Start by marking “From the First Verse (Life of Debauchery, #1)” as Want to Read:
From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)

From the First Verse

(Life of Debauchery #1)

Dear diary,

Once upon a time…

There was a girl with long golden hair who had the bluest, truest eyes that turned white when she cried.

She lived in a kingdom far, far away in a tower made of stone, but her mind was made of glass that she kept sharp as knives.

Where her memories hid behind her darkest doubts.
Her deepest thoughts.
Her diary became the only thing she could rel
Kindle Edition
Published March 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about From the First Verse, please sign up.
Jennifer You do not need to read other books but I would recommend reading the Love Hurts Duet (Hated You Then and Love You Now), where we first meet Cash McGr…moreYou do not need to read other books but I would recommend reading the Love Hurts Duet (Hated You Then and Love You Now), where we first meet Cash McGraw. It is not necessary but it does give you some insight into Cash, as well as meeting other characters that appear in this duet. (less)
Terri Handschumacher yes this is a spin-off. With this one your are getting the story of Cash who is the son of Dylan from Undo Me and Journey who is the daughter of Adria…moreyes this is a spin-off. With this one your are getting the story of Cash who is the son of Dylan from Undo Me and Journey who is the daughter of Adrian from the Pierced Heart duet. (less)

Start your review of From the First Verse (Life of Debauchery, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
FIRST-VERSE

'FROM THE FIRST VERSE' is the first full length romance book in M. Robinson's 'Life of Debauchery' duet.

We’ve all wanted to get our grabby little hands on Cash’s story, hoping that it gives us a broader understanding of what truly made him into the man he became with the heartbreaking hardships he’d endured along the way. Seeing the only time he truly came alive was when he'd have a guitar in his hands.

Real
Raw
Riveting

Along with fame came an all time high but also brung along with it the
Ria
Mar 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Bee
Mar 25, 2020 marked it as never-ever
SOMEONE 👏 NEEDS 👏 TO 👏 TELL👏 M. ROBINSON 👏 TO 👏 STOP 👏 WRITING 👏 ABOUT 👏 CHILDREN 👏 AND 👏 SEXUALIZING 👏 THEM 👏 BECAUSE 👏 IT’S 👏 GETTING 👏 SICKER 👏 BY 👏 THE 👏 MINUTE.
Kim Giandalia
Dec 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
I have always had a soft heart for Cash. I know he messed up with Harley, but I think we will find out what lies behind the broken man. I cannot wait to see the story unfold and blow my mind. Cash F-ing McGraw please take center stage. 💖💖💖
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

If you read the Love Hurts duet, you will already know Cash motherf&*king McGraw.

And like me, you probably don't like him much after those books.

Gotta say, as much as I didn't think she could do it, Ms Robinson has turned me around - well, mostly - and I am going to end up adoring the man.

His dreams have come true, and his girl Journey is all grown up. Boy, is she all grown up!

I need Cash to redeem himself for things he has said and done in the past, and, well I
Leeann Van Rensburg
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We meet Cash McGraw in Harley and Jackson book. (Hated you then) and I was always intrigued with his story. Being the son of Dyaln McGraw my first book husband I couldn't wait for it.

This story tugs at your heart, you get a better understanding of who Cash McGraw is, what drives him and how he thinks. He loves deeply, he loves hard. He's not perfect, he has his flaws but that's what makes him REAL. Cash is music, he breaths, eats and sleeps music.

Journey is not your typical 18yrs girl, she has a
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 "Please don't cry for me!!!" stars***

IT'S LIVE!!!!

"Everything I was afraid of growing up, I've become." -Mairilyn Manson

I could never imagine that Cash Motherfuckin' McGraw could take more stars than my favorite Jackson Pierce, but you never know with Monica Robinson.
The truth is that i was having a beef toward Cash for multiple reasons and I was a little bit prejudiced of his book, but after everything that i witnissed in this book, his book, I might forgive him after all!!!
If you a
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200323_175244.png

If you’ve read the Pierced Hearts Duets then you know that Cash McGraw was on everyone’s sh*t list and were shocked at the turn of events. We were on pins and needles waiting to see just how this man was going to redeem himself in our eyes because the damage was already done and bridges were beyond burnt. This was a flawed character that had to deal with his own demons and when you add in a forbidden romance? Things were only going to get more complicated.

Rock star god, talented musician, loving
Lily Garcia
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of my top favorites of 2020!

If you have read the Love Hurts duet then you are probably hesitant to read Cash’s book. You probably hate him and feel like he doesn’t deserve a second chance. I kept thinking to myself, “there’s no way I will like him.” But let me tell you that I was wrong.

