Start by marking “Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)” as Want to Read:
Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)

Riot House

(Crooked Sinners #1)

They might be richer than gods, but they’re morally bankrupt.
As far as the boys who run America’s most exclusive international academy are concerned, I’m an unwelcome interloper, an inconvenience, and they’re determined to make my life a living hell.

When Wren Jacobi sets eyes on Wolf Hall Academy’s newest inductee, all he sees is an easy mark. A reserved little girl with
Published April 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Riot House, please sign up.

Start your review of Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
mel ☽
reread (jan 2020)3 stars ✩⋆

BUT WHY CAN'T I LIVE IN A DARK ACADEMIA SETTING FULFILLING MY DARK ACADEMIA DREAM (yes, Bridgerton and rewatching all the harry potter movies is ruining me right now because i suddenly wanna move to Bath, England but i'm broke as fuck).

why can't i just have a rich family that comes from old money adopt me so that they can ship me off to a boarding school with gothic architecture where i meet people and sneak out and go on muggle adventures-

yes, yes. i'm going on a
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540

3 stars

Welcome to 'Wolf Hall Academy' which is located in New Hampshire, a place which isn't a regular school housing run of the mill regular kids, it's where military bred kids and high profile workers have dumped their kids off to attend. This is where Elodie's father, Colonel Stillwater exiled her too, taking her away from the life she knew in Tel Aviv. Making this the last place she wants to be.

All I want to do is complete my assignments, get good grades to appease Colonel Stillwater
Keri Loves Books
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wolf Hall Academy has it’s twisted little secrets. Immerse yourself in boarding school drama with their new transfer Elodie and the rich boys Wren, Pax and Dash who run the school. The Riot House boys keep things exciting. It’s going to be a hot and dirty education!

I was consumed in their world. I tried not to devour this story, because I did not want it to end.

Wren had great depth. He was an enigma. Ruler of the school, yet prefers solitude. Well read and intelligent. He thinks he has no heart,
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just want to start by saying HOLY COW the cover for this book is so freaking hot. It fits well with the story and just screams the main character, I love it so much.

Wolf Hall is surrounded by secrets, Twisted and dark secrets and secrets always come out in the end, right? It’s just a waiting game.

Elodie is a transfer at Wolf Hall. She’s been living under her military fathers strict rules and getting away from that is a relief even if where she’s going isn’t exactly great either. She’s strong
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Callie Hart’s unique brand of dark romance...its unmistakable. And she has outdone herself with this dark and twisty tale! I'm always left in awe at her wonderful mind and the stories she comes up with. She never fails to amaze me with not only her writing and creativity but also just how terrific she is with enthralling me from the onset.

Riot House left me so captivated from the beginning that I never wanted the story to end. A storyline so unique and intriguing and certainly keeps you o
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
First things first - the cover is sooooooo hot!🔥
That pulled me to it and then the Blurb. Callie's books teeter on the thin Gray line generally. A risqué author who pushes readers to go a step further into the darkness very skillfully. This book centers around the dreaded Wolf Hall Academy! .

description

"This place isn’t a regular school for regular kids. It’s a jail cell dressed up as a place of learning, where army officers who can’t be bothered dealing with their own kids dump them without a second
Sophie Ruthven
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Been looking forward to this story since we saw a glimpse of it in the Bully Me anthology.
Was pleasantly surprised to find a different beginning. This one is more Callie like, graphic, detailed, and short but definitely not sweet. Knock out book that's for sure.
Although the first half is basically the same to what was in the antho, do not miss the mini little chapters sprinkled throughout. Trust me.

To recap on the first half that most would of already read and loved... The author is introducin
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Holy Hell Y’all! I loved every single freaking second of this book. Wren and Elodie’s story was Ah-May-Zing! I’m still trying to wrap all my thoughts around all the feelings this book threw my way, but I am all in on this new world and all about these Riot House boys, Callie Hart, has created. I want, I need, NO , I absolutely can’t wait to have more from this world. Wren Jacobi the dark, devious Raven loving painter and Elodie, his ass kickin heroine with a tragic past have stolen m
Erika's Book Blog
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"From the crown of his head to the low-slung waistband of his jeans, Wren is the stuff of sweet, heavenly dreams, and twisted, terrifying nightmares."

I'm still shook!!!! I finished this book a few days ago and I still may not be able to find the words other than this shot to the top of one of my most favorite reads of the year so far!! Wren was like he was written for me...every imperfection, flaw, demon, sly smirk he gave ground him so deep in my soul, I fell in love with him myself. His intell
AJ
4.5 stars!

