Start by marking “Home In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #2)” as Want to Read:
Home In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #2)

Home In His Arms

(Wildwood Mates #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  212 ratings  ·  40 reviews

Ollie has always known he’s adopted, but he had no idea he was a freak.

Imagine the shock he got when he found out he’s not quite human… The only thing he can think to do is run before the only family he’s ever known discovers his secret, and toss him aside like the woman that birthed him.

As if finding out you’re a four-legged creature that howls isn’t bad enough, som

Published October 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Home In His Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home In His Arms

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Home In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #2)
NP
Oct 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Review contains spoilers....

I know what I’m getting with self published books. They’re not gonna be best sellers but, dear lord, this was some weak sauce. If you can get through several chapters of interminable exposition you finally get to the point. Oliver’s been shifter trafficked and is being held in a brothel with a handful of other omegas. Inexplicably, Oliver has never had the indignity of servicing a client. Inexplicable because there’s only a few shifters, why’s Anton (the brothel pimp)
Ericka Walden
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ohhhhkay... this totally redeemed book 1!!! 😁😁 I'll definitely be on the look out for the next on the series. ...more
Cee Brown
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•´After the fight to survive, Ollie's only thought was being home in Ronin's arms.

I liked it, a lot. And though it wasn't as impacting as book one, Safe in His Arms, the author was still able to mold the characters to give an interesting story.

When book one ended, Devon and Roman were trying to get their fast paced lives on track. But in order to do that, things from Devon's past had to be resolved. In walked youngest brother, alpha Ronin, Roman's twin. A former soldier, he wa
Badh
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Not bad

I'm giving this a 3.5. I liked the basic premise, and generally like the characters. I feel like the story overall left some loose ends.
Mikki James - Peters
Jul 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
I've read a lot of omegaverse books by Skye R. Richmond, but this book definitely did not do it for me. I found myself very disappointed in the writing of this novel. I felt we didn't really experience any of the story, but rather we were told what was happening, rather then being shown the progression of this so-called-romance. It seemed like the characters were emotionaless robots. They all lacked depth and any real true defining features that made them stand out.

I also was a bit confused whe
Deb Swietek
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While rescuing stolen omegas you find your mate. Can you keep him safe?

What a stunning second book in the Wildwood Mates series! The action is fast paced. The characters come alive, pulling you into their lives and not letting you go. This segment follows Ronin as he finds his mate, Ollie. When Ronin helps rescue imprisoned omegas he isn't expecting to find his mate. But find him he does. Ollie is new to his fur, newly omega, and terrified. But in Ronin's arms he is safe; he is home. HEA is as
Deirdre
Apr 05, 2021 rated it really liked it

A Special Gift
The second book in the Wildwood Mates series was much longer than the first book. It brought in many new characters both a group of former military Alphas and a group of abused Omegas. The Alpha of the abused Omegas used them to to earn money for his so called "pack", by pimping them out and using drugs to insure they wouldn't have heats.

The evil cruel Alpha held back with one Omega. He was designated as a Special Gift. And his mate found out that's exactly what he turned out to b
Siobhan Flynn
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing I love more than when fated mates find each other and try to make sense of what their feeling. Ollie had no clue he was a wolf and ends up in a dire situation with other omegas but when Ronin decides to catch up with old friends instead of attend a meeting his whole world changes. While to some it may be predictable i love how they found each other and the dramatic ending, it gave us a little bit of action and showcased how protective Ronin was while introducing his old teammate ...more
FAQs
Oct 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I like the story and the flow as well as the scare towards the end. However, while I have no problem with nicknames, EVERYONE has a nickname and even in the same sentence the author flips between both their given name and nickname. Which again not usually an issue, but it continues through the rest of the book. This makes it kind of confusing and hard to focus and read.

