Start by marking “Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)” as Want to Read:
Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)

Rocket Science

(Love Logic #1)

Relationships arent rocket science. If they were, I might stand a chance of figuring one out.

Elijah
Saying I've had a crush on my best friend's older brother, Pax, most of my life is like saying the big bang was just an explosion. It's true, but I'm not sure that quite captures the essence of its true enormity.

I know he's only hanging out with me because I'm new in
Published September 27th 2019 by K.M. Neuhold (first published September 13th 2019)

Start your review of Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
☆ Todd

A slightly dissenting opinion here, but while I enjoyed the story, I never got that feeling of, "OMG, these two absolutely *must* be together or the world is going to end", which is one of the things that I most adore when reading romances.

Nerdy, 22 y.o. Elijah had been obsessed with his best friend's older brother since the first moment he felt a tingling "down there", which only intensified the moment that he met up with Pax again in LA, where Elijah was attending graduate school.

Driven, 30
Shile
Audiobook - 4 stars
Story - 3.85 stars nerdlet 🤓

The author and the narrator are new to me. I am glad it was a successful. The narrator has a deep low sexy voice.. He reads faster but i was ok with that.

I enjoyed the story, it was cute, funny, hot and angst free. All the characters were so likable. The MCs Elijah and Pax got mad chemistry. I loved them so much.

The writing was good. I will be checking out more of this author's books.

Recommended for when you are in the mood for a cute story.
Nazanin
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, m-m
3.5-3.75 Nerdlet Stars

Elijah was a socially awkward and a nerd. He was good at seeing a problem and find a solution. People didnt make sense to him the way physics and numbers did.

Pax was Elijahs best friends brother. He didnt do relationships; he was a slut. But when his brother asked him to hang out with Elijah and do something to take him out of his apartment and introduce to some people something changed in him

Told in dual POV, 1st person, its a standalone novel. this was my first read by
Jan
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, ku
**** 3.75 Stars ****

A very enjoyable, hot and angst-free story.
Ele
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a nice surprise! I have read some books by this author and they 've been hit or miss (mostly miss) but this one really hit the mark.

Lots of favorite tropes were done almost to perfection here, like...
-Best friend's older brother.
-Awkward nerd (glasses and all) vs big, outgoing jock.
-Virgin who wants to experiment and explore all kinds of things.
-F@ck buddies until feelings get in the way.

There is A LOT of sex in this book (smoking hot btw) and at some point I was afraid that was all
Cadiva
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was a surprise and in a totally great way.

I think I'd been expecting more pining or a bit more angsting but it was just a completely sweet and satisfyingly spicy romance.

Best friend's older brother is one of my fave tropes, throw in a nerdy but surprisingly needy virgin who gets quite filthy in all the best ways and an older guy who falls hard, and you get this excellent book.

The Epilogue is just brilliant.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.
Snjez
Oct 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Susan
This was such a cute read! I was in the mood for a fluffy book and this falling in love with the brother's best friend story was just adorable.

Pax is a bit of a manwhore. He travels a lot and loves to have a different man in his bed every night. When he gets a text from his brother asking him to check on his brothers best friend who just moved there, Pax isnt sure he wants to do it. He remembers Elijah as this awkward nerdy kid. But of course he cant say no to his brother, so he sends Elijah a
Ariana
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4,25 stars*

Freaking adorable.
Thats what Id call this.
One of the best books in the light and fluffy category for me this year.

Nerdlet and virgin Elijah, a guy with a genius brain, a huge intellect and tons of social awkwardness has had a crush on his best friends brother since hes been a teen. And now eight-year older Pax has been given the task to socialise him in his new environment. Which turns into an experiment of showing Elijah 'the ropes in all departments.

They call it an experiment,
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

This one really worked for me. It had lots of things that I loved.

Best friend's older brother theme
Exploratory sex (very hot)
Nerdy MC
Likable secondary characters
Low angst

I really hope this becomes a series or we at least get some books on some of the side characters. Hudson and Bishop? Theo?
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

This is a very sexy, opposites-attract, friends-to-fuck-buddies-to-lovers story. There is little angst, and the epilogue presents us with a glowing HEA (even though Elijah is still insecure four years later).

I liked the dual, first-person POV. I just wish that Elijah had been slightly more confident and not afraid to express his feelings for Pax, and that Pax hadn't strung Elijah along for so damn long just because he didn't want to step on his brother's (Elijah's best friend) toes.

And
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I absolutely adored this. My sophomore reading from this author went even better than the first one.

I adored Elijah and Pax's chemistry, I adored their scenes together, and their sex scenes were scorching.

I love the "best friend's brother" or "brother's best friend" trope, it's always so fun, and this didn't disappoint. Pax is Elijah's best friend's older brother, and Elijah has been crushing on him for about 10 years, although he hasn't seen him in years and years, seeing as Pax is
Rachel Emily
I LOVED THIS!

This might be my favorite story from this author! It just ticked all of my boxes - nerdy, awkward character, first times, best friend's older brother, sweet moments, genuinely funny moments, the whole "let's do casual - oops, we caught feels!" type of story. I just LOVED this.

Elijah is super smart, but not the best at flirting or relationships - and he's never had one, although he's had a seriously crush on his best friend's older brother, Paxton. Theo, who is Elijah's best friend,
.Lili.
I really enjoyed this one.

