Start by marking “His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)” as Want to Read:
His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)

His Bewildered Mate

(Unexpected Mates #1)

True mates are found in the most unlikely of places.

Rhy, a weretiger with a heart so big, that when an elderly woman comes in looking for her lost cat, Mr. Fluffkins, Rhy knew he had to help. He had no way of knowing that it would lead him to his true mate.

Dillan (Mr. Fluffkins), has lived his whole life wishing he was more than just a cat. He never felt right walking
Published August 14th 2019 by Brea Alepoú

To ask other readers questions about His Bewildered Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Bewildered Mate

Start your review of His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)
Shin Mon Thway
Although I enjoyed this book, I definitely have some complaints about this. 🙂 First of all, the MCs don’t meet “at all” until 55% mark. And boy, isn’t that a long time to meet your fated mate? 🤦‍♀️ And there are two secondary characters’ death in the story. I don’t know about you but I hate deaths in books unless it’s a murder mystery or the deceased is an A-hole. 🤷‍♀️ I cried for their deaths. I wanted cute and fluffy and this turned out quite angsty. 😒 I guess I’ll still read the second book b ...more
Barbara➰
**3.5 Stars**

Dillan has been a cat as long as he can remember. But he's no ordinary cat. He can understand his humans, he eats at the table and sleeps in a bed. He watches movies and communicates as best he can. But, he ventures out of the house and is suddenly lost.

Rhy and his pack run a PI firm. When a sweet little old lady comes in wanting Rhy to find her missing cat, Rhy can't resist. And when he gets a whiff of the cat's sent in his room, it becomes even more imperative he find the cat. He
Susan
This went up and down for me. At first I was enjoying it despite the few issues I had and I was thinking 4 stars. Then it slowly went to 3.5 stars and at the end I was leaning towards 3 stars.

So 3.25 stars then.

Rhy works at a PI firm with his fellow pack mates. When an older woman comes in to ask him to please find her cat Mr. Flufkinks, Rhy feels the urge to help the woman, even though they normally don’t look for pets.

After looking for the black house cat for a few days Rhy noticed that he’s g
Lily
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very fun read with plenty of sexy times and even some emotion to kick you in the heart near the end. Features Mr. Dillian Fluffykins, a cat shifter unaware that he is in fact a shifter. He lives 18 years thinking he's just a really smart house cat. But one day he gets lost and separated from his beloved home!! But no need to fear. His trusty granny owner enlists a tiger shifter P.I. to bring her beloved Mr. Fluffykins home. P.I. Rhy goes to look for the missing feline when he catches a strange ...more
JoAnn
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it

I like this author quite bit, not love but I’m sure it will get there. This was probably some of their sweeter work, I mean there was no blood?.?.?.

While I thought it was a good enjoyable read, I was disappointed we didn’t really end up getting to completely finish Dillon and Rhys story, I understand the stories are meant to run together, it’s just not a format I enjoy too much.
Len Evans Jr
This was definitely a bit slow forthe first half; the two MC's did not even meet each other till the halfway point of the book. Other than that this book was totally AWESOME!!! And if you read this and at least have the emotional disposition of more than a rock expect to cry... more than once for sure! I love these characters and how their chosen familly is growing. So now it is on to book two! ...more
Meggie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
His Bewildered Mate is a typical shifter's romance. Where soul mate's who meet know instantly they are fated, to be with each other and have sex as soon as they can. From this point of view I was bored, because I haven't read anything new. ...more
Theresa
Aug 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dillan wasn't likeable. Writing was clunky. Grammar was poor. ...more
Anna
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Absolutely adorable story. It could stand one more editing session but it wasn’t the worst that I’ve read. Besides it’s Mpreg and y’all already know.
I’m moving on to the next book and I cannot wait. I especially like how all the stories intertwine with each other. I will recommend if very minor editing while you read isn’t a turn off!
Happy reading!!!
Verdelite
In which world is this a slow-burn?
Badh
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love Dillan!

