Start by marking “Dangerous Remedy (Dangerous Remedy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Remedy (Dangerous Remedy, #1)

Dangerous Remedy

(Dangerous Remedy #1)

Camille, a revolutionary's daughter, leads a band of outcasts a runaway girl, a deserter, an aristocrat in hiding. As the Battalion des Mortes they cheat death, saving those about to meet a bloody end at the blade of Madame La Guillotine. But their latest rescue is not what she seems. The girl's no aristocrat, but her dark and disturbing powers means both the Royalists ...more
Expected publication: May 5th 2020 by Zephyr

Start your review of Dangerous Remedy (Dangerous Remedy, #1)
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
Frankenstein meets chaotic disaster gays during the French Revolution? How could I not be intrigued.

Full review to come, but this is an really fun novel with lush historical worldbuilding, fully-fleshed characters and relationships, and lots of gays. Perfect for fans of Six of Crows & The Gilded Wolves.

[Buddy Read with Imi, Lauren & Moon]

I received an advanced review copy in exchange for an honest review
No One
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bloody, brutal and real

I honestly dont see how anyone can not love this book it has everything anyone could want. Historical fiction, rag tag team, humour, badassery, LGBTQ rep, powers and more honestly this book was written for me I swear.

The only thing I would change is I would love to of had each chapter for each character to know how they are feeling its all very based on CAMILIE AND ADE

I would love some chapters of Al and Guil and Olympe to hear about their background and their stories but
Zoe
Nov 27, 2019 marked it as release-2020
Useless gay's in the French Revolution? We have no choice but to stan
c, (½ of readsrainbow)
well,

(4.5)

rtc

Rep: biracial (Black, white) lesbian mc, Black mc, bi mc, gay mc

CWs: human experimentation, gore, violence
NAT.orious reads ☽
Sooo, I don't mean to brag but...

I might know something about this you don't.
Ams
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE BOOK
The Artisan Geek
Feb 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: bookcase

28/2/20
Thanks Zephyr for gifting me a copy of this book!

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Lizzie (Littlehux) Huxley-Jones
I cannot possibly explain to you how fun this book is. I know, you're gonna ask me how a novel set in the French revolution featuring the threat of the guillotine could be "fun" but the answer, my skeptical friend, is that it's a heist novel. And it's extremely gay.

Dangerous Remedy was pitched as disaster bisexuals caught up in weird magical science, a kind of Frankenstein meets Six of Crows. And it's exactly that.

On a mission to retrieve a prisoner, Camille, the daughter of a murdered
Monogamist
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I received a free e-copy via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is definitely a great debut novel and I recommend it for all the historical fiction fans. It has a big chunk of great queer characters, it was super easy to read and Kat Dunn's description of post French Revolution Paris is absolutely amazing. It has an intriguingly fast paced plot and I liked that it jumps straight into the story from page one.
The plot twist at the end was a huge surprise and made me drop my jaw.
Helen Corcoran
Slightly better review:

I was looking forward to Dangerous RemedyI love historical fiction, and add queer characters and Im there with practically bells on.

I read this over two days, the last few I had left before returning to work in January, and Im so happy I could give this the breakneck reading pace it deserves. SO MUCH happens in this book, both emotional and in terms of plot.

I loved the group of disaster queers trying to do the right thing as best they can in Revolutionary France, but Ada
♠ TABI ♠
Sep 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
this looks so wild

I want it so much
Kristina Hart
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS for Dangerous Remedy :)

Dangerous Remedy is a Cleverly written book. It is action-packed from the very first page. It revolves around the French Revolution. Following a ragtag team of individuals called "The Battalion of the Dead", their aim is to help people, to cheat death of the guillotine. They try to do what they think is right. Stuck between the French Revolutionists and the Royalists, who both seem to have extremes in their views.
Camille and her team are hired to break a young
E.
From author's twitter:

"pitched as stranger things in the french revolution, there's an ensemble cast of queer disasters, two girls in love and a bi love triangle. plus strange science, swashbuckling action and a little magic 💀"
Greyson | Use Your Words

Thank you to Netgalley for providing me an advanced reader copy in exchange for my honest review.
___
BlogInstagramTwitterTumblr
Rebecca
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Camille is panicking. Theyre latest job was going swell until Ada and Al crashed the balloon and now its not just their mark they have to rescue. While Guil runs off to rescue their crew mates Camille delves deeper into the Prison intent on rescuing their mark, a young woman sentenced to death by a corrupt revolutionary government. Only when she stumbles into her room she senses something is wrong, the girl is practically stitched into her clothes, and has a huge metal mask around her head. When ...more
Sian
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cover: I am weirdly obsessed with this cover! I love a good green cover and dont think theres anywhere near enough out there so this beauty is totally up my street! I also love the tiny nods to the book without being in your face.

