Start by marking “Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)

Wild Card

(Advantage Play #1)

Rule #1: Keep your head down and your eyes up. It makes you invisible. But not stupid.

Ace, a young cardshark, has worked her entire life to achieve one goal. Bring Burlone Allegretti to his knees. As the the head of a mafia family who dabbles in human trafficking, he’s far from innocent, and Ace can't wait to exact her revenge.

As her plan is set in motion, the alluring hea
Published September 23rd 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Wild Card, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Card

Start your review of Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)
Rochelle
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is the first book from this author that I have read and I thought it was an enjoyable read. This is a mafia romance mixed with suspense. Ace and Kingston were explosive together. This book will keep you invested with each page that you read. You are not going to want it to end. I didn’t realize that it was a cliffhanger and I can’t wait to read book 2. I need to know what is going to happen next.

Mandie
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was hot! It was so full of suspense I was literally on the edge of my seat while reading it! It took me on a wild ride and I can’t wait to start the next book!
Coco.V
Sep 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/11/2020)! 🎁
Sassy Southern
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For some reason I wanted this book so bad when I first read the synopsis. It had that dark and edgy feel to it. But when it came time to read it, I had to force myself to start. As soon as those first few sentences were read I no longer was forcing myself to read. I was forcing myself to stop.
Ace and King are two different sides of a coin. But somehow they fit. Ace is a nonsense type of person. Which I think made me like her even more. She could tit for tat without even blinking an eye. King ha
Jessica
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy guacamole!!!
This freaking story is so good!
Kelsie’s best book to date!
I cannot even fully express what this book is about without giving anything away and possibly ruining something for you.

I could not put it down.
I didn’t want to put it down.
Too bad I have work, a husband, a kid and home to take care of on days like this when I get sucked into such a wonderful story.
This one had me on my toes a few times. Completely on the edge of my seat.
And that ‘ending’?!?! Eek!!!!

No spoilers from me.
Y
Julia
Just ok. If I haven’t picked up the second book in this series by now, it usually means I won’t.

At first I hated this. A lot of the same old heroines that suffer in silence, think they’re special because they’re ‘different’ from other girls, has a gorgeous BFF and doesn’t know she’s hot until the hero comes along. But the more I read the more I was fine with it. But ‘fine’ as in, when I’m done reading this I won’t ever think back on it again.
Maja
#OMG!
This book was so fucking perfect! It was amazing mafia romance. I loved every minute of it, every page! From the moments I started reading, I could barely breathe.
The story was suspense, romance, sexy, and scary. Great development of the characters and plot.
So much happens with so many different emotions...

Both Kingston and Ace had a tragic past. But they fight for better future. When they meet each other it was love on the first sight. And Kingston ❤️❤️❤️ I'm in love with this man. I'm a
Becca
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely a page-turner for me. I'm usually not too much into Mafia Romances (besides the Elite Series by Rachel Van Dyken) but this story pulled me in with Characters that were full of charm and personality. Ace is spunky and fearless as she takes on her past. Falling for the boss of a mob family was never in her radar but the two of them are magnetic and steamy.
Kaylee Bradley
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance, mafia
Off to the next I go! *cliffhanger, you’re warned*

A really good, yet slightly predictable, read! I loved our characters and I’m anxious to find out what happens next. This is a dark romance, so don’t go into this book expecting prince charmings in the men. They’re lovable a$$holes with questionable morals, yet hot as h e double hockey sticks. Even though our love interest is between Kingston and Ace, we get a few other characters POVs also, and I can’t wait to see how those characters play out i
Carly Wilson
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Wild Card’ is the first book in the Advantage Play series by Kelsie Rae, and it is the first Mafia romance I have read in a very long time.

The book is fast paced, exciting and an incredibly addictive plot. I began reading last night and almost read it all in one sitting, refusing to end my reading journey due to being completely inmersed.