Oh my goodness! Dillan is just so sweet and funny and bouncy. He is just so perfect and lovely, Rhy is so lucky.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dillion is too cute for words. Sweet quick read.
Gabryel Tobias
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Great beginning, then a classic insta-love

I really enjoyed the first half of the book. A shifter novel where the main character believes he’s actually a cat due to some unknown traumatic event from his childhood? I’ve never seen it before, and it was incredibly absorbing. I felt like I got to know Dillan pretty well, and the group of shifted detectives were also an interesting addition.

*spoilers ahead!*

Sadly there is so much left unexplored in this novel. After Dillan discovers he’s actually a
llv
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars
I really liked this book. Loved both MCs but especially Dillan. I found it interesting that most of the shifters in the book didn’t really understand true mates and how to recognize them when they appeared. My biggest complaint is we don’t get answers to Dillan’s backstory and why he was stuck as a cat for so long. I’m really hoping that we get answers in a future installment in the series.
DeeNeez
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, glbt, free-read
Very cute, funny and sweet. I like the premise of unusual mates. Dillion is a cat, who doesn’t even know he’s a shifter. Rhy is a tiger, a PI hired to look for a lost cat. Lots of chemistry and a regular sexathon. Missed opportunity was we never got to see Rhy shift to a tiger and cuddle with his cat Dillion.

Only down side to this sweet book was the editing errors, where the wrong character names were used.
Stephanie
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such an adorably sweet story! I love Rhy and Dillan (Mr. Fluffkins) story! I am already loving this series. This is such an amazing start to this series. I just felt every emotion that these characters are feeling. We got drama, sweetness, and humor that makes this story so amazing. I can't wait for more of this series! ...more
Katherine
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shifted worldview

A cute and fluffy story of shifters and fated mates that tells the complete story of a relationship coming together, but with promise of more story in the coming books of the other relationships. In fact, with the setup of this book their promises to be a mate for every member of this unusual pack very soon, with very differing relationships.

As the book title promises, Rhy finding his mate was both unexpected and bewildering for the two men. Mostly because....one wasn't yet a ma
Megan
Apr 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the premise of this story and felt that there was something unique about the story line. I'd never read a story before where the shifter didn't know they were a shifter but were in their animal form. The other way around, sure, in fact Badger to the Bone by Shelly Laurenston was a phenomenal example of that, but this was something different, something new to me and I was intrigued right away by the synopsis. What followed was a lot of the chase and very little actual plot or rom ...more
dbbks3
Mar 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Great Concept but Too Many Errors.

I have a difficult time rating this book. It is my first read by this a
author. I ended up with 2 1/2 stars.

The idea for the story is brilliant. A shifter living as a house cat and not understanding that he is a shifter. The elderly couple with whom he lived were sweet. The Shifter PI hired to find the missing cat not understanding that the scent in the couple's house affects him because it is his fated mate's scent. Loved the concept.

As the story progressed I w
Sarita Chapdelaine
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a sweet and fun start to a new series with great characters and an intriguing storyline. The pace is a bit slow in the beginning and it took me a while to get into this book but I really love the characters. Dillan is a sweetheart who has a lot to learn about his new normal but he luckily meets some helpful and caring shifters during his journey. Rhy is wonderful as well and he will do whatever it takes to help his mate deal with all of the obstacles he faces. They are a sweet couple wit ...more
Anna
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
2.5/5 Spoilers Incoming

A good story but so wordy at times that I found myself skimming entire scenes. There's a big scene where Rhy takes a shower and the books goes into each step of his shower routine in detail: undress, turn on faucet, get in shower, open bodywash bottle, squirt it into hand... you get the point.

The first half was also super tedious. The main characters don't even meet each other until the 50% mark, and then it's insta-love even though Dillan has been living the life of a ho
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
I don't really know what to say about this book. The idea sounded so cute but the execution just wasn't there for me. The two MC's don't meet until about 1/2 way through the book and then they immediately bond, have lots of sex and fall in love. There are a ton of secondary characters and the set-up for several future mates in the next books. Honestly some of that could have waited. Why set up the books for the next 2 books. The problem I had other than the instant love was that not a lot happen ...more
Celine
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story

This was a great book. It sucked me in and I couldn't put it down.

