Start by marking “A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems” as Want to Read:
A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems

A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems

'...an ode not only from a husband to his wife, but to love in its entirety.'
- Leanne Neill, author of 'Blue Lotus'

'...a man's journey in love, from primal instincts and lust to the deepest infatuation and connection.'
- Dem Had, author of 'Barricades'

'...passion, desire and beauty... sensual yet pure expressions of love...'
- Kimelene Carr, author of 'Iles de Contes… the st
Published June 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems

Start your review of A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems
Leah
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Has a guy ever written you a poem to show you he cares about you? How about an entire book of poems? That is exactly what A Vow: A Collection of Love Poems is- a book of love poems written by Aurelien Thomas about his wife, Amina. Mr. Thomas is a French poet who now resides in England.

A Vow is Thomas' creative expression of love for his wife. This is a short collection, just over 25 poems. The collection is focused entirely on love, but also explores the definitions of what marital love can enco
Elizabeth Holland
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of poems with a heartwarming story behind them. The poems are each derived from love notes that the poet had written to his wife. The poet has also pledged to donate proceeds to Happily Dating.

The poems are filled with a range of emotions. The book is split into five parts; Love, Lust, Sickness, Health and, We Belong. My favourite was Sickness. I particularly enjoyed the poem Heaven.

The book was brilliantly formatted to convey each poem.

A wonderful read with a romantic
Edentu D. Oroso
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Aurélien Thomas' A VOW were a guitar chord, it is certainly struck by the hands of a virtuoso, for it ennobles the tides of passion by rising and throwing forth love as a gift ''full of buds to be born.''

In A VOW, Aurélien takes the reader on a ''journey'' where the pulse of the heart ''like the hull of a boat'' rides the waves of ecstasy and still tells ''a tale of its journey.''

Rendered in simple but elegant language, A VOW is poetry at its finest...it burrows into the depths of human emoti
Natalie  Freese
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A love song to his wife and marriage.

This is a collection of poems not to be overlooked. Not only does the poet tell you how much he loves his wife but he tells you, in great detail, how he has felt every step of the way. You read, experience the relationship from the love into the lust to the sickness and health to the laughing in the face of the world that says they won’t last.
Mainly wrote in traditional rhyming stanzas he does get creative with avant-garde grammar a time or two.
David Wagoner
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book on the subject of love. It would make a wonderful present for the one you love or anyone who has ever loved. Falling in love, can't seem to propose, coming up on an anniversary, need a gift for a special couple, or just want something to read to take you out of yourself? This is the poetry book for you. ...more
Kimelene Carr
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has blended the elements of love, passion, desire, loyalty and friendship into beautiful worded art, creating these lovely verses inside this gem of a book. I am definitely adding 'A Vow' to my collection! ...more
Ivan Villaluz
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Power of Love

The author shows the universality of Love. His use of sensuous poetic words will bring you to the wonderland where you, as the reader will experience the deep emotion embedded in the lines. You somehow wish to be the object of his passion. "You are the heaven through my hell" speaks of the taming power of Love. Everything painful, dark, wild and sorrowful fade away when Love takes its stand. As the old adage hoes, "Love conquers all". The world we live today needs more Love. If such
Katie Mettner
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A collection of romantic love poems written from the heart to the other half of his heart. The sensual flow of his poems lets the reader be part of their love story. The poems are so easy to read you've finished the book before you even realize it. The poems would be lovely reading for couples old and new who are finding their way through the ups and downs of a relationship and life. This beautiful collection of poems captures true love and shares it with the world. ...more
M. Ali
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raw, unique, supreme! this is how I can describe Aurélien's poetry.
It leaves you with a feeling of wanting to read more, to discover the new line and the new poem coming afterwards.
It's like a machine-gun Rat-tat-tat-ta! each line is a fired bullet, strong and bereft of pretension. in this collection "A vow" we can easily notice the mastery of language executed by the Poet in an artistic way with his remarkable poised eloquence.
I definitely recommend reading "A vow" and sharing it with your lo
Laura Wolf
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic collection

This Frenchman has a higher command of English than most Englishmen.

"A Vow" takes you through the journey of love, from those first fleeting impressions and hopes, through lust, and the turmoil of developing something deeper, all the way through to the final ode to wedding vows.

I've been meaning to get back into poetry for a long time, and this collection was a delight to work my way through - I was left kind of sad it ended at all.
Ashley Greathouse
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by these perfectly woven words that made me realize that love and promises of forever are something that I personally take for granted sometimes. After I read the last page, I looked at my husband in a new light. This author really knows how to get in your head and open your eyes to what a vow really means.
Sycamore Wild
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALL of it is SUPERB.
This book by Aurélien Thomas was so much fun to read. It had everything a reader needs to keep them turning the pages. A heartfelt, inviting and accessible collection of personal poetic reflections.Undeniably, a gorgeous book of love poems that are just awesome...it has a commanding jolt of the beauty of love.

