Start by marking “Gilded Serpent (Dark Shores, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gilded Serpent (Dark Shores, #3)

Gilded Serpent

(Dark Shores #3)

From bestselling author Danielle L. Jensen comes a thrilling new novel in the Dark Shores world, a series that Sarah J. Maas called "everything I look for in a fantasy novel."

Expected publication: April 27th 2021 by Tor Teen

Start your review of Gilded Serpent (Dark Shores, #3)
jessica
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
this series. oh man, this series is simultaneously giving me life and killing me. its such a wild ride and i have no hesitation in saying this is the best book so far. the stakes are higher, the tensions are thicker, and the secrets are being revealed.

i also think the story really benefits from all four of the main characters being in the same book ( ‘dark shores’ had two while ‘dark skies’ focused on the other two). i dont care that this book is super hefty because of it - give me 600 mo
Danielle Jensen
Mar 27, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm going to use this space to give you a few facts about this novel!

Read chapter one: https://torteenblog.com/2020/06/26/ch...

1. It is NOT the last book in this series. I repeat, this is not the end. There will be at least one more book, which has always been the plan.
2. It has all four points of view (Marcus, Teriana, Killian, and Lydia)
3. You must read both Dark Shores and Dark Skies before you read this or you will be deeply confused. It would also help if you read Tarnished Empire before re
megs_bookrack
I HAVE IT, I HAVE IT, I HAVE IT!!!!!

Thank you so much to the publisher, Tor Teen, for providing me with an ARC.

I love this series so, so much. I couldn't be happier!

Earlier:

And just like that, a cover drops!

It may not be green, as I was hoping, but it's certainly gorgeous.

I cannot wait until this entire series is gracing my shelves!!!

Original:

I NEED THIS BOOK AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!!

Also, sending a request up to the Book Cover Gods to make it GREEN...with 'serpent' in the title, I have a g
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, courtesy of NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

RTC!!! THAT ENDING OMGGG!!!
Lucie V.
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley (thank you Tor Books). All thoughts and opinions are my own.

So... I just now realized that there will be a fourth book because things are definitely not resolved at the end of Gilded Serpent, and even worse, it ends with a cliffhanger! 😫

Gilded Serpent starts right where Dark Shores and Sark skies ended, and Teriana and Marcus' quest is woven with Lydia and Killian's. This book is a good mix of adventure, travel, life-or-death situations, politics,
Melissasfandomworld
Thanks in advance to Netgalley and the publisher for sending me an e-arc, in exchange for me leaving an honest review. You guys made my entire bookish year!

And here's my honest review:
This follow up to the Dark Shores and Dark Skies was everything I hoped for and more. What a fan-frigging-tastic read this has been and finished way too soon - I barely noticed it being almost 600 pages, because it was so incredibly fast paced (I finished it within a day and a half, which is saying Something seein
Roobie
⭐️4.5 stars⭐️

Ok, I loved this!

I couldn't wait for this book and for all the POVs and storylines to come together and they did not disappoint. I swear these are the only books that don't make me yawn at converations about politics. It didn't even feel like a ~600 page book because there was always something happening that made me keep reading and wanting more.

The next book is going to be amazeballs! (please stop hurting my babies)

ARC received via Netgalley.
Laura S
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
SPEECHLESS. i don’t really know what to say to convey the emotional turmoil you will go through while reading this book.

the SECRETS. the SLOW BURN. the ANGST. the CHEMISTRY. all my favorite tropes present and accounted for. so many amazing, well-developed characters. vivid writing. i don’t want to say too much cause *spoilers* but Danielle pretty please if you are by chance reading this can you give at least one of these couplets a well-deserved hea?

this book was the best so far in the series, w
Caitlin Reads
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars! I was really excited for Gilded Serpent and I was not disappointed! This book was really difficult to put down. It was really exciting to see the different stories finally connect. The story is told through the multiple points of view from Marcus, Teriana, Lydia and Killian. I really like all of the characters and care about what happens to them. I did prefer Teriana and Marcus and found myself sometimes pushing through the chapters with Lydia and Killian to get back to them. However, ...more
AJ
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the publishers at Macmillan-Tor/Forge for providing me an arc of this book in exchange for an honest review!

”And I think it will be in the absence of light that we all see who we truly are.”

This series is kicking ass and taking names! I can’t believe how amazing it is. Actually, I can because within the last year I’ve come to realize just how amazing Danielle’s writing is. She’s given us all 4 POVs from the characters we’ve grown to love over the last two books. I enjoyed Marcu
Dorian Haviliard♕
Thank you to netgalley for providing me with an arc.

*fangirly screaming in the background*
♠ TABI⁷ ♠
Nov 02, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ by: Helena of Eretz ✰
Shelves: edelweiss, netgalley
aHa guess I gotta read this series now
T.L. Branson
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing

I just finished Gilded Serpent by Danielle L. Jensen and whew! What a doozy of a ride that was. It’s easily Jensen’s best book yet.

There are many starting points into this world like Dark Shores and Dark Skies, or even the prequel novella Tarnished Empire. But Gilded Serpent is not one of those points.

If you’ve yet to read anything in the Dark Shores world, stop, turn around, and go read one of the books above.

Even if novellas aren’t your thing, I HIGHLY recommend you check out Tarnished Empire
Dorian Haviliard♕
This surprised me oh so much, and I loved it for that. We actually follow the characters from the two previous books, Marcus, Lydia, Killian, and Teriana (I expected this book to have "DARK" in its title, actually) as they finally come to a head of a possible impending war (OoOoOo). Now, for the actual book, while Dark Skies definitely didn't do for me 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 (this could be possibly because right before I got this arc, I started the series), I was still waiting for the book, and it DELIVERED. ...more
Ashley
Feb 06, 2021 marked it as on-hold
Shelves: 2021, arcs
HUGE Thank you to Macmillan-Tor/Forge via NetGalley for the ARC!
L
Oct 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Thank you so much to the publishers and Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

RTC!!
Laura P.
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My immense gratitude goes to Tor Teen for granting me an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review (you brought joy to a bleak 2020/2021!)

