort and work his dream job as a boat captain, but it won't feel like paradise till she is finally in his arms... and in his bed.
Unt
Published May 4th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Can't Fight This Feeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Fight This Feeling

Start your review of Can't Fight This Feeling (Indigo Royal Resort, #1)
Ashley Reading Stewardess
From readingstewardess.wordpress.com: There were many times throughout this book when I found myself laughing out loud so hard that I almost fell off the couch and caused both my dog and my Mom to look at me out of concern that I had lost my mind.

Claire has managed to craft together a wonderfully human story of friends becoming lovers without going over the top or making anything too extravagant or over the top.
Read more: https://readingstewardess.wordpress.c...
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can’t Fight This Feeling is the debut novel from Claire Hastings and I CAN NOT WAIT to see what is coming up next for her. This book completely sucked me in to the tropical paradise resort that is full of love and family.

Drea had an unconventional life growing up. She lost her parents tragically when she was 6 months old, but was raised by her three overprotective uncles in the Caribbean resort. Kyle works for the resort as one the boat captains and is also Drea’s best friend. I loved the easy
Michelle (love.4.books)
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-reads
I fell in love right away with this book. It took me into this amazing resort, working with friends and family. I felt like I was in this little world build in St. Tomas.

Drea and Kyle, being friends for 5 years... well, best friends had their reasons to hide the feelings they had for each other. You get to know these two in a way that you feel their emotions of how they're feeling. You start wanting these two together and fall in love with their story. It was so heartfelt, you had all the feels
Breanna
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Drea Miller loves her life living at Indigo Resort, her overbearing and lovable uncles, and Kyle Egan. She’s tired of just being the best friend but is scared to make a move.

Kyle Egan has wanted Drea Miller from the time he first got hired by her Uncle Grayson. But fear of losing his job has him tongue tied.

What happens when the two finally give in is swoony, steamy, with dashes of humor, wisdom and tears. Add in hilarious side characters and epic groveling and Can’t Fight this Feeling is more
Kate R
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Can’t Fight This Feeling is a debut from a new author, Claire Hastings. It’s a steamy friends to lovers romance set at a resort on St. Thomas. Kyle and Drea have been best friends for 5 years, but both are hiding feelings for each other. These two were well rounded characters, who were easy to like. Drea has 3 uncles that all run the resort both Kyle and her work at. They were a wonderful addition to the story, with great character development. The descriptions and details of the island life was ...more
Jessica Alcazar
From Claire Hastings comes a fresh, fun, and unputdownable romance where having a crush on your best friend isn't the biggest secret at the Indigo Royal!

Don’t miss the first title in the Indigo Royal Resort series, CAN’T FIGHT THIS FEELING, releasing on May 4th!

Pre-order your copy TODAY!
Amazon US | Amazon UK
Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Sarah Louise
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
With its resort hotel setting and ocean excursions, this had a perfect summertime feel!

Raised by her three uncles on their family-owned resort, twenty-six year old Drea has her life practically planned out for herself. Despite her secured upbringing, she often wonders if there’s something out there she could call her own.

On top of that, with a five year friendship behind them, Drea desperately wants something more with her best friend, Kyle. The hidden feelings are mutual, but as an employee of
Sharon
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite friends to lovers books

This book made me laugh, cry, and soon all at once.

The uncles were great. Kyle and Drea were a wonderful couple, but i really wanted to smack Kyle on more than one occasion. I am glad they got their HEA.

I hope both Dalton and Lee get their own books.
Wendy
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Drea has been raised by her 3 bachelor uncles at their high end resort on St. Thomas. Kyle has worked for them for the last 5 years and has been her best friend. Both have secretly been crushing on the other but were afraid to admit it. What happens when they admit their feelings?

This was my first Claire Hastings book and I am hooked. Can't Fight This Feeling is a story that will bring you a range of emotions. You will laugh and get angry at this sweet friends to lovers story. I LOVED the uncles
Amanda Wright
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Drea has had a very unique upbringing. After an tragic accident, she ends up being raised by her three uncles who own a resort in the Virgin Islands. As an adult, she now works there, but has dreams of more.
Kyle has been working at the resort for five years and Drea has become one of his very best friends. He’s always wanted more with her, but also has other goals he’d like to reach before he can pursue her in that way.
This has all the swoony feels you look for in a friends to lovers romance. As
Angela's Book Addiction
*** 4.5 Stars ***

Can't Fight This Feeling (Indigo Royal Resort #1), Claire Hastings's debut novel, is a contemporary, friends to lovers, workplace romance told in the third person.

