Start by marking “Death Of An Aristocrat (A Lucy Anne Trotter Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death Of An Aristocrat (A Lucy Anne Trotter Mystery, #2)

Death Of An Aristocrat (A Lucy Anne Trotter Mystery, #2)

The gossip columns can talk of nothing else, and even the Regent is intrigued. The murder of Lord Beazley at Gopshall Manor has caused a sensation, and the fact that two sweet governesses could have done it has further tickled the nations bloodthirsty soul. Lucy Anne Trotter, who stands accused, steals a horse and hurtles off to convince the only man in the country who can ...more
Published February 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Death Of An Aristocrat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Of An Aristocrat

Start your review of Death Of An Aristocrat (A Lucy Anne Trotter Mystery, #2)
Sophia
After the events in A Murder at Rudhall Manor, Lucy gets a new governess post courtesy of Lord Adair and Adair goes on to wow the world with his cunning detecting talent and stunning good looks. However, murder finds Lucy once again and mayhem ensues pulling Lord Adair back into her orbit and the pair on another case. The hilarious hijinks, colorful quirky characters, and entertaining plot was a delightful amusement.

Lucy Trotter, the quirky, redoubtable governess is back in her second adventure
Ririn Aziz

I love Lord Adair!
Heatherinblack
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
a wonderful murder

and lucy was not nearly so annoying this time! i wish there had been more lord adair, but it sort of made it work. it gave lucy the opportunity to hook Jane in and get far along in solving the mystery. felt bad for the valet though.
Drebbles
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
When Governess Lucy Anne Trotter is falsely accused of murder, she turns for help from the person who got her the job Lord William Hartell Adair. Lord Adair agrees to help her but Lucy does some investigating of her own, along with the help of fellow Governess Jane Peyton. Lucy and Jane are on the verge of becoming good friends but Jane has a secret that threatens their friendship. Lucy begins to wonder just who she can trust and who is a killer.

Death of an Aristocrat is a laugh out loud murder
Debra Martin
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lucy Anne Trotter is free-spirited and a bit zany, but she always tries to enjoy every day to the fullest especially since her early life in the orphanage was quite a hardship on the slim young woman. When a guest dies at her newest post as governess, she is the first to be accused. She runs from the manor to the only man who has ever looked out for her, Lord William Adair. She was confident he would prove her innocence and find the real murderer.

I adore Ms. Wylde's books. They are so
Michelle
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
Think of it as a side story

I'm of a mixed opinion right now. I awaited this book eager to see more Adair and Trotter only to have the Lord absent for most of the book and Lucy taking a back seat to another girl's rather forced love story. I liked the mystery well enough, and like all of Wylde's books so far it gave me a few good chuckles, but it really was disappointing to have so little of the characters I actually wanted to learn more about. The ending left the promise of giving them more
Candi Foster
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a humorous murder mystery! Lucy never keeps life dull and her penchant for getting into scrapes continues in the sequel to Murder at Rudhall Manor as she finds herself a suspect for a murder at her new place of employment. Determined to clear her name she requests help from Lord Adair and starts trying to solve the mystery with the help of a fellow governess Jane. Filled with quirky characters, hilarious situations and witty banter the heroines seek to clear their names and find the true ...more
Kristin Gregozeski
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This mystery had me laughing from the start. The lovable Lucy Anne Trotter finds herself in trouble again and goes to the ever helpful Lord Adair for is influence in society and skills to find the real killer in the crime she is being accused of.

Though out the book Lucy gets her self into situations by being at the wrong place at the right time, while trying to solve the murder and impress Lord Adair so that he will train her in the skills she wants to find out who her parents are.

If you like
Aneesa Bhayat
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: excellent-books
Best of regency romance mystery
A who done it, regency period mystery that had me reading and playing detective at the same time. In TRUE Anya Wylde style it was humorous and captivating.
Lucy believes shes a true detective and has to solve the murder before shes marched off to the gallows for the crime. There are secrets and plots every step of the way that really is you wondering who did it. In between the chaos and fiascos a romance seems to be blossoming. Sweet, subtle and edge of your seat
Sharon
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lucy Anne Trotter has become the governess at Gopshall Manor. Lord Beazley, a guest has been murdered. Lord and Lady Willoughby are accusing Lucy. She takes a horse and goes to Lord William Hartell Adair for help. Will he unravel the mystery and find out who the killer really is? Quirky characters and humor make this an enjoyable read. This is a story you don't want to miss. Come along on this ride. Twists and turns will keep you turning pages.
I voluntarily received a copy of this book from the
Helena Keeley
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anya Wylde's book, Death of an Aristocrat is an enjoyable book to read. Ms Wylde is a very thoughtful and clever author I didnt guess the end of the story until really close to the end of the book. Even at the beginning of the book, I felt that I knew the two governesses personality. It was fun to guess what they would do to work together to try to solve the murder. Humor was intertwined throughout the story. And, love is involved in the story, too. I recommend the book, and I look forward to ...more
Laurie Cole
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Miss Trotter does it again!

This book is hilarious and our heroine is witty and half crazy to boot...Lucy Trotter wants to be a detective, can Lord Adair keep her from getting herself killed while she bumbles her way through the mystery. I love the characters Ms. Wylde creates...
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is ludicrously hilarious. Lucy is a loveable loon, and I adored Jane. I hope we see her again. The mystery made sense and actually had me wondering why I hadn't figured it out myself. I think Adair is great, and frankly I'd like a book 3 please!
Lisa Whitehead
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Totalling love!
Oh, I have been waiting, and waiting for Lord Adair to come back.
Its weird being in love with a fictional man. Im not sure what my husband would think😂
A fantastic read; full of wit and charm.
I only wish she would write more often.
Celeste
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What fun!

The zany, sweet, clever, funny, and intrepid Miss Lucy Anne Trotter is at it again - trying to solve a murder wherein she is a prime suspect. Chaos, romance, sinister goings-on, all lead to a mystery solved. Highly recommended.
Avalon
Mar 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish this book as it kept sending me to sleep. I've read other books by this author which I've thoroughly enjoyed but found this particular novel tedious
Angela
Francine Campagnini
Mar 29, 2020
Jean M. Caldora
Mar 08, 2020

• Murder in the Early Hours (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 4)
  • Death on the Isle of Love: A 1920s Mystery (Mrs. Lillywhite Investigates Book 3)
  • A Graceful Swan for the Fearless Marquess
  • Fair Weather Enemies
  • How the Lady Was Won (The Survivors, #7)
  • Murder & The Heir (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #1)
  • An Unconventional Countess (Regency Belles of Bath)
  • The Girl Who Cried Werewolf (Of Fates & Fables Book 1)
  • The Case at Barton Manor (Mrs. Lillywhite Investigates, #1)
  • Murder in the Evening (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 2)
  • Mystique Blaze (Supernatural Taskforce Academy: Mission Two)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • A Bottle of Betrayal for the Forgotten Duchess: A Historical Regency Romance Novel
  • The Painter (Silver Linings Mysteries, #4)
  • Murder by Candlelight (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 3)
  • Murder by Midnight (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Royall Send-Off (A Winnie Fassbinder Mystery)
Anya Wylde lives in Ireland along with her husband and a fat French poodle (now on a diet). She can cook a mean curry, and her idea of exercise is occasionally stretching her toes. She holds a degree in English literature and adores reading and writing.

News & Interviews

“Frightening,” she sneezed. “That drift is halfway up the tree.” “It’s a small tree.” 0 likes