Start by marking “Catching a Vampire (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Catching a Vampire (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #1)

Catching a Vampire

(Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs #1)

Studying at Grimalkin has been Daphne's dream since she was a little girl.

Published September 21st 2019 by Drowlgon Press

To ask other readers questions about Catching a Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching a Vampire

Start your review of Catching a Vampire (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #1)
Danielle's
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Daphne is a bright student and desperate to become a powerful witch. When her twin brother wants to test out a theory which needs the help of a vampire she takes on a new class. Daphne soon realises she doesn’t know everything. In fact she enjoys the new class and her new partner.

This is a sweet paranormal romance which will leave you wanting more.

I won the audiobook in a Christmas giveaway and have really enjoyed this. In fact I’m quickly becoming a fan of this author.

I wasn’t too sure about
Renée
If you thought the classes at Hogwarts sounded amazing, then the classes at Grimalkin will blow your mind. Grimalkin is one academy, I personal would have loved to attended.

Daphne Chambers has a mission to find out how herself and her brother can find the family spell to turn themselves into cats. But this is not a simple task. With cute vampires in the mix, a best friend who’s a bit of a dud at magic and so much more, this story will capture your attention.

Catching A Vampire the first book in
Coco.V
Jan 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/17/2020)! 🎁
Laura Greenwood
Aug 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tera Comer
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is Daphne's story in the Grimalkin Academy series and let me say I really enjoyed getting to read her side of things. While we watch Daphne and her twin Ryan trying to find a old family spell that allows allows a Chambers member to turn into a cat, we see that while she tries to get close to a vampire so she can get into the Vampire Library she falls for the vampire and everything just goes haywire for her. I can not wait to see what is in store for the rest of this series.
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catching A Vampire by Laura Greenwood Is such a wonderful story that I loved reading. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series and I can not wait to read book number two. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about magic, fantasy and paranormal romance.

Gypsy Madden
Jul 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Daphne’s brother is determined to find the family spell that can turn them into cats. But to find it, he enlists Daphne to get to know a vampire. So, in pursuit of academics, she enrolls in a night class and catches the eye of a handsome young vampire. She also finds that both her former crush and her brother’s best friend also both seem to be falling in love with her. Can she date them all?

