Start by marking “Breathless” as Want to Read:
Breathless

Breathless

(Texas Nights #3)

The boy next door has always made her breathless.

Joey… I wouldn’t say I ran away exactly—twenty-two is too old for that. I’d call it self-preservation.

I have one objective: protect my heart from the boy next door who has no clue I’ve loved him my whole life, even with a front row seat to his revolving bedroom door.

My escape plan almost worked. Except I left one thing behi
Paperback, 1st Edition, 336 pages
Published (first published February 18th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless

Start your review of Breathless
Christy
4 stars

photo F06938A6-6BA8-459D-87B6-2308EC66BE29_zpsnjb1cg24.png

Breathless was my first book by Lex Martin, and I liked it a lot. It was a great friends to lovers story with just enough steam and angst that kept me hooked.

Joey's been in love with her best friend Logan for as long as she can remember. At twenty two, she heard a one sided conversation that had her running away from him, but months later, she's back for his brother's wedding. Logan has no idea why Joey left, but it hurt him. She's his best friend and to disappear so completely from
CristiinaReads❀
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
When Logan and Joey are just meant to be, there is no way the world separates them for far too long because the chemistry is off the hook...

I sighed, I cried, I... oh look! THAT RHYMED! But seriously y'all, this book had me in so much angsty emotions. I was anticipating so many things, but ended up getting so much more. Because Lex Martin, that's how she does it. That's how she hooks you in with her writing and magical words that keep you flowing with those tingly feelings in your stomach, a
Leslie
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t wait for everyone to read Joey and Logan’s story! You will SWOON and fall in love!!!
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am hopelessly in love with this book. I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop swooning over it. I am obsessed. I have this urge to push it into everyone's hands and tell them they NEED TO READ IT RIGHT NOW! You guys, it was BEYOND amazing. So swoony, so feel good, so sexy, so fun and flirty and tender and endearing, and I am just IN LOVEEEEEE with Logan and Joey. They charmed me until I was a melty puddle of feel-goodness. Seriously, I felt so wooed by this story. I know it's going to be ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Tender as the ranch breeze and sizzling hot as the Texan sun, Lex makes us believe in the power of Eternal bonds of Love that bring back the wanderers home.
The return of the Prodigal Bridesmaid...Josephine Greyson is returning home to Austin, having run away to Florida Six months ago with nothing but meager belongings and a less than meager heart. But the pulse stayed behind, "Logan Carter. The boy next door and my lifelong crush." is there to pick her up...much to her surprise

description

"We’re each
Melanie (mells_view)
”I didn’t even know you were the part of me that was missing.”

Lex Martin absolutely KILLED the “girl next door”/“childhood best friends” trope with Breathless. Joey & Logan have been best friends since he saved her from a well as children, and that’s about the time she started crushing on him as well. If you’ve read the rest of the Texas Nights series then you may know a bit about Joey and Logan. If not here’s a small bit, Logan is known to have a bit of a wild manwhore persona, and Joey is know
Hanne
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, new-adult
Texas Nights is becoming one of my favorite series! Each book can be read as a standalone. Lex Martin is definitely one of my favorite authors. She always creates an amazing story that has me hooked from the start and doesn’t let me go until the last word of the last chapter. Every story has love, emotions and wonderful characters, and Breathless wasn’t any different. I absolutely loved it!

Joey and Logan are such loveable characters. Joey is strong, fierce, funny, loving, independent and loyal.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, missy
AHHHH! You guys!

Logan and Joey were absolutely scrumptious!

I gobbled this book up! I couldn’t get enough. Their delicious chemistry sucked me in immediately and I was a complete goner. I forget, sometimes, how completely decadent a well-written friends-to-lovers book can feel, but Breathless served as a solid reminder and satisfied on every level.

There is so much to love here. It’s a little angsty – but in the best way. The sort of feeling when your heart aches for two people to be together an
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 BREATHLESS STARS!! FREAKING AMAZING!! Lex Martin has touch my heart with Joey and Logan. These two going from best friends to lovers was perfection. Their story has it all, with every emotion button being pushed and even some suspense. I absolutely love this series and i know you will too. Make sure to download this book, it is a must read.
Monica Murphy
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhh this book. It's so good! It's sweet yet super sexy. There are some serious swoon-worthy moments. I freaking adored it! So much, I just wrote Lex a loooong email going on and on about it! ☺️

Peeps, go preorder this book! It's amazing!
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
I liked it, but I needed a little more. I loved Tori and Ethan’s book, but this one was ok. I was expecting more from Joey and Logan’s story. Maybe what’s bothering me is that Joey questions Logan’s feelings a lot. She can’t believe he loves her, and maybe at first I can understand why she feels that way, but it got old fast. Also I didn’t feel a strong chemistry between them.

