Start by marking “The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)

The Book of the Claw

(Vesik #10)

A pack torn. An enemy revealed. The werewolves face a long-forgotten foe...
As they battle vampires in Kansas City, Hugh and the wolves learn the war in Falias has gone horribly wrong.

The Mad King stole humanity’s most dangerous weapons. Now Damian Vesik, necromancer and ally of the River Pack, has been lost to the Abyss. Vicky longs to save Damian, to return the favor
Published October 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Claw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Claw

Start your review of The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)
Susan
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
The Book of the Claw is the tenth book in the Vesick series. This book should not be read as a standalone or you will probably be confused with the storyline. There is a lot of violence. In this book, it Hugh and some of the werewolves that are the main characters. Ancient goes are appearing and it is going to take everything for the wolves to stay alive.
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely blown away by the world building in this series. Eric Asher is a freaking genius!

The Book of the Claw is an adrenaline pumping thrill ride. I highly recommend checking the series out on Audible as the narrators are phenomenal. The story leaps to life from the crashing of the swords to the heat of the dragon's fire.
Penny
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author amazes me each time I pick up a book by him. His writing is very emotive and descriptive without going overboard. Overly flowery writing drives and lots of detail me crazy, but it is nice to have good balance, and he achieves that. In this one, we see what’s going on with the wolves and Vicky’s arrival on her quest to restore Damian. The action is great, and I didn’t want to put the book down once I started. I still need to catch up to this point, but I still can figure out mostly wh ...more
Tanya
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The pack has been torn apart and a a bigger danger threaten them all. She wants to save him which will repay the debt she owes him. She is about to face many different and dangerous challenges. Can she stop the danger? Can she save him? Follow her adventures
I received a copy and am willingly leaving a review
Mr S
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Again, straight into the action. This time we are
getting Hugh's perspective and adding yet another
layer to this brilliantly told story.

With glimpses into more of Vicky's part of the tale,
and Nixies, there is a lot packed into this book.

With this series Eric Asher has woven a tale of Tolkienesque proportions,
with characters who reach into your heart, epic battles and intruigues.

It draws you in and is almost impossible to put down - you have to know
what happens next.

Can't wait for The Book of the
Steven
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Running with the Wolves"

In this the second installment of _The Books of the Dead_, Damian Vesik's family and allies continue their efforts to rescue the necromancer and those bound to him. While he is momentarily secure in the Abyss, the fight continues against Gwynn ap Nudd and his allies. Near Kansas City, the River Pack and Camazotz lead the fight against the dark touched and other horrors.

After catching up with most of the Vesik series, the second installment was a much smoother read for me
Heather
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation.

It has been fun to see the web of characters fighting to keep the world alive and help Damien. Read in a handful of hours and ready for the next step in the story.
TE
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure that I was going to like the series in shorter installments...but I do! We don't have to wait as long for the next in the series now, so that's a real plus in my opinion. The shorter wait adds to the continuity for me -- it's easier to remember where the story line left off this way. Long or short, Mr Asher always delivers a good read so I needn't have worried.

In this installment, we get to see the war from the prospective of Hugh and the K.C. River Pack. It was good to hear from o
Stacey
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stunning!

I don’t know how Eric Asher does it! He keeps writing amazing stories set in the same universe.

This books follows the exploits of some of the werewolves (and a few others) after Damien had been sidelined. I’ve always wanted to know more about this group and here are my answers. The monsters they face is terrifying.

Find out what a group of rag tag good guys does when they can’t defeat a monster older than time. See if anyone can help them. Suffer pain with them and enjoy a bit of laught
Sandy
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this novella, The Book of the Claw, the reader will find yet more action packed pages that Eric Asher is well known for! There isn't a spare second that you aren't sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see what is going to happen next. It grabs your attention and holds it to the very end and leaves you ready for the next one! Each one of his novellas fills in, and then leads you on to the next novella that started with The Book of Ghosts so you get the whole picture. This one shows you ...more
Bethany
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm really enjoying this take on the Vesik series. I don't know when I last saw an author "take a break" from the main character and start telling the ongoing saga from the point of view of supporting characters. Only you see these characters aren't so much supporting as holding their own and an integral part of the ongoing war. Vesik needs them as much as they need him. Maybe more. I think this was my favorite of these novellas so far. Without giving away any plotlines, I've been looking forwar ...more
Thomas Griffin
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oooooowhooooo Werewolves of Kansas!

The fight continues to separate Nudd from his balls! Another great entry in the series. This novella was a little slower in pace and lighter in intensity than the last one, and considering there is 8 more to go, that's a good thing. There is still enough action to throw a bag of werewolf fur at, so dig in for some fun.

I am hoping that Eric has plans down the road for some firelight stories from Hugh of him when he was younger.