Honestly, I’m not certain why the author even bothered to call Daphne a witch or even set this at a supern
Donna
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
This book irritated me. Not because the story was bad. No, it was actually decent. However, some authors seem to have forgotten that books are supposed to have a beginning, a climax and a resolutions. This book has the beginning and then just as the action is starting it just ends. There is nothing to this book. She goes to school and goes on a few dates. It seemed like the conflict was just starting when it ended. This is NOT a complete book. This is what turns me off of some authors. If you wa ...more
Brianna Belbin
This was a really great start to Daphne’s story in Grimalkin Academy! Daphne Chambers and her twin, Ryan, have recently started at Grimalkin Academy and are joined by friends from the past along with a new one, Mona. There’s supposedly an old family spell that allows a Chambers member to turn into a cat. Ryan convinces her to get close to a vampire so she can go to their library in the catacombs to find the spell. Along the way, she falls for her vampire, Heath, while two guys from her past seem ...more
Emily Pennington
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Daphne Chambers and her twin brother, Ryan, started attending Grimalkin Academy which gives them the opportunity of finding an old family spell that, according to legend, will allow a Chambers’ member to turn into a cat. Her brother thinks the spell will be found somewhere in the vampire library down in the catacombs. Ryan figures that if she gets cozy with a vampire, she’ll be able to access their library and convinces her to give it a try. However, she doesn’t expect to actually fall for the v ...more
Billie
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Studying at Grimalkin has been Daphne's dream since she was a little girl.
With her best friend unable to do the simplest spells, her brother determined to find an old family spell to turn them into cats, and hot dates with a vampire, her hands are full enough. Add to that two other guys trying to get her attention, and a teacher that seems to hate her, and Daphne's school year isn't quite going to plan…
Catching A Vampire is a slow burn paranormal academy with a reverse harem theme. It is book on
Christina Luberts
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daphne has always wanted to study at Grimalkin. She has her best friend Mona, who has lost her magic. Ryan her twin brother that wants to find a spell book to turn them into cats. Heath who she befriends to use him, but starts to like him. Cade who is her brothers best friend that she finds out likes her. Bradley her long time friend and boyfriend in grade school. A teacher who is out to get her. So much going on what is she going to do? What is it with these guys? What will Emma do to break her ...more
Belinda Clemons
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catacombs is a side story to Kittens and I just loved seeing what Daphne and Ryan and Daph's men got up to at the same time as what Mona and her guys. I was reading both series at the same time alternating between them.
Daphne and Ryan come to Grimalkin to find an old family spell to turn them in to cats. Ryan thinks that it will be in a Vampire library down in the Catacombs so persuades Daphne to get close to a vampire so they can get into it. but things don't go as planned and Daphne starts to
Charlotte
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Daphne (FMC) is a witch at Grimalkin Academy. If youve read Grimalkin Academy Kittens series you'll have already met her, Mona (her friend and roommate) and Ryan her twin brother. Daphne gets her own set of books in this series. When Ryan gets involved in a hair-brained idea she meets Heath. A vampire who she needs to help her do that but things dont work out the way she thinks and she starts to like Heath. Which brings its own complications. Loved Daphne and Mona in the Kittens series and this ...more
Donna
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book 1 of 3 in the new Catacombs mini series of the Grimalkin Academy books. These books feature Daphne's story, and I loved reading from her viewpoint. I won't tell you what happens (I hate spoilers!) but it's a great book, and I highly recommend it to all Grimalkin Academy fans, or lovers of supernatural stories, and its young adult target audience means it's suitable for all ages. Can't wait to see what happens next!
NB I received a complimentary copy of this book, but I always give an
Sandra
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-it, ebooks
My rating is a reflection of my expectation ( a book with a complete story) versus the reality - what appears to be the first part of a serial. At only 8 chapters long nothing of note happens except she goes on a couple of dates with a vampire, has two wizards get into a fight cause they both like her, then the vampire breaks up with her. That is it. There is no mystery to solve and no substance to the story. It is simply a few chapters about a witch that goes to an academy and goes on a date.
Erin
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grimalkin school has been a dream of Daphne's to attend and her brother Ryan will do anything to obtain his family's spell of transforming into a cat.I enjoyed all the twists and turns throughout the book
Phoebe
I do not know how Laura Greenwood does it, but she has made being back at Grimalkin Academy seem fresh in Catching A Vampire. Mind you this series came before the Kitten series which I have already reviewed, but she managed to keep Daphne’s life pretty much a secret in the Kitten series. So here I am back at the Academy and looking at it through the fresh eyes of Heath and Daphne.

I have to say that it is pretty cool. The mystery ahead has been hinted at, but Greenwood is concentrating on the rom
Felicia
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catching a Vampire by Laura Greenwood is a slow burn paranormal academy with a reverse harem theme that I listened to on audio narrated by Kate Richardson. This is book one in the Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs.

I just love Laura’s books. They always leave me begging for more. The Story does end on a cliffhanger, but that was no surprise since it was the first book in the series. I can’t wait for the second book Catching a Wizard to be released on audible.

Kate did a great job on the narration. I
K.M. Lowe
Mar 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay.

First book I've read by this author. I love paranormal stories and this cover attracted me to it. It's a quick introduction into Daphne's story and the Grimalkin series. It ends, leaving us needing to read book 2 to find out what happens. If you like YA PNR this might be for you. I can't say I liked or disliked this one, because it was over before I could really connect with the characters or story.
Shannon Risdon
Nice taster for an opening...