Damn, Callie Hart! What an intense ride. A (very) mature YA bully romance that is dramatic, emotional, sexy and romantic with a lot of heart. It totally captivated me, and I was completely drawn in by these incredibly complex characters and their wonderfully written story.

Elodie Stillwater is the 17-year-old daughter of an Army General stationed in Israel, and she has suddenly, and without warning, been shipped off from her home with her father to an exclusive private boarding school
Phuong ✯
❊ 3 stars ❊

Riot House is a very very tame bully romance, I don't even know if I would go that far and call it bully romance cause Wren is a teddy bear.

The thing is, when you tell me all the damn time how cold, cruel and callous the hero is, I want proof of that. All everyone is talking about is how Elodie should stay away from Wren, cause he is this bad wolf and prince of Wolfe Hall Academy, but I don't buy it. The worse what he does is to put frog's legs in her desk during class. That's some
Amali Rose
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raw and emotional, Riot House consumed me from start to finish.
AcherontaMovebo
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“You are going to be mine, Elodie Stillwater. Of all my sins and misdeeds, making you fall in love with me will be the very worst of them all.”

ANOTHER AMAZING READ BY CALLIE HART!

Addiciting story that will keep you on your toes until the very end.
I read this book in one sitting. It was everything; dark, angsty, suspenseful and so freaking excellent- like every single one of Callie's books.
Both Elodie and Wren, as the side characters were very unique and well written and fully developed for t
2OCC Reviews
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
I loved loved loved this story so much and I could not get enough of it. This would have to be my favourite book by Callie Hart so far and I have loved all of her books that she has written already. This story was full of so much emotion that I could not put the story down but at the same time I wanted to save this book because I didn't want to finish it. The story was full of angst, drama, romance, secrets and suspense creating the perfect read.

Elodie was a strong female character that was comp
bruna
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arcs-2020
"Her defiance, and her strength, and her self-assuredness are addicting. She knows exactly who she is and what she stands for, and I want to breathe her like she's life its very self."

trigger warning: rape, incest, violence

Callie Hart is definitely the queen of writing romance books set in high school. Maybe it’s because her characters are more mature than most teenagers or maybe it’s just because her storytelling skills are superb. Either way, I am once again in love with another series of he
ABookLover73
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arc
FIVE RIOT STARS for Elodie and Wren 💛🖤💛🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the first book I've read by Callie Hart and I loved it.

"Riot House" is a new adult bully romance with enemies to lovers trope whose interesting and tense plot will nail you to the book to the very end.

Elodie is a female character whose life wasn't easy because she lived with a military father who ran her life which made her strong and nothing could surprise her anymore.

Her life changes after her father send her to a boarding school.

Wren is
tiffany
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
THIS FULFILLED ALL MY DARK ACADEMIA DREAMS.
Halle Reads
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-2020
3/5 Stars 🌟

I don't even know where to begin with this review. I'm not sure if my mood and mind just wasn't in it or if it was the book itself. I didn't hate this book but I also didn't love it. The chapters of the book felt drawn out to me and the length of the book felt much longer than it was. I felt like a lot was happening while at the same time nothing at all was happening by the end of the book I had forgotten most of what had happened as most of it felt mundane and irrelevant to the story
Tees_BookCave
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Riot House by Callie Hart is the first book in a brand new Bully Romance Series told in Dual POVS.

This is Wren and Elodie's Love Story.

They might be richer than gods, but they’re morally bankrupt.

Jennifer Kyle
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars ⭐️
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "rioting" stars***

AVAILABLE NOW!

"If you ever find yourself stranded and alone on this road, do not go knocking on that door for help, Elodie. Whatever you do, no matter the circumstances, do not step foot inside Riot House. For better or worse, you won't come out the same."

This was a very good story, even though in the beginning it was confusing as hell!!!!
The scenery wasn't the usual and i believe that i liked the small differences than our usual school-bully romances!!!
Wren and th
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have been a huge Callie Hart fan since Zeth and can not devour her stories fast enough! Riot House was absolutely delicious! Wren and Elodie were sexy, addicting and their banter was just amazing. I loved their connection and could not get enough!