It was very interesting. I loved the world setting and the story. I really enjoyed meeting all these characters. So different from each other.

Rhy and Dillan were great characters and I loved how we go through their journey to each other first, it gives you great insight on who they are. I really enjoyed them together after that. It was sweet, fun, bittersweet, hot and very loving.

I really enjoyed the last chapter and I
Bronwyn Heeley
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it
It was fine, everything that it said it would be. Everything that fits into the whole paranormal fated mates romance which I happen to really like. I liked the family we started to get to know, and I can’t wait to see more of them. I can’t wait to find out more about a few of them and see their romances which I think is one of the biggest downfalls with this book, I didn’t care enough about them. I wanted someone else, I wanted to know more about the others.
Natasha Lynn Harris
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Decent Start

The main characters don't meet until halfway through the book, so until Dillan is running around lost and trying to get use to his new self, and Rhy is running around trying to find a lost pet.
And when they do meet its a fast pace race to the end. There are a lot of unanswered questions and two big bombs dropped at the end, hopefully we will get the answers in the upcoming books.
Rachwithheadinabook
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good start to the series

This first book of the series is a slow burn, in fact the MC's Rhy and Dillan don't even meet until the second half of the book, there is mention of MPreg but that doesn't happen in this book.
I really enjoyed this easy to read low angst book, it has a nice pace and a few steamy scenes once Rhy and Dillan meet. I am looking forward to reading Kash and Dezi's story.
Georgiana
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I liked that it took awhile for both Rhy and Dillan (Mr. Fluffkins) to meet. Both Rhy and Dillan are sweet and even a bit funny at times. The mating bond is strong between the two once they do meet and everything happens quickly after that.

I was easily drawn into their story, but I do have some unanswered questions about Dillan, which I hope are answered at some point. There are a couple little twists thrown in and a sad ending for a secondary character.
Jeanette Cooper
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Action, Romance, Shifters...

This book is about true mates. The MCs Rhy and Dillion are instantly attracted to each other. This makes for some awkward situations which will have you laughing, crying, and standing up and rooting for them. It leaves you hanging in the end....but promises more in the next book. This series is definately not stand alone though I am highly recommending this book and series for everyone who loves a story that has everything. 😀
John-Torleif  Harris
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and unique shifter story

How does Logan know so much about true mates when no one else has anything but the vaguest clue? Why are everyone in this pride suddenly getting their mates all at once? Will Dillan ever find out about what happened when he was so young? And does it have any relevance to the pride’s lives now?

I found this to be a very unique, and strong, introduction to this series. I will certainly be reading more.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Finding His Pack (Greycoast Pack #1)
  • Pumpkin Cream Pie (Welcome to Morningwood Omegaverse #7)
  • Enemy/Lover (The Vale Chronicles #2)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Fated: Wolf and the Hare (Pack of Brothers, #1)
  • Matched to His Bear (The Dates of Our Lives, #2)
  • Friends Lovers and Family
  • The Boss (The Killough Company, #1)
  • Omega's Power (Irresistible Omegas, #7)
  • Hero (Wolves of Royal Paynes #1)
  • Rules for Santa (Davey's Rules #3)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • Dragon Collector (Dragon Hoard, #2)
  • White Knight (Blackwood Pack #8)
  • Tony and His Tiger (Oh My!, #3)
  • Rowan and the Wolf
  • Finding His Purpose (Greycoast Pack #2)
Brea Alepoú realized her dream was to write and tell stories after spending five years in college getting a degree. She has since been writing and letting her imagination free. She thought she would only write contemporary at first but soon found her love for making worlds. So now she writes it all. With her wild imagination, expect lots of different stories, from fairies ruling, to vampires killi ...more

Unexpected Mates (5 books)
  • His Royal Mate (Unexpected Mates #2)
  • His Apprehensive Mate (Unexpected Mates #3)
  • His Runaway Mate (Unexpected Mates #4)
  • His Devoted Mate (Unexpected Mates #5)

News & Interviews

“Did you find anything that's useful?" Logan smiled at him. "Besides the fact this cat lives a better life than me?” 1 likes