Start by marking “Prayer, Praise and Promises: A Daily Walk Through the Psalms” as Want to Read:
Prayer, Praise and Promises: A Daily Walk Through the Psalms

Prayer, Praise and Promises: A Daily Walk Through the Psalms

Come take a verse-by-verse journey of the Psalms through this 365-day devotional. Each essay, which address such topics as waiting on God, unconfessed sin, and rejoicing in adversity, will leave users meditating on God's Word throughout the day. And the closing thoughts will direct one's prayer life and encourage spiritual self-examination.
Paperback, 1 page
Published December 1st 1999 by Back to the Bible Publishing (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Prayer, Praise and Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prayer, Praise and Promises

Julie  Durnell
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, reread
I really loved reading this as my morning devotional this year. Although I've read the book of Psalms may times before, taking a whole year to read, study and digest the beauty of these words was amazing. Mr. Wiersbe instructed, inspired, and delighted me each morning with his insight and I love the psalms even more now. I plan on using this daily devotional again.
Hope
If you are used to more heavy-hitting devotionals like Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest, Wiersbe can seem "light" at times. (Frankly, there are some years that I need my devotional reading to be more comforting than convicting.) But light does not mean "fluffy" since the daily readings shed many insights into the book of Psalms.

I appreciated Wiersbe's explanations of certain Hebrew phrases and Jewish customs, but my favorite aspect of the book was his pithy comments such as:

How well w
Lori Hutchens
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this devotional so much, it is a daily walk through the Psalms and it is relevant year after year. This was given to me be a past friend and I imagine us studying the same devotional at the same tim, bitter sweet.
Sharon
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book.
Viann
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the most meaningful devotional books I've read...and reread. The Psalms mean so much more to me on a personal level after reading and thinking about the concepts in this book.
Linda
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love Warren Wiersbe!
Joyce
Aug 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is in my collection.
Devotional readings on the Psalms. Excellent! (365 of them) I think this is my second or third time through.
Cynthia Prosser
rated it it was ok
May 21, 2015
Ricky Sim
Apr 25, 2016
Warren W. Wiersbe, former pastor of the Moody Church and general director of Back to the Bible, has traveled widely as a Bible teacher and conference speaker. Because of his encouragement to those in ministry, Dr. Wiersbe is often referred to as 'the pastor's pastor.' He has ministered in churches and conferences throughout the United States as well as in Canada, Central and South America, and Eur ...more