Start by marking “Chocolate Dipped Death (A Candy Shop Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chocolate Dipped Death (A Candy Shop Mystery, #2)

Chocolate Dipped Death

(A Candy Shop Mystery #2)

When poisoned bon-bons end the life of a town trouble-maker, candy shop owner Abby Shaw finds herself trapped in an extremely sticky situation.
Mass Market Paperback, 254 pages
Published March 7th 2006 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Dipped Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Dipped Death

Linda
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: bingo, challenge
Nice second book to the series, this time with a murder occurring when Abby is holding the annual candy contest at Divinity. The victim was pretty easy to guess although I didn't get the culprit at all. I liked the recipes in the back and the French toast one sounds pretty good.
Andrea Guy
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the Candy Store Mysteries series. It is a fabulous cozy mystery. It has everything you've come to expect from this kind of book; a spunky heroine, a boyfriend in some area of law enforcement, an absolutely adorable pet, a shop of some sort and a dead body. (You mustn't forget the dead body!!)

What I loved about Abby is that she has a little of what readers love about Stephanie Plum, but she's not quite the Hot Mess, that Steph is. She has problems in her life; her family,
Genevieve Bomes
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Candy Shop Mystery series and a girl who no one liked when she was in school is back to compete in the candy competition at Divinity. Abby is worried her cousin will be blamed and when a box of chocolates from her store were found to have poisoned her she sets out to help the police find out who dun it.
Another great story line and the mystery will keep you guessing. The relationships of Abby's family and friends are so real that you feel like you know them. A great
Sarah Adamson
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
The second in the candy shop mystery series.
I didn't enjoy this book as much as some of the others in the series. The main character got whiny and irritating, and I wanted to sit her down with an ice pack and a cup of coffee and tell her to pull herself together.
Overall however the mystery was good and had plenty of twists and turns although I did work out the murderer fairly early on. The other characters were believable and the story was of interest.
Jennifer Collins
Killer was predictable, but I love 'who did it's.'
Nonetheless, well written.
And it made me very hungry with all of its yummy food referencing 😂
Merrie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A good candy mystery read (pun interned)
Tabby Kat
The Annual Confectionary Competition has become a staple of winter in the small town of Paradise, Colorado. Abby Shaw is doing her best to carry on the tradition. As the new owner of the candy shop Divinity, it is her responsibility to run the weekend. Things are running okay until Savannah Horne arrives.

Savannah hasn't been in town since high school, but memories are long in Paradise. When she was here, she made life miserable for everyone. Twenty years later, Abby thinks that Savannah might h
Jessica
Jan 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Paula
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it
I am enjoying this series set in Colorado and a candy store.

Savannah has returned to Paradise to help her sister settle their mother's estate. She is married to an up and coming guy who has just accepted a new job in New York. Everyone remembers Savannah from school and the feelings of hate are still rampant. Evie accuses Savannah of cheating during the Confectionary Competition when she wins first prize. Abby tries to smooth things over but makes little progress.

Abby finds Savannah's body behi
Patti
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
In Book two of the series, Abby is hosting the yearly 3 day Confectionary Competition. Her hopes for a smooth going are ruined when the much hated Savannah Horne shows up and wins the first night of the tasting. Savannah hasn't been in town for 20 years, but when she lived there, she hurt almost everyone in some way, so when she ends up dead, there are plenty of suspects.

When Abby's cousin, Karen is a suspect, she can't leave the sleuthing to the police alone, and goes in search of the real kil
Maria (Ri)
I definitely enjoyed this second book of the Candy Shop Mystery series better than the first, Candy Apple Dead. It is much faster pace and carries a little more intrigue and drama. The ending felt a little rushed though, and I had to read the last few pages a second time because I felt like I was missing some information. Turns out I wasn't; it just wasn't all there. I would have liked a few more answers in the end, but I can appreciate that not everything was tied up in a too tight package like ...more
Carol
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, cozy-mysteries
I liked this cozy. Sammi Carter has a dry sense of humor that shines through this book. There were suspect aplenty but I did guess the murderer fairly early. There were great recipes in the back of the book but I would have liked more glimpses into chocolate candy making.