-Best friend's brother
-Opposites attract
-Age gap-ish (8 years)
-Hot chemistry
-No strings sex
-Feels
-Low drama
-Sweet HEA

KM Neuhold is a new to me author whose backlist I'll be checking into, and I hope we'll see this turn into a series.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
My life has been insane, out of control and seriously crazy the past few weeks or more and unfortunately, reviewing this book took a hit. I finished this almost a week ago but never wrote even a note about my thoughts. Aside from remembering that I enjoyed it, it was cute and seriously hot, I dont have much of a review in me. I think the bestie/brother kind of getting thrown at us toward the end bothered me a bit but the rest I think was a ton of fun and my kind of story. Im pretty much always a ...more
Debra
I was looking for a light, low-angst, quick, sexy read and it's just what I got here. I'm also a sucker for a nerdy MC and Elijah was adorable. Pax is Elijah's best friend's older brother, who he has had a crush on for years. What starts out as Pax helping Elijah out in his new town, turns into a casual sexual exploration to help Elijah build confidence and experience. But we all know what happens after that.

I loved seeing Elijah come out of his shell, yet still retain his innocence. His
Zuzu
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
42% - A bit frustrating. Pax is hot and cold and it's making me angry. Plus am I the only one that doesn't feel the chemistry between these 2?

I got a bit over 1/2 way and then skipped to the final 3 chapters. I think I saved myself a lot of back-and-forth which would have aggravated me.
----------
I did just read the short story "Bishop and the Bartender" and found out the next book is MMMM. Very Interesting!
Vanna
3.5 stars!! 💕Enjoyed it! 😁👍 The story was sweet, wildly-hot, romantic with no angst😍.. Nice break from all the angsty-action stories I have been reading lately. From the premise it seemed like a generic smart-nerd-falls-for-beefy-popular-older-guy type of story; but it was far from mundane and actually quite enjoyable despite the lack of angst.
Told from the POVs of the two MCs Elijah (22 yrs old, PhD scholar at CalTech.. the resident "Rocket Scientist"🤓) and Pax ("Hot" older brother of Elijah's
Elsbeth
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars*
W.
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is a sweet, zero angst , very steamy and light hearted story . And I had a good old time reading it.

Re-read: No
Recommend: Yes

#ReadOn2020 #KU #Amazon
Joyfully Jay
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Oh, this book called to me right from that gorgeous cover, straight through geeky hero, and on into best friends brother. Basically, total catnip. And I am thrilled to say I absolutely adored this story. It is sexy and romantic and a lot of fun.

One of the things I love about a geeky hero trope is that mix of intelligence and social naiveté and that is Elijah completely. He is incredibly smart and capable academically, but very uncertain when it comes to social
Addicted2M/M
4.5
Pax guiding Elijah through his sexual experiments...loaded with dirty talk? Ungh.
I need more. Alex's story??? Bishop/Hudson??? Theo???
All of the above. Please.
Sanaa
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars.

Super cute read! Review to follow soon.
Tessi4M
I'm sorry, book, but it seems like you are the last straw, so you are the one getting my rant - even though plenty of other books have had their part in building up to this.

I am sick of the 'no way in Hell do I want a relationship' trope! I get that a single person can be happy where he is and not actively looking for a relationship. That's all fine. But when a guy meets another guy, gets to know him, and finds himself in a situation where he wants to spend every minute of the day with him.
Donna
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Love Logic #1
Rating: 5 stars - loved it!

One Sentence Summary: Elijah is the quintessential shy, awkward nerd so he's amazed when his best friend's older brother, Paxton starts hanging out with him after Elijah moves to the city -- now if only Elijah could shake his teenage crush on Pax.

Rocket Science was suggested as a great romance with a nerdy MC and it did not disappoint. I really enjoyed Elijah and Pax and watching their relationship develop from friends to lovers. I could relate so
Leslie
⭐ ⭐⭐⭐.5/5 Stars
🔥🔥🔥🔥/5 Call the Fire Department Heat Scale

One of my favorite romance tropes, if done well, is the best friends older brother. This was absolutely done well.

Rocket Science brings us Elijah and Pax. Pax is the older brother of Elijahs best friend Theo. (Who will be getting a story of his own from what I hear. Along with some other secondary characters. Youll know when you meet them. 2020 cant come soon enough.)

Elijah has moved across the country for Grad School. Theo, knowing
Kathryn Manzella
Rocket Science by K.M. Neuhold is a stand-alone MM romance and is an amazing read. You have to love the adorable and virginal nerd making the sexy playboy type fall hard for him. Plus it's a best friend's older brother story!

Pax and Elijah are fantastic characters who had me laughing, awww-ing and my kindle heating up. The supporting characters are interesting and fun, too. This story was funny, sweet at times, sexy and altogether fun! Loved it!
Natosha Wilson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved his book. It is one of those books where you are drawnto the main characters and you are so hoping they figure their crap out and end up together. Opposite attract, that is what this book is. Not to mention it is the book where one of the main characters is in love with his best friends brother. So yes I was hoping these two men would end up together in the end!! This is one of Boss books that is such an incredible read that you just do not want it to end. I really hope that some of ...more
Shannon
I think this may be one of the sweetest books I've read in a long time. Elijah and Pax were so clueless but in completely different ways. I loved their exploration (sexy times), their wonderful dates, Elijah's nerdiness and Pax's confusion. Beautiful. Just a great way to spend any extra time you may have.

• Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Project Hero
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck #2)
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • Game On (Fever Falls #5)
  • Ship Work (Valentine's Inc. Cruises, #1)
K.M.Neuhold has long since been a romance junkie. When shes not writing shes reading or spending time snuggling with her husky or her husband. She fell in love with M/M romance last year and hasnt been able to turn back. Theres nothing she loves more than love in all its forms. ...more

Love Logic (2 books)
  • Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)

News & Interviews

“Embrace the embarrassment,” he advises. “It’s never killed anyone.” 2 likes
“Some of my friends told me I was wasting my genius on matters of my dick, but I honestly can’t think of a better use for my brain than this.” 0 likes