Start by marking “The Pagemaster” as Want to Read:
The Pagemaster

The Pagemaster

A young boy who is afraid of everything gets trapped in the local library, where he befriends three strange characters, Adventure, Fantasy, and Horror, and must overcome his fears while journeying through Storyland towards the Exit Sign. Movie tie-in.
Mass Market Paperback, 134 pages
Published November 1st 1994 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Pagemaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pagemaster

Katie
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I seen the movie of this years ago when I was a kid and thought I'd finally read the book, I am so glad that I did! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it took me right back to when I was a kid!

All of the stories in this book are awesome and I loved the way it was written. I love the character Horror :)

I recommend this book to people of all ages. It makes me want to watch the movie again! 5 stars from me!
YorchTF
El libro es calcado a la peli (igual tiene que ver que es un caso en los que hacen una versión novelada de una película) pero está entretenido para los que nos gusta la lectura. Ideal para que lo lean los niños y tal vez se animen a leer más y para los no tan niños nos sirve para tener un reto lector más en nuestra colección: leer los libros que se nombran en El Guardián de las Palabras
SugarBooks
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lo leí de pequeña, pero lo tengo en mi colección de libros guardado con mucho cariño. sin duda un libro que leerán mis futuros hijos... recomendado para todos los niños y no tan niños, que disfrutan con la fantasía. Es precioso :)
Kobito
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good message. But I'm a little bit too old to enjoy this book but for a kid, I think it would be a cute little adventure.
Isa Lot
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Cometí el error de ver la película antes de leer el libro. Y es que el libro y la película son idénticos, la película tiene frases literales del libro y por tanto, me aburrí mucho leyéndolo porque sabía todo lo que iba a pasar.

Aun así puedo deciros que es un libro infantil fantástico para niños de unos 8 a 11 años, aunque yo siendo mayor lo leyera por curiosidad. Es muy divertido y me gustó encontrar en él a personajes de otros libros clásicos. Es un libro adecuado para lectores, así sabrás de q
Razan
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was 8. And after I was done, I felt sooo proud of myself for what I have accomplished. I never stopped reading since!! It's amazing what one little book can do to a persons life <3!!!
Andrea Merelo
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Wow, it sucks! My first script-book adaptation and I'm feeling really disappointed. A lots of "Pum! Pam! Piu!".. Descriptions of the things I saw in the movie when I was a kid and nothing more. Wow. No. Really horrible.
Anna Serra i Vidal
Apr 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, kids
Quick and fun read, even though it reads as a film novelization and it shows sometimes. If it was a real MG it would benefit from some deepening characterization.
But kids enjoy it and read it so quickly it's nice to see them flipping pages!
Lauren
Read this because of the movie. Enjoyed this, but I felt that the story (including the movie) could really do better.
Sara Narrow-LaPoint
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, childrens
You could tell that this was taken straight from the movie. I forget what they call these kinds of books..the kids seemed to like it though!
Destin Kozojed
Jan 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids
This was my favorite book when I was young. I read it a bunch of times.
Josh
Apr 10, 2015
Mohammed
Jul 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Todd Strasser is an American author of more than 130 young-adult and middle grade novels and novelizations, some written under the pen names Morton Rue and T.S.Rue

Todd was born in New York City. When he was young his parents moved to Roslyn Heights, New York (Long Island). Todd went to the I.U. Willets Elementary school and then attended the Wheatley School for junior high and high school. His bes