Start by marking “The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)” as Want to Read:
The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)

The Sinner

(Black Dagger Brotherhood #18)

A sinners only hope is true love in this passionate new novel in J.R. Wards #1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

Syn has kept his side hustle as a mercenary a secret from the Black Dagger Brotherhood. When he takes another hit job, he not only crosses the path of the vampire races new enemy, but also that of a half-breed in danger of dying during
Published March 24th 2020 by Gallery Books

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Sinner by J.R. Ward
    The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood #19)
    Release date: Apr 07, 2020
    *Please note that due to COVID-19 impact, shipment might be delayed*

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 4229 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 23 - Apr 06, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Sinner, please sign up.
    Lisa Armeo probably syn and jo since they're a confirmed pairing, and by the tittle name sounds it's their turn?
    Patricia Van Lenten Sorry for the difficulty you are having.
    Sorry for the difficulty you are having.
    Have you also looked toward your local/county library? Sometimes there are long wait times, even for digital books, but it wont cost you $$, only time.(less)

Start your review of The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
    Sophia Triad
    At Cincinnati Q&A event (6 April 2019)

Four books announcement!:
    1) 2020 BD : The Sinner (Syn, Jo Early, Butch and Lassiter)
    2) December 2019: Where Winter Finds You (Trez/Selena)
    3) August 2019: Blood Truth (BDB Legacy - Boone)
    4) BDB legacy 2020: The Jackal about Rhage's half brother

In more details:

From J.R. Ward's Facebook page:
    The full transcript of the 2019 event for The Savior in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Abbreviations that may be used:
    HEA: Happily Ever After

14.) The Beast ★★★★
    15.) The Chosen ★★★★
    16.) The Thief ★★★★
    17.) The Savior ★★★

The devil works hard, by my nostalgia works harder.

Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | Youtube | Twitch
    Christy
    Apr 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Syn & Jo Early's book... I'M SO HERE FOR IT!!!!!

photo Excitablegif_zps8fwqityw.gif
    Scholar inArmor
    AFTER READING:
    SPOILERS AHEAD, BE WARNED!

It finally came to an end. The war with Omega. Everything.

I did not expect Devina to be Omega's undoing. Honestly, I didn't. So she is the new enemy in Caldwell. I can't wait for it. Especially her storyline, it's so good. If she is back that means that Eddie and Adrian, from the Fallen Angels series, are here around the corner.

I liked scenes with the Scribe Virgin and Omega. It was nice to see their dynamic and Omega's statement that he would never harm
    Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
    Amazing book and story!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is the story of Syn and Jo. Its also a story of war and despair. And a story of hope and love.

Its hard to dive into the review and only tell you bits and pieces of the story. So let me just say that this is yet one more piece of the entire series that makes it so freaking addictive!

Syn is a soft hearted guy deep down. He has not always been a good person and he recognizes his faults. But when he and Jo meet, he recognizes something inside. Some thing
    R Y A N  ⚡️
    3/5 - OK I didnt hate this book but I still havent received make up sex for the last two bombs...BDB is somewhat on the path to recovery, hopefully? This would have been a 4-star rating but I cant excuse the final scene with Butch and Vishous.

Words and phrases that need to be retired:

⚡Hello. Just stop. Its not a good look.

⚡Well what do you know this was over used in Blood Truth and its even more annoying now.

⚡R8. Just say your car after its established that Butch is driving Vs car.
    Sandra
    Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
    There's always something a little magical when I crack open a new book in JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Recently we've been blessed with extra little peeks into Caldwell and the BDB with the Legacy books and a sweet bonus book at Christmas. But there's nothing better than 500 pages of solid BDB time.

Anyone that's stayed current knows that The Sinner is the book where the war with the Omega and the Lessening Society comes to a head. Its also brings to the forefront one of the Band of
    Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews

I just finished The Sinner and I found it to be a fresh yet an incredibly nostalgic throwback to the writing and feel of the very first books of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books. I am finding it almost an impossibility to write a spoiler-free review and still being able to covey just how much I know fans are going to love this.