The story focuses on Ace, a beautiful young card counter who frequents the city’s casinos in order to to gain money for her ultimate goal. For years she has be
April Symes
Wild Card is the 1st book in the Advantage Play series by Kelsie Rae and it's a departure from what she normally writes; she usually writes sweet, lighthearted and romantic romances yet Wild Card is a deliciously tempting dark romance that will take you on quite the emotional rollercoaster journey and it's only book 1.
The pace is quick, the action is intense, and there's quite a bit of angst and intrigue to keep you on the edge of your seat woven through the book to keep you hooked from start t
Natalie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie is one of my favorite authors. I’ve read and loved all her books, this one included. Wild Card is a mafia romantic suspense, I really enjoy suspense and this book did not disappoint. Ace, the female lead character, has not had an easy life. Despite all of the adversity, she hasn’t let it stop her from going after her goal. Too bad her main goal is to get revenge on one of the top mobsters in town. Kingston, the male lead, has recently taken over control of the Romano family when his fathe ...more
Kim Gauger
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blown away by this amazing book. I have read every single one of Kelsie Rae’s books and this is a totally new direction for her. I’m in love with this!

Mafia romance with so many twists, point of views and turns you will be on the edge of your seat! It does end in a cliffhanger, but don’t let that stop you.

The chemistry between Ace and Kingston is off the charts hot! I love them and what is starting between the two of them. The storyline is fantastic and keeps you on your toes. A book you won’t
Gladys
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this read. This book gives multiple P.O.V's (not just main characters) and I liked that and thought it was very original. The storyline was interesting and offered plenty of excitement, danger, drama, suspense and romance. I liked Ace and Kingston's chemistry and I found the first piece of their slow burn romance to be very entertaining. This book does end on a cliffhanger. This is my freely posted honest review.
Christina Pannell
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars.
It’s dark and keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next!
Full of Mafia, mob bosses, gambling, counting cards, mob wars, love, friendship,kidnapping and drama.
This was my first book by this author and it will not be my last.
Be sure to check this book out when it releases
Angel
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing change from Rae' s usual romances, WILD CARD is one of those stories that have you on the edge of your seat the entire time! I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of the series!!
Becca Whaley
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Ace she's awesome. Her strength and courage is so inspiring. Kingston is this tough mafia bad@$$ but Ace brings a different side out of him. He's soft with her even when he has to be head of his family. But then all h=!! breaks loose and he has some really tough decisions to make. I'm glad I waited til this series was complete because this one ends on a cliffy and I'm NOT happy... lol
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such an intriguing, hold-your-breath kind of read. A little dark and gritty with a great story line. Ace and Kingston compliment each other in their strengths and their determination. I'm off to devour book two, Dark King!
Janet Johnson
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok Kelsie Rae

Here's your review - although AT THIS MOMENT - I don't like you very much! A cliffhanger, REALLY - UGH!! ~~
I would give this book/story 10 stars if they were available - it is THAT GOOD! You KNOW I've already got Book 2 & 3 in my KU library. I'm an Ace fan. And I'm ready for the bad guy to get what's coming.
Thank you for your time, talent and THE STORY!
Gina Simmons
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Only One Complaint

My only one complaint is it ends in a cliff hanger but that can be readily fixed by getting the next book in the series. I liked the chemistry between Ace and Kingston. I hope the next book will reveal more about Jack’s role and that it is as enjoyable to read as this one was.
Jessie Shepps
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great mafia romance

Pretty clean but has steamy innuendos. Ace and Kings chemistry is off the charts. Love her best friend Gigi and his right hand man D. Suspenseful moments to keep you on your toes. Can’t wait to read the next book.
Whitney
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in about 4 hours and probably would have read it faster if I didn’t have a two year old hanging off of me.

I follow Kaylee Ryan on Facebook and she had a post asking authors to tag there books, Kelise tagged this one and Thank God she did!! This was my first Kelise Rae book and my first mafia romance, to say I’m now addicted is an understatement.

Ace is the heroine no one asked for but everyone needs in their lives, she’s smart and even though she’s had it tough she doesn’t give u
Bette
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrific Story & Narration🎧 Captivating & Intense!

Wild Card
Advantage Play, Book 1
By: Kelsie Rae
Narrated by: Kelsey Navarro, Aaron Shedlock

I loved everything about this book, from Kelsie Rae’s wonderful writing style to the story and characters she created to the perfectly casted narrators who did an awesome job bringing her story to life. There is great world building and character development too. Acely “Ace” Mezzarich has not had the easiest of lives, but she always focuses on accomplishing
BlueSeal
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie Rae specializes in contemporary romance that is sweet with a little heat. Her Signature Sweetheart Series was a HUGE hit! With the Advantage Play Series, Kelsie is showing us a different side of her personality. Someone has been hiding a dark side behind some sweet romances. Grab your whiskey. Come in my office and let’s have a chat about Kelsie Rae’s Wild Card.