So while the story itself was great if you plan to use nicknames I won't forget the original name so it's ok to use their nickn
Amanda
I absolutely adore where this series is going. In this book we got a lot of resolution as to things that were going on in the previous book, but were also introduced to a whole host of characters that will hopefully keep this series going for a while yet. I really liked both Ronin and Ollie, and thought they were yet another interesting fated mates tale. Like with most fated mates stories, this was definitely a case of instantly knowing they were in love, but for me it worked with how Richmond h ...more
Alexis Woods
Eh

This was okay,but definitely more telling than showing. Story lacked emotional depth to the characters. Also I'm thinking Ollie is like 16 because we never get his age only that he turns at 16 and then immediately runs away and is picked up by the Evil Anton. Plus age gap in both stories that isn't addressed at all. Alot of neat and tidy wrap ups with little to no emotional baggage.

KU, book in series, paranormal, wolf shifter, mpreg, military men, age gap, mystery, death of a side character, a
Jesslan Rose
Home In His Arms By Skye R. Richmond

I liked this book about as much as I liked the first one... not much. I have the same complaints as the first book too. There was not much depth to the characters. I felt no chemistry between the MC's. I'm not feeling what's going on in this series in my heart either. It's like looking at a blank page. Which considering all the horrible things that have happened to the characters in both books is shocking.

Triggers: (view spoiler)
Larissa
Mar 18, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
This is a continuation of this series but I have to say, I didn’t like it as much as Book 1. This story focuses on Roman’s (from Book 1) brother Ronin finding his fated mate, Ollie. Like Book 1, it’s all instalove and it’s fast paced, but where in the first book, I felt like there was plot and character development, that seemed to be missing here. I just couldn’t connect with the characters or the events. Overall, it was just ok.
Rebecca Park
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ronin & Oliver are too adorable! My heart hurt for the omegas cause I wasn’t sure if they would make it before Ronin got there to get them! This stories are pretty fast reads but absolutely love it & I absolutely love the whole family! I’m hoping Nix & River are next but I can’t wait to read about Jax and his mystery alpha! ❤️😀
Janet Hunt
Mar 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the second in the Wildwood series. Ronin is sent in to help a group of Omegas, not realizing one of them is Oliver, his mate. I liked the first one a little better, this one is still a good story. I’m voluntarily reviewing from an advanced copy that I received.
Michelle
Mar 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great Read

Loved Ronin and Ollie. Loved watching Devon and Ollie interact. Didn’t enjoy seeing what happened to the other omegas but I know it was part of the story. Looking forward to seeing who Jax’s mate is and what is going on with River and Nix.
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read.
Rebekah
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book when Ronin goes and rescues some omegas he finds his mate. Ollie has a shock when he learns that he is a wolf shifter. This book has action and loving scenes.
Ali
Mar 14, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Ronin is looking into the bad alpha his brother’s mate had run from but found his everything in that. Ollie is so confused but knows him and the other omegas needed to get away and Ronin and his friends were able to get them away. I was glad Ollie Qasim able to reconnect with his family but found even more with Ronin.

I received a copy of this book and am giving an honest review
Kasey
Belinda Zamora
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great continuation to the series.
Ollie is a young omega who had no idea what shifters were until he became one.
He ran, fearing his family and other people's reaction.
He was on the streets, struggling when he met someone who seemed to be the answer to his prayers.
It was just a ruse and he soon found himself captive with other omegas who were brutally abused.
Ronin is a former soldier adrift after coming back home from overseas.
He meets up with former teammates who are bounty hunters and
SMC
Oct 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
If you were to tell me this book was “professionally edited & proofread” I would laugh in your face. Oh wait - this autor actually paid someone to NOT make her book better ?