Drea Miller loves living and working at the Indigo Royal Resort where she was raised by her three uncles. She dreams of adding a spa to the resort someday. She's also been harboring feelings for her best friend and coworker, Kyle.

Kyle Egan loves his job as the resort's charter boat captain. He's able to send his mom mo
Lilly Charysma
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
A beautiful friendship that slowly turns into more – this is what we have in this debut novel. Kyle and Drea have met 5 years ago and since then they have been inseparable. Each harbors more than friendship feelings for the other, but both are afraid to ruin something beautiful.

There are a lot of things I liked in “Can’t Fight This Feeling”. Of course, the first is the romance and the struggle our main characters face when deciding to take the next step. Kyle always acts as protector for Drea an
Mandy
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book had everything and I adored it. I thought I wanted a slow burn romance here, but turns out, getting right into the meat of the story was even better.

First off, I want to say that the secondary characters were my favorite part of this book. Claire Hastings could not have written better, funnier, more lovable characters in Drea’s uncles (amazing dialogue, btw) or Dalton if she had tried. **Can we take a moment and swoon over Dalton? 😍** I loved all of her uncles, but especially Miller.
Katie Taddei
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a cute story. Most of the romance that I read has an element of dislike between the two main characters so this was refreshing to have that pleasant personal relationship from the start. It's such a relatable story (minus being in the Virgin Islands - but wouldn't we all love to be there!) that its easy to feel yourself in the characters. Leona and Dalton provide some great laughs and side commentary throughout the book, and the 3 lovable uncles feel like they could be your own ...more
Isha Coleman
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Can't Fight This Feeling (Indigo Royal Resort #1) by: Claire Hastings

A fresh voice has hit the scene determined to make her presence known. Can't Fight This Feeling, feels like lightning in a bottle. The impact is swift, powerful and beautiful to watch. Hastings puts hearts on notice with a captivating voice and a flirty sense of humor. Kyle and Drea are an irresistible breath of fresh air that makes the senses tingle and the heart rejoice.
Ebonie
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off, I wish Indigo Royal Resort was a real place - because I legitimately want to go. Claire did such a fantastic job with the setting of this picturesque resort that I felt like I was actually there while I was reading. I love all the characters, too; the uniqueness of their relationships, the way their lives all interconnect to run this amazing resort.

And then there's Drea and Kyle, the heat so strong between them that it practically combusts before they finally admit their feelings. I e
S.P. Dawes
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

I loved this sweet story with plenty of angst. Loved the family dynamics and the strength of the different relationships.
J. E.  Adams
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good things do come to those who wait. Drea and Kyle had to maneuver her uncles, which were not always supportive. But, eventually, how could they not find love in the US Virgin Islands?
I like how the story unfolds. You can see and feel how deeply those two have already fallen for one another but just not acted on it. And they even needed a couple of nudges to finally do what they should have sooner.
The book was straightforward to read and kept me moving along. Just as every author should do,
Lindsay  Davis
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book by Claire Hastings, I cant wait for more in this series! Wonderfully written and you will root so hard for Kyle and Drea. Good love story with some very steamy moments, definitely a great read!
Lisa Dryden
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love friends to lovers stories and this is another to add to my collection.

Claire is a new author and I will be reading more of her books definitely.

Can't fight this feeling is a fresh new read that hooks you in from the start. It has passion, love and a lot of laughter.

Drea and Kyle ae amazing and their feelings jump right out of the page, you want them together as much as you want your next breath so much so I couldn't put it down and read the whole book in one sitting.

I did not
Susan Gorman
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tourists choose the Indigo Royal Resort for its all-inclusive amenities. Located in the Virgin Islands, the high- end resort offers snorkeling, catamaran excursions and miles of private beaches. The luxurious setting and the friends to lovers romance drew me into Claire Hastings’ novel Can’t Fight This Feeling immediately.
Andrea Miller and Kyle Eagan are employees of the resort; not guests. Drea enjoys working at the indigo Royal; her family’s resort and has been a little bit in love with Kyle
bibliophile.43
🌊-Can’t Fight This Feeling by Claire Hastings
🌊- * 𝘢𝘳𝘤 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸*
🌊-𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5
🌊-𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 : Can’t stop this feeling was a really enjoyable read for me, I was a bit skeptical at first to be honest because I’m not a fan
of Friends-to-Lovers because most of the books in this trope just make it all about the misunderstanding between the characters which I find kind of boring and unnecessary… but with this book it was everything I
Natalie - FerryGoodBooks
Have you ever read a book by an author that you didn’t enjoy, but still wanted more from them?

