Start by marking “A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems” as Want to Read:
A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems

A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  14 ratings  ·  14 reviews
'...an ode not only from a husband to his wife, but to love in its entirety.'
- Leanne Neill, author of 'Blue Lotus'

'...a man's journey in love, from primal instincts and lust to the deepest infatuation and connection.'
- Dem Had, author of 'Barricades'

'...passion, desire and beauty... sensual yet pure expressions of love...'
- Kimelene Carr, author of 'Iles de Contes the
Published June 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems
Natalie Painter Freese
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A love song to his wife and marriage.

This is a collection of poems not to be overlooked. Not only does the poet tell you how much he loves his wife but he tells you, in great detail, how he has felt every step of the way. You read, experience the relationship from the love into the lust to the sickness and health to the laughing in the face of the world that says they wont last.
Mainly wrote in traditional rhyming stanzas he does get creative with avant-garde grammar a time or two.
Kimelene Carr
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has blended the elements of love, passion, desire, loyalty and friendship into beautiful worded art, creating these lovely verses inside this gem of a book. I am definitely adding 'A Vow' to my collection!
Katie Mettner
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A collection of romantic love poems written from the heart to the other half of his heart. The sensual flow of his poems lets the reader be part of their love story. The poems are so easy to read you've finished the book before you even realize it. The poems would be lovely reading for couples old and new who are finding their way through the ups and downs of a relationship and life. This beautiful collection of poems captures true love and shares it with the world.
M. Ali
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raw, unique, supreme! this is how I can describe Aurélien's poetry.
It leaves you with a feeling of wanting to read more, to discover the new line and the new poem coming afterwards.
It's like a machine-gun Rat-tat-tat-ta! each line is a fired bullet, strong and bereft of pretension. in this collection "A vow" we can easily notice the mastery of language executed by the Poet in an artistic way with his remarkable poised eloquence.
I definitely recommend reading "A vow" and sharing it with your
Edentu D. Oroso
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Aurélien Thomas' A VOW were a guitar chord, it is certainly struck by the hands of a virtuoso, for it ennobles the tides of passion by rising and throwing forth love as a gift ''full of buds to be born.''

In A VOW, Aurélien takes the reader on a ''journey'' where the pulse of the heart ''like the hull of a boat'' rides the waves of ecstasy and still tells ''a tale of its journey.''

Rendered in simple but elegant language, A VOW is poetry at its finest...it burrows into the depths of human
Ashley Greathouse
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by these perfectly woven words that made me realize that love and promises of forever are something that I personally take for granted sometimes. After I read the last page, I looked at my husband in a new light. This author really knows how to get in your head and open your eyes to what a vow really means.
David Wagoner
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book on the subject of love. It would make a wonderful present for the one you love or anyone who has ever loved. Falling in love, can't seem to propose, coming up on an anniversary, need a gift for a special couple, or just want something to read to take you out of yourself? This is the poetry book for you.
JinQue R.D.
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALL of it is SUPERB.
This book by Aurélien Thomas was so much fun to read. It had everything a reader needs to keep them turning the pages. A heartfelt, inviting and accessible collection of personal poetic reflections.Undeniably, a gorgeous book of love poems that are just awesome...it has a commanding jolt of the beauty of love.

-JinQue RD
Author of Someone Painted the World Black
Samiha Zubair
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well of words, where all laps invoked in love is the only way by which reader can save oneself from drowning and still taste its depth. This is the state that awashed and syruped me with ardour only to find out that there is more and its insatiable. Congratulations ! for this marvellous job Aurelien. Let's see which emotion he plucks and fluffs in his next book.
Cristina Isabel
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Vow, not just a collection of love poems, but a magical journey of Love.  Each poem has its own thoughtful praise and recognition that is tied to a vow.  Many made me reflect on my own personal experiences back when I was dating, then when I got married.  Love is the center of all things in life and that's what makes life so beautiful.  There are five parts to 'A Vow' and they are Love, Lust, Sickness, Health and We Belong.  In Love, I found A Rise (For Love is not a Fall) and A Garden.  In ...more
Laura Wolf
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic collection

This Frenchman has a higher command of English than most Englishmen.

"A Vow" takes you through the journey of love, from those first fleeting impressions and hopes, through lust, and the turmoil of developing something deeper, all the way through to the final ode to wedding vows.

I've been meaning to get back into poetry for a long time, and this collection was a delight to work my way through - I was left kind of sad it ended at all.
Cass Galleas
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The language of lovers is the most universal language in the world.

The author shared his deepest feelings of love and passion for his wife Amina, opening them to the entire world. If you are not a skeptic, you will see the whole depth of the authors feelings and you can also feel a lot of sensations, emotions and experiences with him. He puts on paper like a medieval poet, carefully drawing each letter with a pen on paper, burning with passion and love for his beloved. Each poem has a true man's
Divyanshi Sharma
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a world where love is just a word and true emotions are hard to find, A Vow- A Collection of Love Poems serves as a ray of hope for all those old-school romantics.

The book is divided into five sections- Love, Lust, Sickness, Health, and We belong. The first two sections, love and lust and all about the pleasures of having a soulmate.

The book begins with the poem titled A RISE (For Love Is Not a Fall) and the thought is fresh and intriguing.

There are many definitions of Falling in love but
Tamir A. Shaw
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This refreshing collection of love poems speaks volumes about the ambitions and optimism of newfound love. The songs within its pages describe the experiences of a heart that was permitted unrestricted exploration of the joy that is offered to all but few freely embrace and appreciate.
Relationships will change but love holds on through the battles waged by a broken society inhabited by jilted lovers and those too weak to dust themselves off and try again. Thomas illustrates some of what can go
Aurélien Thomas
Jun 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: poetry-indie
Ayo Gutierrez
Jun 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shaina
Ashley Greathouse
is currently reading it
Jul 02, 2019
Haney Hayes Promo...: 'A Name', extract from 'A VOW' 1 9 Jan 19, 2020 04:17AM

• Hostile Pursuit (Hard Core Justice #1)
  • Backward Blessings: A Small Town Romance
  • A Little Christmas Pretense: A Wish Upon a Christmas Star Novella
  • Coffee and Dessert: Meg (Sweet Matchmaking Series Book 1)
  • South Dakota Showdown (Badlands Cops #1)
  • Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn, #8)
  • Someone Painted the World Black
  • How to Be Miserable in Your Twenties: 40 Strategies to Fail at Adulting
  • A Day in the Life of Max
  • A Christmas Story
  • The Lovely Wild In Me
  • Food DISHionary (Book 3)
I write poetry. I started by writing and publishing in French (my native language) but have now adopted English.

My first poetry collection, 'A Vow - A Collection of Love Poems', is available through Amazon. Some extracts have featured in various international publications, been the object of a column in Writing Magazine, and won competition (Momaya Poetry Competition 2018).

I also have a blog