I could say this review is based
Ginelle Blanch
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good and fast paced read. A bit of a transition from the last book as it's told from a different side of the allies.

Damian's presence is missed. It makes the series darker as it's missing the hope and humor he usually brings.

But, these characters are doing their best to fill the hole that's been left by the necromancer. It really gives these characters/allies a chance to shine and show us what they're made of. It's good to see all these allies brought together in this war...working to s
Bea
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Guertin
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The further trials and tribulations of Vicky, Hugh, Nixie and all of Damian’s friends as they try to save the world and their friend. The Dark Touched are only a small part of the evil Hugh and his small band must fight in Kansas City. With the knowledge of Damian’s condition and old monsters rising, it will take teamwork and determination to keep moving forward.

Once again Eric Asher has gifted us with a well crafted, thrilling story. With one hand he offers hope, but with the other he threatens
Marilyn Hunt custer
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I still haven't made my mind about the novellas. I always want more but if the book was longer I would still want more. This volume continues the war with Nudd but it's in Kansas City with more focus on the wolves. The book was fast paced and full of action. The "heads" were truly creepy and Ashley rocks! I do like hearing the different character viewpoints. I can't wait for the next book! This review is based on an advanced copy.
Kate
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2nd Book in This Series! Dive in, You’ll Love It!

This book sucked me in and spat me out like an industrial shredder. Wolfishly intriguing and I love the way Eric weaves these tales to include legends and mythology from all around the world.
I’m always left wanting more!
Another exciting addition to Eric R Asher’s Damian Vesik series.

I am lucky in that I get to read and review this book free of charge but I always purchase Eric Asher’s books for my own personal collection
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
a heart to save

to let those who love Damien play a role in his return to his world is a brilliant idea. introducing creatures and parts of the characters ' pasts fills the landscape and emotional support that each will give. superb, superb.
(spoiler)
High and the Quindero pack are forced to battle not only Underlie far but creatures unleashed by Nudd's madness, creatures from the far past. High and family must seek an ancient artifact to save a friend.
Sharon Hendrix
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damian's story continue

I am thoroughly enjoying this continuation of the Vesik series. Each book you have released has really fleshed out the battle against Nudd and what it is going to take to bring Damian back and to defeat him.
The Book of the Claw is certainly action packed! And I really liked how you ended this chapter, the seamless flow into Nexie's story. I can't wait to read them all!
Alan Boggs
Great Series

If you haven't read this series before start with Days Gone Bad and enjoy the entire series, it is a great series. This book focuses on other characters in the series and shows what has been happening since the end of Forgotten Ghosts. There is plenty of action, magic, dragons and werewolves.
c. woods
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good stuff mang

You. Yes you. Put this down, take out your wallet & throw all of your money & credit cards at Eric R. Asher except one. Buy all of his books. Then with your last card, call & order a pizza, unless you can get bbq delivered, then order bbq. Thank me later. You are welcome
Amy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vesik Book 11!😍

Another installment of the Vesik Saga. I can’t wait for November 22! Devoured this book in one sitting. Bring on Book 12, it is already pre-ordered! Also available on KU.
Traci
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for more

The Book of the Claw adds another layer to the Vesik series. While it raises more questions, it lets the reader focus on each character's own story. I can't wait to read the next book!
Andrea Laws
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This installment continues the war against the Mad King, told from Hugh's point of view. We see the packs part in the fight against the dark touched and learn more of the plan to save Damian.
A well crafted story that has you wanting more. I can't wait for the next book.
Jackie
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful continuation of this magnificent series. Things are getting hard for the werewolves. I loved this story. Short but well worth the time.
Maya Barbery
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hugh is amazing and wise. Loyal to a T and this book made me love him even more!!!!!!!
Mike Arthur
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a different style than the rest of the Vesik series. Eric Asher took a risk, and it pays off. Great story .
Ronald Manley
Very enjoyable story

As expected from the author a enjoyable experience with plenty of twists. I liked that other points of view were expressed.
Barry
Dec 17, 2019
Donald D.
Jun 02, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sea Breeze (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #8)
  • Devil's Cry (Shade of Devil Book 2)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • Carnage (The Temple Chronicles #14)
  • Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)
  • Hurricane (The Phantom Queen Diaries #9)
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • Anghellic (Feathers and Fire #8)
  • Brimstone Kiss (The Phantom Queen Diaries #10)
  • Ascension (Nate Temple Chronicles #13)
  • The Perfect Cup: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Aftermath (Decons and Magical Nulls-Elite Division #1)
  • Saving Mr. K: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Druid Mystic (Colin McCool #10)
  • Blood Ascension: Rule of The Council-Book One
  • Druid Apprentice (Colin McCool #9)
  • The Locust Job (Daniel Faust, #9)
  • Moonshine: Phantom Queen Book 11—A Temple Verse Series (The Phantom Queen Diaries)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)