Start by marking “Cocky Player (Rough Riders #4)” as Want to Read:
Cocky Player (Rough Riders #4)

Cocky Player

(Rough Riders #4)

Like most guys I have a type— she wasn’t mine.

Not at all.

The angelic beauty on the dance floor has innocence written all over her. But I can’t stay away. And when she runs from me, leaving me wanting more, I can’t get her out of my head.

Turns out finding her won’t be too hard. My mystery virgin is the new marketing assistant for the Rough Riders Football team. And the own
Published September 24th 2019 by Stacey Lynn Books

To ask other readers questions about Cocky Player, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cocky Player

Start your review of Cocky Player (Rough Riders #4)
Nadine Bookaholic
What happens when you have lead such a sheltered life that you are now in your early twenties and still a virgin about to embark into the real world of working and making a living? Well, you'd want to rid yourself of that pesky "V" card, right?!?! Well, that's what Brenna would like to do anyway so she sets out to do just that but then she meets Connor and OH BOY, do things get interesting from there!

Now I have been a fan of Stacey Lynn's for a while and I know she can write a steamy romance wh
Tasha Mahoney
Wowzer, this was one steamy story but at the same time it had depth. This is the fourth book in the Rough Riders series but it is a standalone and it works perfectly that way.

I really liked Brenna and while I was not particularly fond of Connor initially, he quickly grew on me. Their first encounter didn't go as planned but that is not it for these two. I do not want to give any spoilers so all I will say is that things develop between these two despite their obstacles.

By the end of the book I
Beneath The Covers Blog
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, kelly, 2019-reads
Cocky Player is book 4 in the Rough Riders series, but it can be read as a complete standalone.

The story introduces you to Brenna and Conner. Completely opposite in personalities, these two really know how to burn up the pages with their undeniable, red-hot chemistry and fiery passion. Although their initial attraction brings them together, without either of them knowing who the other is, it’s the sweet, emotional, and compassionate connection they share throughout the story that truly encompass
Sentranced Jem
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2019, 4-5-stars
PSX_20190918_140521

Title: Cocky Player (Rough Riders #4)
Author: Stacey Lynn

I forgot ok! I forgot how good Stacey Lynn's books are.
I couldn't put this book down.
I feel like writing this entire review in CAPS but I'm going to restrain myself from doing that but I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs because I devoured this book!

You know my love for sports romance and male protagonists that epitomise the true meaning of 'alpha male'..Cocky Player delivered that to the point!
This book was SOOO HOTTTTT!
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead,2.5* not quite 3 but what the hell 🤷

I didn't like this one as much as book 2

h is a virgin who goes tons club intending to hook up and lose her virginity
She meets the h and doesn't tell him, during a bit of hand play he notices and is pissed thinking she'd tried to trap him
They next meet at her father's party where they realize that he's a player for her father's team and she's the daughter of his boss and a new employee for the team
He agrees to teach her about sex
They embark on a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I was really caught up in Cocky Player and it didn't take me long to know that I wasn't putting this book down until I got to the end. I was interested in the characters, invested in the story and
loved the way everything came together. And, believe me, there is so much more to this story than what the blurb gives you.

Connor may have come off as the Cocky Player in the beginning but, as the story progresses, you see who he truly is. You will love him as you learn his story, see his transformatio
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book by the author, and it won't be last. I wasn't sure what to expect going into this, I have learned to always go into a new authors books open-minded and I did with this. I mean the title gives it away a little but still, I was taken by surprise.

Although, this is in a series it can be read as a total standalone...

Where to begin? Well firstly, make sure you have a bucket of ice close by so you cool yourself off. Because holy shit this was pretty damn hot!!

I have started to become a
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Decidently Dirty with ALL the Feels Read!!! Oh boy, did this book keep me up late at night reading!!! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!

This is the first Stacey Lynn book I've read and I can't begin to express how much I loved this book. I was blown away by the storyline, the naughty bits, and how well crafted it was.

