Start by marking “Call Upon Him” as Want to Read:
Call Upon Him

Call Upon Him

The original version of this book was titled Prayers For Success, and it was first published in 2011. Now in 2019, Ustaz Mizi Wahid has collaborated IMAN Publication to revise the contents and produce an updated version of this book with the title renamed to Call Upon Him : 21 Steps To Strengthen Our Trust In Allah

This book is not merely a compilation of supplications
Hardcover
Published 2019 by Iman Publication

To ask other readers questions about Call Upon Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Call Upon Him

Start your review of Call Upon Him
Haliza Ali
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the book very much. Easy to understand, concise and most important part makes me ponder about my faith, current practice and how I can do better.
Nisa
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Call Upon Me is the revised version of Prayers For Success. Like the predecessor, this book is a must read. Previously, I would always bring Prayers For Success along with me whenever I travelled for work. It served as a reminder to me, to supplicate when travelling. I read and reread it many times. Now that the book has been revised, I'll bring Call Upon Me next whenever I travel.

Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, the book is a must read. Content is easy to understand because Ustaz Mizi used
Najwa Al Helsy
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alhamdulillah berjaya habiskan baca buku ni. Banyak perkara baru yang saya dapat daripada buku ni. Antaranya, perbaiki cara berdoa, minta apa yang kita mahu secara spesifik & jangan putus asa dalam berdoa sebab Allah sentiasa mendengar. Jika doa kita belum dimakbulkan, mungkin itu cara yang Allah tetapkan untuk menghindari diri kita dari mudarat. Allah lebih tahu apa yang terbaik untuk hambaNya.

Satu bahagian yang paling buat saya terkesan adalah kisah tentang doa seseorang yang tak
mochi
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: islam
Love Mizis writings so much! Its so easy to understand, and the contents are really precise. Thank you so much for the amazing piece. ...more
Ameliafarahani Zulkifli
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
I love it so much! I can imagine myself reaching this book in times of the need for remembrance in Allah, which is often as we human always forget. I like how the author makes me want to ask and pray to Allah even the smallest thing that I need as I didn't realise the beauty in it before. The simple narrative and words are also easy to grab and follow. Highly recommended to all my Muslim sisters and brothers.
Suraya (thesuraya)
Life changing
Hanie Noorhelmee
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More towards Dua and supplications which is why I personally like this book better especially if youre struggling with or doubting your prayers. One thing I would like to highlight from this book is our manners in making Dua itself (e.g. how to do it and how to internalise it). Reflecting about it reminds me that; just like collage applications or job interviews where you would get to know the organisation better in order to get in, thats how much you need to get to know Allah better so that ...more
Aliyah Rambely
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aliyeowxread2020
Feels like I am reviewing all the knowledge I knew and this book really helpful for those who seek the truest way of life and not forget for those who always forget (human being created to forget and reminding each other).

And hopefully this book will help me to get through the hardest days, amin
Amalina Naseer
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written for those seeking to strengthen relationship with Allah through prayers. One of my favourite pages is when the author discusses how to start our own gratitude list (page 128-133). It is simple and easy to follow.
Alaska_ Syafiqah
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a 5stars book. Easy to understand, clear explanations and it reminds me of the important aspects in making dua. Love it truly love it. May Allah bless the author.
Preene K
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
very simple read! finished it in just two sittings!
Noral
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Many good points to practice. Insya Allah. Thank you mizi wahid
Jannah
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kadang kadang the steps nampak macam too simple (when i browse through the table of content). Tapi actually when you read through, tak simple sebenarnya. The way Mizi Wahid writes is such that it triggers you to think deeper & reflect on yourself but not in a condescending way. I love that the duas & the meanings are included strategically after every step/ chapter.

Also, fyi, i think that there were several typos & that the number of pages tak tally with the table of contents.
Faridahyunos
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good book. I could use all the tips to improve my way of making Du'a. I like the way he wrote the book, very easy to understand step-by-step guide of making proper Du'a and how the book can help me to believe in Allah's way of answering my prayer. In shaa Allah. Very recommended.
Fifah
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Comprehensive steps to making doa. Awesome read👍 ...more
Rhapsodysufi Othman
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a must read book. if youre searching for the important of prayers in our life, this is the go to book. Alhamdulillah. ...more
Akai Ichigo
rated it did not like it
Nov 27, 2019

• How To Master Your Habits
  • Dear God
  • Empayar 2: Hikayat Mukjizat Daripada Iblis
  • In the Footsteps of the Prophet: Lessons from the Life of Muhammad
Muhammad Tarmizi Bin Abdul Wahid is the CEO of Safinah Institute, an Islamic education centre which was started in Singapore in 2009. It conducts Islamic courses in English for all age groups engaging the students with questions, sharings and discussions.

Safinah also conducts camps for teens and children as well as spiritual retreats for adults on a regular basis which are led by Tarmizi.

He is a