Start by marking “I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)” as Want to Read:
I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)

I Buried a Witch

(Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)

Something old, something new, something borrowed…something blacker than the darkest night.

Cosmo Saville adores his new husband, but his little white lies—and some very black magic—are about to bring his fairytale romance to an end. Someone is killing San Francisco's spellcasters—and the only person Cosmo can turn to—the man who so recently swore to love and cherish him—isn
ebook
Published November 30th 2019 by Josh Lanyon

To ask other readers questions about I Buried a Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Buried a Witch

Start your review of I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)
* A Reader Obsessed *
Still 3 Stars

Whelp.

I’m not sure what to think of this series.

There were things I continued to enjoy about this, and there were definitely things I did not.

The main issue I have is that I cannot call this a romance. I simply cannot wrap my head around Cosmo and John’s love story. Their dynamic, their reasons for being with each other, and mainly, John’s entire disagreeable personality, all failed in spite of the hard efforts of Lanyon to convince me otherwise.

What I continue to like though, is t
Meags
2.5 Stars (rounded up because I’m feeling that generous Christmas spirit)

In this sequel to Mainly by Moonlight, we dive back into the magic-related murder and mystery with Cosmo, an antiques dealer and secret witch who has just returned from his honeymoon with Police Commissioner John, only to discover that members of the local Wiccan community are being killed off in gruesome and ritualistic ways.

Like in book one, John makes it abundantly clear that his new husband (who he’s now known for a to
Teal
John is a jerk.

Cosmo is a ninny.

And the middle third of the book was a pure hate-read for me.

In parallel with this, I was reading something truly awesome, and when I needed a breather from its intensity I’d pick this up again — otherwise, it would likely have been a DNF. Certainly if it hadn’t had Josh Lanyon’s name on it, it would have been a DNF. Hell, the first book would have been a DNF.

But.

I trusted that the MCs were problematic and their relationship a total mess not because it was the wo
Josh
Jan 08, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-work
Really loving writing these characters and this world. So much so, that I think after this three-book arc ends, I'm going to go ahead and continue the series--although I don't know that the following three books will be a tight arc like the first three. There are so many things I want to explore in this world and with these characters.

Anyway, next up: BELL, BOOK AND SCANDAL.
mwana
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review contains spoilers for Bk. 1

The second book in the Bedknobs and Broomsticks series picks up right where the first one left off.

After Ciara tries to kill Cosmo because she thought he killed Seamus, Cosmo and new husband John go on honeymoon to Scotland. They come back to San Fransisco to continue settling in and it's not exactly smooth sailing.

Meanwhile, Cosmo is certain that Ciara didn't kill Seamus and had nothing to do with putting Rex in a coma. But no one, not even his husband,
CrabbyPatty
"Mainly by Moonlight," the first book in Josh Lanyon's new Bedknobs and Broomsticks series was more of a whirlwind introduction to the unlikely marriage between stoic police commissioner John and glittery antique store owner / cocktail cupcake creater Cosmo. In between magical spells and a murder, Cosmo blythly ignores the warning signs that perhaps wedding John without full disclosure is not going to turn out well.

As "I Buried a Witch" progresses, it becomes a case of that traditional adage "M
Adam

Book 2 is where the inevitable happens.

Cosmo and John have absolutely adored each other for the four weeks they’ve been together. They went from complete strangers, to faincés, to husbands, and even managed a successful honeymoon in Scotland.

But the residual effects of magic and the first glow of love can only last so long before the cracks in the relationship begin showing.

I acknowledged in my review of the first book that the relationship is ridiculous and very shaky. That’s still tr
Trio
Spectacular!

I absolutely love - love this series! Wonderful characters, creative *magical* plots, hot romancin’, and beautifully written, as all of Josh Lanyon’s stories are.

Cosmo is a total doll, and John is all the good things a Lanyon dreamboat should be. I can’t wait to see what happens next for these guys.

Performed by Kale Williams, I adore what he brings to these characters in the audio version of I Buried a Witch. His smooth, sensual voice is perfect for the romantic scenes, and the light
Kimberly
As with Mainly by Moonlight, I wrestled with rating this book. I may do a full review later on, but for now here's a quick and dirty list of what worked for me and what didn't. Spoilers are all in spoiler tags.