The Queen of Angst has done it again! I don’t know how she did it, but she made me fall for one of her most flawed and disliked heroes. She tethered me with her words and just like she made me hate then love
Dee - Bookaholic Maniacs
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our queen of angst did it again!

When I opened this book I knew I wouldn’t sleep til I finished it. This book has all the emotions and roller coaster ride. My head is spinning with all of the angst in it. I was so upset with Cash in Jackson and Harley’s book but reading Cash’s POV, my heart broke for him, over and over. I couldn’t help but to love Cash more and more.

This book is phenomenal and you will not be disappointed. This is Monica’s best book to date! I highly recommend this book! You will
Erika Rodriguez
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a great read! Once again, M took us on a rollercoaster of emotions. The story is told so eloquently, and so many puzzle pieces came together for me. If you’ve read Hated you then and Love you now, do many lose ends and cliffhangers will all come together in this story. I very much recommend this book. M. Stories just keep getting better and better and as I’ve said it before, she’s done it again! Got me hooked on a story that made me
Laugh, cry and fall in love with the characte
CourtRocks
Mar 25, 2020 marked it as don-t-bother
Chasidy
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Getting lost in the melody, it always provided me an escape from my reality. Music found me when no one else cared to look.”

Oh how I have waited to get my hands on Cash McGraw’s book and Monica delivered another amazing book. It takes a great author to make me lose myself inside a book and Monica does it every. single. time.

Cash has a passion for music and it fuels his soul. Determined to make career out of his passion, he leaves home and his family to make it on his own. Cash has demons that
lazybookconqueror
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
So this series is tied into the Love Hurts Duet. These first two books Hated You Then and Love You Now are an insane ride, very Mexican Telenovela meets reality show drama, but fun nonetheless. Cash McGraw the protagonist of From the First Verse was pretty much a sort of villain by then end of the Love Hurts series. So, now we have a chance to see some events happening from his point of view.

I do think this was more enjoyable than the first duet. The drama is more controlled, which in my opinion
Dilek VT
Apr 26, 2020 marked it as nope
Shelves: bad-reviews
The hero used to babysit the heroine. When she was 6 years old, she was obsessed with the hero, who was then 18 years old.

The heroine's sister was the hero's friend and one day they get drunk and have sex and she gets pregnant. He doesn't want the baby so she raises the baby with the person she later marries.

He goes and becomes famous and lives a life of debauchery (alcohol, coke, drugs, sex-gang bangs etc) and he meets the heroine again when he is 30 and she is 18 and falls for her immediately
Cheryl O'Harney
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From The First Verse takes us readers on one hell of devastatingly raw and heartbreaking journey, walking us step by step alongside Cash McGraw as he goes through a passage of self destruction and I’d even goes as far as saying self-loathing, there’s love, loss and heartache, beauty and ugliness, then just as there’s a glimmer of hope we’re thrown back into uncertainty as to what’s to come when it true style our Queen of angst leaves us desperately wanting more.

Cash is the most self-destructive
Soledad
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I finally got this piece of perfection from Monica, I instantly wanted more!! Only because it's so easy to get lost in these worlds that Ms. Robinson creates and while the heartbreak that you see these characters go through is so immense that you forget you're reading about fictional characters!! Cash is definitely our Queen's most intricate & self destructive character to date. I know I absolutely HATED him in the Love Hurts Duet (Jackson and Harley's books) but before this book is over Ca ...more
michelle Shelly
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books of the year!

I’ve sat here gathering my thoughts on just what I should say about this outstanding read. I honestly don’t know that I can come up with the words that would even do this justice. I am absolutely in love with this.

We all know Cash. Wondered about him. Loved him. Hated him. With all the different feelings for this man, nothing will get you ready for this story. Several times I had to set it down just so I could cry. This man.....this beautiful man will break you
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker

N
G
S
T…

GET READY Y’ALL…Robinson is about to drag your ass through the mud and leave your ass there!!!
And she ain’t even sorry about it!!! lol

Of course Journey love LOVES to push Cash’s buttons and don’t you know Cash is right there to set her straight…well, you know, he tries anyway..haha

The push and pull and that freaking ANGST is AAhhhmazzinggg in this book which we all love from Our Queen… M. Robinson!! She definitely knows how to deli
Louisa
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To the Author M. Robinson fans out there...THIS is the book you have been waiting for. A book that she will get you to love a character that (if you read the Love Hurts duet) you may have hated...like seriously - HATED.

Well, I might have been one of those people but she turned me around. She gave me the side off Cash that I just didn't get from the Love Hurts duet.