So, a few bullets points will be shared instead.

Butch & V = Perfection with a few tears.
    Syn & Jo = a slow burn with an unexpected innocence.
    An alliance that
    My review in Hugarian.
    ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
    Sandy S
    Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
    THE SINNER is the nineteenth instalment in JR Wards contemporary, adult BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD paranormal, romance series. This is mercenary and vampire Syn, and journalist Jo Earlys story line. THE SINNER can be read as a stand alone but I recommend reading the series in order for back story and history as THE SINNER ends this particular arc of the series.

Told from several third person perspectives including but not limited to Syn, Jo, Butch and Devina, THE SINNER follows several paths -the
    Michele
    Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: pnr, fantasy, priority, 0320
    See the full review at HarlequinJunkie
    An HJ Top Pick!!

Mind. Blown. The Sinner was a high octane novel that answered a *lot* of questions and saw some things finally come full circle. Romance, deceit, power games, and friendship, J.R. Ward pulled out all the stops in this thrilling installment.

Oh my goodness, what an incredible story! I loved that The Sinner read like an old school Black Dagger Brotherhood book, with everything coming down to the friendships and alliances the Brothers have formed
    Fatlazicat
    Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Next year cannot come quickly enough, true?! And gimme some of that Butch! He is so my fav Brother and cannot wait to see the Dhestroyer prophecy come into play. Syn and Butch will work great together.
    Books and Coffee
    Now this cover i like!
    Yours Truly, Diana *The Evil Witch*
    Never Has It Felt Better To Sin
    *self-purchased. No need of sugar daddies called promo teams*

Whats this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
    This is Syn and Jo Earlys book. Butch and Vishous make a lot of cameos. Something happens with the Omega prophecy. Just Another regular BDB book.

I dont like paranormal romance anymore; I only read my yearly dose of it when J. R. Ward publishes her Black Dagger Brotherhood book. Ive loved and cherished most; Ive only hated two. Here,
    Olga Lis
    Mar 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
    HeatherP
    Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: favorites, arc
    I love diving into a new Black Dagger Brotherhood book, it's always like coming home. Paranormal romance is one of my favorite genres, but it's hard to find a good solid series from it lately. I love that J.R. Ward is a consistent one for me.

I really enjoy these books no matter what the story line is, main characters are, side characters, etc. I love reading, and these books here, they are always worth the time. Would I enjoy seeing some of the other brothers featured besides Butch, V, Rhage?
    Jenn
    Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Review to come. But I liked it.
    Marielle Authier
    Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-be-release-2020  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: romance, paranormal
    expected publication 2020
    Change to
    Expected publication: March 24th 2020 by Gallery Books
    Becca H
    Honestly I wasn't expecting much given the last few books in this series have disappointed me. In the end the book was decent but nothing special.

The romance: As usual with Ward lately it was just insta-love. She had the opportunity to do a real slow burn with these characters especially when they literally just met in this book, but no, despite Syn's evilness he falls head over heels in love with Jo the second he meets her. I'm not going to lie, the romance was cute at times but not what I
    J.D. Brown
    Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favorites
    I'm not gonna lie, this one made me tear up a few times at the end even though it ended pretty much exactly how I thought it would.

The Warden has been promising us in the lead-up to release day that The Sinner would be a pivotal book in the overall BDB universe and she made good on that promise. But first...

There are four main characters in this book - you know, besides all the usual BDB cast.

We have Syn/Jo and Butch/Vishous.

Since this series is very much a paranormal romance, it was Syn's turn
    Cecewrites23
    Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The Sinner by JR Ward

Release date 24th March 2020
    Star rating *****

This was going back to the BDB (Black Dagger brotherhood) that I know and love. It was the ending of an era and a beginning of a new one.