Really loved this book. As always from Laura....well written, good pace, and so much included...mystery, romance, twists, betrayal, strong characters and great world creation. Need to know what happens next...A slight cliffhanger leading seamlessly to the next adventure.
✨ Y.♡ˎ´
Apr 20, 2020 rated it liked it
3,6 stars.

Daphne Chambers has a mission to find out an old family spell that allows a Chambers member to turn into a cat. And that means falling in love with a vampire!

I can't say I liked or disliked this one, because it was over before I could really connect with the characters or story. I enjoyed it. It's a sweet paranormal romance, something I obviously needed.
Brenda
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved story and characters. Author does a great job in taking you to a creative world of paranormals. I’m not into rh but this one passed. I really enjoyed this story. Narrator did a great job and great pace. I recommend.
Mariah Penner
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
While I loved this book, I also felt that it ended just a little too soon! I do know, how ever, that the next book picks up directly where this one left of, so I guess all can be forgiven ;) I think this book does an exalent job of forshadowing what's to come, while still leaving much to be discovered.
mia
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An amazing start to a new series, absolutely absorbing and attention grabbing. Daphne's dragged into a scheme by her brother to find a lost family spell, that leads her into a romantic tangle. I really liked Daphne. and was heart broken for her over Heath, can't wait to see where the series goes.
Deborah Yunevich
Feb 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting interaction

Daphne and her twin brother attend Grimalkin Academy. He enlists her help in trying to find out if the family rumor is true. Is there a spell that will let them become cats. All Daphne has to do is get the help of a vampire. Unfortunately the one she clicks with is being pushed to marry another vampire in the school. Plus two other boys are interested in her also.
Kelly Madison
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick fun read

Great start to a new slow burn RH series with characters that are interesting and fun to read. It left me dying to know more.
Heather Steele
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast easy read.

Well written. Lovable characters. Easy story to follow. Excited to see what happens next. Will heath help or not? Will Emma lose Heath?
Karin Dirksen
Jul 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF at 30%. Couldnt appreciate the writing style and story felt very flat.
LMR
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Laura Greenwood & Booksprout!
Catching A Vampire (Grimalkin Academy Catacombs #1) by Laura Greenwood Catching A Vampire (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs Book 1) By: Laura Greenwood
She's Supposed 2 Be "Catching A Vampire!"
She's got a Spell to find...
But life's NEVER as easy as THAT!
Cuz this particular Spell...
Well it's Well hidden within the lair of the UnDead,
Sooo She's gonna have to go about "Catching A Vampire,"
To WIN His TRUST & Trick HIM into ReVealing Secrets LOCKED away inside a Grimoire!
Only "Catching A Vampire" isn't going quite as planned...
Cuz She's got feelings that are gett'n IN t
« previous 1 3 next »

• Feline The Heat (The Firehouse Feline, #1)
  • Sentinels of Oz
  • My Dragon Lord (Broken Souls #1)
  • Witching Hour (Mystic Hallows Harem #3)
  • The Glow of the Dragon's Heart (Harem of Fire, #0.5)
  • Wicked Truth (Cursed Coven, #9)
  • Wicked Shadows (Cursed Coven, #11)
  • Crown of Frost (Faerie Lords #1)
  • Prowling their Mate (Perfect Pairs, #1)
  • Scorch
  • Apprentices' Library (Chronicles of the Seventh Realm, #9)
  • Path of the Dark (Light and Darkness, #3)
  • Wicked Thorne (Cursed Coven, #1)
  • Below the Baubles (Seven Wardens #5.5)
  • Artemis' Divinity (Cruel Gods #1)
  • Dark Descent (The Arondight Codex Book 1)
  • Zero Hour (Order of the Dragon, #0.5)
  • Midsummer Moon Boxset (Midsummer Moon #1-5)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwo

Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs (3 books)
  • Catching a Wizard (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #2)
  • Catching a Warlock (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #3)