Start by marking “What I Like About You” as Want to Read:
What I Like About You

What I Like About You

Can a love triangle have only two people in it? Online, it can... but in the real world, it's more complicated. In this debut novel Marisa Kanter explores what happens when internet friends turn into IRL crushes.

There are a million things that Halle Levitt likes about her online best friend, Nash.

Hes an incredibly talented graphic novelist. He loves books almost as much as
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about What I Like About You, please sign up.
Alexis Hey! What I Like About You only follows Halle's perspective…moreHey! What I Like About You only follows Halle's perspective (less)

Start your review of What I Like About You
Rachel Solomon
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU is a YA gem and one of my all-time favorite books. Marisa Kanter has such an authentic teen voice, and I fell head over heels for her characters.

The Jewish rep in this book is the closest to my own upbringing, which was so wonderful to see. I also love the way Marisa treats online friendships as the valid, important relationships they are. It's a lovely, special book that made me smile, laugh, cry, and hug it tightly to my chest.
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
I really hope this doesn't do to book bloggers what FANGIRL did to fangirls because... I would be really, really sad if that happened.

Crossing my fingers that this is good.
may ➹
this sadly was not like Miraculous Ladybug with a fake love square that is actually a line, and it was instead a fake love triangle that is actually a line but with a lot of lying

Caryn - iam.caryn
This is definitely a YA book meant for teens. I never rate a book low for the reason that, heaven forbid, a YA book be meant for YA readers.

Ive always been an advocate that reading doesnt have an age limit. A book may be be marketed as YA, but that doesnt mean ONLY YA can read it. It just means that YA CAN read it.

The reason why I would say adult YA readers may not want to pick this up, is the constant (and I mean constant), bashing of adult YA readers. It wasnt necessary and it felt insulting.
Katie B
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it

I actually had picked up this book about a month ago and read 20 or so pages and decided to stop and read something else. Sometimes a book might not be working for you in the moment and it's okay to try again at a later date. I'm glad I gave this one a second chance because I did end up enjoying it. Definitely recommend reading especially if you have a book blog or post about books on social media.

Teenager Halle Levitt has a popular YA book blog but she posts under the name Kels. Her
4.5/ 5 stars

What I Like About You is a debut Young Adult contemporary romance.

This is such a cute YA read! I really enjoyed this book. The girl in this book writes a blog where she combines her love for reading Young Adult books with her love for making cupcakes. She designs cupcakes to go with her favorite YA books.

This book takes place in Middleton, Connecticut. The narrator is Halle (senior in high school - 1st person POV).

Halle loves books and she loves baking. Online she is known as Kels, a
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
*3.5 stars*

I blew through this in two sittings and had a blast. This is definitely one of those books where the main characters decisions will stress you out the. entire. time., so just be aware of that going in if youre someone who gets easily frustrated at YA protagonists (personally, I love flawed protagonists because THAT WAS ME as a teenager). There was also a lot of lying, which added to the stress for sure. BUT I loved the friendship dynamics, and I especially loved the warm and fuzzy
Tiffany (Read By Tiffany)
This book better come with a cupcake recipe!!

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2020
I received an ARC from Simon Schuster Canada in exchange for an honest review.

I'm going to be honest and let you know that this book was not on top of my priority list. I thought the synopsis sounded like bait to book bloggers out there and the author would do some *cringe worthy* "relatable" stuff that would make me want to claw my eyes out. But guess who was severely wrong? Me! This book was relatable in every sense but realistic. Marisa Kanter works in the publishing industry. She knows the
Sierra Elmore
I was super lucky to read an early copy of this amazing book. Marisa's debut is a complex tale of mistaken (or hidden?) identity, family complications, and first loves, all wrapped up in a sweet, sassy package. Think: a delectable mix of Morgan Matson, ALWAYS NEVER YOURS, and a splash of The Great British Bake-Off (yes, there are PLENTY of desserts to be found!).

The characters and situations ring true, and there's plenty of fandom and blogging references to keep teens fervently flipping pages!
Dahlia
This was too freaking adorable for words, and I looooved all the stuff about book blogging, internet friendships, and YA. It was really freaking stressful waiting for the truth to come out - like, among the most stressed I have been in a rom-com - but super worth it and I would pay more than zero dollars for epilogue.

TW: (view spoiler)
Vee_Bookish
Mar 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
I'm reading Simon vs at the moment, and this sounds like it could be the perfect follow up.
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: What I Like About You
Series: standalone
Author: Marisa Kanter
Release date: April 7, 2020
Cliffhanger: no
Genre: YA romance

If you liked Tweet Cute by Emma Lord, you just found your next YA fix. I was immediately drawn to this book because the heroine is a book blogger. She also suffers from social anxiety, so she's more than a little awkward in social situations when she's not online. Nerdy/shy characters are my jam, so obviously this book was kind of made for me. While I enjoyed how
The Nerd Daily
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Annie Deo

What I Like About You is the debut young adult contemporary novel from Marisa Kanter with an intriguing original premise about a love triangle between a boy, a girl, and her online persona.