I loved the main character, Abby Shaw. When questioned why she would give up being a corporate attorney to run a candy shop, I loved her answer. You will need to read the book to find out what her retort was. There seemed a litt
T.L.
Apr 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
I liked this second entry in the Candy Shop Mystery series.
I've read the first one and found Abby, the protagonist, likable and believable as far as characters go. She doesn't do stupid things and she thinks logically.
Set against the backdrop of a candy store is interesting; recipes for candies mentioned in the book are provided at the end of the book.
Would I seek out other books in this series?
Jamie Brooks
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this second installment a little less than I did the first. I felt like the story surrounding Savannah was a little too complicated. I know we are supposed to be guessing who the murderer was, but it was like the author was trying really hard to lead us on a confusing wild goose chase. Also when you find out who the murder is it is kind of anticlimactic because supposedly Savannah uncovered all these lies.....but then none of those lies were told to the reader.
Kristie
Apr 23, 2010 rated it liked it
2nd in the candy shop series...better than the first, although I didn't like the end. How dumb can one chick be to go after a murderer? I know its a small town but are cops that clueless not to check into what someone reports, especially since it involved a death they are investigating??

I do like the slight romantic aspect between the main character and the cop, Jawarski. Looking forward to it developing in future books.
Pat
A cute, cozy mystery set for the most part in a candy shop. The owner, Abby Shaw, continues her aunt's tradition of hosting a candy-making competition. When a former classmate returns to town and takes first place during the first night of competition, many people are very displeased, and someone is displeased enough to commit murder. Delicious candy recipes are also included.
Tribefan
Feb 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
Yep, I didn't like this one much better then the first one. There is just something about the main character that drives me nuts! One thing I do like is that her dating the detective is more realistic than most stories I've read. That is about all I like about this series. I do not plan to read anymore!
Mark Baker
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2006, mystery
Abby is running her first Confectionary Competition. It's a struggle even before Savannah returns to town and is murdered. Again, the pacing wasn't quite what it could have been, but I love the characters.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Syretta
Aug 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked this one better than the first one. I think the characters were more developed, and I never would have guessed who the killer was- well at least not until Abby found out who the killer was..on to the next book!
Lunetaylina
May 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I read Choco. Dip. Death at the end of 5th grade. It was around testing and it filled my time. It was just as good as the first but the trill of read it was more... locked up due to over excitement the first day of finding it.
Abbygal
Jul 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
I really got into the story line and characters, interesting to read!
Ana Brenda
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Looking forward to the other titles in the series.
Danni
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
These are fun books with good recipes.
Marci
Apr 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Second in a series about Abby who comes back to her small town after the death of her aunt to run a candy shop.
Terri
Mar 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
I liked this better than the first one in the series.
Linda
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This book is more action packed. Interesting how Abby's family seem to be suspects! Having trouble finding "Peppermint Twisted"
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Apr 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-read
Sending this as a rabck to CdnBlueRose.
Tammy
Jun 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Cozy mystery series set in a candy shop inherited by the heroine, Abby Shaw. 2nd in the Candy Shop Mystery series. Includes recipes.
*Ahh' Zah W/  Daa Juicee !//*
May 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
dis a a so-called good book it was ok,.!
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • Rotten to the Core (Orchard, #2)
  • When the Cookie Crumbles (Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Murder by the Slice (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #2)
  • A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4)
  • The Chocolate Bear Burglary (A Chocoholic Mystery, #2)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Fatally Frosted (Donut Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Eggs in Purgatory (Cackleberry Club, #1)
  • The Cluttered Corpse (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #2)
  • Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #4)
  • Death Takes the Cake (A Della Cooks Mystery #2)
Sammi Carter is the multi-published, award-winning author of the popular Candy Shop mystery series featuring amateur sleuth Abby Shaw. Sammi Carter is the pseudonym of Sherry Lewis.

A Candy Shop Mystery (5 books)
  • Candy Apple Dead (A Candy Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Peppermint Twisted (A Candy Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Goody Goody Gunshots (A Candy Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Sucker Punch (A Candy Shop Mystery, #5)
“I launched into my speech, it took me a few seconds to realize that the only one listening was max (the dog) but at least he had the good manners to stop chewing the toilet brush and pay attention.” 3 likes
“The only way out of this was to figure out a compromise they could both live with. Maybe I could convince Miles and Savannah to forgo the public apology if I met them over coffee. Maybe I could convince Evie to stop crying foul. And hey! After that maybe I could spin straw into gold!” 1 likes