Start by marking “The Treasure Map” as Want to Read:
The Treasure Map

The Treasure Map

Jack is a 10-year-old boy ready for a joyous Christmas vacation, but as punishment for a poor report card, he is tasked with cleaning out his familys long-forgotten attic. Inside, he finds a chest with a treasure map and a letter that transports him to another time, place, and existence.

Jack finds himself living the life of a young man named Niko, an enemy of the State of
Published November 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Treasure Map, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Treasure Map

Start your review of The Treasure Map
Kelly
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I agreed to write this honest objective review and received a complimentary pre-release copy to do so. It is the first Tyler Scott Hess book I have read.

The story changes time and place every few chapters, some chapters revealing 10-year-old Jacks life working on cleaning up the attic while missing out on some of his familys Christmas activities and being fascinated by the treasure map and letter. Other chapters take us into the time and place of the treasure map and letter where the Faithful
Yakira Goldsberry
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
With the Christmas season right around the corner, there will be plenty of Christmas books hitting the shelves. But there has never been a Christmas story quite so unique or different as Tyler Scott Hesss The Treasure Map.

When I saw the cover reveal for this book, I thought it was an autumn-ish story, but then I reminded myself that Hess is obsessed with Christmas. Like, a bit over-the-top obsessed. Not that Im complaining. And it turned out, it was. But, I guess you could say that The Treasure
Sharel E.
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake Monroe was like any typical 10-year-old around Christmas time; snowball fights and sledding with his friends enjoying the season in anticipation for presents and family traditions. Unfortunately for Jake, his report card showed up as well, and the punishment he received was much different than any he had before in Author Tyler Scott Hesss, The Treasure Map.

Jake could not believe he was given the task of cleaning out the attic in their family home that had been passed down to them from their
Mary
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
There's something about a group of people with different personalities, many quirks, and various skill sets banding together with a common goal. There's bound to be tension, and sometimes even traitors, but there's also a bond that only comes from putting one's life on the line for each other, and this camaraderie enabled the fugitives who have a leading role in this book to take on what seemed nearly impossible to accomplish. I loved the message of teamwork, and that everyone has unique ...more
Susan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I agreed to write this objective review and received a complimentary pre-release copy in doing so. This is the first book I have read of Tyler Scott Hesss.

Jack Monroe is a 10-year-old boy who is giving the task of cleaning out the attic as punishment for a poor report card. All the while his siblings are enjoying their Christmas vacation. Little does he know that all the hard work will be worth his while in the end. While going about his punishment young Jack comes across a treasure map and a
Joy Neal
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was it possible for an escaped convict to be a hero? That's the question asked by a boy who finds a map in an old trunk in the attic. Cleaning up the attic during Christmas break was punishment for less than stellar grades, but leads to a challenging mystery from an earlier time, connected to the boy's ancestry. Boys and girls alike will be intrigued by this well-told and suspenseful story.

The author, Tyler Scott Hess, is also fun to follow on Instagram.
Terri
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading The Treasure Map.
The characters are wonderful and the story filled with imagination. I love how Jack discovers the pages that transport him to another time. The story moves back and forth between Jack and Niko and I found it hard to put down to find what happens next. There is a good message about family, friendship and faith. I highly recommend this book for all age groups.

This objective review was based on a complimentary pre-release copy.
Susan
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a pleasure to read and discover the world that Jack falls into! I think this author did a great job of switching between Jack and Niko and how Jack keeps it going. Loads of action and details of a different world that will keep you turning the pages. Definitely will leave you thinking deeply about the meaning and pondering the lessons we can learn from it all! It felt like an allegory to me and I enjoyed the message. A wonderful creation!
Dorothy
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining but with a meaningful undertone. My ten year old son and I read this together and he told me, "This is the best book I've ever read!" This story is perfect for preteens who are interested in adventure and suspense. I'm looking forward to reading more from Tyler Scott Hess.
Pauline
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth-ya-lit
I think Treasure Map is a book that will be much enjoyed by preteens. The topics will resonate with younger readers. It would be a great book to read aloud in the family. The book was full of action and a main character with whom preteens and early teens can identify. I can envision once reading this book some 10-12 year olds will be begging to go clean their attic.
Grace Grose
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun Christmas adventure!

Engaging story with adventure and mystery intertwined within. Enjoyed seeing Jacks maturing process and relationship with his family. Recommend it!
Jessica
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thumbs up. I would put this in the teen section of the library, 7 to 9 th grade. A fast paced read.

People that like the Maze Runner or Michael Vey will enjoy this book
Tyler Hess
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tara Savanna
Nov 23, 2019
Shelli
Nov 27, 2019

• An Uncommon Woman
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • Adorning the Dark: Thoughts on Community, Calling, and the Mystery of Making
  • The Printed Letter Bookshop
  • What if...
  • Journey to Joy
  • We Hope for Better Things
  • Veiled in Smoke (The Windy City Saga, #1)
  • The Seine: The River that Made Paris
  • Paris Dreaming
  • 365 Quotes to Live Your Life By: Powerful, Inspiring, & Life-Changing Words of Wisdom to Brighten Up Your Days
  • Mission to Protect (Military K-9 Unit #1)
  • The Snowy Day (Peter, #1)
  • Les Parisiennes: How the Women of Paris Lived, Loved, and Died Under Nazi Occupation
  • Jessie's Hope
  • The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • Dad, Jackie, and Me
  • My Journey to the Stars
Tyler Scott Hess is a believer, writer, and author of the new novel The Treasure Map out November 4, 2019.

Trained in the business world, uplifted in the church, and dedicated to the craft of writing, Tyler has spent years sharing his thoughts on the world through an ever-increasing collection of novels, including the holiday classic, Christmas in Pineville.

Tyler grew up in the Pacific Northwest,

News & Interviews

Well, here we all are, sheltering in place, buying canned beans, and generally trying to figure out how to stay inside and keep our minds busy....