First thing first, it took me a whole month to start this book, mostly because I was too excited and – at the same time – too scared. Well, I’m quite happy to report that Gilded Serpent is, hands down, the best book I read this year.
If possible, I loved it even more than Dark Shores andDark Skiesput together, that’s a feat considering how much I love
Shannon
Thank you Tor Teen for giving me an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was *chef's kiss* PERFECTION!! I need the next book asap!

I've been a fan of Jensen's books since Stolen Songbird. From then on, I've been following her work because they're exactly my taste and she never failed to broke my heart and blew my mind with every book she wrote.

Though I didn't like Dark Shores as much as I hoped too, I still sensed that the series is going to be awesome. Then I read Dark Sk
Meg
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have an arc of this and I have never been more excited for anything in my life. Starting ASAP.

Finished the ARC. I’m. Dead.

This book just destroyed me. I absolutely loved the 4 POVs we get to follow and I love all 4 of these characters with my whole heart.
This series literally has it all. Amazing world building, the slowest of slow burn romances that actually hurt my soul, intense action packed battles, so much angst and dramatic irony. I honestly don’t know if I will recover from this book.
diana
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Please tell me this is not the end.

RTC
Ava
It's no small secret that I LOVE the Dark Shores series, and as such, I had big expectations coming into this book - not only were those expectations met, they were exceeded so drastically, and so many times that I almost dropped my iPad in the bathtub about 12 times while reading.
Unlike the previous installments, GILDED SERPENT follows 4 POVs: Marcus, Teriana, Lydia, and Killian. As much as I love multiple-perspective novels, there usually ends up being one character whose chapters I want to s
Jess (The Cozy Reader) Kennedy
Excellent addition to an already amazing series. Can't wait to read more because that ended on a major cliffhanger! ...more
Michelle
Jun 26, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Gimmeeeeeeeeeeee!! I need this book right now! Also that cover 🔥
Eileen (BookCatPin)
A billion stars. I loved this book so much!!!!

FRTC
Rhea | rheareads_
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating : 4.5 ⭐️

THIS BOOK IS SIMPLY AMAZING ⭐️

Thank you so so so much for NetGalley and Tor Books for sending me a copy of this book! I wouldn’t know what to do if I had to wait for months before I can read it 😭. I asked for it before reading the whole series and I took it as a sign to finally start reading the books when they sent me the ARC. And I immediately got invested with the whole series, especially the characters! I’m still simping over the two guys but Killian takes my heart ♥️.
The sta
Ashley Dang
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Summary:

THEIR BATTLES ENDED IN VICTORY

Lydia returns to Mudaire to enter training at the healing temple. But instead of fighting to save lives, she’s convinced she is doing more harm than good. She delves into the history of the gods only to discover a truth that will change her life forever.

His birthright as commander of the Royal Army is finally in his grasp, but Killian feels anything but victorious. Burdened by his past, he embraces the darker side of his mark—and in doing so, risks star
Melissa M
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be granted my wish for an ARC and HOLY CRAP. This book is spellbinding and I could NOT put it down. The things that Marcus, Teriana, Killian, and Lydia go through and THAT ENDING?! This book isn’t even out for six months and I’m already needing book four pronto!!

The amount of tension and anxiety I felt throughout this whole books just shows the masterful storytelling of Danielle Jensen and uniting all four POVs in such a gripping manner blew my mind.

If you want twists and
Ashley Dang
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Summary:

Clever Crow
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book impressed me so much. What does it require for an author to be on the 4th book in a series and for each book to be better than the last?

Marcus, Teriana, Killian, Lydia and Agrippa were back and more nuanced than before, and the story took so many turns that I am left wondering if Danielle L Jensen is even human to have come up with a story this thrilling.

War, betrayal, survival, forgiveness, redemption, love, sacrifice, revenge, depth, The Battle Scenes!
THIS. BOOK!

The pacing was per
Katie
Jan 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Gilded Serpent by Danielle L. Jensen - Release Date April 27, 2021
Dark Shores Series

Finally, all 4 of our MC’s finally coverage in this book (I’m neither confirming or denying they MEET, just - all 4 are in one book)

Reading all 4 POV was actually truly refreshing for me. It kept everything engaging, yet everything was leaving me on the edge of my seat. Some thoughts that ran through my head during;

“Is this when it happens?”

“OMG ARE THEY GOING TO RUN INTO EACH OTHER”

“You’re kidding me.”

“Please, y

• The Descent of the Drowned (The Descent of the Drowned, #1)
  • Of Wicked Blood (The Quatrefoil Chronicles, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Mask of Mirrors (Rook & Rose, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)
  • Namesake (Fable, #2)
  • Angels Fall
  • Piece of My Heart (Under Suspicion, #7)
  • These Hollow Vows
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • All the Tides of Fate (All the Stars and Teeth, #2)
  • Malice
  • Winterkeep (Graceling Realm, #4)
  • All That Glitters
Danielle L. Jensen is the USA Today bestselling author of The Malediction Trilogy (Angry Robot), the Dark Shores series (Tor Teen), and The Bridge Kingdom series (Audible Originals). She lives in Calgary, Alberta with her family.

I would love to be your friend on Goodreads!

Dark Shores (4 books)
  • Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • Dark Skies (Dark Shores, #2)
  • Untitled (Dark Shores, #4)

News & Interviews