This book is a spin-off from her Love Hurts series but can be read without reading those first (M. Robinson always gives you all you
Rhonda Ziglar
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 BREATHE STARS!! I kept telling myself to breathe all the way through this book. My poor heart has been squeezed, crushed and played with...M. Robinson likes to do that to us readers. Cash and Journey needs to tell you their story, so try to relax and hear them. I am still having a hard time breathing, I think I forgot how. I need book 2, right now.
Tracy Wilkin
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Incredible

From the First Verse. 5 stars
Again I am blown away and utterly speechless after M. Robinson’s story. I felt the gut punch from the first word. Emotionally strung out. Blissfully in a word zombie state. I reached the end totally unprepared for Cash and Journey and totally enamoured and swept away by them. This story is BIG. The impression it will leave cannot be measured. I urge everyone to buy this book, take a few days to read and reflect, because you are going to need to to recover (
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
I will be the first to admit that I was hesitant with this book for reasons I won’t divulge because well you have to read, plain and simple! I kept seeing the sign ups and just couldn’t decide if I wanted to go down this road because well M knows how to throw curve balls, but I loved cash and I wanted his redemption! Now he had a long way to go still but my heart oh my heart is hurting and it’s in the worst kind of limbo right now! Nothing tears me open more like M’s books and I can’t even think ...more
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description
5 *walking that line* Stars

OH MY HEART! You know the moment when you read the first book from a duet and you are left absolutely speechless and scared shitless for what’s to come….. Yep, that’s basically me in a nutshell.. If you need me I’ll be rocking myself in a corner.

About The Novel:

Usually at this time I would be telling you a bit about what this story is about. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I tried to write what this first part of Cash and Journey’s story was all about...
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I know I have said it before, but I will say it again, " No one writes a book, like this QUEEN OF ANGST does." I connect with with each and every character, each and every book, like I never have. Granted, I do feel emotions from most books, but never like M. Robinson's books. The emotions she evoked from me from this enthralling story, leaves me in a blank space. I feel like there is no much going on in my head, but it's so hard to make sense of it all; it's hard to digest it all.

The depth that
Jenifer Briggs
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is a reason why Monica is dubbed the queen of angst, and holy shit, she goes above and beyond with Cash motherfucking McGraw. This book is full of pain, heartbreak, deep set anguish, and how the failings of a parent can shatter your self confidence and self worth and put you on a path of destruction.

If you've read Aiden and Jackson's duets, then you've seen the glimpses of Cash and the things he did, but he always seemed cold and callous, unlike the sweet, big hearted boy he used to be. B
Tammy
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although From the First Verse is the first book in a duet, it is a spin-off that takes you back to Oak Island, NC where M. Robinson has built a world of characters and stories that always leave you wanting more. The Life of Debauchery duet could be read as a stand alone series, but with the intertwined story lines and characters, it's so much MORE if you've read the other books in this world that she has created.

This duet will be Cash and Journey's story. Cash McGraw is Journey's first crush, h
Jenny
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Cash! My heart broke for him so many times. This book, like all this authors books, captivated me from the beginning until the end. Journey is an old soul that is only eighteen years old. I don’t want to give anything away to this book. I can’t wait for the next part of this story. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Georgina
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the First Verse is the first in a Rock star, friends to lovers duet. In true M. Robinson style this book is loaded with emotion and angst. Cash McGraw and Journey's story is sweet and begins when journey is just a baby. We watch their relationship develop as journey is obsessed with Cash. Cash goes to find his fame & fortune and then the fun begins.... as always I'm greedy for book 2. 5*s for his beautiful book. ...more
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 straight to favorites stars!! Damn it M. Robinson!! You destroy me with your duets. Ladies and gents this duet is no different. Get ready for the feels!

This is book one of “Life if Debauchery” and ends in one hell of a cliffhanger. The cliffhanger does not take away from the book. This book explains so much but yet leaves you needing more.

“...Though in the end, I love you were just words.
That destroyed us inside.”

We met Cash in “Hated You Then”. He is Dylan McGraw’s baby boy and Harley Jam
Some Like It Hot!: From the First Verse by M. Robinson 3 14 Mar 25, 2020 01:44AM

• Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Sweet Chaos (Love and Chaos, #2)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Breathless
  • Destructive (Combative, #3)
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • Kiss the Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Cruel Boy
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • The Best Man
  • Finding Him (Covet, #2)
  • JULIAN (Trinity Academy #4)
Wall Street Journal & USA Bestselling Author M. Robinson loves to read. She favors anything that has angst, romance, triangles, cheating, love, and of course sex! She has been reading since the Babysitters Club and R.L. Stein.

She was born in New Jersey but was raised in Tampa Fl. She was pursuing her Ph.D in psychology, with two years left. However, she dropped out of school and became a fulltime

Life of Debauchery (2 books)
  • 'Til the Last Lyric (Life of Debauchery, #2)