Likes:
- Cosmo - he's a kindhearted witch with a bright personality and an interesting voice. I adored him and want to see him get the happily ever after he deserves.
- (view spoiler)
Melissa
2021 ebook review
Okay, I remember this now. I had all the highlights, but forgot several of the in between details, like John staying with his bodyguard after the blowup with Cos, and things so Oliver, and haha, who the killer was. So I guess what I mean when I say I remembered the highlights is I remember Cos, John, and Jinx are in the book, and magic secrets are revealed. 😆😆😆😆

This is a, I was going to say nice, but John isn't nice. He's an asshole. Below review still very true. So this is a no
Natalia
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wende
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Josh wrote this?

I finished and will say only three stars. Loved Cos but John did not redeem himself.
(view spoiler)
Skirmish
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.com/2020/02/25/...
Rating: 4 Stars – minor quibbles but I loved it to bits
Ulysses Dietz
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks 2)
By Josh Lanyon
Just Joshin Publishing Inc., 2019
Five stars

“It wasn’t that I didn’t have faith in the Goddess. It’s that I knew only too well, sometimes the Goddess answers no.”

John Galbraith, first gay police commissioner of San Francisco, and his new husband, Cosmo Saville, are barely back from their Scottish honeymoon when things start to go awry. More awry.

As always, Lanyon is a charming, stylish writer, able to let us dig inside the heads of her c
Iris
Dec 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t get John. He’s such a unpleasant human being, more so than Jake. I’m confused by his behaviors. Talk about inconsistency, he is the inconsistent one, not Cosmo. One minute he was a prick, next minute he was a passionate lover again. And he dared to demand Cosmo giving up his magic in exchange for what? Getting back with him?? Well, I know in a fiction everything is planned so this is probably nothing. But in reality, it is a recipe for domestic violence.

Caz
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've given this a B- at AAR, so that's 3.5 stars, rounded up.

I Buried a Witch is the middle book in Josh Lanyon’s  Bedknobs and Broomsticks  trilogy, a series of fantasy/mystery/romance novels set in and around San Francisco and featuring witch and antiques dealer Cosmo Saville and his husband, John Joseph Galbraith, the Commissioner of Police.

The books don’t really stand alone as there’s an overarching storyline, (and the previous book raised more questions than it answered!) so if you haven’
Caz
I've given this a B+ for narration and a B for content at AudioGals.

I Buried a Witch is book two in Josh Lanyon’s Bedknobs and Broomsticks series, and it picks up just a couple of weeks after the events of book one, Mainly by Moonlight. Because all three books are linked by an overarching plot, it’s fairly safe to say that this one doesn’t really work as a standalone. The author does include a bit of backstory and information about book one, but I think listeners will be best served by liste
Andrea
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I liked it more than the first book in the series, but I still have issues with it.

I really liked that Cosmo realized how unhealthy the relationship between him and John is. They're not equals, they don't know each other, and all they have is a love based on lust they can't explain. They had an actual conversation after Cosmo finally had enough and stood up for himself (which was awesome), and I thought this would finally be the turning point where they re-assess their relationship an
Mirjam

Part of the Bedknobs and Broomsticks Series and must be read in order:
Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1) by Josh Lanyon I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2) by Josh Lanyon Bell, Book and Scandal (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #3) by Josh Lanyon
Emilie
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a good Josh Lanyon book, with character growth and all. Cosmo can be very dramatic, but he does care about people. Despite his status as a nobleman in a magical tradition and family, Cosmo missed the family memo about not being concerned with the troubles of mere mortals.

Maman was not around as much to help Cosmo -- with her own definition of help, anyway -- in this book, and Cosmo comes to realize that he has to stand up for himself. He knew he shouldn't have lied so much to certain mo
Joyfully Jay
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I Buried a Witch is the second novel in Josh Lanyon’s Bedknobs and Broomsticks series. As it picks up pretty much right after the first, it goes without saying that if you haven’t read Mainly by Moonlight, this novel will not make a great deal of sense. Even for me, someone who loved the first book, it took me a moment to recall all the characters mentioned in these first few chapters and their relationships to each other and Cosmo. However, the author does a good j
ReviewerLarissa
DeeNeez
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I felt like this book was not as exciting as the last one, but really focused more on the reality of love relationships. The need to build an equal partnership, and acceptance for love to really work. Theirs was a whirlwind, where neither reached that point before marriage. And I really believe we will see growth in John, cause Cosmo is going whip him off his pedestal.