Overall I was very excited about this book but it fell a little short for me.
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "Team LoJo!!!" stars***

IT'S LIVE!!!

"Would it be so bad if she and I happened?"

This story was so wonderful and sweet.
I loved Joey and Logan very much... Those two were meant to be, even though it took a while for them, or maybe just Logan, to figure it out...
But i really enjoyed their story , even though it was full of bumps and hidden truths...

"I though I had lost you, but you're back. And I feel like I'm getting a second chance to do what I should've done a long time ago."

Well,
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Breathless is the third book in the Texas Nights series. I got all the feels while reading Joey and Logan’s story. It hooked me right from the start and I couldn’t put it down for one second. So good!

Joey is a sweet girl and she’s been in love with her best friend since childhood. But Logan has always kept her in the friend-zone. It hurts Joey to constantly watch Logan’s player ways. She’s had enough and decides to move and get away from Logan after having her heart broken for the last
Heroesinbooks
5 Joey and Logan Stars

I have enjoyed every book in this series and couldn't wait to finally get Logan and Joey's story. It was even better than I had anticipated.

Joey (22) has adored Logan (26) since she was 8 years old and he rescued her from a well that she fell down. Logan used to be best friend's with Joey's big brother Silas and so Joey was always off limits romantically but she was his best friend until she suddenly left six months prior to the start of the book. Logan doesn't understand
Carmen Rae
I adore Lex Martin. Her writing style just hits every single one of my buttons. So every time she has a new release I can't read anything for the days leading up to the book being in my grabby little hands because I am so fixated on reading her words.

However my biggest issue is my goldfish brain. So every book is like a standalone for me. I vaguely remember the story and characters from each book but I forget the secondary characters. So I couldn't remember who Logan and Joey were. But this isn
Giorgia ~ Reads
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, skimmed
Didn't work for me..
Boring, predictable, cheesy, annoying.. I've got more where those can from.

I like the unrequited love trope, I'm a total sucker for it, if done well.
This book did not do it well in my opinion and that's that.
Kandi Steiner
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Lex Martin smash hit! I absolutely fell in love with this author after reading Shameless a few years ago, and she blew me away again with Breathless. She just has a way about sucking you into the world she has created and not letting you go. I love her writing style -- it's fresh and fun and comfy cozy. It feels like sitting down with your best friend and a bottle of wine on a Friday night, just gabbing and telling stories. The best!

Breathless was such a fun friends-to-lovers. I loved th
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4 "Missing Part Of Me" Stars ⭐️
Friends to lovers is a romance trope I always enjoy. There’s just something captivating with watching friends fighting their feelings for each other and ultimately admitting them that is so gorgeous! Breathless was the picture perfect small town, friends to lovers romance. It got me in the feels with the audiobook narration that was so well done!

Logan has always been a player and Joey always had a massive crush on him. Many reasons kept them from admitting t
Sarah Light
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Friends to lovers...

I officially worship at the bookshelf of Lex Martin!

The third in the Texas Night series, Breathless is a heartwarming, uplifting romance of friendship, family and love.

We are welcomed back with characters from the first and second books, but even more so we get the story of Joey and Logan.

Logan Carter has always been known as the ladies man of the brothers, and while that is true, no one knows the real him. No one but Joey.

Joey AKA Josephine, his lifelong best friend. A b
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
“I’ve always loved you. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t love you. Do you think you could love me?”

I couldn't get enough of Joey and Logan! They are such an amazing pair with lots of hot chemistry and spice! There's just something about Lex Martin's writing style that makes the sweetness and lightness of her stories shine. And I can always count on her to make my heart melt. The whole gang was also a part of this story and I loved that.

This sweet friends to lovers story will leave you breat
Korrie’s Korner
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I always knew Logan’s story would be a doozy, but the drama and angst that happened I did not expect. I loved this book! I love childhood friends to lovers romances.