I refuse to waste much more of my time on this book, so I will say this. This author has no idea how to create a conflict and move her characters in a way around it. Much like their little rescue mission, there was no plan, they - her characters and her - were just fumbling around, hoping something worked. The dialogue was b
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this wonderful sweet slow-burn Mpreg romance! It has an interesting plot with complex characters, who entwine well with each other & react with believable emotional feelings while they go on a journey of discovery as they continue to develop throughout the story-line.
There is: a young male omega (Ollie) adopted as a child discovers that he is not exactly human & runs away only to be taken captive by a despicable human (Anton) but manages to escape a few months later with
Amanda
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another fun, sweet, hot shifter mpreg story from Skye Richmond. I loved being back in this world, this time for Ronin’s story. Ollie is such a perfect mate for Ronin, a match for him in all ways with such a sweet and lovely personality. He is freaking adorable, honestly. I like how this book’s arc ties into the plot of the first book and Devon’s past. Anton is a total (insert insult here), ugh. This book will keep you entertained from start to finish.. I absolutely loved the end of this ...more
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Home in His Arms is the first book in Skye Richmond's Wildwood Mates series.

Maddox is a man who has no desire to find a fated mate. He's always thought of it as more of a burden than a blessing. But when he sets off to save omegas who are being held in a brothel, he meets his other half, Ronin.

This story is a fast paced, quick read that packs a lot of punch into it's pages. I really enjoy this love story between fated mates Ronin and Ollie.

Their story includes abuse and danger, some wonderfully
Xochitl
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading “Safe in his arms“, the prequel for this story, I was waiting for the continuation in this amazing series. The plot is interesting and full of action and even if they are some triggers and situations that make me cry a little, at the end all finish well. The MCs found their fated mates in difficult circumstances but as always, love gave them hope. Again, hot scenes and Mpreg helps to create a wonderful HEA. The book profiled future stories with other great characters so I can’t wai ...more
Rachwithheadinabook
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good reading

This book in the series carries on from the previous short freebie Safe in his arms, Oliver has been kidnapped by the same Alpha who had Devon, Ronin as Roman's twin has been tasked with rescuing the other omega's putting these two on the path to meet.

This is a low angst, mpreg read which is enjoyable enough that with all the secondary characters the series can continue for a time.
Patricia Nelson
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic, grab-you-by-the-feels, poignant, heartbreaking yet ultimately hopeful, beautiful, slow burning, engaging, endearing, amazing, wonderful, fresh, and totally awesome twist on the stale, staid, and same old shifter storyline. It had me hooked from beginning to end, and I can't wait to see what happens next. ...more
Keith
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Addition to the Series

There are a few moments in the story which cause a bit of eye-roll at the obvious ill-thought behavior but for the most part this is a decent second book. Good character development and a supportive cast. Ends on a positive note with a hint at what to expect in a third book.
Stephanie
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait for this continuation of this series and this book didn't disappoint. I love Ronin and Ollie! They are so perfect together. Skye Richmond has made such an amazing story that just pulls me in and I can't wait for the next one in this series. ...more

• The Devoted Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #3)
  • The Defiant Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #2)
  • Constantine (Warlocks of Amherst #3)
  • Mine to Keep (Pine Ridge Pack #2)
  • Grantham (Warlocks of Amherst, #4)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
  • Wolf Moon (Alpha Triplets #3)
  • Mine to Protect (Pine Ridge Pack, #3)
  • Sinister Shadows
  • The Reluctant Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #1)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves, #1)
  • The Grumpy Grizzly's Omega (Male-Order Mates #1)
  • The Alpha's Christmas Wish (Hobson Hills Omegas #7)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
  • How to Catch a Biker (Chester Falls, #5)
  • Dragon Treasure (Dragon Hoard #3)
  • Rescued by the Alpha (Alaskan Wolf Alliance #1)
  • Miracle on Shifter Street (Vale Valley Season Four #6)
Also publishes as Rheland Richmond.

For as long as she can remember Skye had her nose stuck in a book, getting lost in the world of someone else's creation (She still does). Her love for writing came from her love for reading. She could never have one without the other.

Writing was always a hobby and a cathartic experience for her. There are many stories lost to the never to be completed or publishe

Wildwood Mates (4 books)
  • Safe In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #1)
  • Whole In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #3)
  • Healed In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #4)

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....