Start by marking “A Gift Like No Other (An O'Connor Christmas)” as Want to Read:
A Gift Like No Other (An O'Connor Christmas)

A Gift Like No Other

(O'Connor Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change)

Her dream is writing.
His is the perfect wife and mother.
Until God fulfills them both
with a dream like no other.

Twelve years ago, Faith O’Connor happily gave up her dream as a copywriter to become a wif
Published October 20th 2019 (first published October 2019)

To ask other readers questions about A Gift Like No Other, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gift Like No Other

Start your review of A Gift Like No Other (An O'Connor Christmas)
Beth Erin
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review and giveaway featured on FaithfullyBookish.com

This sweetly steamy and inspirational romance novella will put readers in the mood to snuggle up with their spouses by the Christmas tree! Fans of A Passion Most Pure (book 1 of The Daughters of Boston series) will especially enjoy this “where are they now?” glimpse of Faith and Collin and the entire O’Connor clan. The author’s inclusion of relatable challenges and reminders to seek God’s will and apply His precepts in all areas of our lives t
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I'm Not Sure

I think this novella wasn't the best place for me to start for this author and this series. I could tell I was missing out on a lot of back story. This novella was all about the intimate relations between a married couple. It was a lot to jump right into.
Diana
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delight to revisit the lively O'Connors, who throughout the years have become like family to me! Julie Lessman (whom I've affectionately dubbed "la crème de la crème of sizzling romance") has penned another heartwarming, angsty story with two of my fave characters—the lovely Faith O'Connor McGuire and the super hunk of all heroes, the tall, dark, and dangerous Collin McGuire. Be sure to keep a fan handy, ladies!

Even though this is a Christmas novella there are plenty of fireworks between
MJSH
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julie Lessman’s books are powerful, deeply moving, thought-provoking, inspirational and beautifully romantic. And this Christmas novella just proves her mastery with words and emotions. This book is Christmas novella #5 in the O’Connor family series with six full-length novels in addition to the novellas. I actually haven’t read any of the books in the series but now feel the overwhelming urge to read all of them after finishing this novella. This can be read and fully enjoyed as a stand-alone. ...more
Courtney Clark
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Whew! Julie Lessman manages to balance sweetly passionate romances with deep spiritual themes and lessons. A Gift Like No Other does this well, showing the power of prayer and trust in the midst of marriage and everyday life. This Christmas novella will be particularly appreciated by readers of her “Daughters of Boston” or “Winds of Change” series because of all the familiar faces and wonderful family dynamics.
As the summary points out, this story is a little spicier in the romantic department w
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Have you ever read books that you fall in love with just from the blurb? And then, when you open the book and read it, it didn’t let you down? Yea, I get that with every single Julie Lessman book I read. No matter if it’s a full length, or a novella, I get all the feels and am never disappointed. Lessman truly delivered us a gift like no other with this read!

I fell in love with Faith and Conner in Lessman’s Daughters Of Boston series, so when I learned this novella was part of their story, I cou
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This Christmas story was everything I wanted it to be and more. It had just the right amount of passion to keep from blushing, but wanting to have some snuggle time with your hubby. I know some people may be against “passion” in their stories, but I think there’s a time and a place. Obviously I would want it to be with a married couple, and I wouldn’t want it so detailed that I felt uncomfortable reading it. Not to worry – Lessman brings the proper amount of spice to this story.

Here’s the thing
Sherida Stewart
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Snuggle up with a cup of orange-cinnamon tea and a sugary snickerdoodle, ready to be blessed by this sweet, spicy story!

Devoted fans of Julie Lessman’s writing know her books are filled with passionate emotions. Her well-developed characters settle into a special place in the reader’s heart. This is so true with this story as Collin and Faith’s seventeen-year marriage faces a few challenges, which all marriages do over time. I loved the way this husband and wife confronted their proble
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Julie Lessman
To borrow an oft-used phrase in the series, "Sweet mother of Job," how I have missed the O'Connors! I can barely believe that it has been practically 12 years since A Passion Most Pure, Julie Lessman's debut novel that introduced us to protagonists Faith O'Connor, Collin McGuire, and the rest of the memorable O'Connor family was published. Set in 1936, twenty years after the events of her first novel, Faith and Collin are navigating married life with ease until a career opportunity causes confli ...more
Julia
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Gift Like No Other by Julie Lessman is a Christian historical novel that focuses on a marriage. It is set in 1930’s America where the roles of husband and wife were different to today.
Gradually women were breaking free from the role of stay-at-home mum but there were still men who held the belief that a married woman, and especially one with children should stay at home. “It’s the thirties… where married women have no business in the workplace.” The domineering spirit of a husband means resent
Lisa
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give A Gift Like No Other 5 stars. This novella is a standalone, but if you have the read the series, you will know more of the background of the all characters. This is about a Christian marriage during a rough patch. So here is a WARNING: Due to a subject matter that deals with marital problems, please be advised that this sweet inspirational novella contains a higher level of romantic passion.
I definitely loved the characters Faith and Collin, they were one of my favorite couples from the s
Erica
Have I mentioned recently how much I adore Collin and Faith? No, I don't think I have. So here we go!