There is nothing I enjoy more than a friends-to-more romance trope and when my BFF told me about this one I knew I had to read it right away. This was my first book by this author and for me it was a bit of a disappointment.

The writing was flat for me, and what really made this story hard to read was the choice of dialogue for the characters. I am all for terms of endearment. I love when characters use
Tales Of A Bookbug
Can't Fight This Feeling is a super cute friends-to-lovers romance from debut author Claire Hastings!

Friends to lovers is one romance trope that I never really liked much till a few years back.After reading some solid books with this trope during the last year, I've pushed myself to read more romance books which have a similar premise and I'm really liking it!

This book follows Kyle and Drea, a pair of best friends who work together and are secretly crushing on each other without knowing that the
Jennifer Pierson
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can't Fight This Feeling was a very good debut by new author Claire Hastings, and I really look forward to what she releases in the future. Kyle & Drea has been best friends for 5 years, with both hiding secret feelings for the other, and isn't that always frustratingly fun?! I end up talking to my kindle throughout trying to make the characters do my will. They work together at a resort on St. Thomas with her uncles running that resort. Those uncles tried to steal the show for me, but alas, I n ...more
Fiona
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set in beautiful St Thomas, this is a friends to lovers story. Kyle and Drea have been friends for 5 years. They work and spend time together at the resort owned by her three uncles. Slow to finally admit their feelings for each other and with a little nudging from meddling friends/uncles, they soon heat up the pages as they give into their desire. Not everything is smooth sailing and a family secret has the power to through their relationship off course. Along with Kyla and Drea, there is a gre ...more
My Introvert Romance Blog
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can’t Fight This Feeling by Claire Hastings

What a beautifully written contemporary friends to lovers romance. It is sexy, funny and utterly addictive.

I am a lover of angst and a bad boy but this book was a refreshing and very welcome read for me. Kyle and Drea are two very lovable characters, Kyle being the sweet swoony type. I love the island setting, and I definitely could feel myself being transported there.

I’m super curious about Dalton and I know I’m no where not done with this author an
Come_read_with_me_
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is so sweet! If you have ever seen the movie three men and a little lady you will love this book!

Drea has been brought up by her three uncles after her parents were killed in a terrible accident. Working in Indigo Royal Resort in St Thomas as it's ups and downs. One would be secretly loving your best friend and having to work with them every single day as guests swoon over them, also with three protective uncles looking over your shoulder.

This book is so sweet! It was an easy quick rea
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st in a new series and is Kyle and Drea’s story. Kyle is working his dream job as a boat captain at the resort, and his best friend is Drea who is his boss’ niece. Kyle is fed up with just being in the friend zone and decides it is time to up his game and get the woman he loves. Can these two moves on from friends / lovers? This is a well written tale which is sweet, fun, and entertaining. I was hooked throughout and look forward to reading more from this author whose work I recomme ...more
Celia Nott
Take a trip to the Virgin Islands and fall in love...

...with Drea, Kyle and the entire Indigo Royal crew.
This book was a delight. Fresh and fun with memorable characters, CFTF is everything you want from a good beach read. I laughed and teared up and simply enjoyed the story. My one complaint would be that Kyle is almost too perfect, but isn't that the joy of a book boyfriend? They are that little bit of perfect that isn't always a part of real life.
Oh, and Simone is everything. For sure I want

• Stripped Down (Sonoma, #1)
  • Mowed Over
  • Revved Up (Sonoma #3)
  • The Beat of My Heart (A Broken Hearts Series, Book #2)
  • To Dance Again
  • Beneath the Stars (Sugarlake, #1)
  • Cross My Heart
  • The Age of Innocence
  • Like You Love Me (Honey Creek #1)
  • Shade
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • After the End
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • No Good Deed
  • Saving His Heart
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Unbreakable (Kohl Family, #2)
Claire Hastings is a walking, talking awkward moment. She loves Diet Coke, gummi bears, the beach, and books (obvs). When not reading she can usually be found hanging with friends at a soccer match or grabbing food (although she probably still has a book in her purse). She and her husband Drew live in Atlanta with their fur-child Denali.

She can be found here:

Instagram | Facebook | Reader Group |

Indigo Royal Resort (3 books)
  • Caught Up In You (Indigo Royal Resort, #2)
  • What I Like About You (Indigo Royal Resort, #3)