As for the mysteries, and yes, there is more than one going on, they intrigue me. Over I still love this...it’s all part of the
Lauren McLaughlin
This book is just as incoherent and messy as the first one, but I'm still reading them so really, who's the fool here? ...more
Carol
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew at the end of book 1 that Cosmo was not doing the right thing by not telling John what and who he really was…although John doesn’t appear to be the most forgiving or understanding sort. A great many of the characters are both good and bad except for Cosmo and John who are just trying to make their marriage work. Even the cat…who’s not really a cat…is pretty standoffish…yet the plots and the stories work together very well. That’s probably due to Josh Lanyon being such a good story teller. ...more
TJ
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this a lot but gosh I really can't stand John he is such a douche and I just couldn't believe some of the shit that came out of his mouth. The way he treats Cosmo is completely unacceptable. So many times I just wanted to jump into the book and punch him the face .

With that said I didn't let that emotionally abusive jerk ruin the book for me. I really enjoyed it, this might even end up being one of my favorite series. I absolutely adore Cosmo and the world and storylines are really int
Lisa
This book picks up directly from the last book. Johns has found out that Cos is a witch and hasn't taken it well.
Some reviewers have said they hate John at this time, I dont hate him but I think it must be quite a shock to find out that your husband is a witch and it takes some adjusting to.
The book continues with the mystery of who the witch killer is.
I can't wait for the final book in the series to see if Cos gets his HEA and all the ends tied up.
Shirley
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another 4.5-5 star rating in this series

Funny story… this is my second read of I Buried a Witch. I read it at the end of last year, but it showed up on my TBR list on GoodReads. Now, I know that I could have backdated the read, because I definitely did read it, but I thought what the heck? It definitely wasn’t a hardship on my part to read the book again, so here we are. (This time I double checked to make SURE it was marked correctly on GR.)

You probably already guessed that I considered I Bur
Sandra (Waiting For Wentworth)
I Buried A Witch was another well written book from Josh Lanyon. I liked what was going on here with the world building and the character development. The first book was a bit of a blur with a lot of introductions, so I was happy to settle in with this one and just enjoy the story.

I was looking forward to getting to know John better, but he's still mostly a mystery to me. Except that he's very judgemental! Almost to the point of being unlikable. Oh well, Cosmo sure seems to love him, so I will
Amanda
3.5 stars.
So first off, I’m totally immersed in all the magic and mystery. I’ve been constantly on the edge of my seat and trying to figure out exactly what is going on (in a good way!) There have been some theories I’ve been proven correct on, some I’m still waiting to figure out, and even some where I was so completely wrong. I’m hooked and can’t wait to figure out where it all ends up. I also love Cosmo, he’s kind-hearted and a little accident prone, and finally standing up for himself to ev
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Bitter Pill (PsyCop, #11)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Back in Black (McGinnis Investigations, #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Final Atonement (Doug Orlando Mystery, #1)
  • False Confessions (Doug Orlando Mystery, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Bones (Snow & Winter, #4)
  • Blue on Blue (Bitter Legacy, #3)
  • The Long Call (Two Rivers, #1)
  • The Rational Faculty (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #1)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • The Husband (It's Just Us Here #7)
  • Other Half (PsyCop #12)
  • Love Is a Stranger (More Heat Than the Sun #1)
  • Conscious Decisions of the Heart (More Heat Than the Sun, #2)
  • Interlude (Snow & Winter Collection, #1)
See top shelves…
Josh Lanyon is the author of over sixty titles of classic Male/Male fiction featuring twisty mystery, kickass adventure and unapologetic man-on-man romance.

Her work has been translated into eleven languages. The FBI thriller Fair Game was the first male/male title to be published by Harlequin Mondadori, the largest romance publisher in Italy. Stranger on the Shore (Harper Collins Italia) was the f

Bedknobs and Broomsticks (4 books)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Bell, Book and Scandal (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #3)
  • Hex in the City (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #4)