Main Character: Im gunna go there and say Cam is one of my favourite characters! Shes just a total disaster, she has so many excellent plans that tend to not quite be executed (pardon the pun) to perfection. And that just made her character so much better! So many gang
Liam
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Dangerous Remedy. A historical thriller, it takes us back to a fascinating time in history. The French Revolution has removed the monarchy and aristocracy, but it's a dark and dangerous time, the Terror. Revolutionaries are turning on each other, executing anyone within their own ranks who wavers or holds different views to the ruling powers, and the royalists are still actively working to overturn it all. This churning pool of politics and executions is where our group of ...more
Lucy Saxon
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast-paced, full of drama, and with characters you would happily take a bullet for within the first fifty pages. I got a teeny bit lost with some of the revolution talk, but as someone with absolutely zero knowledge of the French Revolution past having seen Les Mis once, I expected that to happen. It still didn't detract from the heart-pounding plotline, and I can't wait to read the next book!
Vee_Bookish
Mar 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING SINGING THE SONGS ON ANGRY MEN, IT IS THE PE-

"Camille, a revolutionarys daughter, leads a band of outcasts a runaway girl, a deserter, an aristocrat in hiding. As the Battalion des Mortes they cheat death, saving those about to meet a bloody end at the blade of Madame La Guillotine"

gods, yes.
Rachael Mills
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. A fun, fast-paced, and heart-pounding adventure set in an atmospheric Revolutionary Paris. The humour was well-placed and the romance subplot was balanced perfectly. Camille, Ada, Al and Guil have become my new favourite gang. I highly recommend preordering this one!
Moon
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
The concept was cool, but it felt a bit rough in the writing, and it was a bit all over the place. Ada was probably my favourite character.
ashortbooklover
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Real rating 4.5 stars but my god, what a book!
Kahlia
This was a wild ride... review to come.
Megan Lowe
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

I had such high hopes for this book. The blurb sounded amazing and right up my alley. Unfortunately it fell flat for me.

I felt as if I never really got to know the characters, and who they are as people. I wanted to see so much more of them, how they play off each other, how they interact with each other, how they function as a group. We see and get none of that. Camile, to me, was particularly unlikable.

Secondly, this book read as if it were the second book in a series. I actually had
Dan Bassett
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one tale of revolution that is a total joy!
Camille is the daughter of a revolutionary and with that comes a sense of responsibility for the lives of people in peril and who have a date with Madame La Guillotine, and along with other outcasts she heads the Batallion des Mortes!
Together they save those who need their help, for a price of course! After all, this is revolutionary France and it's every man for himself on how to make ends meet until things finally settle down.. or will they?
Serena
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.**

This book has it all humour, LGBTQI representation, oddly matched team, magic, and to top it all off as a historical fiction, you might learn something new!
Kat Dunn has done very well in her research behind her book to make sure that what she is writing is accurate as well as entertaining for the reader. She has created developed characters, who have flaws but are
Claire Knight
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full of mystery, intrigue, betrayal and not to mention rolling heads. Whats not to love about this book?
I throughly enjoyed it, it reminded me a bit of Six of Crows in a way with all the schemes.
I really dont know what else to say I think I am still coming down from the high of finishing it ... but damn it was a good book.
Sifa Poulton
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. it has not affected my opinions

This is such a fun romp through historical Paris, with Cam, Ada, Al and Guil as they race to save people from the guillotine. The pacing is superb, with lots of short chapters you just keep turning. The character focus is on making choices for yourself, and it plays out so well
Neelam
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgally and Zephyr for sending me an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this story and I am looking forward to the next book!

This book is about a group of young friends trying to help those who have no one else to turn to and in doing so they get in way over their heads and end up in a very dangerous situation.

I loved all the characters, they each had their own storylines which also overlapped into the main story so it made them more complex and interesting. We
Melissa Kirkman
Jan 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
Dangerous Remedy by Kat Dunn is a mixture of history and fantasy in one novel. Set with a backdrop of the French Revolution, a rag tag group of young people are saving people from being beheaded when suddenly they find themselves rescuing a girl with strange powers. They have to fight to keep her safe from both sides of the revolution as they hunt to find her.

I liked the idea of this book, but it didn't catch me. I found that the characters were introduced too fast with too many details about
Goodreads Librari...: Conflicting release dates 2 22 Nov 22, 2019 05:09AM

• The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Mercies
  • The Highland Falcon Thief
  • Loved (House of Night Other World, #1)
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • Queen of Coin and Whispers
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • Anna K
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)
  • Willow Moss the Lost Day (Starfell, #1)
  • Thorn
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • The Gravity of Us
  • The Deathless Girls
Kat Dunn grew up in London and has lived in Japan, Australia and France.

She has a BA in Japanese from SOAS and an MA in English from Warwick. Shes written about mental health for Mind and The Guardian, and worked as a translator for Japanese television.

Her fiction has been shortlisted for the Mslexia Novel Competition, and Dangerous Remedy is her first novel.