Start by marking “In Spite Of Us : A Love Story about Second Chances” as Want to Read:
In Spite Of Us : A Love Story about Second Chances

In Spite Of Us : A Love Story about Second Chances

Sandy is sober, moving toward God and a better life.
Deb is not sober. She believes a sober life would be like staying awake through major surgery—seeing—feeling—hearing—all. God is not a destination on her map.
What happens when this unlikely match agrees to a blind date?
Remarkably, a second date.
The awkward, mishap affair is like a stroll through a maze of dominoes tri
Published February 20th 2019 by Christian Faith Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about In Spite Of Us , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Spite Of Us

Start your review of In Spite Of Us : A Love Story about Second Chances
Gloria Grossi
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
A love story about second chances by Deb Palmer and Sandy Palmer. They are a couple who shared their relationship journey, growth and struggles in this book.

It is not just a story of redemption and a second chance. I saw it as a story of a couple who needs their relationship to survive, even if different forces were tiring them apart.

For me, Deb's little desire for a positive change in her life made it easy for God to work on her. It is indeed a beautiful story.

However, I could not bring mysel
Katie
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a beautiful story this was! This book was so so good. I literally couldn’t put it down. I spent multiple nights staying up late on my kindle, haha!

I loved the storyline and how everything played out. I couldn’t wait to see what would happen next. The characters fit perfectly and I enjoyed the setting. I applaud the author! She knows how to write a beautiful story! I loved her writing style, it worked perfectly with this book.

I loved every page in this book and I definitely recommend
Paige ♡
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read a book this fast in years. Traveling just kept me from writing some thoughts on it. As you can see, I gave it 5 stars. This was one of the best romance books I’ve ever read. It was genuine and real. I’m so pleased to see a book like this published, and in the Christian genre. A lot of authors stay in the comfort level with soft and fluffy books, but this book is so much more than that. I really hope to find more books like this. Books that are raw and beautiful. Enjoyed every page ...more
Harper
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Spite of Us is a sweet story about redemption. I’m really glad I had the privilege to read it. Sandy and Deb’s story isn’t a normal, perfect relationship you read about but a honest and real one. The author did a beautiful job with the writing. I loved her writing, it fit very well with Sandy and Deb’s story. It was so sweet to see how they overcame their problems and the ending was perfect in my opinion. In Spite of Us is a beautiful story about love, redemption, and second chances.
Hannah B
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

The thing I loved most about this book is that the author isn’t afraid to let the characters face real issues and struggles. This book is very raw and I couldn’t appreciate that side of it more. It’s so beautiful to see a book like this but also with the Christian point of view. I quickly fell in love with the authors writing style and was always eager to see where the story would go next. Everyone should give In Spite of Us a read.

Sophie
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous read! Highly recommend it. It took me a little while to read due to the business of the holidays, but I read it during most of my free time. This was one of my favorite stories of 2019! Nothing is better than a good story to read on a cozy day. I hope to see more stories from this author in the future!
Nicole Douglas
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book! In Spite of Us is a beautiful story. The book flowed wonderfully and there wasn’t ever a dry moment. This author is talented! I enjoyed every second of it.

I just loved the characters in this book. You can’t help but fall in love with them! I loved seeing how everything played out.

I definitely recommend this story!
Don Ebbeson
Being in recover is an ongoing process, that will be with us forever. Its a process not known to most, and one that is not easily understood. Adding the complications of love, blended families, life changes you have a wonderful warm story base on "let go, Let God" take care of it. When Sandy & Deb tot to the same page together you see the joy of allowing God to take care of them. Don Ebbeson
Emily
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was lovely. :) Deb and Sandy’s story isn’t one you want to miss. I read In Spite of Us over the weekend, and I wouldn’t have wanted to spend those days any other way. Nothing beats a good book on a lazy day. Loved this sweet redemption story.
Hope
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
There was so much in this book that I loved! I was very excited to dive into it after seeing all the positive reviews, and let me tell you this book won’t disappoint. I love a good love story and this one was written well. I recommend this story to all the romance lovers out there.
Morgan
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good story! It took me a couple chapters to get into it, but once I did it didn’t lose my attention. The ended made me tear up, which doesn’t happen often for me. Overall, I would recommend In Spite of Us. It’s a sweet love story about second changes, who doesn’t enjoy that? 😊
Noble
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
'In Spite Of Us' is a story written by Deb and Sandy Palmer.

Kindly visit the link below for more info as we invite them on The Flashback Show to tell us more about their book on the book review interview section.

Thank you.

Shaunna Harding
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Laughed so hard at times, couldn’t believe I was reading THIS other times, the only suggestion is more details about the changes God worked in the transition. Easy to read, eye opening, authentic♥️
Maddy
Feb 21, 2019
Saruta Valentine
Mar 28, 2019
Deb Palmer
Dec 26, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-me
Jun 21, 2020
Brittney Calcutt
Dec 18, 2020

• Something Right
  • Complex: A Christian Romance (Eron Romance, #1)
  • The Sorcerer's Bane (The Seven Words, #1)
  • The Gathering Dark (Quest of Fire Book 1)
  • One More Wish (Christy & Todd: The Married Years #3)
  • The Enneagram Type 7: The Entertaining Optimist
  • Sandy Toes (Christy & Todd: The Baby Years #1)
  • Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church
  • In My Heart: A Book of Feelings
  • The Art of Memoir
  • Lost and Found
  • Victim of Grace: When God’s Goodness Prevails
  • Ready for Anything: Preparing Your Heart and Home for Any Crisis Big or Small
  • The Dresden Files Collection 1-6
  • Dear Mother: Poems on the hot mess of motherhood
  • The Gift of Prophetic Encouragement Bible Study: Living a Lifestyle of Encouragement
  • The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own
  • Bright Line Eating: The Science of Living Happy, Thin & Free
Deb Palmer is the author of, In Spite of Us – A Love Story about Second Chances. Here is a link to an editorial review by SPR: https://www.selfpublishingreview.com/...
Her work can be found in an array of print and online magazines and at her blog site: http://debpalmerauthor.com/. Deb would love to interact with you on your choice of social media. https://www.facebook.com/debpalmeraut...

News & Interviews