From A Passion Most Pure to A Gift Like No Other, I have loved this couple! Walking with them through their sometimes difficult yet heartwarming courtship, into their beautiful marriage has felt more like a privilege than entertainment. And while I might say that Emma and Sean became my favorite couple when I first read A Heart Revealed, Collin and Faith will always hold a special place in my hea
Carolyn
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
What fun to visit with the O'Connor family again, esp. the couple who started it all off - Faith and Collin!

In a world in which women (myself included) may lack the support and close-knit companionship of other women, especially family, the opportunity to eavesdrop on the conversations of the O'Connor women is a real gift. Their frank discussions of intimacy and marital love in the framework of Christian family life capture a little something of what those of us displaced by time, distance, and
Brittany
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved seeing into the heart of Collin and Faith’s marriage, with both their passion and love for each other, as well as their conflicts that needed to be worked out. This novella showed their human reactions to hurts, fears, and insecurities yet it also revealed hearts that, while perhaps stubborn at first, eventually yeilded to taking things to God in prayer and petition.

I thoroughly enjoyed this peek back into the lives of some of my favorite characters to read about!

I received a complimenta
Emily Yager
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those warm fuzzy reads that is perfect for curling up with a cup of hot tea.

This novella, while part of a series, stands just fine on it’s own. It shows the power that prayer has within a troubled marriage. Married couple, Collin and Faith, are going through a rough patch in their marriage. This story does a great job of showing how their faith and prayer helps them through it.

I loved this book. It’s very inspiring, emotional, and hopeful read with an HEA.

Warning though – it’s
Martha
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
In this continuing story of Faith and Colin, I enjoyed so many things about it. I found myself though, having trouble connecting with the character on occasion. I think it is just the place I am in right now, where it just wasn't hitting me right.

I would recommend this book to people that have a strong marriage, but have some minor troubles here and there. The time period is set when women were still a bit looked down on for working outside the home, which was hard for me, but accurate to the t
Grace Johnson
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers of The Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change
There is no place like home.
How true that old adage is! There simply is no place like the O’Connors’ in Boston, at least for me. 😊 I fell in love with this family not even a month ago, and now I can’t get them out of my head. From Patrick and Marcy’s strong marriage and deep love for family, Faith with her spirit and Collin with his signature humor, Lizzie and Brady and their brood, wild Katie and her husband Luke, hilarious—and uncontrollable—Gabe, to my all-time favorite O’Connor sister Charit
Veronica
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
I don't usually like books dealing with marriage issues but I loved the original love story of Faith and Collin so I was interested in reading this one. I liked catching up with the O'Connor family, especially Faith and Charity, seventeen years after Faith and Collin marry. It was interesting to see how Faith and Collin dealt with the idea of her working outside the home a couple days a week as issues from Collin's childhood came up and misunderstandings arose. There was plenty of romance and pa ...more
Pris
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, kindle, ipfi, lrobb
A Gift Like No Other was simply beautiful :) it's the perfect "epilogue" novella to the O'Connor family series, and it has Ms. Lessman's usual brand of Christian Faith and Sweet passion (this means that the main characters are married, and no, the author will never write gratuitous/graphic scenes, but it does show the passion and love that leads up to it. If in doubt if the book is for you, just go and read the first chapter in the "Look Inside" feature).
Having only read A Passion Most Pure, it
Nikki
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Good Ever After