Ace is a card-counting badass hiding behind short skirts and blonde wigs. She slips into the casino, wins at black-jack and slips
Paulette
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
WOW! I was not prepared for this book. I’ve read two books before by this author. Both stories were sweet and romantic. This book is a whole different ballgame. This is another side of Kelsie Rae I didn’t know existed. Welcome to the world of mafia, gambling, intrigue, suspense, and subplots that will have your head spinning.

Ace is a unique girl/women who has her own story. It will make you tear up, worry, and cheer her on. Unfortunately, life has been hard for her and it doesn’t look like it’s
Mackenzie Teut
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I honestly could not put this book down! Kelsie does such a brilliant job drawing the reader into Kingston and Ace's world that you down want to leave it. This book is a bit of a departure from the Signature Sweethearts series but Kelsie definitely does not disappoint. As someone who has no idea the rules or regulations regarding poker, I was a little bit nervous about reading a story that centered around gambling, casinos and the mob, but I was able to follow along easily with how descriptive a

Jennifer Pierson
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY EVERLOVIN' HELL! Wild Card was so freakin' good, that I absolutely couldn't put it down to accomplish anything else, including using the restroom. Boy, did I ever have to go once I was able to put the kindle down after every last page was devoured. I hadn't eaten, and I was thirsty to boot, so yeah, it was that amazing! It's the story of a heroine named, Ace, who I absolutely LOVED so much, and a hero who may or may not have been an anti-hero, Kingston. They teamed up to take down a baddie, ...more
Ebonie
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would. It’s not often that I’ve read a mob boss type of book, but man. Once I got into the story, I fell deep into Ace and Kingston’s dark, twisted world.

Ace is such a great character. She’s been through so much in her young life, which has made her into the tough, nearly untouchable woman that she is. However, her life hasn’t stopped her from going for what she wants and enacting revenge on an enemy in a way that I thought was clever and really cool
Kendra Myers
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A magnificent genre departure for this author! Kelsie Rae is well known for her sweet romance books. She took a risk and it paid off big time with this mob themed book. It's so amazing and I'm sure all her readers are going to fall in love, just like I did.

Wild Card will keep you guessing right from the start. There are a lot of twists and surprises to be had within this first book in the series. There are two mob families in the city trying to
keep ahead of the other. One of the families certa
Amanda
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow. Wild Card is such a different read than the rest of Kelsie’s backlist and I FLOVED IT! She took a risk and it paid off in spades, really showcasing the depths of her writing abilities. I was sucked into the seedy world of mob-owned casinos, but was swept up in the pair of story lines that were spun together so uniquely that I couldn’t wait to get more of Ace and Kingston.

Ace was such a chameleon, truly becoming each persona she was portraying but also keeping her rules to ground h
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Blood Always
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
  • Never Truth
  • Owning Beauty
  • Corrupted Empire (Belluci Mafia, #3)
  • Forever Lies
  • Corrupted Queen (Belluci Mafia, #2)
  • Corrupted Angel (Belluci Mafia, #1)
  • Black Skies Riviera
  • Elegant Sins
  • Stolen Heir (Brutal Birthright #2)
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Peasants and Kings
  • The King (Bratva Blood #1)
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
  • Devil in a Suit (De Maggio Mafia Duet, #1)
  • The Throne of Pain (The Romanos)
  • Bloodied Hands (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #1)
Kelsie is a sucker for a love story with all the feels. When she's not chasing words for her next book, you will probably find her reading or, more likely, hanging out with her husband and playing with her three kiddos who love to drive her crazy.

She adores photography, baking, her yorkie, Bob, and her devon rex, Mara. And now that she's actively pursuing her writing dreams, she's set her sights o

Advantage Play (5 books)
  • Dark King (Advantage Play #2)
  • Little Bird (Advantage Play, #3)
  • Bitter Queen (Advantage Play, #4)
  • Black Jack (Advantage Play, #5)

News & Interviews