Connor was the right amount of cocky, detached jock that grew at the right emotional speed and displayed the perfect vulnerability that made him ultra irresistible.

Brenna was also the
Vfc
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brenna and Connor were a lot of fun.

And, wow, did you feel their connection. It was tangible and the idea that she wanted him to be her first, it made sense as that's not chemistry you want to deny.

I loved the way the author built the chemistry until there was a connection between them that was more than just physical.

For a romance with one of the characters not having any sexual experience to work, you have to believe it's about more than a check-mark on a to do list and this one delivers.

The
Cheryl O'Harney
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s time to get up close and personal with The Rough Riders very own Connor, he’s one cocky, sexy, hot jock who finds himself taking the owner of the teams daughter for a walk on the wild side, with both of them losing something in the process her, her virginity, him, his heart.

The pairs relationship was entertaining to watch unfold as they both come out of their shells and love blossoms for them.

Cocky Player’s a five star must read it can be read as standalone but I guarantee if you haven’t re
Tanja OMGReads
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
This book landed in my lap accidentally and boy am I glad it did. Conor is THE MAN...talk about funny, kind, swoon worthy and sexy all wrapped in one big package. I absolutely loved him.
I really liked Brenna. Despite being inexperienced their chemistry is off the charts. These two made me laugh, cry and swoon so hard it is ridiculus.

Seriously if you're looking for a swoon worthy hero with a inocent but knows what she wants heroine this book is just for you.

I highly recommend this book!!!

***
Christy Pastore
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cocky Player is PURE sports romance → GOLD.

Stacey Lynn has crafted an intense and sizzling off-limits romance between a red-hot, cocky football player and a not-so-typical virgin.

Cocky Player has the right amount of angst, swoon and laugh out loud moments. It's emotionally charged with genuine and well-rounded characters. I loved being back with the Rough Riders crew.

This is your next must read, sports romance!
Avidez Literaria
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"This girl already had me thinking of tomorrow. Which meant she wasn’t only beautiful, but dangerous."

He is betting all his chips on a dangerous and alluring game. And that can cost his heart.

Connor Quinten is focused on renewing his contract with the Rough Riders and helping his team reach the Super Bowl. There is no room for romance in his life. But all his resolutions go into space as he sees that angel dressed in white on the dance floor.

Brenna Kemper has the appearance of an angel, but her
April Symes
COCKY PLAYER by Stacey Lynn is book 4 in the Rough Riders series. This is Brenna and Connor's story.
This is a unique romance for the heroine- Brenna has some issues that we get clued into early. She doesn't want to be treated differently and wants to be normal. Brenna is the football team's owner and she joins the company in marketing, but before she begins she suddenly decides to lose her virginity. Connor sees Brenna at a bar and he doesn't have any clue who she is but he is immediately captiv
Jessica
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!
Brenna and Connor are great characters! I love them both so much!

So this story starts off with Brenna wanting to lose her virginity. She feels sparks when she sees Connor across the way. He does as well. Things get all hot and heavy until Connor realizes she’s a virgin.
They see each other again very soon - her dad is his boss! Yikes!
And so their story really begins. Or maybe it really begins when he sees her again. I don’t know!
Such a great story!!!
Connor completely redeems himself from a
Brandy Roberts
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cocky Player was such a good read it would be book four in the Rough Riders series and I can't wait to read more by Stacy Lynn and this series in the future . Brenna and Connor were perfect for one another I thought they shared a deep connection from the start and I was so happy with how the book ended . Cocky Player is a page turner that will keep you up all night with hesitant snack age break well worth it by the way . This can be read as a standalone and in order whichever you prefer , you re ...more
Natasha Mahadeo
It is common Knowledge that I am the hugest Stacey Fan. Her books comes with the promise of an emotional,beautiful read. You know there are gonna be WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT JUSY COME FROM. Most definitely swoon, sweet and sexy read and Stacey 100% Delivered yey again

I adored Brenna and Connor so much. They kepted me on my toes. This book will habe you thinking you can't read fast enoug to know what will happen next.