-JinQue RD
Author of Someone Painted the World Black
Samiha Zubair
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well of words, where all laps invoked in love is the only way by which reader can save oneself from drowning and still taste its depth. This is the state that awashed and syruped me with ardour only to find out that there is more and its insatiable. Congratulations ! for this marvellous job Aurelien. Let's see which emotion he plucks and fluffs in his next book. ...more
Dee James
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At the onset, I'd like to say that I usually do not read poetry. Yet, I was intrigued because 'The Vow' was about love and it was written by a man :). I'm glad I decided to read it! I loved it. I took my time and savored each poetry that described a unique flavor of love every single time.

Aurelien has create this beautiful bouquet of poetry for his wife, and I must say she's one lucky person for this beautiful dedication. The poetries are divided into sections like Love, Lust, Sickness, Health,
Virginia Martin
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful sentiment from Aurelien Thomas's love poems collection: A Vow.
"For letting your heart entwine mine, for being my heart's smile."
The poems are heartfelt, sometimes raw in their expression of love. The author uses excellent descriptive imagery with his words to convey his utmost feelings of love in all its stages. The love for his wife is evident in this beautiful poetry collection. My favorite poems are: "A Thank You", "A Bunch of Smiles", "A Hug", "A Purpose", and "A Souvenir." I hi
Rosario Villaluz
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The lines knitted in every poem in the book, "A Vow' are so intense, soulful and oozing with so much love that one can't help to be mesmerized by the power of love. In the poem, "A Garden", the author made an assurance for his beloved a haven where she can find rest and peace.

"And in this garden of my heart
This haven where you rest
This place where love will not depart
This secret in my chest
I found peace and I feel blessed."

Yay! Such a great and splendid love carefully woven in this collection o
Cristina Isabel
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Vow, not just a collection of love poems, but a magical journey of Love.  Each poem has its own thoughtful praise and recognition that is tied to a vow.  Many made me reflect on my own personal experiences back when I was dating, then when I got married.  Love is the center of all things in life and that's what makes life so beautiful.  There are five parts to 'A Vow' and they are Love, Lust, Sickness, Health and We Belong.  In Love, I found A Rise (For Love is not a Fall) and A Garden.  In Lu ...more
Cass Galleas
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The language of lovers is the most universal language in the world.

The author shared his deepest feelings of love and passion for his wife Amina, opening them to the entire world. If you are not a skeptic, you will see the whole depth of the author’s feelings and you can also feel a lot of sensations, emotions and experiences with him. He puts on paper like a medieval poet, carefully drawing each letter with a pen on paper, burning with passion and love for his beloved. Each poem has a true man'
Divyanshi Sharma
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a world where love is just a word and true emotions are hard to find, A Vow- A Collection of Love Poems serves as a ray of hope for all those old-school romantics.

The book is divided into five sections- Love, Lust, Sickness, Health, and We belong. The first two sections, love and lust and all about the pleasures of having a soulmate.

The book begins with the poem titled A RISE (For Love Is Not a Fall) and the thought is fresh and intriguing.

There are many definitions of ‘ Falling in love’ but
Tamir A. Shaw
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This refreshing collection of love poems speaks volumes about the ambitions and optimism of newfound love. The songs within its pages describe the experiences of a heart that was permitted unrestricted exploration of the joy that is offered to all but few freely embrace and appreciate.
Relationships will change but love holds on through the battles waged by a broken society inhabited by jilted lovers and those too weak to dust themselves off and try again. Thomas illustrates some of what can go w
Aurélien Thomas
Jun 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: poetry-indie
Ayo Gutierrez
Jun 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shaina
Edwardky
Jul 05, 2020
Book Bloggers of ...: Subscribe to win!! 1 3 Feb 11, 2021 02:55AM
Haney Hayes Promo...: Love, in support of love!! 3 3 Nov 18, 2020 12:07AM
Haney Hayes Promo...: Love Poetry and Learning Disabilities 1 3 Oct 15, 2020 12:38AM
Haney Hayes Promo...: 'A Name', extract from 'A VOW' 1 10 Jan 19, 2020 04:17AM

• Yearnings: Collected Poetry
  • A Little Christmas Pretense: A Fairy-Tale Inspired Sweet Romance (Need a Little Christmas Book 1)
  • Someone Painted the World Black
  • Richer than Pride - An Ode to Womanhood
  • The Light Of My Dark: A collection of poetry inspired by betrayal
  • Madness, Chaos Unravelled
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Love Your Life
  • Lost In Life
  • The Marked Princess (The Shendri Series, #1)
  • Counting Down to Christmas
  • Accusing Mr. Darcy
  • The Tycoon's Unexpected Baby (The Abbot Sisters Book 3)
  • The Hitman's Obsession
  • Christmas at Carly's Cupcakes
  • The Boy from the Snow
  • Strange Colours
  • A Hogmanay Kiss (The Back Up Plan)
I write poetry. I started by writing and publishing in French (my native language) but have now adopted English.

My first poetry collection, 'A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems', is available through Amazon. Some extracts have featured in various international publications, been the object of a column in Writing Magazine, and won competition (Momaya Poetry Competition 2018).

Self-published in 2019,