Start by marking “A Leaf and Pebble” as Want to Read:
A Leaf and Pebble

A Leaf and Pebble

Two friends. A few airships. One shadowy group. A phenomenal ride through a new world rich in action and adventure.

In a land of elemental magic and Learner Skill, a gripping tale of two friends who narrowly avoid death while attending the school under the mountain takes place. As both are forced to flee before finishing their studies, they must unravel and attempt to thwar
Kindle Edition, First, 687 pages
Published December 5th 2019 by Independ Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Leaf and Pebble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Leaf and Pebble

Start your review of A Leaf and Pebble
Belinda
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars - English Ebook 🦋🦋🦋
Epic fantasy. Epic quest. A lot of danger and friendship. Two young friends who do not know what their in for. A new world with Naturals and learners. Check it yourself. I recomment it. 🌹🌹🌹
Andrew Monroe
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well, I can't really offer an impartial review or guarantee you'll like this book, but I had a blast writing it, and I'm pretty proud of what's come out of the effort. Hope A Leaf and Pebble matches your expectations and leaves you better off than before you read it.
Brittany Brickzin
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are reading this, then go ahead and click that order now button, baby. You could already be one sentence deep into A Leaf and Pebble.

Whatever you are searching for, it's in this book:

Bromance? Check.
Potential love interest? Check.
Sharp, stabby stuff? Check.
Magic? Double Check.
Suspense and tragedy? Check.
Good times? All around, Check.

Do yourself and others the favor of reading this book and sharing it. You'll benefit, they'll benefit, and doesn't it feel good to support new authors and sto
Amanda Khong
Nov 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Ugh, I actually feel pretty bad about reviewing this low - I just want to say that the author is super cool, and I really wanted to like this book. He seems really open to growing as a writer, and he was very responsive when I needed a different format in order to read. Thank you so much Andrew Monroe, for being responsive and giving me a free ARC so I can leave a review voluntarily. I really appreciate it!! :)

The idea of elemental magic?? Love it. Something about the bad guys looking for magic
Derek Porterfield
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fans of fantasy will be immediately caught by this incredibly crafted world and the two lead characters traipsing through it. Each locale is full of vibrance and life, begging to be explored. The magic system is clever and very much akin to the systems in Avatar the Last Airbender. Volant and Rook were my favorite characters, the dialogue is full of wit and humor between bouts of florid action. Cannot recommend highly enough. Without spoiling anything, this looks to be a series, and I'm eager fo ...more
Bethany
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this book, and get ready to be transported to a new world of magic and friendship. It’s the perfect story for anyone who loves swords and magic and a dash of shenanigans. Incredibly well written and entertaining book that had me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what happened next. Check this book out and fall in love with a new world.
Shalomi Momin
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect read for a large scope of bookworms! The fantasy world he has artfully fabricated, pulls you in with ease and once you’re in, it’s hard to put the book down!! Intriguing plot, relatable characters, & beautifully written. Highly recommend! ...more
Marlene Robinson
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story!! My attention was capture straight from the beginning! Extremely fascinating plot and characters. I was absolutely absorbed in the world that the author created, and the imagery was astounding! The magic is sensational and the friendship is incredible. I enjoyed reading this! It was a remarkable fantasy and epic story!
Amanda Hallam-Taillon
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great world building! Really enjoying the characters, and I’m excited to see what happens next. Two reluctant heroes are dragged into an epic journey to save their world.

I received a copy through Voracious Readers Only.
S.P. Dawes
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very well written

I enjoyed this book immensely, it was very engaging and held lots of action. I'll be reading more from this author.
Jake Hull
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story, engaging characters, fun to read.
Leslie
Nov 19, 2020 rated it liked it

I received this book free as an ARC reader for review.

The version I received needs a substantial amount of editing. There are numerous missing words, duplicated words, sentences that don’t make sense, or incomplete thoughts. However, I really think this novel is a good beginning to an interesting series.

Honestly, given the way it’s written, I expected a romance to form between the two main characters. They’re the right age for a little sexual experimentation. I don’t know if this book is intend
Elena Cristina
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a run!
I fell in love with Nil and Volant from the first pages. They have a strong friendship, they are clever and motivated and they don’t lack humour. Nil and Volant are different as characters and even if they know that they’re coming from two different worlds they have put that aside and they’re working as one, completing each other.
Nil is very lovable, funny, motivated and talkative and on the other hand Volant is strong, handsome, sarcastic and he loves to sleep.
From the very first pa
Mycal Stewart
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I overall loved the story and the world presented in this book! The characters are the perfect mix of sarcastic and entertaining that make this book full of life. The world crafted in this story was incredible as well; every area visited felt super unique and fascinating while also complementing each other wonderfully. I was always sad to have to move on from the different areas of the book because I wanted to read more from that place. Amazingly well written for an author's first book. There ar ...more
Kendall Brooks
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An epic fantasy with all the right things to make Iva wonderful read: a perilous journey, mystery & intrigue, romance, wonder world building with relatable characters, and magic - those who have and those who do not!
Fast paced, engaging read that leaves you anxious to read the next book....hopefully we won’t have to wait very long.
Not only does this book have all the right things to make it a successful story, it does all the right things, further cementing it in “winner” arena! This is a 5*****
Lauren
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I will start by saying my friend wrote this which was a new experience for me. I had a very difficult time separating the main character from the author and not drifting off into thought, but I finally managed to just picture him as the main character and move on.

