Start by marking “The Tao of Gung Fu: A Study in the Way of Chinese Martial Art (Bruce Lee Library)” as Want to Read:

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  331 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
This is the book that Bruce Lee had intended to publish as an in-depth follow up to his Chinese Gung Fu. Prior to his death, he had written the majority of the text, which explores such topics as yin-yang as it applies to martial arts, Eastern and Western fitness methodologies, and studies of martial arts and self-defense techniques. Also included is Bruce Lee's Gung Fu "s
Published November 15th 1997 by Tuttle Publishing (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Tao of Gung Fu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tao of Gung Fu

Vaishali
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely blown away.
Each line in this book is a precious drop of cool water on a sweltering summer day... savory and refreshing.
Few pages, but so packed with jewels you want to stay with each sentence forever.
Long live the great, mighty Bruce Lee.

Greatest hits:
---------------------------------
1. A simple life is one of plainness in which profit is discarded, cleverness abandoned, selfishness eliminated, and desires reduced. A life of hamony, unity, contentment, tranquility, constancy, enlight
Dan
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great beginning guide to Wing-Chun.
Jason Langley
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I truly believe Bruce Lee is one of the greatest martial arts of all time . This book is a glimpse into the mind of genius .
Josiah
Feb 07, 2011 added it
A good explanation of the more metaphysical aspects of "hard work".
Jeannette
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Roger
Jan 05, 2011 rated it liked it
I was delighted to come across this book in a used book store on Chicago Ave. in Evanston. Not at all what I was shopping for, but as soon as I saw it, I knew I must buy it, since I am a big fan of Bruce Lee and had no idea he had written a book. The book was a very interesting peek into the mind of a man who devoted his entire life to the perfection of the art of Gung Fu. Compiled from many of his writings, the book doesn't always transition smoothly, but the philosophical and spiritual depth o ...more
Randy Daugherty
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gung Fu the only formalized study Bruce had and which would provide the basis of his Jeet Kune Do.
He explains exactly what Gung Fu is and what it isn't, the relationship between the Ying/Yang. No-Mindedness as well as other personal insights. Along with diagrams he provides the foundation moves and the mechanics behind each, still asking us to remember that the martial way is a personal journey and we each get out of it what we put into it.
Clayton Pettus
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. Especially for me. Bruce Lee is an idol of mine. And his book teaches not only martial arts and self defense but it also shows you how you should live your life. With happiness. The book also told parts and struggles through his life. I absolutely love this book.
Gavin Wilkes
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you like Bruce Lee and his insights on life then this book is a great combination of life quotes, valuable life lessons, and different forms of martial arts that Bruce Lee studied. I'd recommend this book because it was a great read.
Todd
Jul 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Early stuff.
John Perlin
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
An excellent book on Martial Art for one of its greatest masters. If you study any martial art this book is a must read.
Bobby
Dec 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
one of a few written by Bruce Lee
Fouzi Faizi
GOOD BOOOK
Santino Isaac
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great informational book. Teaches you the true meaning for kung fu. Physical technique and philosophy is taught through out. Recommend for some one who is interested in the art. Gung fu 101
Ronny Borok
Apr 05, 2016
Ah
Jun 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • T'ai Chi Classics (Shambhala Classics)
  • The Root of Chinese Qigong: Secrets of Health, Longevity, & Enlightenment
  • Wing Chun Kung Fu
  • Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts
  • Moving toward Stillness: Lessons in Daily Life from the Martial Ways of Japan
  • Unarmed Fighting Techniques of the Samurai
  • The Zen Way to Martial Arts: A Japanese Master Reveals the Secrets of the Samurai
  • Training the Samurai Mind: A Bushido Sourcebook
  • Solo Training
  • The Ninja and Their Secret Fighting Art
  • The Bruce Lee Story
  • The Power of Internal Martial Arts: Combat Secrets of Ba Gua, Tai Chi, and Hsing-I
Bruce Lee was an American-born martial artist, philosopher, instructor, martial arts actor and the founder of the Jeet Kune Do martial arts system, widely regarded as the most influential martial artist of the 20th century and a cultural icon. He was the father of actor Brandon Lee and of actress Shannon Lee.
More about Bruce Lee...