I had mixed reactions to this throughout. A Passion Most Pure was the first Julie Lessman book I had ever read and I fell in love with her writing and her characters. It’s nice following up with not just Faith and Collin but the whole family even if it’s just snippets of facts thrown into a scene.
There were some disappointments but overall a good book.
Anasthasia Brache
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I have read the two series’ that involve the O’Connor family. This is an excellent addition to the story. I think Faith and Collin are my favorites of all the characters. This is a brief story of some struggles they face as a married couple. It is a beautiful story attesting to their love for each other, but had a powerful message of the importance of prayer.
Roselyn Hudson
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Faith and Collin's story has to be one of the most romantic stories ever written. I love every time Julie Lessman gives us a glimpse into their passionate, God-centered marriage. This book is truly a delight and a must read for historical-romance novel enthusiasts!
Wendi Huisman kitsteiner
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Julie Lessman is my favorite Christian fiction writer next to Francine Rivers. Can’t recommend her enough. If you like clean romance and great character development you will love Julie. I also love the historical fiction aspect of many of her books.
Sarah Vanscoyoc
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I’m not typically someone who enjoys novellas or intentionally seeks out Christmas stories. They just aren’t usually my cup of tea . . . but I do make exceptions for certain authors, and Julie Lessman is indubitably one of them. My usual arguments for avoiding them just don’t hold water with hers. So, if you’re like me, a long-held skeptic of anything that is less than 200 pages in length, give this one a try - I highly doubt you’ll be disappointed.
I’ve long been a fan of Ms. Lessma
Julie Graves
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, 2019-reads
It is always fun to check back in with the O'Conner family. If you haven't read The Daughters of Boston series you must check them out!

This Christmas novella features Faith and Collin. They've been married for 17 years now. Faith's dream has always been to be a writer but Collin has no desire for her to work outside of the home. What happens when communication in marriage is broken down and dreams are unfulfilled?

One of the things I love about Julie Lessman's books are the way that characters ar
Amy
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do believe that the novel, A Passion Most Pure, is my favorite Lessman novel, and might just be my favorite novel of all time. So I was tremendously excited when she was going to focus her latest Christmas story on Faith and Conner and this story, A Gift Like No Other, does not disappoint.

It has been about 17 years of marriage and three kids later for this very loving couple and they are still refreshingly in love. And at times they are very passionate about that love. So be forewarned, this n
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Another sweet Romance from one of my very favorite Romance writers. As avid readers of Ms. Lessman’s books, we all know the passion she has in all of her books, and this one is very passionate. Collin and Faith were experiencing marriage problems, it is the 1930’s and Collin strongly believes in women staying at home raising their children instead of working, but Faith is just as determined that she work. And Collin is not a happy husband.

These two well developed, head s
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
If you think Julie Lessman’s stories are smokin’ with sweetly steamy passion (within proper boundaries) before her characters are married, just wait until she gets ’em hitched! WHEW! Just go ahead and read this from the safety of your freezer...

Readers first met Faith and Collin on the pages of Lessman’s A Passion Most Pure and they’ve faithfully followed the O’Connors through the rest of the Daughters of Boston & then the Winds of Change series. It’s so nice to see them all again in this series
Andi
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: empty-shelf-2019
Get ready for some holiday cheer! This new book of Ms. Lessman will have wives wanting to snuggle up to their hubby's next to a warm fireplace. Since Julie Lessman first penned A Passion Most Pure her tagline has been passion with a purpose and she's lived up to that with every book she writes.

She puts her character's in compromising situations in order to highlight real issues that plague marriages today. Taking those situations she weaves nuggets of Bible precepts into what her character's ar
Erica Emelander
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Get in your comfy chair...you won’t want to put this one down! I have been waiting for quite some time for another book starring Faith and Collin, and I was in no way disappointed! They are my favorite couple in the O’Connor family, and have been one of my favorite couples in all literature since I read “A Passion Most Pure”. Revis

• Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • Royally Yours
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • Christmas at Whitefriars
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • Carolina Breeze (Bluebell Inn Romance, #2)
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Ruby Jane (The Montana Marshalls, #5)
  • Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls, #4)
  • Like a Winter Snow (Port Willis)
  • A Bride of Convenience (The Bride Ships, #3)
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • A Gilded Lady (Hope and Glory, #2)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
Julie Lessman is an award-winning author whose tagline of “Passion With a Purpose” underscores her intense passion for both God and romance. A lover of all things Irish, she enjoys writing close-knit Irish family sagas that evolve into 3-D love stories: the hero, the heroine, and the God that brings them together.

Author of The Daughters of Boston, Winds of Change, and Heart of San Francisco series

O'Connor Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change (6 books)
  • A Passion Most Pure (The Daughters of Boston, #1)
  • A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of Boston, #2)
  • A Passion Denied (The Daughters of Boston, #3)
  • A Hope Undaunted (Winds of Change, #1)
  • A Heart Revealed (Winds of Change, #2)
  • A Love Surrendered (Winds of Change, #3)

News & Interviews