I have been reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood for about seven years now. I know not as many as some but when I love a series, I love them hard. This book with Syn and Jo felt like a book that was like the older books. Syn is a man who is broken, and it is heart breaking to watch him fight
    Kimaya Mathew
    Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Welcome, welcome and welcome back, Ward!
    Vintage Ward is here...***cue the applause***
    I finished this twisty-turvy, sometimes there and sometimes blowing you off book in three days. That's the dedication I show to a book which doesn't make me roll my eyes. No, I didn't get bored in this. Though in the middle, a little bit off-mood occurred for me when I came across some grammatical errors again. But all in all, please ladies and gentlemen, roll out the red carpet for this lady. (Meanwhile,
    Kari
    Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Holy cow! Where do I even start with this review?

1. I didn't think that I was going to like Jo Early or Syn near as much as I do. My main focus when going into this book was the culmination of the Dhestroyer prophecy and getting a glimpse as to where the Big story was heading. Jo and Syn's love story wasn't high on the list of things I cared about. I am so glad that their story was the one that was focused on for this pivotal book.

Their love story isn't dark or dramatic like some other others
    Kim
    Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 4-5-stars
    Like the other books in this series, this one has multiple stories going on at once, so it took me a bit to get acclimated to all the points of view. But then I started getting invested not only in Syn and Jo's story, but also the symbiotic relationship of Butch and V.

Jo Early is a reporter with a special interest in vampires so she seems to be ending up in the right place and then having to have her memory wiped. She is adopted and unaware of her own nature as a half breed or what may
    Kat
    Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This one is going to be hard to discuss without giving things away, so Im going to put everything in spoiler tags 😊.

(view spoiler)
    Sabrina
    Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    We've waited for the end of the war with the Omega and it has finally arrived. And it was definitely not what I expected! Awesome, awesome story. Starting with our main hero and heroine in this book Syn and Jo. I was looking forward to getting Syn's story. From what we had seen in previous books, especially Blood Truth, you knew there was a lot to this character. And boy was that the truth. Jo we have seen in the past. A reporter determined to chase down the paranormal, but just kept getting ...more
    Lori
    Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I have to put my two cents worth in with the assumption that everyone who reads it has in fact already read the series.
    The Warden is my all-time favourite author, I have even called in sick to work on the day of her book release so I could stay home and read. Almost all of her books get a 5 star rating from me, on the rare occasion a couple will sneak through on a 4, and a 3 is practically unheard of! That being said, this one was a real tossup between a 3 and 4.
    The release of the Sinner makes
    Melinda Imler
    Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Great handoff to the next installment.

Pros:
    LASSITER. I never get enough of that angel. But that scene w/V and the bubble? PRICELESS.
    Scribe Virgin. She's never been one of my favorite characters, but I finally got to see honest emotion out of her and it helped. The scene in St Patrick's will forever be HER scene in the series for me.
    The siblings. I KNEW IT. I called it back during Manny's book. I KNEW the dad was the common denominator. *Go, me!*

CONS
    Jo and Syn. Ok, I'm actually cringing writing
    Avid Reader
    Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
    I've been holding this in for a long time so please have patience while I rant.

Once upon a time I was deeply in love with this series, but overtime, I suppose I fell out of love with the BDB series. The last decent book was Lover at last, and even that book wasn't good thanks to the fact that Qhuay were secondary characters in their own book and their story was told to us by Blay in the last 20 pages of the book. As for the Sinner, it was a disappointment. The Bastards have been toned down and
    « previous 1 3 4 5 next »
    J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

• Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
    • The Rich Boy
    • The Honey-Don't List
    • Regretting You
    • Finding Perfect
    • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
    • Rock Bottom (Dawson Family, #6)
    • Bullseye: The Monsters Within Duet Book 1
    • Maybe Now (Maybe, #2)
    • Between Ice and Frost (Paranormal Dating Agency #17)
    • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
    • Until Cobi (Until Her/Him, #7)
    • Maybe Not (Maybe, #1.5)
    • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
    • Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
    • Fall Into Temptation (Blue Moon #2)
    • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
    • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)

Articles featuring this book