I love when one of the characters have been pining for an eternity for the other person on the DL. Granted, Joey was younger than Logan, but she was always just his best friend. Until that blessed day he saw her in a new light, and as the gorgeous woman she grew to be before his eyes.

“I didn’t even know you were the part o
Kandi Steiner
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indies-who-rock

Breathless was such a fun friends-to-lovers. I loved th
Manoela
3 Stars

Breathless is the third book in the Texas Night series by author Lex martin, and as I really liked the first two books in this series, I was excited by this story. However, I have to be honest and say that this story didn't completely win me over, not that the book is bad, I just found it too cliché and I couldn't connect with the story and the protagonists entirely. A positive point here was that I was able to see the characters from the previous books and take a look at their future.Ev
Elenasbookblog
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You can also read my review here: http://elenasbookblog.com/new-review-...

Lex Martin has been writing the sweetest series! I adore that she has talked about different tropes with each couple but the main theme is always the same; forever love! Breathless is a friends to lovers story that will make you want to hug the book after reading it.

Joey and Logan have been best friends since they were kids. Logan has always been there for Joey but the main problem is that she has been always in love with
Vanessa (When Vane Reads)
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I loveeeee Joey and Logan!! My favorite trope is friends to lovers and this book was so freaking amazing ! Gave me all the feelings!!! So sweet and sexy with a little angst!! the perfect mix that hooked me from start to end. I couldn't put it down a single second!

Joey is a sweet girl in love with her best friend since childhood. Logan, his sexy AF and sweet best friend only sees her as his best friend until she runs away bc she feels too much for him. And some secrets that su
Amanda  Helmus
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ohmygosh. I devoured this book. I feel like I blinked and was at 80% and feeling anxiety that I was so close to the end of Logan and Joeys story. I couldn’t put it down and wanted to lock myself in a cubby away from distractions because I was completely invested in the story.

Logan stole my heart completely and has me totally smitten. He’s everything you’d want in a guy—loyal to a fault, the biggest and kindest heart and insanely hard working; Joey is one lucky lady.

Joey is my favorite and I rel
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read the next installment from Lex Martin, in Breathless we get the story of Logan and Joey. This is a sweet friends to lovers romance, one of my favorite genre’s. This was one of my most anticipated reads since we found out these two would get their HEA. This book will leave you Breathless and wanting more of the Carter brother’s stories. This is the kine of book once you start you won’t be able to put it down.
Dusty Summerford (Reviews by Reds)
This Book Left Me Breathless!!!

I absolutely love this series! Every book has captured my heart in different ways and this one is no exception. I adore best friend/girl next door romances and Lex Martin slayed this genre with Breathless!

Logan and Joey are adorable together. The chemistry between them is explosive but will the secrets keep them apart?? I'll never tell, go read the book for yourself!

I can not get enough of this series! If you haven't read it, you're truly missing out. Each book
Heather andrews
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Logan is ever the charmer, “ain’t no shame in having a great ***, Jo. I’ll have to beat away the a***oles at the beach, but whatever.” Pretty sure Logan finds his woman amusing, “babe, how can you categorize make-up *** as mild exercise?” I’m not sure banging her like a screen door in a hurricane constitutes mild exercise." I loved this book, I loved Logan. ...more
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
The perfect, take your breath away, friend-to-lovers romance. Lex Martin delivers steamy chemistry with whopping emotional punch. Whether you've read her books before or Breathless is a brand new read, you'll love jumping into this world and catching up past characters or have no trouble reading it as a standalone. Logan and Joey will both melt your heart and your e-reader.

Joey/Josephine grew up with the Carter family. Her life wasn't exactly picture perfect, so she was treated like the tag-a-lo
New Adult Book Club: CLOSED! ~Lex Martin Signed paperback Giveaway 31 62 Oct 25, 2020 10:17AM
Bargain Basement: $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD 1 13 Jan 06, 2020 04:33PM

• Cross your Heart
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #1)
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Credence
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men #2)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Beautifully Broken
  • Jack (Dangerous Love, #2)
  • Nikolai (Dangerous Love Series, #1)
  • Before You
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)
Lex Martin is the USA Today bestselling author of Reckless, Shameless, and The Dearest Series. She writes contemporary romance novels, the steamy kind she hopes her readers love but her parents avoid. A former high school English teacher and freelance journalist, she resides in Texas with her husband and twin daughters. Drop her a line. She loves hearing from readers.

UPCOMING NEW RELEASE: BREATHLE