The story itself is wild. I love the idea of Naturals and Learners. The intense friendship. The girls (who were of course gingers 😂). It’s creative and a fun new world to escape to.

Congratulations Andrew, I am super proud of you!
Lauren
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, the main characters were very lovable, full of wit and humour and some really good action scenes. Parts of the story did feel quite rushed, and I would have loved to have had a bit more of an in depth explanation into the magic system and in general a bit more history for context. Overall though, definitely worth picking up, very fun book, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the next!
Stephen Nelson
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really great first book from an up and coming author! The world building is done with great attention to detail and the humor is well placed and well received. The magic mechanic is new and intriguing. The main duo is well written and has a true sense of brotherly love and brotherly shenanigans. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of the Lies of Locke Lamora trilogy and the Name of the Wind saga.
Courtney
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The world building is fantastic! It's got Avatar the Last Airbender (the anime, not the movie) vibes. The characters are really fleshed out. The only thing I had trouble with was the format. Maybe my e-reader was just wonky, but I had to keep zooming in and out to read. Definitely a book to read twice incase you missed small details.
Joseph Monroe
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable summer book, think Tom Sawyer goes to war. Super interested in seeing how the next book starts working with the detailed environment created in this first book. Do read it.
Chris Coleman
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining, hard to put this book down once you start it.
Kathy Webb
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I won this Kindle edition book in a Goodreads
Giveaway. Thank you to everyone involved.
Full of magic. Great characters.
Soo

4.5 Stars for Narration by Andrew Pond
-1 Star for Terrible 1st Person POV mixed with Limited 3rd POV
3 Stars for Concepts
2 Stars for Uneven Progression

I like the cover for this book. The story blurb is interesting. The narrator is good. There were lots of reasons for me to enjoy this story, but I ended up feeling frustrated by the POVs and story progression.

There are two main characters. Two. Not one. Nil and Volant. The story
Jonica
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun story! Looking forward to text installment.

This book kept me reading. It's a very interesting world Monroe has built. Only a few things irked me, but those had nothing to do with story. The editor in me wanted to correct incorrect grammar. Most notably Monroe's Panhandle use of "... and I" when it should read "... and me."

Other than my habit of mentally correcting, y'all, this was a great book. Read it for yourself!
Nicki Csenge
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I lost myself in the magical world of Balteris, with its unique cities and rich cultures, and found Nil and Volant in the midst of an adventure in every chapter; from narrow escapes and clever plans, to meeting endearing characters and fearsome creatures, and uncovering truths about themselves and their world in the process.

An absolutely awesome start to an exciting new trilogy that I struggled to put down. Forget the shows you’re binging on Netflix and snag a copy of A Leaf and Pebble!
Tori
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First book of the year done! A great new author who accomplished bringing in personality and humor to life in his characters. Can’t wait to read the rest of the books he comes out with. Sprinkled with inspirational ideas that make you think, really enjoyed these moments through out the book from the more wise characters.
Catha Reese
S Lynn Helton
rated it it was ok
May 10, 2020

• Eden
  • The Boy Who Dreamt the World (The Daydreamer Chronicles, #1)
  • Jerusalem Interlude (Zion Covenant, #4)
  • Cooper B. and the Scavenger Hunt
  • The Cybernetic Tea Shop
  • Deal with the Devil (The Law Wranglers, #1)
  • Silent Night (Sam Archer, #4)
  • I Am King(book one, king series)
  • Navajo Autumn (A Navajo Nation Mystery #1)
  • Fudge & Felonies (Frosted Misfortunes Mysteries #2)
  • Catching a Man (Valeriel Investigations #1)
  • The Lost Room: A Gothic-Thriller Novella
  • Hidden From View
  • An Eric James Stone Sampler
  • Munich Signature (Zion Covenant, #3)
  • The Counterbalance (Ruling Magic #1)
  • A Hare in the Wilderness (Kingdom of Durundal #1)
  • Sky to Sea (Crimson Sash, #2)