I adored that Connor and Brenna know that they want and stick to their guns. Thei
Pamela
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Connor is a bad boy player on and off the field. He meets Brenna and she's not his type as she's too innocent. Brenna happens to be the owner of the team's daughter and marketing specialist. She wants to lose her virginity and Connor is more than willing to help her. A night turns into all kinds of unexpected chaos for them. A sexy, dirty talking male and a read with plenty of steam. ...more
Emma Johnston
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read from Stacey Lynn
Connor is my favourite of Stacey's men without a doubt. He was sexy and sweet rolled into one hot package.

Definite must read
Happily Mary After
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fan-yourself-worthy hot romance with all the feels. Full rec on Frolic to follow soon. ...more
Evalyne
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
same old same old....
Ryan
Feb 27, 2021 added it
Need another book

I hope you're right another book about Kolby. He needs his own story. and we need another book about what all happens with all the characters I don't like how it just left off.
Stephanie
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yass! This book was unexpected! Loved it. Wow! What a pleasant surprise! I loved the book and only wished I had been reading the others on the series prior!
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Biggest pet peeve. Uggg bad editing. Main characters name changed. Lots of repeated thoughts two to 3 sentences or paragraphs apart. Time for a new editor!
Amy Dickinson
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
Okay. Confession. This is only the second book I’ve read of Stacey Lynn’s with the first book being the 3rd book of her Rough Riders series of standalones, Wicked Player. I know with that book I appreciated the storyline of the stoic Gage and his need to release pain along with Elizabeth’s need to use pain to move her out of her head. On some level, I connected with them. I know that I downloaded the first two books in this series, but I haven’t had an opportunity to re
Limecello
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library, 2019
[didn't write the review until 10/16]
So I actually went and re-reading book 1 immediately after finishing this book.
So obviously I liked it - I think it's my second favorite.

(I REALLY liked book 1.)

I think my issue was the beginning? One of the biggest - there was a good bit of eye rolling and had I not enjoyed the books in the series/this author already I might've DNF'd it.
[Also I'm a bitter hissing hag crone, cuz I'm so over NA. The heroine is just 23.]
I also never quite know how to ... parse
Bethany Terry
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
The BookNerdigan
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, I'm not usually one that is into books where the main heroine is basically striving to lose her v-card just because. BUT, because of that, the main heroine in this book, Brenna, is searching not just for a guy to finally lose her v-card to, but she is also looking to enjoy her freedom and her now "adult" life outside of school. After going through a rough ordeal when she was just a little girl, she has been sheltered in the protection of her family and going to all-girls schools since ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a HUGE fan of the Rough Riders series, so I can say with certainty that I'll NEVER EVER get enough! I mean, football is my happy place, and reading is my other happy place, so putting them together makes so very happy, which means I'll continuously read this series over & over again throughout time, especially during this time of year! Brenna is a sheltered girl, who is about to start her adult life out as a virgin, and she's pretty set on punching her V-card when she meets Connor. I wasn't ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dirty Talker (Slayers Hockey, #4)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Only One Touch (Only One #4)
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • Only One Night (Only One #3)
  • Sterling (Carolina Reapers, #6)
  • Only One Chance (Only One, #2)
  • Secret Puck (Campus Nights, #1)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • The Virgin Gift (The Gift #2)
  • Only One Kiss (Only One, #1)
  • Dirty Secret (Slayers Hockey, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Secret (Billionaire Duet, #2)
  • The Play Maker (The Sideline #1)
  • The Open Door (The Found Duet, #2.5)
  • Someday, Somehow
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Ice Cold Boss
Stacey Lynn likes her coffee with a dash of sugar, her heroes with a side of bossy, and her wine a deep shade of red.

The author of over thirty romance novels, many of which have been best-selling titles on Amazon, AppleBooks, and Barnes & Noble.

Born in Texas and raised in the Midwest, she now makes her home in North Carolina and loves all things Southern. Together with her ultimate tall, dark, a

Rough Riders (4 books)