Halle Levitt is the granddaughter of a well-known editor from a major publishing house, and after deciding at the age of 14 that she wanted to explore a career in the same industry, she created an alternate persona to avoid her brand being built on
Sophie Gonzales
AHHH this is one of the cutest books Ive ever read. And Im saying that in an entirely unbiased way. I finished this book in two days (with, like, 80% of it in one hit), because it is just. That. Fun.

Halle has the most endearing, hilarious voice. Once you start reading her, its like you know her in real life. And even though I didnt agree with her decisions (good god I facepalmed at some of them) I totally understood how she got there. And she was facepalming at herself right along with me, so
Rosiee
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read an early version of TO BE (MIS)READ and I love this book with my whole heart! It's nerdy and Jewish and encapsulates absolutely everything I love about online friendships. These characters feel real even when they're lying about who they are, and so do the cupcakes... which is too bad, because you can't eat them.

Also I am #1 Gramps fan. He's perfect. Everyone else can go home.
Jenn
description

^^^^ literally me reading this book

Ok guys, this book was freaking adorable! I read it in one sitting and I'm pretty sure I was smiling the entire time. Marisa Kanter created this wonderful, feel good story about young love and the fears teens face showing their true selves. Fantastic debut!

Halle Levitt lives her life online. Online she has a following in the book world. Known for her beautiful cupcake book covers, Halle has created this persona that's larger than life. And she's always been
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
What I Like About You is a fun and flirty romcom all about books and cupcakes - what more could you want? We follow the complicated love triangle between Halle Levitt, a book nerd slowly coming to terms with the loss of her grandmother 6 months ago by using her online personality, book blogger extraordinaire, Kels Roth, and Kels online BFF Nask Kim. When Halle moves in with her grandfather at the start of senior year, her two worlds - and personalities - collide.

I had a lot of fun reading this
Autumn
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"The flowers are dead, I'm surrounded by orange, and a suitcase has been disemboweled in the search for a phone charger."

I'm a firm believer that the first line of a book is incredibly important. This one caught my interest and before I knew it, I was face-to-face with a main character who might as well have been me, only she gets a more fun YA adventure than my actual life. I mean, a bookstagrammer, blogger, book reviewer girl who is incredibly bad at making friends and talking to people in
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

What I Like About You by Marisa Kanter is a story about a love triangle that really only has two people in it. I normally shy away from books about social media or books since they are generally cringey, but this one has a little more depth to it.I enjoyed the balance of wholesome moments with more heavy ones, but the main character became a little bit frustrating. The love triangle is meant to be a nice tension, but since Halle brings all the drama upon herself
Iris

This book was cheesy and stupid and ridiculous and overdramatic but I loved it with my entire heart. This was a book about a YA book blogger, and (even tho I don't really blog anymore) I genuinely don't think I've ever felt so seen.

This community, this messy wonderful community, means the world to me, and seeing it in a book was just... mind blowing. The magic and the petty drama, the difficulties and the triumphs... you can tell this was a book written for us.

Full review to come closer
Becca (Coffeebooksandjournals)
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Review will be up on my blog soon

coffeebooksandjournals.wordpress.com
Lynn
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I received What I like About You through a Goodreads Giveaway.

I am not a person for romances, particularly teenage ones, but I do love both cupcakes and YA. I was worried when I received What I like About You in the mail because it looked almost too romance heavy, but the promise of cupcake fascination was enough to motivate me to push away my fears and start reading.

At first, What I Like About You, was almost painfully awkward. I can honestly say I didn't like it from the start. The story felt
Stephanie
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
This wasn't really for me. Full review to come.
Jessica Lyn
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
*Review closer to publication*
Nicholas
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
This looked and sounded like a great book, but when I started reading it I couldnt connect with any of the characters. I ended up pulling through and finished it, but throughout the rest of the book I still didnt like the characters. I didnt like the way it was written either. It was definitely not the most well written in my opinion, but I think that other people will definitely like this more than I did. That is why I decided not to spoil it.

It was good enough to give ⭐⭐/⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars though
michelle (magical reads)
3.5 - 3.75 Im still deciding

this was really cute!!

but also I always find books that are CENTERED around books / blogging / fandom so cringey and this one wasnt really an exceptionI still liked it but there were some parts that i was likenoeven though it was a fairly accurate depiction of what my blogging experience has been idk

rtc
Kelsey Quick
Dec 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr
Definitely adding to TBR because of the weirdness of a love triangle with only two people in it...

as well as the main character going by Kels. #canrelate
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Thorn
  • More Than Maybe
  • We Are the Wildcats
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • House of Dragons (House of Dragons, #1)
  • Tweet Cute
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • The Lucky Ones
  • Chasing Lucky
  • Admission
  • Every Reason We Shouldn't (Every Reason We Shouldn't, #1)
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Break the Fall
  • Four Days of You and Me
  • Together We Caught Fire
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
Marisa Kanter has worked in publicity for major publishers and covered YA books for MTV. Currently, she works in sales, on the distribution side of the publishing industry. She can often be found searching for the best iced chai in NYC, or reading on the 3 train. What I Like About You is her first novel. Follow her at marisakanter.com and on Twitter @marisakanter