I enjoyed the mysterious element to the story and how the author did not pull her punches. This story had darker elements but was also quite romantic. Wren was absolutely perfect. The quintessential mean boy with allll the hidden facets. I loved how E
Andrea Morgan -Bookaholic Sisters blog
Wow ...just......WOW

after reading the first part in the Bully me anthology I couldnt wait for this and I knew it was going to be something amazing but oh jeezzz I wasnt expecting that!!!!!!!

This is a story about privileged boys and their toys ,the Riot House boys, the boys who like to leave "caresses the bruise? Kisses that bleed".....or so you think .

Wren the dark brooding bad boy sets his sights on the new girl elodie but what starts off with an obsession to break her.. soon becomes more

" you
Whitney
May 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Callie Hart wrote one of my all-time favorites books, Between Here and the Horizon, but I had yet to check out anything else from her. (If you are looking for a great suspenseful and twisty read, I highly recommend BHH.)
So when Riot House was released, I knew that I had to read it. This seemed to be in a whole different wheelhouse than BHH, but I was determined to read more of Callie’s wonderful writing.

Riot house is a new adult bully romance with a twist. I’m quickly learning that you can expe
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, when I read a taste of this in the anthology, I was wary.
Not because it wasn’t shaping up to be an unbelievable story, but because it was already so good, with just a snippet, I was concerned about how Hart was going to follow through and raise the ante.
But oh my gosh, I worried for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.
The twists! I don’t want to shout, it’s rude, but like, how on earth was I to know that’s what was coming?!
The character development, not just for the MC’s but for the gang a
Mimiorphee
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc
“You should know by now, Little E. You can try and be bad. But I can always be worse.”

i just finished Riot House... let me tell you I am in shock...since yesterday, I'm still trying to figure out what to think and how to put my thoughts in order.

First of all, the atmopshere of the whole story is fabulous. It's thick, dark, suspenseful. The intrigue gripped me.

The book is long, a slow burn. The first 30% built the the plot, and had me wondering. I enjoyed the tension between Elodie and Wren,
Mary Helen
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The absolutely amazing beginning teaser for this story was published in the Bully anthology and I was on pins and needles waiting to read this complete novel. I am so completely floored by Riot House by Callie Hart and am absolutely in love with the protagonists, Wren & Elodie. I finished the book (tome? It IS 137k words!) this afternoon and I feel like an emotional wave has crashed over me. I’m left drenched and breathless but I want it to happen again!

Wren and Elodie are both Seniors, born of
saynotoinstalove
May 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Disclaimer: there is MM element. And that’s a massive turnoff!!! but because details were obscure at the start I continued on to see how the MCs worked out. The one good point was the writing style drew me in but by 50% I was checking the length, got so bored, where was the story? There wasn’t enough plot points, and I found the setting so bloody bleak and unsettling. The characters gave me whiplash, I didn’t feel a strong enough connection.
And the smut felt so fake lol

Also the guy friends are
Alla
This one was really good. Had some unexpected suspence in the end.
I have minor complains about it, mostly regarding to the ages of the characters regarding how they live, act, behave and other stuff. It wasn´t totally believable at times, the characters were a bit too young for that scenery in my opinion, but the story and the plot was good and I really liked it so that´s why I will stick to my 4 stars even though I have those things mentioned above that bothered me a little bit.
christine l. sturgill
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have no words. Callie Hart has taken all the words and slayed me completely with this book. Honestly, I think this is her best book yet.
This book transports you with Callies words and descriptions. The way it is written sucks you in to the point you share ever thought and emotion. You feel the restraint in every touch and hear the storm that rages in the night. The imagery will take your breath away.
The twist and turns in this book were surreal. As much as I did not want the book to end, I co
Some Like It Hot!: Riot House by Callie Hart 1 15 Apr 28, 2020 08:48PM

• Sunshine and Bullets (The Bullets, #1)
  • Summer and Smoke (The Bullets, #2)
  • Love and Lead (The Bullets, #3)
  • Hearts and Thorns
  • Mating Theory
  • Fool Me Twice
  • Fated Magic (Claimed by Wolves, #1)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Switch Hitter (Jock Hard, #0.5)
  • Keeper
  • Rydeville Elite Box Set
  • Saint (Angelview Academy, #1)
  • Pedal to the Metal (The 'Cuda Confessions #3)
  • Lucky
  • Turn & Burn (The 'Cuda Confessions, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Brazen Rush (Brazen, #1)
  • Malice (Angelview Academy, #2)

Crooked Sinners (2 books)
  • Riot Rules (Crooked Sinners, #2)