Start by marking “Return to Edisto” as Want to Read:
Return to Edisto

Return to Edisto

Return to Edisto Island in the rich, Lowcountry story of a young woman's difficult decision to run from threat and danger, changing the course of her well-ordered life and, in turn, the life of the young man who loved and lost her.

It was a long trip back to Edisto Island, South Carolina, and the beach house that shaped so much of Mary Helen Avery's early life. Now her mind
Expected publication: April 2nd 2020 by Mountain Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Return to Edisto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Edisto

Start your review of Return to Edisto
Julia
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Return To Edisto by Lin Stepp is a delightful, heart-warming contemporary Christian novel. It is the second book in the Edisto Trilogy but can be read as a stand-alone.
The reader immediately feels at home with the characters in the novel. We can sense the chemistry between the two lead characters and there is a wonderful feeling of community. Edisto is the place where everyone knows your name, and love and care are the order of the day. Your private business is in the public domain but it is a
Carrie Tripp
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts on Return to Edisto
Suggested Beverage Pairing: Ice Cold Bottled Cola
Characterization
Mary Helen Avery has returned to the beach house she loves to hide from an ugly situation in the city. She doesnt want anyone to know shes there, but what did she expect? Shes barely in town for minutes when it has spread that shes there. Mary Helen loves the town of Edisto, but she despises old boyfriend, JT. And yet as shes falling apart in the house, he walks right in and starts pushing all her
Lin Stepp
Mar 21, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my second book in the Edisto Island Trilogy ... The first was CLAIRE AT EDISTO and I am happy to say readers loved it... even when most all my previous novels are set in the Smoky Mountains near where I live. ... However, Edisto is our favorite beach spot to visit ... and I wanted to take readers to the place we love so much. ... CLAIRE AT EDISTO won the 2019 Best Book of the Year Award in Fiction: Romance in American BookFest's annual contest ... and I was so blessed to receive this ...more
Christi
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
It felt so great to be back in Edisto! It's been quite some time since we've seen the Avery's! It's 2003 and the girls are all grown up, and all three women are living their own lives. In the first book the focus was on Claire, the suddenly widowed mother, trying to figure her life out with two little girls, Mary Helen and Suki, in the small costal town of Edisto.

Now it's Mary Helen's turn to run to the safe haven of Edisto after a very unfortunate event happens in her life. Hearing where
Suzie Waltner
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Return to Edisto is the second book in a trilogy but since it takes place years after the first book, you wont be lost if you pick this one up first. And since were all somewhat restricted from travel right now, what better way to visit a new place than through a book?

When Mary Helen Avery leaves her job, she returns to the place of her youth. Many of her friends remain on Edisto Island in South Carolina, including the boy she dated in high school and the woman who provided her first job.
Cynthia
Mar 24, 2020
Ruth
Mar 27, 2020

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...