Start by marking “His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)” as Want to Read:
His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)

His Bewildered Mate

(Unexpected Mates #1)

True mates are found in the most unlikely of places.

Rhy, a weretiger with a heart so big, that when an elderly woman comes in looking for her lost cat, Mr. Fluffkins, Rhy knew he had to help. He had no way of knowing that it would lead him to his true mate.

Dillan (Mr. Fluffkins), has lived his whole life wishing he was more than just a cat. He never felt right walking
Published August 14th 2019 by Brea Alepoú

To ask other readers questions about His Bewildered Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Bewildered Mate

Start your review of His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)
Shin Mon Thway
Although I enjoyed this book, I definitely have some complaints about this. 🙂 First of all, the MCs dont meet at all until 55% mark. And boy, isnt that a long time to meet your fated mate? 🤦♀ And there are two secondary characters death in the story. I dont know about you but I hate deaths in books unless its a murder mystery or the deceased is an A-hole. 🤷♀ I cried for their deaths. I wanted cute and fluffy and this turned out quite angsty. 😒 I guess Ill still read the second book because Im ...more
Barbara➰
**3.5 Stars**

Dillan has been a cat as long as he can remember. But he's no ordinary cat. He can understand his humans, he eats at the table and sleeps in a bed. He watches movies and communicates as best he can. But, he ventures out of the house and is suddenly lost.

Rhy and his pack run a PI firm. When a sweet little old lady comes in wanting Rhy to find her missing cat, Rhy can't resist. And when he gets a whiff of the cat's sent in his room, it becomes even more imperative he find the cat. He
Susan
This went up and down for me. At first I was enjoying it despite the few issues I had and I was thinking 4 stars. Then it slowly went to 3.5 stars and at the end I was leaning towards 3 stars.

So 3.25 stars then.

Rhy works at a PI firm with his fellow pack mates. When an older woman comes in to ask him to please find her cat Mr. Flufkinks, Rhy feels the urge to help the woman, even though they normally dont look for pets.

After looking for the black house cat for a few days Rhy noticed that hes
Meggie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
His Bewildered Mate is a typical shifter's romance. Where soul mate's who meet know instantly they are fated, to be with each other and have sex as soon as they can. From this point of view I was bored, because I haven't read anything new.
Theresa
Aug 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dillan wasn't likeable. Writing was clunky. Grammar was poor.
llv
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars
I really liked this book. Loved both MCs but especially Dillan. I found it interesting that most of the shifters in the book didnt really understand true mates and how to recognize them when they appeared. My biggest complaint is we dont get answers to Dillans backstory and why he was stuck as a cat for so long. Im really hoping that we get answers in a future installment in the series.
DeeNeez
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt, free-read, 2019
Very cute, funny and sweet. I like the premise of unusual mates. Dillion is a cat, who doesnt even know hes a shifter. Rhy is a tiger, a PI hired to look for a lost cat. Lots of chemistry and a regular sexathon. Missed opportunity was we never got to see Rhy shift to a tiger and cuddle with his cat Dillion.

Only down side to this sweet book was the editing errors, where the wrong character names were used.
Stephanie
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such an adorably sweet story! I love Rhy and Dillan (Mr. Fluffkins) story! I am already loving this series. This is such an amazing start to this series. I just felt every emotion that these characters are feeling. We got drama, sweetness, and humor that makes this story so amazing. I can't wait for more of this series!
Jennifer Lavoie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Not gonna lie, I cried and curled up with my cat at the end of this one, but I loved Dillan and Rhys story. The secondary characters add to it and both voices were unique. I look forward to the rest of the series.
Myeshia Cole
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG I love this book. Dillan and Rhy we're so cute together. I love how their story takes shape and I love all of the secondary characters who are involved in their stories. I cannot wait to see what the author does with this series. and while I am looking forward to all of the stories I cannot wait for Logan's. This was a great book
AL
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A cute approach to shifters and fated mates! I really liked how the author executed the story with just the right balance of humor and angst to make it a fun and entertaining story.
And the world created here promises even more fun to come!
Alexie Davis
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So Good!

Slow burn but well worth wait!!! I live getting to know both the main characters and reading Dillions growth. Cant wait for the next book!
Elizabeth Parker
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!
It's a beautiful, sweet story, delightful for cat lovers. Adorable and hot.
Claudia Lezár
3,5*

PLEASE READ MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings:

Loves Tethered Heart from C.L. Etta or
'Liberty' from Seth King),
it's like an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a
WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises
(like most of Andrew Greys books)
it's like an A

3,5* - a really good book, which will be reread a few
times a year
Deb Swietek
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your mate is a house cat? What's a weretiger to do?

What a wonderful, vibrant world Brea has created! The comradery, friendships, patience, tenderness, frustration, all combine to give the characters reality. You will feel their emotions as the story unfolds. I loved this book!
While there are multiple relationships gpimg on, the focus is on Dillan & Rhy. Rhy is part of a pack of big cat shifters, who also run a P.I. firm. His generous heart has him looking for a lost cat, Mr. Fluffkins. A
Carmen
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ku
2.5

I knew Rhy and Dillan wouldn't meet until the 50% mark, but I thought it would be more interesting. The romance is supposedly a slow burn one (according to the author) but, really, being destined mates they just jumped into it so.... well, it wasn't an incredible book neither was it bad.
Joelle
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So cute and sweet

I love the idea of fated mates. The whole notion that your perfect mate is out there, that you'll be irrevocably drawn to them and won't be able to live without them makes me happy. I love when they meet at the beginning and need to overcome a challenge. This book put a different spin on it. I liked that they didn't meet right away. I liked that Dillan was lost in his cat form and didn't know that he was really human and that Rhy was hired to find him. It allowed the author to
Angie Juarez
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cheryl
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the ARC read,I voluntarily give this book an honest review. When a older lady begs Rhy to help find her missing Mr. Fluffkins, he can't help but agree. Only catching the scent of the feline is has his scenes in a whirl. Chasing the scent throw out town.
Dillan aka Mr fluffkins doesn't realize he was a shifter, worried about getting back to his human Mary-Anne. Getting lost after a dog chases him while looking for his other Human Sam, Dillan is out alone in the big bad world not
Kathryn Manzella
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His Bewildered Mate is the first book in the Unexpected Mates series by Brea Alepou. Going off of this one book, I believe I have found a new series to be obsessed about. I loved this story so much.

Dillan spent most of his life living as a house cat, unaware of his true nature as a cat shifter. But one unexpected journey home after getting lost, will show him his true self... and introduce him to his true mate.

Dillan and Rhy are adorable, sweet, and sexy. I love them together and felt so much
Autumn Sluder
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
There were things I loved and things the bugged me about this book.
Dillion has been a cat as far back as he can remember and his life changes dramatically when he gets lost. The nightmares he thought were dreams are real and hes a shifter.
Rhy is a PI that hot sucked into searching for a fluffy cat pro bono by an adorable old lady. Plot twist! Its his fated mate.
Things I loved about the book: learning about Rhys pride and getting a good feel for all the characters.
I look forward to future books
Anabela.M.
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my freaking cuteness!

After reading More Than Blood by the same author, I was not ready for how sweet a book His Bewildered Mate really is.

I mean,Rhy goes looking for a missing cat and he's surprised by how much he cares about finding Mr. Fluffkins. He loses sleep and his appetite because of it,but the most shocking thing is how arousing he finds the cat's smell or how calming it is to sleep in its bed. In the mean time,Mr. Fluffkins, or better said Dillon,while searching for his way back
Angie
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fated Mate Shifter MM MPREG

3.5 stars!

This was my first shifter story with a domesticated animal which I found to be unique and interesting.

This is the first book in this series but i can tell many of the mates have already met and will likely have concurrent timelines which I kind of like.

I really hope that in the next books we glean more information about this shifter people and how they fit into this world. If I had 1 complaint it would be those details missing which could have enriched the
Sophie Martin
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
a good book with an interesting story

I really liked the idea of this book. A shifter stuck in his animal form for most of his life meets his true mate. The story is intresting and it is intriguing to see how it all happened. The book did make me cry a couole of times, some parts were very emotional. I'm giving it four star instead of five, because I believe the writing style needs a bit of working on. I can't put my finger on what exactly is bothering me about it, but it just doesn't seem to
Chelle Britton
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kelsy
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The premise of this drew me in, and it was super entertaining! I haven't read a shifter book where one of the main characters doesn't realize he's human at first. That aspect was especially well done.

One spoilery thing -
(view spoiler)
Sheridan
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Ok so another different book coming from this author.

This time we get a cute shifter with a bonus/surprise mpreg!

The story line was sweet. Rhy getting asked to find a cat... but he feels connected to the cat...
Dillan and Rhy were cute and very much in love from the moment they found each other. They found their mate!
I thought Dillan was super cute when he half shifted!

Not too bad of a story.
The rest of the pack will be interesting to read if the lead up in this story is anything to go by ❤
Monika
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, shifters
Very unique story! Quite cool idea, but the rendition was not as good as it could have been. Most likely won't read again.

First of all this whole book was about Rhy and Dillan, but we never learn anything about Dillon's story :(. I also didn't like how the author pushed all the other matings on us. It was quite annoying - that's what the other books should be about, not this one. Also the whole (view spoiler) thing came sort of out of nowhere. Why couldn't Logan
Miss Unmissed
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars

Im usually not a fan of insta love but this one was recommended and that aspect of the story was actually pretty good. I did have a couple of complaints that stopped it from being a higher rating. First was the lack of editing. There were numerous times that the author said Rhy when they meant Dillon or vice versa and I feel as if that really removes you from the story. Second, if finding your true mate is supposed to be rare why the heck does it happen so many times in this one book? It

• Malik (Kif Warriors #1)
  • Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Truth (Wolves of Walker County, #1)
  • The Guppy Prince (The Silver Isles #1)
  • Hunter's Creek
  • Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
  • His Elder Dragon (Divine Dragons #1)
  • Jagher (Kif Warriors, #2)
  • Sentinel (The Lost Pack #3)
  • Keeper (The Lost Pack, #2)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Cauldron Cake Pops and a Witch's Kiss (Holiday Omegas, #1)
  • A Pebble for Lewis
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • The Captain's Mate (The Blue Solace #6)
  • Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
Brea Alepoú realized her dream was to write and tell stories after spending five years in college getting a degree. She has since been writing and letting her imagination free. She thought she would only write contemporary at first but soon found her love for making worlds. So now she writes it all. With her wild imagination, expect lots of different stories, from fairies ruling, to vampires ...more

News & Interviews